As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Windwalker is not complicated at all. You just hit whatever ability does the most damage but is available. Eventually you get that order ingrained in your head and muscle memory.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Windwalker pops explosives rull good. I did 411k damage to orbs in that freehold.

• dainersdainers Registered User regular
    Good job on downing a couple more last night! Sorry to have not been able to make it, some last minute wife agro. Think we will be switching to just starting on Heroic on Tuesdays anytime soon?

- sav, saavy, dainers
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    To put things another way, I rolled up an Orc DK and at level 56 was like, "NOOOO TOO MANY BUTTONS TOO MANY RESOURCES NOOOOOO"

Like I was just instantly overwhelmed with the dearth of combat options and couldn't suss out what my rotation was supposed to be. It's the reason I've always rolled up DK's only to abandon them at level 58.

I don't know where Fire Mages are on the grand scale of complexity but that's what I'm comfortable with.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    dainers wrote: »
    Good job on downing a couple more last night! Sorry to have not been able to make it, some last minute wife agro. Think we will be switching to just starting on Heroic on Tuesdays anytime soon?

Likely next week will be Heroic first

mkc.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think a solid goal is every week on DPS I want to beat Mirren. Though maybe I'll gear up my shaman as elemental so I can maybe do DPS if I fail at Skragging, and healing if we ever need an extra.

Thawmus wrote: »
    To put things another way, I rolled up an Orc DK and at level 56 was like, "NOOOO TOO MANY BUTTONS TOO MANY RESOURCES NOOOOOO"

Like I was just instantly overwhelmed with the dearth of combat options and couldn't suss out what my rotation was supposed to be. It's the reason I've always rolled up DK's only to abandon them at level 58.

I don't know where Fire Mages are on the grand scale of complexity but that's what I'm comfortable with.

I feel like DK is a little rough because they just toss you in at a pretty high level and say "figure it out!".

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    havoc DH is fun and not that complicated if you don't take the talents based around getting a damage buff from your dash and disengage abilities IMO

also I think they do a better job easing you into the DH rotation in their intro quests and legion leveling than they do with DKs but it might just be a matter of spending some time with it to suss out how everything links together.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Bucketman wrote: »

I feel like DK is a little rough because they just toss you in at a pretty high level and say "figure it out!".

This is also why I have an unused 110 boost. I get through the Undercity siege and then I'm like, "Fuck, I'm way too stupid to figure this shit out this fast. Where are my buttons supposed to go, what am I supposed to be doing?" Like, I like that they teach you the basics, but the basics are frankly not good enough, they need to have an optional tutorial to the side to teach you eeeeeverything.

So, some things I'm thinking of doing:

Nightborne Warrior
    Nightborne Monk
    Nightborne Warlock

I started leveling a Nightborne Prot Warrior on my server and I've actually been enjoying it, just haven't played him much, so I could just delete him and start over on Cho'gall. Just don't know if that's actually a thing you guys need, so if not, why the fuck am I doing it?

I used to play Warlock way back in the day (WotLK) but I think the class has changed a lot since then.

Monk I haven't played yet. I should maybe give it a try.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    We don’t need anything so it’s really whatever you want that sounds fun. I guess something that can tank is probably a good idea since that seems to be what limits m+ groups sometimes?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Don't worry about what we "need" what we need are people who are compitent (1 of me is plenty), and who enjoy what they are playing enough to show up and do work every week and are fun to play with. Do what you like. Lord knows the rest of us do

edited February 2019
    Brewmaster monk is very simple to learn the basics, and then you can start exploring the different ways to use your (incredible) toolkit. Starting out, follow Rule 1: 100% uptime on ironskin brew. Refresh ISB when there's less than 13 seconds remaining on the buff (there are handy weakauras to track this that I can share if you go this route). Rule 2: Always Be Keg Smashing. There is no Rule 3.

Once you get the hang of that, then you can start abusing the hell out of Ring of Peace (Fleeing runner? Boop it back into range. Need to interrupt an uninterruptible cast? Knock the mob around. Taking heavy damage? Ward yourself off and prevent melee damage for five full seconds. Inconvenient caster? Pseudogrip! Reaping wave is shaped weirdly? Sculpt it into a nice pile. The list goes on. Ring of Peace is my favorite skill in the game.), weaving in your 3-second AOE stun, doing funky kiting with transcendence, nullifying high necrotic stacks with Zen Meditation, and so on.

Tynnan on
    I have read many interesting tales of how Brewmaster Monk can be very complicated and very rewarding, so while I should probably be running away from it I'm instead intrigued and interested.

I'll probably roll up a monk sometime this weekend and try it out.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Just keep in mind that for raids tanks are generally set so it may not be worth it to level a class as a tank if you don’t also like the dps spec for that class.

I have read many interesting tales of how Brewmaster Monk can be very complicated and very rewarding, so while I should probably be running away from it I'm instead intrigued and interested.

I'll probably roll up a monk sometime this weekend and try it out.

Easy to learn, complex to master. I like the design.

If you want to see masterful brewmaster action, watch Trellsky (Trellbrew) on Twitch/VOD. You'll learn things you never knew were possible.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    We don’t need anything so it’s really whatever you want that sounds fun. I guess something that can tank is probably a good idea since that seems to be what limits m+ groups sometimes?

An easy class that can also tank if need be?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(Play a paladin.)

edited February 2019
    You should first of all play a class you personally want to play. That's by far the most important thing. If you absolutely must make your tiebreaking choice based on what the guild needs in raids, warriors, mages, monks and demon hunters all have a Class Exclusive Raid Buff™ that is on the order of a few percent of extra damage for the whole raid as long as you bring at least one. Also priests but their buff gives extra HP instead of damage. We currently have at least one of each in our raid regulars, though, so you should really pick based on what class you find the most fun IMO.

e: oh hey the edit button is back. Also yeah picking something that can tank that you like playing the DPS spec of is also helpful for getting 5 man groups going outside of raids.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    War-Scrolls go a long way toward filling some of those gaps, though. Just play what you think you would enjoy. Lots of classes offer lots of versatility in different ways.

Hmm, without Eits around, is Moriarti the only CPA in the raid now? If I have to start scroll-buffing every attempt you guys better start feeding me stacks of common herbs for pigments.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Javen has a scribe alt

Anyone who plays a paladin should be crushed by a big anvil

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    except shirls and yujamia because they are currently very valuable assets to me

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    basically zenya should be crushed by a big anvil, specifically, as a symbol representing All Paladins Zay Personally Does Not Make An Exception For

BahamutZERO.gif
    Oh, that brings up my next question, what are you guys light on, profession-wise? I'm 100% okay with 2 gathering profs if need be.

if you ask what professions to take in this guild, the chorus of responses will be: take herb/alch to save/make lots of money and get 2 hour flask durations

BahamutZERO.gif
    basically zenya should be crushed by a big anvil, specifically, as a symbol representing All Paladins Zay Personally Does Not Make An Exception For

Hey the crushing has to start somewhere

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I'm absolutely fine with that chorus, really. I don't think I've ever done alchemy before.

I'm assuming you only need BfA prof stuff? Because I'll probably not bother with earlier ranks.

edited February 2019
    yeah they started siloing off each expansion's profession skill grind so you don't need to have done all the previous expansions' grinds first.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    yeah they started siloing off each expansion's profession skill grind so you don't need to have done all the previous expansions' grinds first.

Which is something I actually like quite a bit.

That they made the scrapper a thing, and a necessary thing, chaps my ass, though. My Fire Mage is a tailor/enchanter and the enchanting has had to take a long break so far just so I can get the mats for the tailoring.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

Hey the crushing has to start somewhere

This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me!

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Herbalism/Alchemy is very good, and I would know, because I wasted a bunch of time trying to make Mining/Blacksmithing work.

Since I swapped over, my skin is clearer, I've gotten As on all of my exams, and I no longer need to beg people to make flasks for me on raid night like some sort of pleb.

[IMG][/img]
    Something to keep in mind is that alchemy double flask duration is definitely convenient, but all the crafting professions can currently craft a 415 item or two, which is mythic ilevel, and you can reroll it until you get your correct secondaries on it.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png

But, like, what if they're into that?

actually crafting the 415 item is like pulling teeth though and it's bind on pickup so you can't even make them to sell

BahamutZERO.gif
    "A few thousand gold in materials and some Breath of Bwonsamdi" is hardly pulling teeth. How many sanguicells was everyone swimming in by the time we stopped raiding Uldir? Same thing will happen with BOD.

actually crafting the 415 item is like pulling teeth though and it's bind on pickup so you can't even make them to sell

Yes... using guaranteed raid drops to eventually guarantee you can make an extremely good item with the highest base item level in the game... this is like pulling teeth. The analogy makes sense to me.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    yeah but by the time you're swimming in them it's too late for the ilvl of the pieces they make to be a big deal anymore

BahamutZERO.gif
    yeah but by the time you're swimming in them it's too late for the ilvl of the pieces they make to be a big deal anymore

The 415 piece takes, I believe, 200 breath. That's 20 heroic boss kills, which is just over 2 weeks of full clears or 3-4 weeks of partial clears. And (correct me if I'm wrong), you get refunded the BOP materials used for the prior tier when you scrap it so that's 20 breath already in the bag.

edited February 2019
    I can also guarantee I can craft a 415 before we down heroic Jaina, which I would say makes the ilevel still relevant

Well, actually, I would guarantee that if I was raiding next week, but I probably won’t be able to get on so that’s going to be minimum 40 breaths I don’t get... I’ll still make the bet I can craft a 415 before we beat heroic Jaina

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    FYI I will be out of town the week after next (roughly Feb 17 to 23), so I won't be able to raid for the 19th or 21st.

This discussion has been closed.