As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The good news is the GW seems willing to give any developer with an idea a chance to make a 40k game.

The bad news is that I'm not a developer. :sad:

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Iron Hands Primarch being named Ferrus Manus is very "my first D&D character" but i can't hate it because it is very earnest

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Karl wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Primaris scouts in lightweight power armour and bolt sniper weapons?

Yes, this pleases me

It also has me questioning the role of the generic marines of old

Dante will attempt Primaris conversion hoping it kills him.

It doesn't, and Dante wakes up the saddest Primaris

Ragnar is probably going to get pickled as his model is old as the hills

Soooo how will the Sanguinor undergo this operation too?

He won't. The Sanguinor is a warp entity.

I know. I was hoping someone more clever than me would have a great joke answer. I own his current model.

TheGerbil on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Man, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with this Primaris stuff.

They could have just put out newer, better looking/taller Astartes like people have been wanting since forever, told people that new Space Marine models are here and fluffed away the new look by saying Guilliman demanded new gear/organization stuff.

When's Chaos getting Primarus?

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Never.

edit: They're just getting bigger, better looking/taller Astartes.

Extreaminatus on
    "When Fabius Bile first heard about the Primaris Marines, he got an erection that lasted for a week straight."

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Whenever Fabius gets around to it.

"His only concern was that it only lasted for a week."

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    When's Chaos getting Primarus?

I reckon they'll get their own version with possessed space marines that are actually functional

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hey

The flesh tearers are as good as you can get

Kinda

Well they are a chance to show off some skills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz2Tol62mHQ

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it's important to note that fabius hates chaos and only works with them because they let him continue his experiments to try and make an actual ubermensch

PiptheFair wrote: »
    it's important to note that fabius hates chaos and only works with them because they let him continue his experiments to try and make an actual ubermensch

It's more of a matter of convenience
    As the other people who find it quaint that he is attempting to create an ubermensch

Were the master's of their races fall but found other things to distract them and sustain what was left

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I hope that a 40k videogame eventually draws on the real weird side of the universe, taking art cyes from something like Iron Sleet or whatever, rather thsn a lot of the base models and terrain

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I want a space marine game where you play as a Wolf Lord cruising around the empire hopping from planet to planet, asking if anyones seen Russ and trying to not run out of beer.
    While fighting every damn thing in existence.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I hope that a 40k videogame eventually draws on the real weird side of the universe, taking art cyes from something like Iron Sleet or whatever, rather thsn a lot of the base models and terrain

A game with John Blanche as art director. Maybe more of a visual story type?

honovere wrote: »

Hmm, not quite. I like the ideas of blanche's art, but i think that it doesn't really convey the tangibility of those ideas. They always seem like broad impressions to me, more often than not.

Like, with video games, i'd really wanna see some of the more out there designs made tangible.

Hmm, not quite. I like the ideas of blanche's art, but i think that it doesn't really convey the tangibility of those ideas. They always seem like broad impressions to me, more often than not.

Like, with video games, i'd really wanna see some of the more out there designs made tangible.

As rad as all this is it's too bad different locales and widely different vistas would be fucking expensive on the art end. Which means we'll keep getting games set in one area to make that more reasonable.

TheGerbil wrote: »

As rad as all this is it's too bad different locales and widely different vistas would be fucking expensive on the art end. Which means we'll keep getting games set in one area to make that more reasonable.

oh yeah, that's fair

i was more hoping that wherever they set it would look a lot better than their pretty standard industrial/cathedral aesthetic that all their games share

like, show some of the weirder, wackier parts of the imperium

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect 2 but an Inquisitor henchman game

I do not know how many times this has already been posted but I will post it again if I have to

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Gimme an Ork Freeboota rpg where i sail around the galaxy getting into fights and looting as much as i can from everywhere i go and the only stats are "dakka" and "hat size"

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Gimme an Ork Freeboota rpg where i sail around the galaxy getting into fights and looting as much as i can from everywhere i go and the only stats are "dakka" and "hat size"

And choppiness

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    the dakka meter has to just get bigger when it fills up.

Dayspring wrote: »

The Rouge Trader RPG had that

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Some sort of extremely violent Ork Katamari Damacy where you get bigger and bigger the more stuff you stomp, the crowd of other Orks following you around getting bigger and more diverse and crazier as you go

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited February 2019
    Sid Meyer's Pirates! but with Orkz!

Sail around krumpin' everything you come across, getting more dakka. And instead of rescuing your family members, you recruit more clanz until you make a play for Armageddon.

Extreaminatus on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I would day one buy all of these Ork games

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hot take: non-rts 40k games kinda suck because all the characters are very one note.

Playing as a space marine for a whole game gets boring because piety and xenophobia is boring

Playing as an ork for a whole game gets boring because ork comedy gets boring (but less quickly than the space marine stuff gets boring)

Playing as chaos marines, mechanicus or inquisitors gets boring because extreme genocide and grimdarkitude gets boring

Basically 40k works way better at the macro level than the character level. Which is why dawn of war is probably the best 40k game were ever going to get, until Creative Assembly comes along

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Make a management sim where I’m the governor of Necromunda and I have to build the spire bigger and manage growth while dealing with genestealer and chaos uprisings is what I’m trying to say

The population could have a happiness meter that ranged from ‘extremely miserable’ to ‘incandescent with rage’ it would be hilarious

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I still want Band of Brothers, the show, except Imperial Guard based on the Tanith First.

I want a triumvirate of the Imperium game

It’s basically be the odd couple only there’s an immortal personification of righteousness, a deeply paranoid inquisitor that took a long nap in a kleptomaniac necron lords vault, and a 10 millennia old cyborg genius that upgraded super soldiers

DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Make a management sim where I’m the governor of Necromunda and I have to build the spire bigger and manage growth while dealing with genestealer and chaos uprisings is what I’m trying to say

The population could have a happiness meter that ranged from ‘extremely miserable’ to ‘incandescent with rage’ it would be hilarious

i doubt high up on primus hive lord helmwar has the time for civic mangement

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Also, isn't Greyfax a psyker?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Also, isn't Greyfax a psyker?

*blam*

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Just checked and boy is she ever. Currently she's heavily specialized into making sure sorcerers and daemons are gonna have a bad time, but prior to 8th she had stronger casting stats overall, and a special power called "aura of oppression" that had two different-strength versions; a single non-vehicle unit one, and an area attack version, both of which force pinning tests and even if they pass the aura still prevented the affected unit(s) from being able to use a variety of movement abilities or firing overwatch.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Just checked and boy is she ever. Currently she's heavily specialized into making sure sorcerers and daemons are gonna have a bad time, but prior to 8th she had stronger casting stats, and a special power called "aura of oppression" that had two different-strength versions; a single non-vehicle unit one, and an area attack version, both of which force pinning tests and even if they pass the aura still prevented the affected unit(s) from being able to use a variety of movement abilities or firing overwatch.

Where is she listed?

edited February 2019
    Just checked and boy is she ever. Currently she's heavily specialized into making sure sorcerers and daemons are gonna have a bad time, but prior to 8th she had stronger casting stats, and a special power called "aura of oppression" that had two different-strength versions; a single non-vehicle unit one, and an area attack version, both of which force pinning tests and even if they pass the aura still prevented the affected unit(s) from being able to use a variety of movement abilities or firing overwatch.

Where is she listed?

The webstore has her on the Inquisition model list. I looked her up on the wh40k fandom wiki (formerly known as wikia) and on 1d4chan. Edit: also she's under Inquisition in battlescribe.

8th ed Greyfax has a master-crafted condemnor bolter (combi-bolter with crossbow alt-mode that fires silver stakes which do d3 to psykers), psyocculum (can snipe any unit with psyker or daemon keywords even if they are not the closest enemy), and psyk-out grenades (mortal wounds on daemons and psykers), plus she can attempt to deny two psychic powers per turn (with a +1 to her rolls to do so).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Playing Total Warhammer 2 earlier I had a Dwarf Lord basically solo an entire skaven reinforcement army. It was amazing. Dude killed 500 rats by himself.

Metzger Meister on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hah, her description on the webstore is great:
    The model is topped off by a wide-brimmed hat which on some models might seem ostentatious, but is entirely appropriate framing the face of Greyfax, which features the Psyocculum – the Eye of the Emperor.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.