As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    They've announced the Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary sets.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/01/29/lego-star-wars-20th-anniversary-sets-and-minifigures-revealed-news/

Biggest changes seem to be an even harsher Star Wars tax and collectible minifigs with the classic Lego yellow skin tone.
    The 125 piece army builder set is priced at $20 bucks (25 Canadian), for a small dropship and 5 minifigs (one of which is Juandice Solo). Which seems high to me.
    I do have to admit that I'm tempted by the Slave 1, but at 120 bucks, that's real close to UCS pricing for a 1,000 piece set.

see317 on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Interesting. I was trying to figure out why they had Lando with the Snowspeeder set till I figured it out that they are just stuffing a set of the 20th Anniversary figures with each set to force people to buy them all to get a complete set.

I sort of like the yellow old school look of the Anniversary figures.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I’ll get the dropship and land speeder sets. Put Slave-1 on the Christmas list maybe.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hrm, I already have Leia, Luke, Vader, and Solo from the Millenium Falcon set, but I don't think I have Lando yet, and I like the look of that Snowspeeder.

That said, I really shouldn't be spending $50 Canadian (possibly $60'ish including taxes) on Lego right now, so we'll have to see how book/magic card sales go before I get my heart set on it.

If it's in stores, I could see it possibly as an impulse buy. If it's something I have to order from Lego or whatever, eh, we'll see.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm getting all of those.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So apocalypseburg looks pretty awesome, but kind of unwieldy from a foot print standpoint right? I'd like to put it on a shelf next to my modulars but I'm not sure it would fit?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So apocalypseburg looks pretty awesome, but kind of unwieldy from a foot print standpoint right? I'd like to put it on a shelf next to my modulars but I'm not sure it would fit?

This is legit my reason for not getting it. Its base is so oddly shaped I do not have a good place to put it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

For those who like TIE fighters we are getting two Resistance sets. One called Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter, Which is odd because he flied a red first order TIE Interceptor. This is weird because the other set is specifically called Black Ace TIE Interceptor

So I guess we'll get a red First Order TIE Fighter and an Interceptor?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    For those who like TIE fighters we are getting two Resistance sets. One called Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter, Which is odd because he flied a red first order TIE Interceptor. This is weird because the other set is specifically called Black Ace TIE Interceptor

Ooh, the FO has a specific TIE interceptor?

*waits for it to show up in X-wing*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Where are you seeing this?

Athenor wrote: »

Yeah I did not know this either so looked who this person was up.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Elrik_Vonreg

Bright red Squint on the page. Now I need to go watch this show.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »

It's hard to see from the near straight on front view, but it's got a different profile than the traditional Imperial Interceptors. The wings are more curved than angled (like the Inquisitor's TIE), also the back half of the wing is reshaped. Some views show an extended horizontal wing off the back of the cockpit, reminiscent of Vader's TIE (and later Kylo's). In addition it also goes faster because it's red, and has a hyperdrive.

Also, the Black Ace interceptor, assuming it is the Black Ace from Rebellion, is going to be quite a non-Standard TIE as well.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh, I thought The Resistance was launching with Disney's new streaming service! I didn't realize that much info was out about it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    see317 wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

It's hard to see from the near straight on front view, but it's got a different profile than the traditional Imperial Interceptors. The wings are more curved than angled (like the Inquisitor's TIE), also the back half of the wing is reshaped. Some views show an extended horizontal wing off the back of the cockpit, reminiscent of Vader's TIE (and later Kylo's). In addition it also goes faster because it's red, and has a hyperdrive.

Also, the Black Ace interceptor, assuming it is the Black Ace from Rebellion, is going to be quite a non-Standard TIE as well.

Oh my... I didn't look at it carefully on my phone, but yes it is not the Squint but a new version. I hope Lucasfilm has some sort of back story about this version to explain why they are not in the movies. Because damn, I want this version now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Oh, I thought The Resistance was launching with Disney's new streaming service! I didn't realize that much info was out about it.

They've been airing it on the Disney channel. It's pretty good so far. Not great, but it's watchable.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

They've been airing it on the Disney channel. It's pretty good so far. Not great, but it's watchable.

How is it compared to rebels?

camo_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    mts wrote: »

How is it compared to rebels?

I starts a bit stronger. The main protag starts a bit stupid but is noticeably improving in competence with each episode.

Slight timeline spoilers
    The show is supposed to start about 6 months before Force Awakens. Judging from the trailer for the second half of the season, that will quickly change fairly dramatically.

If nothing else we will get some cool looking space fighters lego kits out of it.

Librarian's ghost on

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Lego Movie 2 minifigures are out in the wild. Found a bunch at Meijer.
    The 4 pop group members
    Golfing Business
    Dorothy
    Scarecrow
    Tin Man
    Lion

The bags are bigger. And there were a lot of extra bits.

Edit: to clarify on the extra bits:

Each singer had 2 microphones.
    Tin Man had 3 bow ties and 2 hearts.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen extra pieces in the minifig bags before.

Doctor Detroit on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    A friend of mine heard a rumor and confirmed it:

If you want a full set of the blind bag minifigs - and you can find a NEW BOX at a store - they ship with one row being the entire set.

So if it looks untouched, and no one has messed with it, you can just snag a row's worth and have everything in one trip!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I visited my local Lego store this past weekend and didn't realize that the Lego Movie 2 Minifigures were just releasing.

Did walk out with a bunch of small sets. Inferno Squadron, Elite Praetorian Guard, Naboo Starfighter Microfighter, Sith Infiltrator Microfighter, Escape Pod vs. Dewback, Ferrari 488 GT3, Ferrari F40 Competizione (birthday present), Benny's Space Squad and got the Pig set for free.

Yeah I love Lego stores... Never can just walk in for one thing.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    A friend of mine heard a rumor and confirmed it:

If you want a full set of the blind bag minifigs - and you can find a NEW BOX at a store - they ship with one row being the entire set.

So if it looks untouched, and no one has messed with it, you can just snag a row's worth and have everything in one trip!

Go figure this is the first blind bags at my Wal-Mart to all get unboxed and put in a huge bin instead lol

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Thats not a sewer baby, this is a sewer baby

camo_sig.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Mohawk Cat is wonderful and I love it.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Lego Movie 2 is very good.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Mohawk Cat is wonderful and I love it.

Ya I thought I had found watermelon fig, and got home and it was the punk cat, and I am so not disappointed, I didn't even realize there was a mohawk cat on the sheet, so this was 100% the best surprise ever for me.

( Possibly less for my actual cats as I remember that I have clippers ..... )

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    So hey, FYI.

In the valentines day section of Target there is a little Lego Movie 2 polybag set with Emmet and a brick built heart. You guys might want to grab it because it is actually pretty important in the movie.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Lego Movie 2 is very good.

Seeing it this afternoon

I got the Rex's Rexplorer set today. It has a very important piece which is a Velociraptor on a skateboard.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wow, LEGO Movie 2 is, if not better than the first one, then just as good.

Great jokes and meta-humor with a nice aesop that's sweet and heartwarming.

It also has a very catchy theme song :lol:

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Could have seen LEGO Movie 2 this weekend if I'd been better prepared/aware/motivated. I was not, so now I will wait for the official local release... April 11. :P

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wow, LEGO Movie 2 is, if not better than the first one, then just as good.

Great jokes and meta-humor with a nice aesop that's sweet and heartwarming.

It also has a very catchy theme song :lol:

Just got done seeing it myself. I’ve been humming that darn song since we left.

Also, it’s a good movie. Lots of good jokes and a nice message as well.

Marathon on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My daughter and I just watched it this afternoon and both enjoyed it immensely. It is, in fact, awesome.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Now we talk about which song is the best song
    Everything's Not Awesome is the song that is the best song
    but I'm interested in your opinions

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It’s a good song, but it wouldn’t be awesome without the original. Something can’t be unawesome without first being awesome.

Also, that plot twist was very amusing.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I enjoyed that very much.

Also the LEGO brick animation still wows me
    also lonely island credit song about the credits was a real good bit

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    It does need the original, but I think that ENA is honestly a pretty good anthem for the times. Better than EIA was in 2014.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well, I shed a tear.
    ‘As a parent’ (by which I mean as someone for which resistance to schmaltzy emotional manipulation has been entirely shattered) and an older brother to a younger sister.

Also better Batman film references than the Lego Batman Movie.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, I shed a tear.
    ‘As a parent’ (by which I mean as someone for which resistance to schmaltzy emotional manipulation has been entirely shattered) and an older brother to a younger sister.

Also better Batman film references than the Lego Batman Movie.

I unno, the Bit with the pilot and the Joker at the start of Lego Batman was pretty good.

Lego movie 2 was very good. Not Lego Movie good cause it lacked some of the element of surprise and the start was a slower roll it felt like. Picked up for me right around
    Queen Whatever and Batman’s number. Dunno why it started clicking for me there, but it did.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Love the credits song I was dying. What a great movie. All the articles are saying it tanked on opening weekend :(

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I liked it a lot, but for sheer wow factor I don't think anything can equal the reveal of the city during Emmet's Morning in the first one, just because I had never seen anything like that before -- that said, it definitely holds up as a good animated movie where "being made of Lego" is an actual plot point rather than just an animation style (like the batman/ninjago movies, where lego-ness was there but only in passing, or the hero factory/bionicle/game spinoff ones where it was even less important).

The end credits blew me away, though, it's still amazing how realistic the main film looked but as soon as it's Real Lego In The Real World the difference is obvious somehow but really hard to put my finger on quite why.

This discussion has been closed.