As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I don't know how battle royale games work, am I being a turd for leaving the match once my squad is dead?

Nope! You can't do any more good at that point, you're out of the match

So wait, the respawn at a beacon thing, is there a time limit on how long you can do that after your teammate dies?

There is a time limit to pick up their banner from their loot chest. If you have that you have all the time in the world to actually respawn them.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Correct
    but he said his whole squad had died and there's no helping that

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Managed to take out my first squad today

that felt fucking exhilarating

8406wWN.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I'm gonna need a group to play this cause people run away at the mere sight of a gunfight.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Had a game where I personally wiped two entire squads

I AM A GOLDEN GOD

I mean, we lost in the end. But still.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Yo the legendary sniper scope with thread detection and 4-10x zoom is nice

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Mannnnn being one of two squads left, but I've got a prowler and a wingman with no optics while everyone else fights at range...feels bad. We just barely lost, if I'd had anything I could aim we could have swung it. I was the robo and started to Zipline over but that was suicide.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    A loss in the game, but a win in my heart.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJoINCPhe6M
    xBHP5FVl.jpg

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My gosh I am so bad at this game

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Three chicken dinners tonight, two of them back to back as our last games.

Yeah, that's a high note I'll end an evening on.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    had a match where both of my teammates just randomly dropped from the match about 5 minutes in.

I managed to solo myself into the top three squads.

Only managed two knockdowns and no kills from picking off people at the edges of firefights but I'm feeling pretty okay about that.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Fuck, the weapons feel so good in this game.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I’ve only tried this for a couple rounds, but I’m having difficulty parsing what I’m picking up easily. Like, the guns don’t pop for me so I have no idea if I should grab it, and the multiple ammos don’t really give me an idea of what I should take.

Pubg gets around this because the guns are real and I am familiar with them.

I guess I could get used to it but when you’re panicking to get your first gun and want all pickups to last .5 seconds so you don’t get killed, it sucks to be like uh so what’s this gun with the super long name? What ammo does it use????

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    edited February 2019
    cursedking wrote: »
    I’ve only tried this for a couple rounds, but I’m having difficulty parsing what I’m picking up easily. Like, the guns don’t pop for me so I have no idea if I should grab it, and the multiple ammos don’t really give me an idea of what I should take.

Pubg gets around this because the guns are real and I am familiar with them.

I guess I could get used to it but when you’re panicking to get your first gun and want all pickups to last .5 seconds so you don’t get killed, it sucks to be like uh so what’s this gun with the super long name? What ammo does it use????

Guns are color coded to their ammo in the bottom right. Teal is heavy, that coppery color is light, red is shotty, green is energy. The kraber gold sniper and mastiff gold shotgun are special and come with the only ammo they will ever have.

You can also try all the guns in the training mode, but not the attachments which is def an oversight. They really need a training mode that lets you be any legend as well just for practice with abilities.

Really good purple mods include: the skull piercer for wingman, which makes the best pistol in the game do even more on headshot (seriously,thing is a really accurate hand cannon). The purple choke for the peacekeeper shotgun turns it into an almost rail gun that charges and tightens spread while you ads (gun will glow). And the fire mode selector turns the burst smg prowler into a full auto ammo dumping beast.

For optics a lot of people like the gold ones that highlight enemies red.

QuantumTurk on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    On an earlier note, if you're dead but your squad is still up don't leave, even if your beacon expires. Your XP gain for the match is based in the person in your squad who survives the longest, not on how long you do.

I'm finally getting a handle on shooting and it makes the game more fun! The legendary extended mag gives an lmg 60 shots, it's outrageous

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will say the sound design on the guns is pretty fuckin good, even the light pistols sound bad as fuck

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Just finished Titanfall 2 and I forgot that the mercenary group you fight in that game is Apex.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also how long till the Smart Pistol is added as some super rare call in perk or something.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    TBH the smart pistol would probably be flat ass in this game. Considering the only actual way to make it good was either as a mass NPC farming tool or by wall running as hard as you can and praying your opponent can't aim.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The Smart Pistol could get an equivalent nerf to the other guns where a lock on takes a full five seconds, the targets get a blaring alarm they are being locked into and a clip size only capable of taking out one and a half people, and still get massive complaints

Hell, un-nerfed it wouldn’t be outrageous

VRXwDW7.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I used the CAR a lot in Titanfall and I'm a little surprised it's not in Apex Legends. I guess they didn't want multiple light or heavy ammo guns of the same class.

Do gold guns just spawn randomly? I looted a gold R-301 off someone. It was early in the game and there hadn't been supply drops yet. I've also only seen the Kraber and the Mastiff from supply drops.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    The Smart Pistol could get an equivalent nerf to the other guns where a lock on takes a full five seconds, the targets get a blaring alarm they are being locked into and a clip size only capable of taking out one and a half people, and still get massive complaints

Hell, un-nerfed it wouldn’t be outrageous

The Smart Pistol was an incredible bit of design that worked both as a new player tool and as a niche weapon for better players who wanted to turbo farm titans off of NPC's.

That it was made completely obselete in 2 and was hated by the community is proof that nerds should never be listened too.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Smart pistol was fine on console, the superior shooter platform.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I used the CAR a lot in Titanfall and I'm a little surprised it's not in Apex Legends. I guess they didn't want multiple light or heavy ammo guns of the same class.

Do gold guns just spawn randomly? I looted a gold R-301 off someone. It was early in the game and there hadn't been supply drops yet. I've also only seen the Kraber and the Mastiff from supply drops.

Kramer and Mastiff come only from supply drops yeah. The other gold guns are just fully kitted-out versions of whatever base platform, I think they're mainly in the blue hot zones / maybe supply ships?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The mobility of Titanfall is what made the smart pistol good. I could dance around someone while the shots lined up and typically win most 1v1s long before they could kill me with those silly guns that required aim (on PC).

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Grabbed a quick match this morning. Had a teammate solo drop and die, but the 2 of us remaining worked out a pretty good system of his gas bombs (caustic) plus my shield dome (Gibby). Then I forgot i had my ult and died with it unused. Whoops.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Just turn around and roundhouse kick the guy with the Smart Pistol, you have plenty of time

VRXwDW7.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Has anyone else on PC been getting kicks due to "cheating"?

Veldrin on
    I believe there is always one gold gun in the first blue zone.

Or so I have been told.

TBH the smart pistol would probably be flat ass in this game. Considering the only actual way to make it good was either as a mass NPC farming tool or by wall running as hard as you can and praying your opponent can't aim.
    You could get the 2 version where it locks on way faster.

Inquisitor wrote: »

Or so I have been told.

I've yet to find one of those

Steam ID
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Or so I have been told.

I've yet to find one of those

My group went 2 for 2 last night doing that but maybe just really lucky.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    On PSN as ScrimpScampi, having fun so far in matches where I die very fast and sometimes people make fun of my lack of voice chat.

I like the art style and I like how it reminds me vaguely of dear departed Brink.

Tried to add you but it said I couldn’t because of the recipient’s settings

Oh weird I'll take a look at that. Ah, had the privacy stuff all set to No One. People can add me now, and should! I'm not very good yet but I'm starting to get a little better at not dying.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Had a game where a loot drop had a maStiff, but we ended up in the hanging cage at the Thunderdome so i switched it out with an R-300 with a scope. Against white armor at close range it’s probably an instant kill, the long fire time for the second shot makes purple armor tricky. It’s why the gun is hard but rewarding in Titanfall.
    Also, a resource:
    http://apexlegendsmap.net/

VRXwDW7.png
    So this game seems very good and I am definitely enjoying the battle royale genre more than I thought I would but I still don't know if I'm actually having fun, I've had three kills in seven matches and they were all in the first minute of the first match, everything else has been me getting pretty much helplessly slaughtered which is definitely what I anticipated would happen but still maybe not actually fun

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I could see the smart pistol being the ult if they ever add in a Pilot legend.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    So this game seems very good and I am definitely enjoying the battle royale genre more than I thought I would but I still don't know if I'm actually having fun, I've had three kills in seven matches and they were all in the first minute of the first match, everything else has been me getting pretty much helplessly slaughtered which is definitely what I anticipated would happen but still maybe not actually fun
    It takes a several matches before you get a bit more consistent, I think. Seems like it's a good idea to land at a high-tier loot zone that's not too close to the path of the dropship, and to get there faster than anyone else dropping to it. Gets you enough killiness to be competitive against most any other squads you might run into for the next town or so, and has a decent chance of getting an uncontested drop, and when it is contested it's usually light.

Oh yeah that's another thing you should have to like volunteer for jumpmaster or something, the game needs to BIG TIME stop making me the jumpmaster because I have literally no idea what I'm doing, I aim for whatever looks interesting unless someone suggests something

Oh yeah that's another thing you should have to like volunteer for jumpmaster or something, the game needs to BIG TIME stop making me the jumpmaster because I have literally no idea what I'm doing, I aim for whatever looks interesting unless someone suggests something

The person who's last to pick their character is the jumpmaster. You can pass the job onto someone else if you want

Steam ID
    I do want