As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cosplayers -- what do you want to know about photography?

iltailta Registered User regular
edited November 2018 in PAX East
As some forumers know, I'm a photographer, and I often do cosplay photos. I'm putting together a panel this year with photography tips, advice, and examples and will be bringing in a few other photographers and perhaps some cosplayers as well to talk shop about this side of the hobby.

As we plan this panel, I'd love to know what would be most helpful to YOU. What are the questions you always wanted to ask a photographer?

Also, if you're particularly opinionated and/or experienced on the topic of cosplay photography and want to participate as a member of this panel, please feel free to get in touch with me.

ETA: if the panel doesn't get approved (which I would find out in January-ish, if past experience is any guide) I will answer any questions here as best I can. :)

ilta on

• Options
    Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    I feel like this type of panel would go better as more of a general ' Cosplay Photography and You " type of Panel for both sides of this coin, the cosplayers and photographers.
    Just my $0.02

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I feel like this type of panel would go better as more of a general ' Cosplay Photography and You " type of Panel for both sides of this coin, the cosplayers and photographers.
    Just my $0.02

That's the plan! The panel has been accepted -- Saturday at 5:30 in Cuttlefish -- and will have photographers, cosplayers, and a legal expert. Here's the description:

Cosplay Photography 101: The Stuff You Need to Know
    You've spent hundreds of hours and even more of your hard-earned money creating your cosplay outfit, and at last, you're ready to share it with the world. It's time for your first photoshoot! What do you need to know? Join a panel of professional photographers, cosplayers, and legal experts to talk everything from poses to lighting to editing to intellectual property. Learn how to hire the right photographer, and how to help them help you get that perfect shot.

Still open to taking suggestions for questions you'd like to see the group tackle!

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Awesome! I taught a similar panel at MAGfest in January- might pop by to see how you guys are handling it. I’m an overweight and legally blind cosplayer myself, so I made sure to discuss the cosplay is for everyone, and some tricks on working with larger and/or disabled cosplayers. After all, we all want good shots of our work!