As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    barney is baxter stockman

I have seen like two episodes of TMNT, I'm shocked I was able to remember the name of this character

Its a pretty good name!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I love the NBA and I love labor relations issues and I love how the NBA in particular is a hotbed of labor stuff because of how much leverage star players have and it is for this precise reason I feel like I can't watch that movie and have to quietly seethe about the CBA as it currently is

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Can't believe everyone didn't listen to The Alan Parsons Project's debut album, Tales of Mystery and Imagination, in middle school!

I Robot was better

Significantly fewer songs about The Cask of Amontillado

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

He shot the whole thing on iPhones, because Soderbergh is a very curious fellow

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Soderbergh is low-key very experimental and I love it. If he does a bad movie he's like OH WELL NEXT ONE WILL BE GOOD and makes another one

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Soderbergh is low-key very experimental and I love it. If he does a bad movie he's like OH WELL NEXT ONE WILL BE GOOD and makes another one

He did this one flick, BUBBLE, that he shot entirely on camcorder and with non-actors, just to see how that'd go

It fuckin' sucked, but bless him for keeping it weird

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

He shot the whole thing on iPhones, because Soderbergh is a very curious fellow

it's his thing now

he shot unsane on an iphone too

good ol' stevey iphonerbergh

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I like Soderbergh but what's selling me on that movie is that it's written by Tarell Alvin McCraney (Moonlight)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    He also made a fucken martial arts movie just out of nowhere

• Options
    soderbergh is doing exactly what i would like to imagine i would do if i had enough money to never have to worry about failure and it's great

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

We are going to have one hell of a run of movies with singing in the next few years

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Donatello was my favorite as a kid but now it's Michelangelo because the nunchuk fight in Enter the Dragon is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. So middle school me was like fuck yeah nunchuks

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Coinage wrote: »

We are going to have one hell of a run of movies with singing in the next few years

We were due, there's been a build up of popular Broadway shows that have never really been filmed. And Wicked is still huge

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I will be very happy whenever we get the inevitable Hamilton film in 2028 or whenever

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I will be very happy whenever we get the inevitable Hamilton film in 2028 or whenever

I'm sure we'll have to wait for it, but as long as we're satisfied, that would be enough

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I'm kind of surprised this is only happening now and not around the time Wicked debuted. I wonder if they were waiting for the hype of the stage show to die down so that the movie and live production weren't fighting for eyeballs?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    3clipse wrote: »

I'm kind of surprised this is only happening now and not around the time Wicked debuted. I wonder if they were waiting for the hype of the stage show to die down so that the movie and live production weren't fighting for eyeballs?

Broadway shows definitely want a window where they aren't competing with a film adaptation, for sure. I think this has been in development for a few years, though.

In the Heights is another one that finally has some forward momentum. I think they've even started casting that one

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

I'm sure we'll have to wait for it, but as long as we're satisfied, that would be enough

Boooo

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

I hope that you

Buuuuuuuuuuurn

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Lego Movie 2 is very good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I hope that you

Buuuuuuuuuuurn

Chikapow!

• Options
    My wish is for it to be animated

I'm sure it won't happen but the fact that Miranda has already worked on animated Disney stuff gives me a sliver of hope

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    High Flying Bird's cast is really good

Andre Holland, Zazie Beetz, Melvin Gregg (DeMarcus on American Vandal), Bill Duke, Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas on Stranger Things), Sonja Sohn, Zachary Quinto, and Kyle MacLachlan

good LORD that is stacked

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I kinda wish Wicked could be done in traditional animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Crxzb_oDc

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

Yes it very much is.

So,
    did that song get stuck inside your head?

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I am dying to see the trailer for the Cats movie that's coming out this December. I absolutely will not go see it but I need to know what the hell that movie is going to look like

• Options
    i am 150% gonna see Tom Hooper's Cats

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am dying to see the trailer for the Cats movie that's coming out this December. I absolutely will not go see it but I need to know what the hell that movie is going to look like

Extreme close ups of one cat at a time singing their songs.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Yes it very much is.

So,
    did that song get stuck inside your head?

I immediately bought the album.

Song spoiler talk.
    Lego Movie has one very good song. Lego Movie 2 has multiple song that are at least as good and catchy and possibly better depending on the day. I like the Not Evil song and the Gotham Boys songs a whole bunch. Plus the version of Awesome at the start is actually different than the original with more specific lyrics to the situation.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Please remember that canonically mikey is the best fighter among the turtles

• Options
    Also Lego Movie 2 song spoiler
    Everything's Not Awesome is like the direct response to 2016 and it speaks to me on a personal level. I got teary eyed at the heart part.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I am inordinately disappointed that "The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot" is apparently only getting a limited theatrical release. Was looking forward to it being either gloriously bad or weirdly good.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I kinda wish we would get something closer to the weird ass books

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    I am inordinately disappointed that "The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot" is apparently only getting a limited theatrical release. Was looking forward to it being either gloriously bad or weirdly good.

By all accounts it's a weirdly good examination of mythic heroes and is supposed to be very slow and ponderous.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    the man who killed hitler and then the bigfoot is available on demand however

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Please remember that canonically mikey is the best fighter among the turtles

god what a fucking great arc

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

The reviews on it don't sound great. I was tempted to watch it this weekend, but not so sure now.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Bullshit, I went to the local theater and demanded they screen it for me and they called security.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

The reviews on it don't sound great. I was tempted to watch it this weekend, but not so sure now.

i have not read a single one honestly

i don't trust reviews

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.