As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Or I sent you a code, we'll see. might want to accept the friend invite anyway? But in theory code sent?

cool i accepted the invite, doesn't say anything about the code but it'll probably just be on my xbox when i get home from work.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Well, I managed to get a code and started the download before going to bed on Thursday night. I tested it this (Friday) morning and watched the intro and got into the game before going off to work. Today is going to be a long day at the office!

26904.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Or I sent you a code, we'll see. might want to accept the friend invite anyway? But in theory code sent?

cool i accepted the invite, doesn't say anything about the code but it'll probably just be on my xbox when i get home from work.

Check your email? I dunno outside of that. But I've done all i can do!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Once you send someone an invite, they have to go to the "Beta Redemption" site, log-in to their Ubisoft account, then have it check for Beta Access. Only then will they be sent a code that gets redeemed in the store.

metaghost wrote: »

Once you send someone an invite, they have to go to the "Beta Redemption" site, log-in to their Ubisoft account, then have it check for Beta Access. Only then will they be sent a code that gets redeemed in the store.

ok this shit is crazy, but thank you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    How do I send invites to my friends? I can't find it in the website on the Uplay app.

that totally worked, wow that was buried deep hah.

thanks again!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Best way to start hte beta is an inscrutable black screen of nothingness.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

They cut from that to an eye searing white sceen. Like come on guys when I've got the lights out this is painful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    At least dull it a bit. Destiny 2 starts with a white screen too but it’s not painful to look at.

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular

They cut from that to an eye searing white sceen. Like come on guys when I've got the lights out this is painful.

Also, whoever thought up the 'distort the visuals and then quickly bring them into focus' thing needs to be told that it's not as cool as they think it is.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Just no white screens. Like I don't recall division 1 which is literally in the snow so damn white.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It looks better, in the sense that there's more detail and the vegetation is spreading and such. How long is supposed to have been? I think the NYC winter setting will be really hard to top.

I've yet to see any weather.

Lots of Delta-03 disconnects, but performance seems way, way better than Anthem.

Turret is fairly satisfying, bomber drone feels weird and I don't quite understand how to aim it.

I look like a chubby middle aged Arya Stark, the best I could do smashing that randomize button. Most characters looked like inbred hillbillies with their eyes 1/4" apart.

The cast so far is a veritable 80's Benetton ad!

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Well, the game runs flawlessly for me, and no connection issues at all. I'm really happy we get the AUG3 as an assault rifle this time.

I also managed to find the invite screen, apparently it thought I didn't have access to the beta, so getting into the game "unlocked" that for me.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    It looks better, in the sense that there's more detail and the vegetation is spreading and such. How long is supposed to have been? I think the NYC winter setting will be really hard to top.

I've yet to see any weather.

7 months. The amount of vegetation seems about right for a hot, wet area.

I’ve seen fog and rain. There’s meant to be thunderstorms as well. Fog did the same as fog and bllizzards in the first game - get your shotgun out. Rain looked nice.

But yeah the snowy winter setting is hard to beat.

• CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Apart from the constant disconnects I keep getting, this is a way more enjoyable demo for me than the Anthem weekend. The repetitive loop out in the world is so much better, the missions are shorter and more satisfying, and all of the issues I'm coming across are relatively minor technical problems. The fact that there's easily accessible PVP options and a real, honest endgame plan means I'll be more than happy to pick this up at launch.

Division 1 proved that they can deliver on the "game as service" model and Ubi has solid history as a publisher supporting titles after launch. I have a feeling it's going to slip under a lot of folks' radar for some reason, but this is a real solid bet for me.

My one major gripe is this fucking UI. Unbelievably bad with KBAM.

haha... I was referring to when I first booted the game it just went straight to a black screen after connecting. I had to verbally shut off my xbox.

There are flashes when moving from dark/light areas though!

and the scars/wounds on that one NPC's arms look like they should be actively bleeding! D:

Other thing:
    watched a JTF soldier fail to give CPR to another another one. they had the rhythm right... the body moved too. BUT YOU DON'T DO MOUTH TO MOUTH and that's why he failed.

They seem to have put a fair bit into the NPC details all around, probably more than the first. though I am hoping that remind people again that the drop rates are a lot better in the beta than they will be at retail. so much random loot abound.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey, uh, absolutely fuck the placement of this DZ intro mission
    It's a kilometer away from the closest safe house, streets full of enemies, multiple dead ends, and at the end of it all are skull-level enemies that can one-shot you. I discovered that last one myself.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    hey, uh, absolutely fuck the placement of this DZ intro mission
    It's a kilometer away from the closest safe house, streets full of enemies, multiple dead ends, and at the end of it all are skull-level enemies that can one-shot you. I discovered that last one myself.

quoting because my edit button disappeared
    just had it crash on my halfway through the trip there
    now it's been about 35 unsuccessful minutes since I've started trying to get to this mission

sick, dude, it's lit

Ah, thought I was the only person whose edit button vanished! :Pop:

It sounds like they are properly preparing you for going to the DZ.

I've been disco'd a bunch at the end of missions, which is a drag. Gave up on the one for now, but on the upside I got to keep my loot - which I can see and utilize in the field without having to identify. The controls points are good little encounters and I've come across some random ones like hostages you need to rescue before they get shot and a radio to re-program.

I stopped playing for the night, as I still have about 200 shield points to go... really got to do those survival ones too.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Ew what the fuck did they do to the UI?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Yeah I’m not a fan of the UI redesign. It’s very console oriented.

Needing to double click things in the settings menu feels to wrong.

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    There's an option to enable a dual monitor UI that moves all of the UI elements to a second screen. I'm sorely tempted to enable it.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Yeah I’m not a fan of the UI redesign. It’s very console oriented.

Needing to double click things in the settings menu feels to wrong.

Playing on PS4, so I dunno about all that. It just looks ugly as fuck now.

LxX6eco.jpg
    TIL: not all hideouts have all crafting items available to them in survival. such a grating game type. ugh.

Okay, my new office is juuuuuuust outside the map by like half a block. But I did find my old office. It does not look like this, but the bank and drug store are in the right places! (Just with fake names)

They did not get the Metro stop signs correct, though. Those things are iconic, how the hell did they get them wrong?

LxX6eco.jpg
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Okay, my new office is juuuuuuust outside the map by like half a block. But I did find my old office. It does not look like this, but the bank and drug store are in the right places! (Just with fake names)

They did not get the Metro stop signs correct, though. Those things are iconic, how the hell did they get them wrong?

FREEDOM!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I assume the signs and similar iconography are trademarked.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Anyone found any cosmetics? I've found an autoshotgun that sucked, a few m60s, a few SAWs. No MK17s yet but I did also find my first vector before quitting.

Anyone found any cosmetics? I've found an autoshotgun that sucked, a few m60s, a few SAWs. No MK17s yet but I did also find my first vector before quitting.

I found a pair of chinos and some work boots in random backpacks.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    After a few hours of the game, two things:

1. This trend in lazy UI design where the PC version just gets the console UI needs to end. It's not user friendly, it's not helpful. Just let me click stuff. And stop trying to be so damn fancy with flying boxes and slots everywhere... the process to equip a mod is unnecessarily convoluted.
    2. They need to fix the disconnects. I was cooped with a buddy all night and we disconnected about 10 times during missions. This will kill the game's momentum if they don't figure that out quickly. Like, hopefully tomorrow.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    So for garbage survival, if you kill the hunter can you walk away from the landing point to the helicopter leaves so it spawns another one? I don't think I have the patience to wade through this horseshit any more.

I found towards the end of the evening I was on for a good hour or so without a disconnect which was nice.

Mod ui is bizarre, and it seems that you just unlock mods and can use them on all your guns at once? Well, at least on all the guns of that type that they fit.

eh, it beats farming/crafting in the hopes of getting the same barrel mod or whatever.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hmm...do I squeeze a mission or two into the beta on XBone or go to sleep?

Fuck it, time to shoots mans in DC.

Throw my GamerTag into whatever doc we've got going: BlackDragon1066

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I found towards the end of the evening I was on for a good hour or so without a disconnect which was nice.

Mod ui is bizarre, and it seems that you just unlock mods and can use them on all your guns at once? Well, at least on all the guns of that type that they fit.

I am liking that option, I had so many goddamn mods sitting in my stash and backpack in the Division. I assume there will be higher tier mods but if they arent taking up an inventory slot then that makes me a happy camper.

Found 3 clothing items. A "white" tank top, a pair of white sports pants and a grey scarf. Not too bad.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    So for garbage survival, if you kill the hunter can you walk away from the landing point to the helicopter leaves so it spawns another one? I don't think I have the patience to wade through this horseshit any more.

Any hunter you kill at a landing zone is dead at that zone, but you can move on to another zone fire another flare and get another hunter. There are at least 3 landing zones I know of that are easy to get to in survival.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

I mean, it's still The Division

Pox Arcadia