As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Anyone who says this season was awful is being really weird about the patriots winning

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Rams chiefs, rams saints 1, and both patriots chiefs games were like top 10 games all time

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Anyone who says this season was awful is being really weird about the patriots winning

my statement has little to do with the patriots and everything to do with the NFL producing an awful product combined with the fairly abysmal records of most teams

patriots are a product of the NFLs hypocritical stance on fairness and objectivity

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I believe it's a/the strength & conditioning coach, and that's his role on gameday. I remember seeing a story before the game that he had surgery or something and wasn't at the Super Bowl, so maybe that's why the Rams lost.

Every team has someone designated the "get back coach" during games.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

my statement has little to do with the patriots and everything to do with the NFL producing an awful product combined with the fairly abysmal records of most teams

patriots are a product of the NFLs hypocritical stance on fairness and objectivity

I don’t get the fairly abysmal records complaint

There will be bad teams. Someone has to lose games. It didn’t seem any more bad than usual. Roughly half the league was over .500

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Quality of play was very poor overall this year.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Quality of play was very poor overall this year.

More off season activities would help with that. They don’t need to have any contact. Just more time on route running and recognition, playbook development, film breakdown, etc.

One of the Patriot’s quiet advantages is that Brady keeps practising with his receivers in the off season. Edelman and Brady’s connection happens in part because they’re literally doing it through the entire year.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

?
    The pats continue winning because they have decent coaching and strong economic rigor with their deals. If other teams copied the way they did signing/staff management they'd see similar results over time.
    Most teams overvalue big names and don't have the patience to play the long game of developing talent and letting franchise players go.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm mostly surprised that Drew hasn't moved onto a new shtick by now, but I suppose that Guy Who Is Really Angry About Things And Tells You Why They Suck is a viable career choice for white men.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

The ability to be a martyr even when your team wins isn't really an admirable one.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I thought, from a purely football perspective, this was a pretty good season.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The first four weeks or so are still a total shit show and that needs to be rectified. The dysfunction in the early part of the season is how Houston keeps making it into the playoffs only to get completely outclassed by a mediocre opponent

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

The worst thing about this year was the officiating.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    The first four weeks or so are still a total shit show and that needs to be rectified. The dysfunction in the early part of the season is how Houston keeps making it into the playoffs only to get completely outclassed by a mediocre opponent

You mean the Houston "started this season 0-3" Texans?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

The worst thing about this year was the officiating.

Nathan Peterman started more than one game

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    During the regular season at least I felt like this year was the year a whole bunch of teams came into their own and became competitive. It felt like the year with the best chance that someone would beat the fuckin patriots that I can remember.

Then the post season happened and welp.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

You mean the Houston "started this season 0-3" Texans?

I didn't realize they stared 0-3 but if Indy and Dallas has their shit together they wood have been 0-5

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I agree on the first 4 weeks. Discard them and we have playoff football in Cleveland.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Houston Texans made several changes to their coaching staff on Tuesday, including promoting tight ends coach Tim Kelly to offensive coordinator and hiring former linebacker Brian Cushing as an assistant strength and conditioning coach, the team announced.
    Cushing would be suspended for the first four games of the 2010 season for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substances policy
    On September 13, 2017, Cushing was suspended for ten games for again violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Cool

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It is a little weird taking the guy who got busted for PEDs twice as the strength and conditioning coach.

I don’t think I’d take a single supplement he pitched.

• Options
    the nfl gave the super bowl mvp to a guy who was suspended for peds this season

they don't give a shit

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

The owners have been mortgaging the quality of the game via a less and less regimented offseason in order to backstop thier draconian business practices for the last couple negotiations with the players union. It was only a matter of time before it started to really maim the product. The first three games being lousy, rules being more and more confusing to protect players who lack conditioning and an over reliance on selling stars to the point they get wildly unfair treatment from the refs are all a direct result of placing short term money over the long term quality of the game.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

they don't give a shit

In their defense...their only other choice was a punter.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hawkstone wrote: »

they don't give a shit

In their defense...their only other choice was a punter.

If the defense can be a single position in fantasy, it should be eligible for the MVP as well. The MVP was the NE DEF. (Also, it should have been Gilmore, and would have been Hightower if he caught that pick.)

Madpoet on
  • Options
    It’s worth noting the nfl has nothing to do with mvp selection

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It’s worth noting the nfl has nothing to do with mvp selection

And, as much as I hate the Patriots, he was far and away the most valuable player on the field Sunday. Without him, the game is maybe 6-3, or 3-0 with the Rams winning.

Marathon on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fuck it, just let them use PEDs. Especially if they're trying to rehabilitate an injury. TB12 for all, y'all!

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Fuck it, just let them use PEDs. Especially if they're trying to rehabilitate an injury. TB12 for all, y'all!

i imagine the peds that tom brady takes were left out of his quack doctor book.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Yeah Edelman ate the suspension because his PED-free recovery would have been longer

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

?
    The pats continue winning because they have decent coaching and strong economic rigor with their deals. If other teams copied the way they did signing/staff management they'd see similar results over time.
    Most teams overvalue big names and don't have the patience to play the long game of developing talent and letting franchise players go.

I think decent coaching is probably selling it short. I was listening to a podcast today that was talking about how good Belichick is at not just game to game planning but also scheme changes based on personal.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »

?

I think decent coaching is probably selling it short. I was listening to a podcast today that was talking about how good Belichick is at not just game to game planning but also scheme changes based on personal.

Oh, I know, but he's also had plenty of missteps (see Pats vs Dolphins basically every year) and while I think he's very, very good, a big piece of it is their approach to personnel management and practice regimes as you don't have any anchor contracts like every other team seems to get.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Rams chiefs, rams saints 1, and both patriots chiefs games were like top 10 games all time

Rams / Vikings score-a-palooza was really fun to watch as well.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Baker Mayfield and the browns were fun to watch even his miked up video shows it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAkn40mBEy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAf7oXwE1A

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I think we might see a 80+ combined points game

Man this didn't age well

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I was expecting him to be like 38 or something

He's 25. Dude, just hope you can walk in 20 years. Don't worry about playing football.

• Options

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/06/steelers-antonio-brown-domestic-dispute/
    Per the report the mother of Brown’s daughter, Wiltrice Jackson, accused Brown of pushing her with two hands and knocking her to the ground after an argument about money for their daughter’s hair appointment. “Brown refused to move from the doorway. Jackson stated Brown used both hands to push her out of the doorway, causing Jackson to fall backwards to the ground,” the incident report says. Police say when a crime scene tech responded to the incident to take photos that the woman refused to complete a victim affidavit. Police say the woman was given a case number, a domestic violence brochure, and information on how to file a restraining order. Brown was not arrested in the incident.

• Options
    2 more days until I get to see the sky judge <3

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.