As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

podcast thread

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey I don't either, fyi, before anyone tries to lend context to that post

cdci44qazyo3.gif

okay well now I have a conundrum

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    all you need to know is that the chairman of the national enquirer tried to blackmail the richest man in the world and thought it'd go well for him

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Especially when the only blackmail material they had is "Here are some selfies with your dick out, be a shame if the world saw them."

Like, not even any infidelity or committing a crime; just some racy photos.

all you need to know is that the chairman of the national enquirer tried to blackmail the richest man in the world and thought it'd go well for him

oh so one of those situations where a shitty dude tries to start shit with another shitty dude and we all just come away wishing we didn't have to know anything about any of the people involved because it's all just bad

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Additionally the blackmail wasnt for money, it was because Bezos' private investigation into the company's digging up private sexts he sent determined it was because of guidance from Saudi Arabia and the White House

Its

Well 2019 is already very tiring

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Bezos definitely has at least one commissioned painting of him flying free and flaccid hanging in one of his mansions.

Veldrin wrote: »
    Bezos definitely has at least one commissioned painting of him flying free and flaccid hanging in one of his mansions.

well yeah but I assume everyone who owns a mansion has one of those

cdci44qazyo3.gif

oh so one of those situations where a shitty dude tries to start shit with another shitty dude and we all just come away wishing we didn't have to know anything about any of the people involved because it's all just bad

Almost, with the exception that shitty dude A (the blackmailer)'s company had been given immunity in regards to investigation regarding campaign finance and Michael Cohen. This immunity, however, is dependant on A. Cooperation and B. Not committing any crimes, like blackmail.

So somebody is about to get fucked by the Southern District Court of New York.

no I think I got all the important details in my post

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i said "all you need to know is" and i meant it dammit

liEt3nH.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Holy shit I just realized what @Bucketman ‘s avatar is from

Horrary! Someone knows!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I’d be interested in whether it meets the legal criteria to be considered blackmail

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So what do we think Bezos calls his weiner

Lil’ B? Big Jeffrey?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Lil’ B? Big Jeffrey?

The Fulfillment Center

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Lil’ B? Big Jeffrey?

The Genie

Because it never has to spend time in a bottle due to a workplace structure that fails to provide (sufficient) bathroom breaks

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I guess my answer sort of fails because it focuses on the dick as an instrument of urination, rather than highlighting the sexual sense that the question was clearly asked in deference to

But honestly

I am very sure that Jeff Bezos believes that sex involves pissing into a woman

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Lil’ B? Big Jeffrey?

The Fulfillment Center

additional replies after this one are superfluous; the joke has been won

rRwz9.gif
    I'm gonna go throw up forever now thanks

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Lil’ B? Big Jeffrey?

beanstlk-800x400.jpg

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its gonna be tattoed like a rocketship like that dude I know

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Miel learning things about Griffin Newman is an endless source of delight

They have the same level of manic energy but are so completely different

It is wonderful

CYpGAPn.png
    Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer at 1.5x speed sounds like Robert Picardo.

I just thought everyone should know that.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Miel learning things about Griffin Newman is an endless source of delight

They have the same level of manic energy but are so completely different

It is wonderful

"excuse me, could you say my name again?" was so good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I’d be interested in whether it meets the legal criteria to be considered blackmail

Looks like it might be, yes

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    What kind of rube makes their crime that easy to prove

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    It's a shame they did a bad job

I definitely want to root for anyone who is looking to take some of Jeff Bezos' money

I’m reluctantly on Bezos side on this one. The National Enquirer is foul, and blackmailing people on the behalf of oppressive governments is about as low as it gets.

Bezos can still get in the sea.

Oh I didn't actually catch that that was them

...fine, fuck those guys

I definitely want to root for anyone who is looking to take some of Jeff Bezos' money

Normally, broadly speaking, I'd agree, but

A) and this is just a point of order, they weren't asking for money, they were asking him to declare, either personally or through the Post, that he didn't think they were politically motivated when they ran the piece about his divorce

Which leads me to

B) you'd be rooting for an entity with close ties to Trump and also, likely, to Saudi Arabia, that Trump has wielded in the past as a tool to squash and silence negative stories about himself and to harangue his enemies

It's Slime vs A Slightly Different Variety of Slime here and there's no scenario in which I could feel good about either side getting an edge

I see this was covered

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    *Ken Watanabe voice* "Let them fight"

X22wmuF.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Normally, broadly speaking, I'd agree, but

A) and this is just a point of order, they weren't asking for money, they were asking him to declare, either personally or through the Post, that he didn't think they were politically motivated when they ran the piece about his divorce

Which leads me to

B) you'd be rooting for an entity with close ties to Trump and also, likely, to Saudi Arabia, that Trump has wielded in the past as a tool to squash and silence negative stories about himself and to harangue his enemies

It's Slime vs A Slightly Different Variety of Slime here and there's no scenario in which I could feel good about either side getting an edge

Oh okay, so it turns out I actually know nothing about this, I just saw someone was black mailing Jeff Bezos and assumed it was the best version of that instead of the worst

https://youtu.be/FMNJuSl91qY

The nice thing about this scenario is we don't gotta root for anyone. Everyone involved sucks, the only good outcome would be for them to both lose, and, most critically, none of this impacts any of us in any way. The only reason it's even news is because our society is fuckin' obsessed with royalty

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    The nice thing about this scenario is we don't gotta root for anyone. Everyone involved sucks, the only good outcome would be for them to both lose, and, most critically, none of this impacts any of us in any way. The only reason it's even news is because our society is fuckin' obsessed with royalty

it is news that the White House is manipulating a press outlet to attack a powerful critic

Yeah this is a huge story, sorry

That's not news though this administration has been openly corrupt about 500 times since 2017 and fuckin' no one's done jack about it. If we actually jettison half of DC into the sun, sure, then maybe some of this will matter, but as it stands this is just the latest in an on-going grim spectacle, a theater of outrage.

Nothing is going to come of this that has a positive impact on my life. They'll settle out of court, some money will change hands among some of the million or so people who get to actually have money and that will be that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I think Bezos has the power, wealth and ego necessary to make this a much bigger deal than settling out of court. He could own that rag if he wanted to.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    AMI's immunity deal with the Mueller/SDNY investigation was also contingent on not committing any more crimes.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Man I am all in on Apex Legends. Shit rules.

This discussion has been closed.