As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    What company makes gumbo soup? I'm not sure I've ever spotted that on the shelves around here.

https://www.campbells.com/campbell-soup/chunky/grilled-chicken-and-sausage-gumbo/

Don't know how it tastes, but their clam chowder and sirloin burger is pretty tasty.

see317 on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fascinating!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    What company makes gumbo soup? I'm not sure I've ever spotted that on the shelves around here.

I bought these:

large_5fed0392-b576-465b-a148-c5a195f08e5a.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The only pretzel crust I ever tried had a crust that was about 10% rock salt by volume.

I'm beginning to think that your local Little Caesar's is at the far end of the quality bell curve, bowen.

Edit: I'm also willing to concede that pizza is probably more of a general skill in New York than it is in Oklahoma.

Oh yeah that's fair.

Even in the middle of nowhere NY there's about 4 pizza joints.

When I went to my brothers for Christmas in semi-urban alabama the closest pizza place was like 45 minute drive... and the next option was Papa Murphy. My brother was okay with it but I felt like Digiorno makes a better pizza than papa murphy.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's not great around here, pizza-wise! It's good that we have barbecue to drown our sorrows in.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    It's funny actually our little caesars is right next door to legit one of the best pizza joints in the area. It has its own little subroad off the main road. On fridays, little caesar's traffic will feed into the right lane of the 4 lane road (2 north, 2 south) sometimes. The other pizza joint will have nowhere to park and people will start parking aalong that subroad.

It's a surreal experience to see both of them packed to the gills.

And about 1/8th of the mile down the road is Dominos with 2 cars.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    that's two too many

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Probably the delivery drivers!

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I stopped at a Jersey Mike's for a quick bite and managed to sit behind two young teens that were in the middle of breaking up.

Teenage boys are pretty awful but this sub is good.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Any fans of GBBO/Great British Baking Show? Anya just told @Moriveth that the corn muffins he’d baked for dinner were over-baked and had caught on the bottom.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Any fans of GBBO/Great British Baking Show? Anya just told @Moriveth that the corn muffins he’d baked for dinner were over-baked and had caught on the bottom.

Moriveth's not going to get a Hollywood Handshake™ with baking like that.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    *Anya shakes head*
    "Sorry daddy, that's just a bad bake."

#pipe on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    That happens because it's overbaked? I always assumed it just meant a bad nonstick coating.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular

4ddppf6h169p.png

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That happens because it's overbaked? I always assumed it just meant a bad nonstick coating.

“Caught” in England means slightly burnt, or on the edge of burning,.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »

4ddppf6h169p.png

I've had this. It was...okay I guess. I'd rather just make jambalaya in my crockpot again.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

4ddppf6h169p.png

this actually made me dry heave

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I... I bought that yesterday for the forecast snowpocalypse (4 inches predicted)

SHUT UP! Don't judge me!

I'm judging myself already

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I... I bought that yesterday for the forecast snowpocalypse (4 inches predicted)

Where do you live, again?

I've spent half the last two weeks indoors between subzero temps and snow. 4 inches is just "stay inside until the plows come through". But this is MN, so we have a huge fleet of trucks for handling snow.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

4ddppf6h169p.png

I've had this. It was...okay I guess. I'd rather just make jambalaya in my crockpot again.

Got a preferred recipe?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Those Campbell's chunky gumbo canned soups are great!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I mean, 4 inches is more than enough to ground me at home, no way I can drive in my car in this and they’re not going to plow our roads here.

I’m glad I stocked up on food and the chili and corn muffins we took from our stock tasted great tonight!

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Insert "NOPE" meme-image of your choice here.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I mean, 4 inches is more than enough to ground me at home, no way I can drive in my car in this and they’re not going to plow our roads here.

Yeah, I’ve been trying to keep myself from making fun of traditionally warmer areas people’s reactions to very little snow, of late. It’s easy to forget that not everyone even thinks about things like snow tires or sidewalk salt or Fool’s April.

rdctdhofefed.jpeg
    (Harvested via FB)

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Those Campbell's chunky gumbo canned soups are great!

You're goddamned right, JD!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Just so everyone is on the same page, Saturday February 9th, which is today, is National Pizza Day.

sig.gif
    edited February 2019

Yeah, I’ve been trying to keep myself from making fun of traditionally warmer areas people’s reactions to very little snow, of late. It’s easy to forget that not everyone even thinks about things like snow tires or sidewalk salt or Fool’s April.

Yeah, like us... fuck

I had made an appointment to get all-weather tires put on my car this morning.

Woke up to 14” of snow and it’s still going.

Janson on
    Polaritie wrote: »

Where do you live, again?

I've spent half the last two weeks indoors between subzero temps and snow. 4 inches is just "stay inside until the plows come through". But this is MN, so we have a huge fleet of trucks for handling snow.

I'm in Portland, OR. We typically don't get much more than some ice, so the sudden onset of snow is a thing for us.

IT'S PANIC TIME PEOPLE!

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    There was a few big dumps of snow here in Vancouver last year where we don't get snow very often.

The stores all sold out of sidewalk salt so the city was sponsoring giving everyone who needed it like a pound or two of salt for free from their reserves. Just show up to a fire station and a firefighter will shovel some into a bag for you.

Soon after this started all the salt from the fire stations was gone too, and suddenly listings started showing up on Craigslist for 1 lb of salt for $50.

Madican wrote: »

4ddppf6h169p.png

Got a preferred recipe?

I'd have to dig around in my files to see if I remembered to save it. Made it the once because while very delicious it was also a little costly with the shrimp. Made a lot though, so it balanced out, actually not sure why I didn't make it again and now I want it. So I guess I'm going digging.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm about to eat ShakeShack for the first time ever oh boy oh boy

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    f58kqepwl4l2.jpg

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A DOG SPECIFIC MENU ITEM

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

“Caught” in England means slightly burnt, or on the edge of burning,.

Haha ooooh. Thank you. :razz:

Good burg, nice crunchy fries, milkshake is basically blended ice cream, 10/10 would go again.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I ate a large Dominos for dinner and now my stomach hurts and I'm full of regret (and pizza)

Okay @Commander Zoom I found the print-out of the one I used, so I'll just link where I got it from.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/73634/colleens-slow-cooker-jambalaya/

Though in my case I cooked up a thing of rice first and added it into the crockpot with everything else.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    PSA:

the cookie dough flavor of gelato fiasco tastes like dust and sadness

Do not purchase it

This discussion has been closed.