As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dinos and Druids, A Tasty Romp through Table Top Games

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Speaking of one shots. I am going to DM a short adventure as a break from multi session missions they've dealt with recently. They are going to be asked to investigate the long-abandoned basement of a magic University library. I know at the end they will confront a nothic that had been hypnotizing students. What other kinds of encounters do you all think they should run into. Combat and non-combat suggestions welcome

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The rules as written would allow an Ananasi to turn into a horde of spiders, crawl up to someone and then have some of those spiders turn into a penis that is being carried aloft by the other spiders.

I am so, so mad that I don't play in an Ananasi game.

When I was still new in the World of Darkness, I was party to a couple of folks discussing what an Ananasi abomination would look like.

They figured it'd probably be a Tzimisce that would do it, and speculated how the various war forms would/could interact and/or combine.

What I'm saying there's your plot hook for an Ananasi game. A cabal formed to investigate a rumored abominable spider...thing.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tox wrote: »
    The rules as written would allow an Ananasi to turn into a horde of spiders, crawl up to someone and then have some of those spiders turn into a penis that is being carried aloft by the other spiders.

I am so, so mad that I don't play in an Ananasi game.

When I was still new in the World of Darkness, I was party to a couple of folks discussing what an Ananasi abomination would look like.

They figured it'd probably be a Tzimisce that would do it, and speculated how the various war forms would/could interact and/or combine.

What I'm saying there's your plot hook for an Ananasi game. A cabal formed to investigate a rumored abominable spider...thing.

This is in the Ananasi errata!

They also had this weird mystery about where the offspring from Ananasi on Ananasi couplings go, because the Ananasi wouldn't talk about it. It turns out they become thirty foot high spiders in the Umbra that all showed up at the Apocalypse.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Speaking of one shots. I am going to DM a short adventure as a break from multi session missions they've dealt with recently. They are going to be asked to investigate the long-abandoned basement of a magic University library. I know at the end they will confront a nothic that had been hypnotizing students. What other kinds of encounters do you all think they should run into. Combat and non-combat suggestions welcome

Give them a Lost Woods-style maze among the shelves. The solution is not a specific set of directions, but rather a method of proceeding.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Last week during our D&D 5E run-through of The Sunless Citadel, I introduced the party to Meepo, the cowardly & disheveled kobold.

His entire voice and all his mannerisms are just skekSil/The Chamberlain from The Dark Crystal.

WO2PwJe.jpg

The party had to stop their Dwarven Fighter, Tyberius Brickfist, from murdering him.

He wanted to murder him so badly and it was a good thing that the Paladin stopped that because the adventure goes from challenging to nigh impossible if they start off on a bad foot with the kobolds.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am running a heavily modded Waterdeep Dragon Heist campaign and we had a session zero a couple fridays ago and I am so fucking excited to get this motherfucker rolling

8406wWN.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I am running a heavily modded Waterdeep Dragon Heist campaign and we had a session zero a couple fridays ago and I am so fucking excited to get this motherfucker rolling

I figure that my GM is modifying some of the stuff in the module but so much of it smacks of exactly the kind of stuff he would run anyway that I can't tell what's straight out of the book, what's got the numbers filed off, and what he's adding in wholesale.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

Give them a Lost Woods-style maze among the shelves. The solution is not a specific set of directions, but rather a method of proceeding.

This is a dope puzzle by the by.

As for combat, i'm a fan of animated books

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I figure that my GM is modifying some of the stuff in the module but so much of it smacks of exactly the kind of stuff he would run anyway that I can't tell what's straight out of the book, what's got the numbers filed off, and what he's adding in wholesale.

I’m doing a combo of straight out of the book, the Alexandrian remix, some home brew stuff and a few bits I found on DMs Guild.

It’s gunna be a fuckin hoot and a half

8406wWN.png

I’m doing a combo of straight out of the book, the Alexandrian remix, some home brew stuff and a few bits I found on DMs Guild.

It’s gunna be a fuckin hoot and a half

I have no idea what that means and since we aren't done with the module yet, I don't want to know just yet.

I feel like we're pretty close to the end, but who fuckin' knows.

We'd be a lot closer to the end if our targets didn't keep fucking escaping at the last possible second. It's not GM fiat either, the dice just keep failing us. (Although to be fair, our dice rolls also kick ass a lot of the time.)

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    Should male Ananasi manifest a dong as part of his man-spider form y/n

Does the anadongsi have fangs and/or spinnerets, this is important

Something something slinging rope

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Grog wrote: »
    Denada wrote: »
    Should male Ananasi manifest a dong as part of his man-spider form y/n

Does the anadongsi have fangs and/or spinnerets, this is important

Something something slinging rope

Laying cable?

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm rolling a necromancer for the next 5e campaign of the West Australian Murder Hobos. I wrote a little flavour thing to give myself a handle on his character.
    Though the tavern buzzed with more noise and simmering aggression than a shaken beehive, the grey-clad wizard still managed to carry two brimming mugs of beer all the way from the bar to the furthest corner table without spilling a single drop. Zemog, it seemed, was the kind of man people didn’t like to jostle.

“Ales!” He announced triumphantly as he placed the drinks down, one on each side. “I hope you like ale,” he went on as he seated himself. “I had to take an educated guess at your preferences, since you haven’t spoken a word to me in…” The wizard paused, estimating the elapsed time in his head. “Four and a half hours.”

Smyrna the half-orc met the wizard’s smile with a glare as grim and stony as the steppes of her homeland. Without breaking eye contact, she picked up her ale-mug, drained it, and slammed it back down on the table with a splash of froth.

Smyrna leaned forward as Zemog took a measured sip from his own beer. “I would have words with you,” she said levelly, “about what happened tonight.”

Zemog nodded. “Of course. It has been an eventful evening, though. Is there anything in particular you would like to…”

“You attacked me, you fucking nightcrawler!” Smyrna roared. The rest of the tavern fell silent at the outburst, but only briefly. In this part of Waterdeep, nothing less than an outright brawl warranted more than a passing glance.

Zemog smoothed down his jet-black moustache with a fingertip as he considered his response. “Technically,” he conceded.

Smyrna’s hands clenched into pale green fists, each the size of a gnome’s head. “Technically? We were half a mile underground, knee-deep in zombies, fighting for our lives - for each other’s lives, so I thought - and you “technically” decided to start draining my fucking life force!”

Zemog threw up his hands. “I needed it! I was getting stabbed!”

“So was I!”

“Yes, but you’re better at it!”

Smyrna scowled. Was that a compliment or an insult? Before she could make up her mind, Zemog took another draught of ale and continued.

“Look, we agreed to team up on that catacombs job because we each bring different strengths to the table, right? You’re good at all that up-close-and-murderous stuff, while I do my best work at a distance.”

“Aye, that’s the way of you wizards, isn't it?” Smyrna growled, baring her fangs. “Throwing spells from some damp shadow like a… like a… like a magical cringing grub!”

Zemog shrugged. “If you like. Anyway, it was far too cramped in that antechamber for me to work effectively, and those skeletons were skewering me like a… like a… wow, this ale is strong, isn’t it? Like a row of alternating meat and vegetable chunks, I suppose. I had to heal myself with something - and as it happened, you were the only other being in the room with a positive life force.”

Smyrna was unconvinced. “Pah! The weasel words of a traitor! You sought to kill me and claim the entire bounty for yourself!”

“Kill you?” Zemog rolled his eyes. “And then, what? Singlehandedly fight my way back to the surface through the undead hordes of Lord rots-his-face? I wouldn’t have made it ten feet without you - and vice, dare I say, versa.” He took another swig of beer. “What I did preserved both of us long enough for me to cast a proper healing spell. And now… here we are, back among the living, alive and well!” Zemog grinned and let out a belch. “Forthcoming hangovers notwithstanding, of course.”

Smyrna hissed, her claws scratching deep grooves into the surface of the table. “If I were as lacking in honour as you are, wizard, I would already have snapped your neck like dry kindling! Have you nothing more to say to me?”

Zemog finished his beer and gestured with the empty mug. “Your round?”

Minutes ticked by as Zemog waited for Smyrna to return with the drinks. To pass the time, the wizard tipped a pouch of human finger-bones out onto the table and arranged them in order of size, then colour, then odour.

Still there was no sign of the half-orc’s return.

Zemog sighed. For someone with such a loud voice, Smyrna was taking an awfully long time to get served at the bar. Resting his chin on one hand, Zemog waved the other over the bones, watching with the barest of interest as they clattered together into a line and, wormlike, inched their way around the edge of the hole the half-orc's fist had punched through the table.

Butler on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We're running curse of Strahd!

I'm going to DM!

I'm retooling a lot and the characters are going to cry!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jokes on you! My character's sad backstory is that they were grown in a laboratory for spare parts for other wealthier half-elves, and they only managed to escape AFTER their tear ducts had already been harvested!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It's not really Curse of Strahd unless you're making the players fucking suffer

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    hey y'all what are some fun flavorful mission ideas for low level adventuring guild members in eberron

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Butler and I decided this week our characters for Curse of Strahd are gonna be married

because if there's one thing I like doing in D&D it's giving the GM additional tools to fuck with me

One character I would really like to play is a "Good" Necromancer.
    Lady: "Please help, goblins have killed my husband!"
    Me: "No worries, i'll have him up and running in a jiffy"
    Man: "Braiiiiiinsssss"
    Lady: *endless screaming*
    Me: "You all have a good day now! Glad to be of service!"

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Butler and I decided this week our characters for Curse of Strahd are gonna be married

because if there's one thing I like doing in D&D it's giving the GM additional tools to fuck with me

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, it's just a matter of finding the right person for it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Doobh wrote: »

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, it's just a matter of finding the right person for it

I've had a few RPG groups with married characters before. Two of the PCs in the Ryuutama campaign I'm in atm are married (although one of those players in now GMing so I guess not anymore!).

One such game the married couple characters became extremely problematic because the players were... married... and having trouble. In some way it was good for their relationship as it keyed them into their marital issues and went to couple's counselling and sorted all this shit out. Was hecka awkward for a few sessions though.

What I've actually seen very little of is romance blossoming between two player characters during the course of a campaign. It's always 'already in a relationship' or 'NO ROMANCE AT ALL COSTS'

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Update on my wife doing DMing for the first time

She and I are going to run though a little one on one thing tonight, just to get a feel for it, and she just sent me a text that reads:

"My dude I just wrote a poem riddle"

I think she's going to be juuuuust fine

Update to this update!

It went really well! She's definitely a natural for this sort of thing!

By the time she was done she'd done 3 different poem riddles, and she's already leaving weird clues and hints for an overarching thing!

And then once we were done she spent the rest of the night going "Wait, I need to write something down, I just thought of something great!"

I think she's got the right stuff

In other D&D news I ended my spree of GMing at least one campaign at all times for over a decade this week. With the end of Storm King's Thunder I have officially hung up my GM hat for all of my RPG groups.

I feel... Free?

So to 'celebrate' I spent a couple hours today drawing up a rough plan for the mega-camapgin I am working on next. It's like 15 chapters that takes a party from level 1 to level 26, has numerous chapters that can be tackled in any order, and will also finally have a goddamn purpose for all the gold that parties in D&D 5e seem to collect and never be able to use.

What are your ideas for using gold?
    I set up property ownership and enchantment services for PCs before as gold sinks

8EVmPzM.jpg
    edited February 2019
    What are your ideas for using gold?
    I set up property ownership and enchantment services for PCs before as gold sinks

So the ultimate goal of the campaign is to rebuild an ancient elven city, and that comes with several major requirements.

You gotta get funds to pay for getting it rebuilt, you gotta get funds to help equip enough elves to make the journey back to their ancient homeland, and you're gonna have to pay a bunch of people to do some services you'll require. The campaign is also about making lots of expeditions into very dangerous and very isolated locations, so I'm making some robust rules about provisioning and paying for all the stuff the party will need for those expeditions.

But also part of rebuilding the city is casting a Raise Mythal spell, and that requires not only a shitload of raw gold to cast but also a big quantity of magic items and even artifacts to be consumed during the spell's casting. So the party needs to gather enough gold for that, too.

I'm also making some custom magic item crafting or enchantment rules for the campaign, and the gold investment there will be fairly hefty.

Anzekay on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    My tip for a one shot would be to play a different game. Play a Fiasco or something.

A one-shot is a great opportunity to do something different for a change and maybe have an experience that's memorable instead of perfunctory.

Off the top of my head, along with Fiasco, you could also try

Paranoia
    One Last Job
    Lasers and Feelings
    Dread
    Cartoon Action Hour

I appreciate this and will file these names away in the back of my head, but I think the group is young enough to not be interested in branching out quite yet.

Thank you for the advice, everyone!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

I've had a few RPG groups with married characters before. Two of the PCs in the Ryuutama campaign I'm in atm are married (although one of those players in now GMing so I guess not anymore!).

One such game the married couple characters became extremely problematic because the players were... married... and having trouble. In some way it was good for their relationship as it keyed them into their marital issues and went to couple's counselling and sorted all this shit out. Was hecka awkward for a few sessions though.

What I've actually seen very little of is romance blossoming between two player characters during the course of a campaign. It's always 'already in a relationship' or 'NO ROMANCE AT ALL COSTS'

@Stilts and I have successfully pulled off "weird romantic tension" a couple times, now

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)

@Stilts and I have successfully pulled off "weird romantic tension" a couple times, now

I actually really want to play Monsterhearts just so I can do some weird TTRPG romance for once

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

d9s5xk0slybc.jpg

Also this was basically kinda my necromancer for 13th Age. Elven cleric/necromancer. He was a death priest, and a perfectly decent fellow. Just...a little weird.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's essentially just Herbert West there

A doctor so obsessed with curing death that he begins murdering people in order to continue his efforts

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

I actually really want to play Monsterhearts just so I can do some weird TTRPG romance for once

I’d quite like to run Monsterhearts here in a few weeks (I’m running a game over in Critical Failures and I don’t want to stretch too far) as neither of my real groups can at the minute, one bunch because they’re in a long campaign and the other group are kids.

I’ll keep you posted if you like, I was thinking less Twilight and more Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, Stranger Things in tone. Not suburbia and pretty vampires, but throwing rocks at abandoned malls and eldritch horrors.

Endless_Serpents on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Still need to find a game for my Dwarf necromancer. He's not a bad guy, just a forward thinker who figured that skeletons don't need to eat, or take breaks when you have them mining, and don't particularly mind the occasional pocket of toxic gas.
    That gets him on the bad side of the Canary Guild (who saw their lucrative business at risk of collapsing like a poorly supported mine shaft after a few centuries) and whipped up enough community outrage at this "desecration of the ancestors graves" to have my boy disowned by his family, cast out of the kingdom and renamed Phoulstones so any Dwarf he met would know of his disgrace.
    But, he's still big into necromancy, visits a lot of hospitals and sick rooms with well written contracts and fair payouts to people who want to get into adventuring, but are quite past their prime (or maybe just people looking for enough coin to avoid a pauper's grave (he doesn't mention that as a recently risen dead in his employ, they won't actually need a grave)). He even offers to send a share to the pre-decedent's next of kin instead of paying the full up front payment.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I love the idea of the Canary Guild

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]

Sounds a bit cuckoo to me.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Sounds a bit cuckoo to me.

It's a real tweet deal if you can get in on the ground floor and work your way down.

see317 on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I will soon be retiring my Forest Gnome 'Mastermind' Rogue as I want him to go train with some Elvish Wu Jens before hitting 6th-level.

But I'm having some turbulence over my options for Wizard subclass.

My goal is for him to only specialize in elemental spells but I also don't want him to be strictly combat-focused with his spell selection.

My projected spell-list to be prepared might look something like:
    Expected Spell-Prepared Rollout
    - Cantrips: Control Flames, Gust, Mold Earth, Prestidigitation, & Shape Water
    - 1st-level: Absorb Elements, & Detect Magic
    - 2nd-level: Dragon’s Breath & Gust of Wind
    - 3rd-level: Fireball & Protection from Energy
    - 4th-level: Control Water, Stone Shape, & Wall of Fire
    - 5th-level: Conjure Elementals, Control Winds, & Wall of Stone
    - 6th-level: Investiture of Flame, Investiture of Ice, Investiture of Stone, Investiture of Wind, & Move Earth
    - 7th-level: Whirlwind
    - 8th-level: Control Weather
    - 9th-level: Wish

With that said, the ideas I've had for sub-classes are:
    - The Artificer sub-class from Unearthed Arcana. The character is already a trained alchemist/brewer, so it would make sense with his background while also providing him some fun things to do with his spell-slots that aren't directly tied to spellcasting.
    - The Transmutation sub-class, which offers another approach to alchemy.
    - The Theurgy sub-class from Unearthed Arcana (using the Nature domain from Clerics). This, like the Artificer sub-class, gets me some more unique abilities tied into the elements.

Thoughts?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

d9s5xk0slybc.jpg

Also this was basically kinda my necromancer for 13th Age. Elven cleric/necromancer. He was a death priest, and a perfectly decent fellow. Just...a little weird.

the gospel of John was written quite a bit later than all the others and by that time the story about Jesus raising someone from the dead had mutated quite a bit. So instead of Jesus hearing someone was ill but arriving too late then raising him, the story is that Jesus hears someone is ill and deliberately waits for the guy to die so that he can then raise him from the dead and impress everyone.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ElddrikElddrik Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I will soon be retiring my Forest Gnome 'Mastermind' Rogue as I want him to go train with some Elvish Wu Jens before hitting 6th-level.

But I'm having some turbulence over my options for Wizard subclass.

My goal is for him to only specialize in elemental spells but I also don't want him to be strictly combat-focused with his spell selection.

My projected spell-list to be prepared might look something like:
    Expected Spell-Prepared Rollout
    - Cantrips: Control Flames, Gust, Mold Earth, Prestidigitation, & Shape Water
    - 1st-level: Absorb Elements, & Detect Magic
    - 2nd-level: Dragon’s Breath & Gust of Wind
    - 3rd-level: Fireball & Protection from Energy
    - 4th-level: Control Water, Stone Shape, & Wall of Fire
    - 5th-level: Conjure Elementals, Control Winds, & Wall of Stone
    - 6th-level: Investiture of Flame, Investiture of Ice, Investiture of Stone, Investiture of Wind, & Move Earth
    - 7th-level: Whirlwind
    - 8th-level: Control Weather
    - 9th-level: Wish

With that said, the ideas I've had for sub-classes are:
    - The Artificer sub-class from Unearthed Arcana. The character is already a trained alchemist/brewer, so it would make sense with his background while also providing him some fun things to do with his spell-slots that aren't directly tied to spellcasting.
    - The Transmutation sub-class, which offers another approach to alchemy.
    - The Theurgy sub-class from Unearthed Arcana (using the Nature domain from Clerics). This, like the Artificer sub-class, gets me some more unique abilities tied into the elements.

Thoughts?

This makes me want to bring back the Schools of Effect from 2E; Elementalism, Dimensionalism, Force, Mentalism, and Shadow.

(Of course, just like 2E, Dimensionalism and Force would be basically unplayable without a ton of new spells, so Elementalism, Mentalism, and Shadow would be the easiest.)

An initial workup of what the School of Elementalism might look like:

School of Elementalism
    An elementalist focuses on casting spells that affect the elements. This subclass introduces the idea of Schools of Effect, a grouping of spells based on their theme or effects. Specifically, this subclass refers to elemental spells. Rather than rigorously define the requirements or list which spells qualify, this subclass relies on the DM's judgement as to what is an elemental spell. It should generally be pretty obvious whether a spell is elemental or not. The four elements which qualify are air, earth, fire, and water. Generally speaking, if a spell deals fire, cold, acid, or lightning damage, it is a fire, water, earth, or air spell respectively. If a spell deals directly with air, earth, fire, or water (such as Move Earth, Lower Water, or Gust of Wind) it is a spell of its respective element. Other spells should be left to intuitive judgement; Erupting Earth, though it deals bludgeoning damage, is clearly a spell of elemental earth.

Elemental Savant
    Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy an elemental spell into your spellbook is halved.

Elemental Power
    Whenever you cast an elemental spell of 1st level or higher, you may spend a bonus action to capture energy. If you do, you gain a benefit based on the spell's element.
    Air - You may fly up to 10 feet without provoking attacks of opportunity.
    Earth - You gain resistance to any nonmagical bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage dealt by the next attack made against you before the start of your next turn.
    Fire - Creatures you choose within 10 feet of you take fire damage equal to your Intelligence modifier. This damage is increased by 2 at 6th level, and by 2 more at 14th level.
    Water - Until the end of your turn, you may move through spaces as small as 1" wide without squeezing, including spaces occupied by other creatures.

Elemental Balance
    Beginning at 6th level, you may adjust your body's elemental balance. You gain resistance to your choice of acid, fire, cold, or lightning damage. Whenever you take a short or long rest, you may choose a different element to become resistant to. In addition, whenever you take elemental damage of a type that you are resistant to, after taking the damage, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Empowered Elements
    Beginning at 10th level, you may add your Intelligence modifier to the damage roll of any elemental spell you cast.

Elemental Ascension

Beginning at 14th level, you take elemental power into yourself. You gain a feature based on which element you have become resistant to through your Elemental Balance feature. If you change your elemental resistance through Elemental Balance, you change your ascension effect as well.

Lightning (Air) - You have a fly speed of 60 feet. At the end of your turn, if you are still flying, you fall; you must land between your turns.
    Acid (Earth) - You have an AC of 14 + your Dexterity modifier. When you are damaged by a weapon attack, as a reaction, you may expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher. If you do, reduce the triggering attack's damage by 1d8 + the level of the slot expended.
    Fire (Fire) - The first time on each of your turns that you roll damage for an elemental spell, you can roll twice and take the higher result.
    Cold (Water) - Your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks. Additionally, any critical hit on you is a normal hit instead.

Note: I made this up as I went along off the top of my head and it likely has many noticeable flaws.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i was just thinking as i was doing the dishes.

what if bright has been good? On its surface, i want to like bright. It is modern day but there is orcs and elves and shit, that is 1010% my shit.

but then it was really bad.

but what if it had been good. That would be cool, then i could try to recruit people for a modern fantasy game like bright. but instead it is "bright but if it was good"