As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I force myself to buy small bags of candy when I do get them, even if the big one is more economical, because once it's opened it is a constant strain of my willpower

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The throwback beefaroni tastes a little more beefy but if you put the old one and the new one next to each other I don't know if I could tell the difference.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Do they have a throwback Ravioli? They changed their ravioli in some way a few years back and I haven't liked it ever since.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    I have decided that fried zucchini is just an edible ranch dressing delivery system, unless done exceptionally well, and almost no one does it perfectly. There was a place in Ontario, CA (long since closed) that did fried zucchini perfectly, as little almost McDonald's french fry-sized pieces with a thick beer batter, fried in very hot oil, so that it browned before it turned into mush. Just barely cooked zucchini with a crispy batter. Perfect.

Oh well. One place in the history of the universe made proper fried zucchini, and they closed down.

Fired mushrooms are also almost never done right. When they are, they're divine, though.

The place near me in Lancaster CA does perfect fried zucchini

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Do they have a throwback Ravioli? They changed their ravioli in some way a few years back and I haven't liked it ever since.

Yes

edited February 2019
    Madican wrote: »

Lancaster... Lancaster... ... that's up in the Antelope Valley, isn't it? Yeah, I'm never going to be up that way. Just in case, though, drop the name of the place.

I did go to the Antelope Valley fair once, many many years ago, to see Chris LeDoux in concert, and I'm not a country music guy. Loved the show.

kilnborn on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So the other day, I finally had a taco with one of those Doritos Nacho cheese shells

And ohmigod

To be clear, it was a homemade taco

Joolander on
    kilnborn wrote: »

Lancaster... Lancaster... ... that's up in the Antelope Valley, isn't it? Yeah, I'm never going to be up that way. Just in case, though, drop the name of the place.

I did go to the Antelope Valley fair once, many many years ago, to see Chris LeDoux in concert, and I'm not a country music guy. Loved the show.

Primos on 10th St W and Ave K if you ever find yourself up here in the boonies

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Why does McDonald's serve its burgers without mustard in New York City

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Why does McDonald's serve its burgers without mustard in New York City

Because New York City is a city without righteousness or love.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I mentioned this in the fashion thread... but one of the top things I can't allow myself to buy are those candy-shell-covered chocolate Easter eggs. I don't know what it is, but they're impossible for me to put down.

Oh god Cadbury’s mini eggs are the besssssst

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

they do!

it's dope as hell

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The throwback stuff had a lot more garlic flavor for me, like someone dumped just a bit too much garlic powder in the regular version.

kilnborn wrote: »

Primos on 10th St W and Ave K if you ever find yourself up here in the boonies

Thank you. I will occasionally drive though Palmdale, if I'm going to or from Oxnard and want to avoid L.A. traffic. If I ever find myself in Lancaster, I'll hit up Primos.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    We haven't seen any gelatin suspended nightmares in here for a while

0jluueo0apf8.jpg

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I think it's time to get a bigger fish tank.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What a waste of perfectly good shallots.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I wonder what's in the cordial glass?

probably fermented fish eyes or something

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I wonder what's in the cordial glass?

probably fermented fish eyes or something

I would bet cash money it's aquavit or some other Scandinavian rocket fuel

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'm at work, so:

[screaming internally]

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ritz Toasted Chips - Veggie Flavor are EVIL and addicting and should not be permitted to exist

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My supervisor got "downsized" yesterday and my team wasn't notified until today, and nobody knows why. Several people in HR were also downsized and a couple other supervisors. These layoffs do not seem to be based on merit at all, as my supervisor was the only supervisor in the building that knew how one of our client's systems worked, and now the people that worked that program have no supervisor that understands their concerns.

The writing on the wall is, "This is going to get worse, look for another job, maybe?"

Wow this is not the jobs thread at all.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Wow this is not the jobs thread at all.

If your supervisor had gotten supersized, instead of downsized, you'd be in the right place.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    ...is “downsized” code for “cooked and eaten”?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "I'm sorry but we have to downsize your position"
    cart away your desk chair, cart in a 1/2 scale replica of it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

well you do tend to reduce a stew before you serve it...

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    p12sk8es2f6b.jpg

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    p12sk8es2f6b.jpg

Well that just means you go from being an entree to an appetizer.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    "Hi, can I have a small mega bucket meal"
    "For only five cents less you can downsize to a super small."
    "Hmmmm ok"

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Mc zany wrote: »
    "Hi, can I have a small mega bucket meal"
    "For only five cents less you can downsize to a super small."
    "Hmmmm ok"

This exact conversation (except with a different decision) is why i can't lose weight. My financial brain thinks ' you can just eat the rest later and save money!'. My food brain knows thats a lie.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Bad food thread, I blame you for this LC pretzel pizza that entered my home
    UkLJq9M.jpg

It was.... not good. Way too salty and the pizza felt like it had been sitting out for a while so all in all a pretty poor experience

m!ttens wrote: »

It was.... not good. Way too salty and the pizza felt like it had been sitting out for a while so all in all a pretty poor experience

Title of my sex tape.

Oh, shit, wait...

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    My grandma loves the Pretzel crust pizza.

I can't stand how salty is is but i bought two for her super bowl party the other day.

I bought 3 things of crazy bread for myself and ate them all i regret nothing.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Stay hydrated, my friend.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    That looks nothing like the pretzel crust mine sells. Like the crust legit looks like a brown pretzel you'd get from auntie annes.

And yeah if they sit out for more than about 10 minutes the LC pizzas go WAY down in quality. Wait the 8 minutes it takes them to make a fresh one.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited February 2019
    The only pretzel crust I ever tried had a crust that was about 10% rock salt by volume.

I'm beginning to think that your local Little Caesar's is at the far end of the quality bell curve, bowen.

Edit: I'm also willing to concede that pizza is probably more of a general skill in New York than it is in Oklahoma.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    For the winter snowstorm (that I am labeling Fimbulwinter 2019) hitting Washington state this weekend, I purchased the follow at the grocery store.

Fimbulwinter 2019 Food n' Stuffs
    - Two packages of angel-hair pasta
    - Two jars of tomato basil pasta sauce
    - Two cartons of eggs
    - Two cans of Van Camp's Pork & Beans
    - Two cans of fruit cocktail
    - Four cans of gumbo soup
    - Three cases of soda
    - A package of chocolate chip cookies

That alongside the other food in my pantry should hopefully last me till either Monday (hopefully) or Thursday (holy mother of god).

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    What company makes gumbo soup? I'm not sure I've ever spotted that on the shelves around here.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.