As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I really, really wish we had the option on PS4 of being able to choose between injection patch or full download. I have a gigabit connection. It took me less than ten minutes to download the beta.

But for the recent patch? I had to delete 17 gigs of data in order to download a less than 200 meg file. On top of that, it’s been 12 minutes since it finished downloading, and I’m at 42% copied.

Shit is absurd.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    It just finished. Wow.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Is there a command to get the armor healing drone to return? I can send it to cover an ally but holding the bumper down only causes it to self-destruct.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    As someone who very recently bought the first Division, the UI change is ridiculously terrible (also: why Tab to dismantle? That makes no sense).

I also got disconnected every 10 minutes or so.

So hopefully both of those things are improved.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So putting any scope on a gun means when you lds its down the scope no question asked. Hope that got changed between beta and release.

Played this morning didn't get disconnected.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    One thing that is carried over in the ui is that you can directly click any of the hold X or TAB etc and it counts as a hold, so it's not quite as terrible as it could be.
    Preacher wrote: »
    So putting any scope on a gun means when you lds its down the scope no question asked. Hope that got changed between beta and release.

Is that ACOGs and all, I can understand it for the 12x ones because smacking the meta of putting one on a submachinegun just for the headshot damage makes sense, but the medium ones should be a toggle really.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    One thing that is carried over in the ui is that you can directly click any of the hold X or TAB etc and it counts as a hold, so it's not quite as terrible as it could be.

Is that ACOGs and all, I can understand it for the 12x ones because smacking the meta of putting one on a submachinegun just for the headshot damage makes sense, but the medium ones should be a toggle really.

I unlocked a red dot or holosight or something similar last night, and it allowed a very minor zoom when tapping Tab while ADS. I really like the new mod system, first because I don't have to grind crafts or wait for good drops and second, because each mod has a postive and negative trait which allows you to tailor your gunplay into some niche that you can excel at and not just be general weapon buffs across the board.

• Options

Anything with a scope. Like I had a 1.2X and put it on a light machine gun and every time I LDS it went scope.

Also annoying the only way to change what mod is on a particular skill is to unequip it and requip it. And man the assault turret blows the sniper turret away like being able to suppress targets alone, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the turret now targets enemy skills! Like there was a mission with two rc bomb driving jerks and my turret blew their shit up by itself.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I miss being able to chuck the seeker and have it do its own thing.

edit: have you guys checked the config options, click to scope may be buried in there. I was sliding all around cover until I found where you can go back to push to cover.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Anything with a scope. Like I had a 1.2X and put it on a light machine gun and every time I LDS it went scope.

Also annoying the only way to change what mod is on a particular skill is to unequip it and requip it. And man the assault turret blows the sniper turret away like being able to suppress targets alone, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the turret now targets enemy skills! Like there was a mission with two rc bomb driving jerks and my turret blew their shit up by itself.

I saw that in one of the earlier videos that mentioned that with scopes and snipers it appeared that there was no longer the ADS but not scoped in option. That is awful beyond compare on consoles. The design of the scopes on consoles as well as their magnification and general fidgety-ness made them basically completely unusable scoped in on console. You had to just use normal ADS and wait for the bloom to zero back in between shots.

Watched some guides on Resistance one time on a guy soloing super efficiently to grind loot. He was scoped in and just whipping around doing headshots like nobodies business - impossible on consoles with the weird sensitivity the scopes had.

Edit- It's also why I plan on avoiding the sniper specialization like the plague unless they do something amazing to it.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I seriously hope they have someway to disable notification of agents in trouble in release because good lord constantly having that thing ping off in the beta is annoying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I seriously hope they have someway to disable notification of agents in trouble in release because good lord constantly having that thing ping off in the beta is annoying.

I was told twice in chat on XBone to "Get gud!" whilst getting gangbanged by 4 purples while the assholes trolling me stood just out of aggro range of the mobs attacking me.

I haven't felt like hating anyone to death online in quite awhile, but I came close last night.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

When you get a ping, hold M, it will put you in the map to see who is calling you, in the bottom left there's a notification to disable the "On-call" system, which I believe is "F".

Also apparently you send these pings yourself, because I decided to join a guy and he was all "What? I don't want to group up, get out of here"

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    I'm on xbox, I'll have to see what the commands are there. But its one more thing this beta kind of hides.

I'm also still having sound issues, like a delay on sounds starting, and also when I'm trying to mod guns its like madness in trying to actually get the mod areas to select. Like I have to go down and then up and then down to go down once.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    For people on PC, who sent out or received an invite from a friend, how did you get the invite? Was it an email? Or does the game just show up on Uplay? I sent out my invites but none of my friends seem to have gotten it.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    For whatever reason my friend invites haven't been made available yet, they said if it was a digital order it could take up to 24 hours after first logging into the game. I did read on their page while trying to figure this out how to accept a friend invite though

(from the Division website)
    There is however a way for you to accept your invitation!

Go to http://thedivisiongame.com/beta

EDIT: my beta key invite is finally working

m!ttens on
  • Options
    is there a flash light command? in some dark corners of the map I literally can't see things.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wow the .50 cal just deletes yellow bars at max level. Either wiping out their health or armor in one bullet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    So far this is exactly what I wanted? I liked division 1 but had modest expectations going in.

Bad guys die faster, there’s more concrete stuff about helping civilians. I am much more pumped about my preorder now, dang.

Zero disconnects all morning on xbone so far.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Seeing groups of allies out doing stuff like 'searching for food' is great.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Me and my friends are having an issue.
    1. Friend "Horse" got a beta key for PC and says he can invite me and friend "Penguin".
    2. Horse invites me and Penguin to beta, he says that the invite is for his platform (PC).
    3. Me and Penguin independently don't get an email from Ubisoft for like 5 minutes and lose patience.
    4. Me and Penguin both independently go to the beta website and click some orange login button in the middle there.
    5. Me and Penguin both notice after a while we have gotten codes in the email but they are for PS4, but we want for PC where Horse is grazing already.

I'm inclined to think that the codes we got were from clicking the button on the website, and that Horse's invitation codes didn't get sent to us. Did anyone else have trouble inviting friends to the beta? I kind of think Horse is doing something wrong.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Seeing groups of allies out doing stuff like 'searching for food' is great.

I do like how you can see friendly and enemy intent. And friendlies engage with enemies all the time which is a welcome change.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Anyone planning to play this afternoon (EST) on PC and want to group up? I've soloed up through about lv 5 last night and mostly just have some side missions, SHD caches and the DZ left (and the level cap mission), though I'm curious to see how well the level normalization works if you're just starting out.

Uplay is DrEwPhD

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I miss being able to chuck the seeker and have it do its own thing.

edit: have you guys checked the config options, click to scope may be buried in there. I was sliding all around cover until I found where you can go back to push to cover.

The seeker mines still work like that, you just have to make sure you take the basic version and not the airburst. It can be directed much like the turret but if you just chuck it then it will do it's own thing.

• Options
    It turns out that the invite function was bugged and codes went to the wrong platforms. Then the invite function was down, and thirdly if you've opted out of newsletters you wouldn't receive an email with the code.

I see!

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    1. Friend "Horse" got a beta key for PC and says he can invite me and friend "Penguin".
    2. Horse invites me and Penguin to beta, he says that the invite is for his platform (PC).
    3. Me and Penguin independently don't get an email from Ubisoft for like 5 minutes and lose patience.
    4. Me and Penguin both independently go to the beta website and click some orange login button in the middle there.
    5. Me and Penguin both notice after a while we have gotten codes in the email but they are for PS4, but we want for PC where Horse is grazing already.

I'm inclined to think that the codes we got were from clicking the button on the website, and that Horse's invitation codes didn't get sent to us. Did anyone else have trouble inviting friends to the beta? I kind of think Horse is doing something wrong.

If you go into your Uplay account and into your beta access settings or something of the sort, there is an option to "Change platform" but I cannot say if it works well.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I don't know what you're talking about an agent in your area is in trouble and requires assistance.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

If you go into your Uplay account and into your beta access settings or something of the sort, there is an option to "Change platform" but I cannot say if it works well.

Seems like it doesn't for this, I can't find the option to start with but I feel like the people in the beta forum thread I found would have called it out if it worked. I think I'll probably try PS4 instead, the Ubi dude in the thread didn't seem optimistic they'd have time to fix this particular issue. And tbf I didn't pay anything and they probably have a lot of stuff to do.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I'm not sold on the summer setting with one exception, the really dark nighttime stuff is great but that is in part because it doesn't have the washed out quality of the daytime.

• Options
    Though I did find an extremely passive aggressive thread on their forum that I'll keep open in a tab to see if something happens.

• Options
    This whole invite system is dumb and contrived, why can't they just give us 3 damn keys.

• Options
    Or just open up the demo to everyone. Like really test some shit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Division are top tier agents, if I can't make a ps4 code work on pc I deserve to be kicked out.

• Options
    Or just open up the demo to everyone. Like really test some shit.

Because then they don't sell as many preorders at MSRP

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I still have one invite to give out so message me if needed.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Is there a command to get the armor healing drone to return? I can send it to cover an ally but holding the bumper down only causes it to self-destruct.

double-tap the button

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Do we know what the subspecs are for the Shield? I heard it mentioned that some streamer dude was playing an early build and was using a spec called Assault which was Shield with sidearm usage, he was also using another Shield spec that was paired with a primary weapon, I havent been able to find this though.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Do we know what the subspecs are for the Shield? I heard it mentioned that some streamer dude was playing an early build and was using a spec called Assault which was Shield with sidearm usage, he was also using another Shield spec that was paired with a primary weapon, I havent been able to find this though.

Marco goes over them in one of his skills video I think there was one spec he didn't know, but there was a full shield with a pistol, and a partial shield with your primary weapon out.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    D3-FNC better be back.

I cant really go back to that flimsy pistol and not sure if primary gun + smaller shield sounds great either.

If only they’d let me try any of the shield specs in the Beta.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    The endgame content is up for testing now. I ran one as the survivalist and wasn't in love with the crossbow. The aiming was very wonky and it didn't seem to do much damage.

I know that even though we were given endgame gear that nothing was super optimized, but I'm not into just how many shots it took those Black Tusk nerds to go down. Three bolt action sniper shots to the head for a drugged-up red bar? Oooooof.