As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    -ATK is bad, but it's not the worst thing. Many characters still win and loose most of the same matchups regardless of their ATK IV.

But a SPD bane for characters that care about speed? OOF.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Spring breeze is a lot worse now, they made a previously invincible block crumbly. I didn't know the lava map well...

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Can Surtr just be banned from defense teams?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Ah. I even added Distant Counter to mine just to catch some more people by surprise.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    One thing I've noticed on Spring Breeze though, which caught me offguard once, defensive units will break those breakable walls now, which might be an issue if you had planned a path for them to get stuck in.

While that hasn't been used to my advantage yet, I still don't always take a -80 hit, so I'm not sure I'll change up my defense yet.

However, I do greatly enjoy the 50 lift cost now, so I can actually play more than 1-2 times a day! Heck, you could play up to 6 times today if you upgraded the Amphorae so it can hold 250 lift and break all the lift pots in your attacks.

Ardor on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed on Spring Breeze though, which caught me offguard once, defensive units will break those breakable walls now, which might be an issue if you had planned a path for them to get stuck in.

While that hasn't been used to my advantage yet, I still don't always take a -80 hit, so I'm not sure I'll change up my defense yet.

However, I do greatly enjoy the 50 lift cost now, so I can actually play more than 1-2 times a day! Heck, you could play up to 6 times today if you upgraded the Amphorae so it can hold 250 lift and break all the lift pots in your attacks.

Yeah, if they have nothing to do. Overall it didn't really affect my setup much which makes me glad.

And yeah, I already love the 50 aether cost change. It feels like I can fuck up and not be horribly, horribly penalized for it because I didn't just throw away one of my TWO chances per day.

Also the stupid upgrade I can't afford yet... grr... I need a few more stones to get the leaves or whatever necessary. Ah well though, hitting tier 20 should be easy now and I doubt I would have gone up two tiers even with the upgrade.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Where flowers? I wish they’d stop adding currencies. I also wish they’d be more clear where to earn the various things.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »
    Where flowers? I wish they’d stop adding currencies. I also wish they’d be more clear where to earn the various things.

New challenge map mode, and they've been added to raids rewards too.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    It's under battle/story maps

camo_sig.png
    I need to find out specifically too, but from what I'm getting at from word of mouth is that some are supposed to be available from the upper echelons of aether raids while most of them are one time prizes for completing challenge maps that are unlocked for owning specific 5* heroes.

I also want to know if these flowers will help upgrade the scoring potential of my askr trio.

3DS Friend Code:
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I like the Ordeals. They're neat little puzzles. But there's no point to doing them more than once, apparently. Which means there's a cap on them. Unless they're available from AR, I guess.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I also want to know if these flowers will help upgrade the scoring potential of my askr trio.

Nope
    "Likewise, such stat increases will not affect your score after winning in the Arena"

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I need to find out specifically too, but from what I'm getting at from word of mouth is that some are supposed to be available from the upper echelons of aether raids while most of them are one time prizes for completing challenge maps that are unlocked for owning specific 5* heroes.

They're available at all tiers of aether raids, from 20 flowers at tier 1 to 40 flowers at tier 27.

Also, yeah, Nino's new tome. +1 damage and +1 special cooldown vs. a gronnblade, plus refines. Okay! Maybe I'll finish ranking my +5 Nino up—she does her best, after all.

s7Imn5J.png
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I like the Ordeals. They're neat little puzzles. But there's no point to doing them more than once, apparently. Which means there's a cap on them. Unless they're available from AR, I guess.

Yup, they're in the AR rewards.

Oh, and I have to imagine this game is bewildering to new players. Every menu has like five submenus and there's like thirty currencies and they've got to figure out seals, flowers, crystals, level ups, merges, IVs, rarities, sacred coins, aether stones, heavenly dew, grails, refining stones, arena medals, divine dew, feathers, blessings, badges, supports, inheritance, combat manuals...

That is a a lot of shit to pick up on top of learning units, skillsets and game modes.

s7Imn5J.png
    I took a break for a few months after Halloween and I still haven't really gotten my aether raid stuff squared away.

3DS Friend Code:
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Oh, and I have to imagine this game is bewildering to new players. Every menu has like five submenus and there's like thirty currencies and they've got to figure out seals, flowers, crystals, level ups, merges, IVs, rarities, sacred coins, aether stones, heavenly dew, grails, refining stones, arena medals, divine dew, feathers, blessings, badges, supports, inheritance, combat manuals...

That is a a lot of shit to pick up on top of learning units, skillsets and game modes.

I think they need to do a bit cut to reduce the unnecessary clutter in the game.

Badges from the training tower and arena medals can be cut. They're used for upgrades but they're never the limiting resource so they may as well not exist.
    Merge shards and crystals, there's no need for a different item to level 1-20 and 21-40.
    Drop stamina and duelling swords, they've removed stamina requirements from so many things and give so many free refills that it's meaningless. Then you can drop stamina potions and duelling crests then too.
    I'd get rid of the aether raid blessings, but they've only just added those so I doubt that's going to happen.
    Probably remove 1-3 star heroes.

Then they need to let multiple heroes equip the same seal (probably with the caveat that you can only use it once in a team) an let a hero easily swap skill sets (no, the current skill set system doesn't count. I want a flyer team with Myrrh equipped with hone fliers and a dragon team with Myrrh equipped with hone dragons without having to swap her skills around).

Then reorganise the 'battle' page. Special maps includes GHBs and training and free orbs? Events includes tap battles and voting gauntlets? Story maps includes blessed gardens, tactics drills, and heroic ordeals? Special maps and Events are basically just 'Uncategorised' and 'Other', and even then the story category is becoming 'Miscellaneous'.

Then they need a UX expert to have a go at the Allies page. I don't even have any suggestions there because it's just a mess.

I think that the easy way of handling skill management would be to set things up so that you don't equip the heroes themselves with skills. You setup teams, and the skill set is tied to that team.

They might need to rework how things are organized under the hood to pull that off, but then there would be no need for a skill swap system. You only need to devote time to setup a team once and then things are locked in.

3DS Friend Code:
    They can definitely combine learn and equip skills into one menu so that the button is "learn" or "equip" depending on whether the unit has learned it yet. The fact that they already had these as separate menus and then in their UI redesign kept them and moved them to to separate submenus baffles me.

s7Imn5J.png
    I've said for a long time that the special training maps should be located under the training tower rather than the bloated special maps. I don't understand why they don't do this considering both serve the same purpose (though honestly I never use training tower anymore unless it's to complete a quest)

Really the whole special maps menu is a mess and needs to be reorganized. Like at least group the GHBs that take up a ton of the space since there are always at least two running now.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I threw a few orbs at Valentine's, to no luck, so I threw a few more orbs at Myrrh. And I did get one! And after getting one I foolishly tried to finish out the circle with no luck. I wasted a few more orbs than I wanted but at least I was successful in getting my Myrrh to +5 which, with the new change, is a critical breakpoint. I'm down to 70 orbs dedicated to the legendary banner and Halloween Myrrh, then it's back to saving orbs for regular Myrrh again!

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    ...And I still secretly want Glitch Eirika, but at least I got a couple Reyson.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, I kinda wanna get to 1000 orbs (I'm currently at 920), but if I want to finally get my Dragon Emblem team started properly, I need to get Myrrh. I might also try and get Ike and Greil, but I don't wanna spend too much on that banner.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Managed to pick up Greil and Soren this morning, which I'm happy about. Will certainly do more rolling as long as that banner is available, though. I still really want the others and also would be happy getting merges.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Holy shit I got Myrrh on my free pull! And she's +Atk -HP! Maybe I should play the lottery today.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    I threw about 30 or 40 orbs at the Hector banner before it went away and managed to finally snag a DC fodder for my Effie. I typically run all fliers, but I think I might build a mixed team. I'm tempted to Ally Support Cherche and Effie, but I feel bad breaking up Cherche and Cordelia.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I got a 4 star Reyson to merge into my existing +def -res. Nice to see that res superbane getting erased.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Holy shit I got Myrrh on my free pull! And she's +Atk -HP! Maybe I should play the lottery today.

Same, though mine was +Def. Not sure if that is better for her than a +atk though

camo_sig.png
    edited February 2019
    Ugg, my game crashed in the middle of a pull (had tabbed out for something and it crashed while switched) and when I came back it put me back on the Eirika/Ephraim/Myrrh banner (because it was the "first" banner for some reason) and I accidentally pulled two Myrrhs before I realized -_-

Managed to get everyone though, but spent more than I would have liked :/ Very much wish I hadn't wasted money on a banner I didn't want to :/

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock, you are in a very limited group of people in the world who can legitimately complain about some sequence of events that led to accidentally pulling two Myrrhs.

He doesn't say he immediately pulled them. He could have dumped like 200 orbs before realizing it!

edited February 2019
    Delzhand wrote: »
    He doesn't say he immediately pulled them. He could have dumped like 200 orbs before realizing it!

It was probably about 60 or so, yeah. I had just assumed the first Myrrh was just an off-focus pity breaker so I didn't think anything of it until the second one in a row. And I have a +10 Myrrh, so that's the main reason I'm upset. She doesn't really have good fodder other than I *guess* Hone Dragons, but I'd rather just slap Ward Dragons on instead if I can

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Oh I wasn't whale-shaming you, that's definitely crappy and her lack of good SI (Hone Dragons is like the third priority dragon buff I'd consider for a dragon squad) definitely makes it more unfortunate.

Kasyn wrote: »
    Oh I wasn't whale-shaming you, that's definitely crappy and her lack of good SI (Hone Dragons is like the third priority dragon buff I'd consider for a dragon squad) definitely makes it more unfortunate.

No no, it's fine :) But yeah, mostly just miffed about it. It's technically my fault for not paying attention to the banner image when I clicked summon, but still. It's a shame, if I would have pulled Ephraim or Eirika (since I was still pulling all colors at this point but colorless) I would have been less upset since I don't have those at +10 and Eirika also fodders for Swift Sparrow.

Honestly at this point I have so many "extra" Myrrhs over the last year or so (mostly thanks to legendary banners she was on trying for a different green focus) I'm half tempted to build a second one for shits and giggles. I could probably get her like +5 or +6, it's stupid...

Holy shit, this Myrrh banner went off the chain for me.

I started at like 410 orbs, and by the time I had burned say 260, I had pulled Libra, Reyson, regular Hector, Kana, and five Myrrhs, putting her one shy of +10 (once I pick an IV). So naturally I blew all the remaining orbs on a shot at finishing her, but the law of averages finally rolled out of bed in a drunken stupor stumbling over pant cuffs and now I'm scraping orbs from quests to see where this 4.5% pity break ends.

But woo, this is like the best returns I've ever had playing orb slots.

s7Imn5J.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »

No no, it's fine :) But yeah, mostly just miffed about it. It's technically my fault for not paying attention to the banner image when I clicked summon, but still. It's a shame, if I would have pulled Ephraim or Eirika (since I was still pulling all colors at this point but colorless) I would have been less upset since I don't have those at +10 and Eirika also fodders for Swift Sparrow.

Honestly at this point I have so many "extra" Myrrhs over the last year or so (mostly thanks to legendary banners she was on trying for a different green focus) I'm half tempted to build a second one for shits and giggles. I could probably get her like +5 or +6, it's stupid...

Get your spare Myrrh set up for a beast squad.
    Holy shit, this Myrrh banner went off the chain for me.

I started at like 410 orbs, and by the time I had burned say 260, I had pulled Libra, Reyson, regular Hector, Kana, and five Myrrhs, putting her one shy of +10 (once I pick an IV). So naturally I blew all the remaining orbs on a shot at finishing her, but the law of averages finally rolled out of bed in a drunken stupor stumbling over pant cuffs and now I'm scraping orbs from quests to see where this 4.5% pity break ends.

But woo, this is like the best returns I've ever had playing orb slots.

I've had two instances in this game where my luck was just completely fucking bananas in a similar way, except without the regression at the end. One of them involved Myrrh on that legendary banner a while back, where I got 6 of her and two Legendary Hectors in around 200 orbs. (The other was 5 Ishtars and no Reinhardts in about the same amount of orbs, on a BHB banner where they both shared blue.)

Probably doesn't even out in the long, long run but it still feels good.

edited February 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think I burned all my good luck for the month. Got mist from the greil banner and myr from the daily banner

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2019
    Boo, Summer Innes as my free hero. Probably my least wanted in the greens (other than maybe NY Fjorm). Ah well. He's +ATK so may be an upgrade at least. Was crossing my fingers for Halloween Kagero tho. At least she should be on a legendary banner soon (maybe this next one?)

Edit: Yeah my current Innes is neutral IVs so ok, at least it's an upgrade

Warlock82 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yuuup, I totally burned all my luck on yesterday's pulls. I went 0/2 on red orbs showing up for the free 5*s, and got innes as well

steam_sig.png