As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    So, I haven't pulled on the Star Ocean banner this time around, beyond one of two tickets that is. Would it be worth it to throw a few tickets for more units to throw into the mixer? I haven't raid pulled yet, but I assume I'm going to get a bunch of 100% moogles.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. There will be other raids in the future that you might care more about pulling on that'll give you the same thing.
    And there's really nothing in the Trust Coin shop worth buying at the moment. Just saving coins until we see what kind of prism shenanigans Gumi ends up eventually bestowing on us.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Man the Arena has been really weird this week. Started off slow, I got down to the 200's early then by monday it seemed folks kicked into high gear and I was falling fast. Now I'm struggling to stay under 3K.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Man the Arena has been really weird this week. Started off slow, I got down to the 200's early then by monday it seemed folks kicked into high gear and I was falling fast. Now I'm struggling to stay under 3K.
    A lot of people pulled on this banner and probably have 100% bonus units. I started out with a 75% bonus unit and then pulled an Auron for 100% a couple of days later. I have been staying around 1k, but I have only missed 1 or 2 orbs I think.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I've never ended below 25,000. Under 3,000 is a pipe dream.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    A lot of people pulled on this banner and probably have 100% bonus units. I started out with a 75% bonus unit and then pulled an Auron for 100% a couple of days later. I have been staying around 1k, but I have only missed 1 or 2 orbs I think.

The reward is hp pots too. Always need more of those.

This week has definitely been competitive.

• AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Can I do better than 3,000 rank in the arena with my 7* Auron and 7* Jecht? Maybe...

Am I too lazy to change the load-out for my arena team? Absolutely!

Most weeks it's not worth it. Honistly the only one I care about is LB pots as it takes a metric F' ton of them to level a 7* LB and the new CG characters have 10 more LB levels.

However with the slow start, I ended up under 3K just by doing it, so I figured I'd shoot to stay there.

Just got next weeks arena announcement, no yun or ang which seems weird.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Maybe saving for the next week.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maybe.

Ang would be a weird choice for arena anyway, and that's coming from someone who used to run him in arena all the time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Yun got both AT and OS frames. Crazy bastards did it!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Data mine shows that Qin, the new Bard, is super complicated and none of his performances do all of the things you'd want them to do and they all ramp up over time and have lingering effects. He can grant chaining abilities to your whole party though (all 5x magic damage with Chaos Flare, DR, AT, or AR frames) which could be silly on mage teams. Maybe there's something I'm not getting (or the data mine isn't complete) but he seems like a headache to use properly, even if his buffs are numerically impressive.

BaiZhu looks really cool. More straight forward, can be built as either TDH or TDW, and has elemental imbues. Can unlock a Q-Ability to mix and match their different abilities and have access to finishers that likely cap their own chains.

Yun gets some nice boosts, gets Octaslash and AT frame attacks added, both with nice modifiers. Also an AoE 100% fire Imperil, self +200% ATK cooldown and another cooldown with +200% ATK, +100% Plant/Beast killer. He looks fun.

Chow gets dual white magic, Dispelga, Curaja, and a stronger magic cover cooldown that gives AoE HP barrier and lets him dualcast some of his abilities. Neat.

Ang gets lots of goodies. W-Ability, wind imbue/imperil, more TDH, modifier boosts to his stuff. His cooldown gives him +200% ATK and fills his LB guage completely. His LB is an 18.8x modifier now, and his Trust Ability ups it's damage by 30%.

Wasn't Chow supposed to get some kind of reraise aside from his self imbue? Or did I hear that wrong in the video?

They "misspeak" so often in the videos you might as well not even listen to them. Until the datamine, nothing is set in stone.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Weird time for maintenance, innit?

Steam ID: Right here.
    They had a day off for the CNY, is what most people think pushed Maintenance by a day. Same thing happened last year.

Think this is another skip for me. Chow looks great but missing re-raise kind of sucks. Plus Christmas already took everything out of me with a triple banner. Really sucks they couldn’t fit a heaven shift move on the monks to pair with Lila.

A lot of trials in JP have been using double healer strata lately. Chow will be amazing for those due to his slot efficiency. I don't see how lack of Re-raise hurts him, honestly, unless you were hoping to 100% replace a healer with him.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    So I never unlinked my account from Facebook. Went to login and maintenance must have kicked me out of my account? Asks me to choose an account to login with, but Facebook is greyed out. Anyone have any clue what happened?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I hate that Cupid Artemios isn't a bonus unit and that there are no 3* bonus units. That means pulling for bonus units is a pain in the ass. I'm going to wait to see whether the items are worth crafting before I commit to the wave battles.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Wow fuck this Dome exploration shit.

I know. This puzzle makes no fucking sense.

No seriously fuck this fucking event. I'm sure there are the solutions on reddit. Look it up it's fucking stupid and a waste of time. I'm not sure if I even want to waste my time doing the hard version if it's just this bullshit.

Oh good you have to do it 6 other times!

This was the worst fucking part of FFX. I can't believe they put it in this game.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Did two steps of the new CNY.

Got the twin unit which.. eh? TMR seems meh and I'm not going to pull for a second so..

Some tickets on the banner also gave me a rainbow! .. Folka #5.

I wonder how far apart Akstar and Yuraisha are. They are the next two units on my must have list.

Qin's TMR would look mighty fine on my Fryevia or Kurasame, but I'm not sure if I am willing to go for it or not.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think the puzzles reset on the hard stage. They didn't in previous explorations.

Just a heads up: if you do the puzzle on easy, you don't have to do it on hard.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I never unlinked my account from Facebook. Went to login and maintenance must have kicked me out of my account? Asks me to choose an account to login with, but Facebook is greyed out. Anyone have any clue what happened?

I had that issue last week. Not sure if there's another fix, but I had to reinstall FFBE to get it to let me login. And I had to do it on Nox, too.

Welp, I threw the 5+1, and got Ang #1!

So I threw some 50 tickets into the old banner to see if I could get either a second Ang, some Chows, or at least some Yans to get her TMR for free. Got none of those. Just a bunch of Lings.

I could run the step up once, I have 28K lapis, but 25K lapis are fucking useless in my experience. I have gotten mixed-to-good results from 11K step ups, but I have never, ever gotten a non-guaranteed rainbow in any step of a 25K step-up.

That Ang is on a triple rainbow banner. You might get lucky, but you probably won't. The game gave you Ang #1 as a trap and you walked right into it.

I mean, the one I actually want is Chow. 7* Ang would just be an acceptable consolation prize.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Doing a lap on the old banner

Oh hey a Ling. and an Ang, but that's it. No rainbows beyond the guaranteed.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I'm considering a lap on the old banner, but I'm gonna wait and see what next week's event is first. It has a UoC to get, so it's probably a raid? And maybe it's finally SoM? Who knows!

It'll probably be Katy Perry pt2.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's a pretty crappy step up, but I put myself in this position by GL UoCing Chow instead of Ang.

Did one run of the stepup, only got the guaranteed 5* at the end, Chow #2. Threw a handful of tickets (don't want to cut into my reserves too much), and got Chow #3. Crap. Okay, I'll start the step up again and see what happens. Step 3 gives me Ang #2. So now I have to decide to finish the step up or abandon Yun.

I like Yun, but it's unlikely I'm going to us him. Unfortunately, he'll be outclassed quickly if he's not already. And I did pull a random Fayt #2 yesterday, so I have another AMoT chainer on the bench, one who hasn't had enhancements yet (so has a little future proofing). What kind of sucks is having the three Chows, one more I could get his STMR.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    For the FFX exploration puzzle, if you walk up to the wall with the tetris pieces on it and activate it, it'll show you which things to step on. Which is a different kind of stupid. Here's an irritating puzzle, but here's the answer anyway, just jump through the hoop for me.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    OK so I burned a bunch of tickets and did a 2nd lap.

Now I have 3 Yuns, and got a 2nd Ang and 2nd Chow. And my unit inventory is a nightmare.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I did two laps. Got 1 Ang and 1 Yun to go with my 1 Chow...

This puzzle can die in a fire. It's annoying but the text being so slow makes it worse...

Also not really happy with GUMI's planning here. They had a dead week early in January, so then they hit us with a MK event, a re-run MK event, then a wave battle event that is basically an MK/Raid event. So we have 3 MK events going right now.

I'm glad I was able to get everything I wanted from the FFX MK event before today, so I can spend more time on the CNY event. I mean...there's not a ton to get from the CNY event, but the Gacha for it being essentially a raid Gacha will have me running it for some time.

This discussion has been closed.