As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

podcast thread

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Given that it's free and everyone's excited about it, I'm even thinking of giving it a look.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    We're gonna be snowed in here in seattle this weekend so im very excited to spend most of that time on apex

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man I am all in on Apex Legends. Shit rules.

Whatcha playin' on

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »

Whatcha playin' on

The pizz4

The PC shooter scene is too competitive for my old bones

Poorochondriac on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Whatcha playin' on

The pizz4

The PC shooter scene is too competitive for my old bones

Cool, we should play it together sometime

I will be v bad at it, also my kids may be on the couch screaming

Sounds like a good time, right

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I am also playing Apex! It's not quite scratching the Titanfall itch, but it's the most I've enjoyed a battle royale game

Etchwarts on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My only kegger story is that my improv' comedy group were invited to attend a back-yard wedding on the 4th of July.

When we arrived we saw that there was a kiddy-pool filled with ice, a keg of Keystone Light, and it was surrounded by numerous bowls of macaroni salad.

During the wedding ceremony the DJ, dressed in all camo, screamed at the bridesmaids & groomsmen to keep up a speedy pace. During the ceremony one of the bridesmaids fainted due to heat exhaustion.

And then, after the ceremony, my best friend suggested that we try to steal the keg in a Grinch-style by claiming it was broken & we'd take it back to our "shop" to "fix" it.

Which culminated in me yelling at a wedding, "Are we a Grinch? Am I am a Grinch now!?!?!"

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    well, shit, I might give Apex Legends a look

people are saying enough good stuff about it for me to give it a proper chance

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    One of the most unexpected, pleasant surprises of Apex Legends is how much my wife enjoys watching it. She pretty much never gives a shit about video games (correctly), but Apex Legends hits a really interesting sweet spot. It's clean and easy to parse what's happening at any given time, it's bright and colorful, and it can very suddenly generate interesting little stories.

Like when my squad ran into two other squads, and I emerged as the sole survivor through dumb fuckin' luck. I picked up my squadmates' banners, and made a harried run to a too-far-away respawn point. When I brought back my dead companions, she cheered.

Shit's wild. I really dig it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    @Cello, @Grey Ghost and I played a couple of rounds and had fun

It is still definitely a BR game and we are all bad at them so we got chewed up pretty quick but it controls really well and I like the abilities

Also they told me I'm not allowed to be Jumpmaster anymore but they're cowards who fear getting spicy

CYpGAPn.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Cello, "Grey Ghost" and I played a couple of rounds and had fun

It is still definitely a BR game and we are all bad at them so we got chewed up pretty quick but it controls really well and I like the abilities

Also they told me I'm not allowed to be Jumpmaster anymore but they're cowards who fear getting spicy

You gotta hit the dropship, right

Etchwarts on

The only round I've won started with a very spicy jump, wherein I was punching a Gibraltar to death within seconds of match start

I'm definitely down to play with folks this weekend

I'm not sure there's gonna be much else I can do, as we'll probably be stuck in the house

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yeah this seems like a fantastic weekend to play games for folks in Washington state.

Everyone on PS4 who wants to play Apex Legends this weekend should friend me because I also wanna play Apex Legends this weekend

also friend me i'm down for w/e

edited February 2019

You gotta hit the dropship, right
    Well I tried but undershot it and landed smack dab in some swampy hell hole with like 5 other squads

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I want to apex some legends with y'all on ps4

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not to declare GotY winners 4 months before e3, but it'll be interesting to see if anything can top Apex Legends for Best Surprise.

Also e3 is in four months

Undead Scottsman on
    Weedlord........we must fight

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It's cool how often in Apex Legends you can be "oh hey, this squad is fully women/POC". Also in canon Gibraltar is gay and Bloodhound doesn't have time for gender

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    It's cool how often in Apex Legends you can be "oh hey, this squad is fully women/POC". Also in canon Gibraltar is gay and Bloodhound doesn't have time for gender

I saw a quote from some gamerbro extremely upset that Gibraltar is gay, it was pretty funny

also I appreciate that they seem to be out there with him being gay, as opposed to Overwatch Rowling it UHHHH OKAY SOLDIER 76 IS ACTUALLY GAY

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    They've been talking about the strait of gibraltar for thousands of years, proof it's never to late to come out.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    They've been talking about the strait of gibraltar for thousands of years, proof it's never to late to come out.

Oh no was that an intentional choice they made? It's entirely possible!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Creative idea: A redub/re-edit of the Pokemon cartoon but done in the style of BBC nature documentaries like Planet Earth.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    feel free to shoot an invite if you see me on ps4

this game rules but boy I had some rough games with strangers last night

edit: this isn't the apex legend thread I've been tricked

Vann Diras on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Forum page loading break for anyone else?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    in what sense

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm WheatBun01 on PS4 and WheatBunOnSwiss on Origin for Apex stuff

I call it poobgoob

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    re: grey ghost

Mobile looks like this right now

kcxsdtu7x0v8.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    That happens to me every few months.

It lasts for a week or two and then goes back to normal

CYpGAPn.png
    ffs

Please make a circus thread including those screenshots and browser info, I'll open a ticket.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I did it

Yatta!

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I did it

Do you think I've gone too far?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna download Apex on my xbox, got no room left on my PC lol

This discussion has been closed.