As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I miraculously got red orbs, which is good, since I was fine with any of the red units. ....Of course, I got the closest thing to a dud, Summer Tana, who I already have. But then again she is one of my favorites, so I shouldn't complain. I've got to keep saving orbs for Myrrh tho....

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Got distant counter for my free pull

So now Duma has distant counter

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spring Catria, +Atk/-Def. Not terrible, she has a lot of debuffs.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Got Christmas Fae from the special banner. My cup overfloweth with green dragons.

Seriously, all of the 5-star exclusive dragons I have are green (Fae, Myrrh, Adrift Corrin). My potential Dragon Emblem team is looking a bit unbalanced now.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    The summoning gods were smiling on my free 5* - I got Micaiah, which was exactly what I wanted.

Other free pulls going for Ike all got me Stahls, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got NY!Form, who I already have two of. Figures.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Got Mia on my free pull of the daily banner! I can merge to help offset the other I had.

I only got blue and grey orbs for the year 2 banner, but got dancer Ryoma! New unit which works!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I got Winter Eirika, which is fine, I guess.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Four colorless and a green, farewell reds. Got a Noire which is...someone's getting infantry rush, I guess? +8 dragonflowers from the ordeal.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I got Winter Eirika, which is fine, I guess.

Armored Healer isn't terrible, since she can bring ward or march without sacrificing offense for people. And also gets the benefit of ward balls, etc.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I got a Easter alphonse with better iv so I guess that is good

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Got a New Year's Hrid, with the same crappy IVs as the one I already have, bah. Next free pull gave me Roy, meh. Then I got my first Mia, and she's +Spd/-Res, yay!

• Options
    I hate how many "defense" setups basically amount to making it so their units can't move ever until you break them out in order to waste turns.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah. It's really annoying to spend 2 - 3 turns just clearing crap out of the way. I've sent a suggestion that they start the turn counter after the first attack, if that's even possible in the engine.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Bleh, I am 10 dew away from giving Nino her refine. Hopefully Tempest Trials has some stone and/or dew rewards right away. Although I did waste a few promotions on cleaning up some stuff, like giving Laslow, finally, his Armorslayer+ (he was using normal Armorslayer) which I upgraded to Armorsmasher+ (and I'm out of refining stones to give *that* a refine). I also finally decided to swap my 5* Soleil over to +SPD from +ATK, so I wasted 20k feathers on that. So my +10 Nino project took a little bit of a hit there, but hey, she's up to +6 already.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I don't understand these heroic ordeals. Why are some of them worth 2 flowers and have level 30 enemies, while some are worth 8 and level 35 enemies, and then some worth 40 and level 40? On that last front, I am getting nowhere on Naesala's trial with a 4* version of him, good lord.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I don't understand these heroic ordeals. Why are some of them worth 2 flowers and have level 30 enemies, while some are worth 8 and level 35 enemies, and then some worth 40 and level 40? On that last front, I am getting nowhere on Naesala's trial with a 4* version of him, good lord.

The rewards are based on how recently the hero was added. Launch heroes are 1, the latest batch are 40.

I'm not sure about difficulty.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh, that makes sense. I guess they reduce the difficulty as the reward scales down.

I suppose I should prioritize finishing these purple 40 and red 8 rewards before the rewards age down.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh, that makes sense. I guess they reduce the difficulty as the reward scales down.

I suppose I should prioritize finishing these purple 40 and red 8 rewards before the rewards age down.

I don't suspect they'll change the rewards. More likely they'll just make next year's heroes worth 80 flowers or something. There will be so many more heroes in the game at that point, it's not like you'll be able to use dragonflowers on all of them. Plus they could always just bump the cost of newer heroes at that time to cost more dragonflowers to stat up, or pull what they did with infantry now and allow older ones to go up to 10 or something (in other words, accounting for power creep).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    This monster just ended my perfect arena run.

efshbgfkut0n.png

• Options
    Huh. Titania doesn't seem very good? She deserves better.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

Yeah, her skills are really poor. Her weapon is nice, but her growths are... eh.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    This monster just ended my perfect arena run.

efshbgfkut0n.png

Truly an absolute unit.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    So I pulled two copies of Kliff during the Duma banner, and I've also had some Steady / Warding breath fodder chilling in my barracks for far too long. I already have a +10 Nowi with Steady Breath, so anyone got suggestions on a common unit who can really shine with these? Sheena is an obvious choice but I feel like Surtr has largely stolen her thunder, even at low merges. Gwendolyn can actually get kinda silly with Berkut's Lance but also sorta steps on the toes of my existing Nowi.

It'd be kind of nice to settle on a green to +10 during the process to round out with Soleil and Nowi, though. I'm sure Fae seems like the obvious choice to most but I'm not really sure how she should be built (all in as a Res tank, or bother with mixed defenses, etc). Beruka actually seems like a surprisingly good option for Fortress Def/Res given that she can wield the Hack-o-Lantern and also potentially offer up Guidance support while being a brick wall, but I'm still just generally unsure how to use some of these rarer inheritance fodder.

• Options
    edited February 2019

I find her very good as a blue check for arena assault. I was actually glad her new weapon kept the emerald axe effect for this reason, even though I'm sure others hated it :P She saves my butt vs L!Tiki once per run on Earth weeks tho :P

Side note, I am now through all the Heroic Ordeals that award meaningful dragonflowers. Just the 2 flower heroes left, and even through a good chunk of those. Shame the older heroes give so few - I actually enjoy having an excuse to use all the scrubs for something :3

Edit: Wooooo, guaranteed tier 20 aether raids. Got a 150 and then like a 130. I calculated I only needed 150 points even with the worst loss (-80) to stay.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ok, now I've burned all my luck for the forseable future:
    gNdswfX.jpg?1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wonder when they will reveal the winners of the find and vote. Probably closer to the Feb 24 banner so they don't lose all hype in the meantime.

Acheron on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I don't know if I should revive the general Fire Emblem thread instead of posting this here, but maybe some FE:3H news coming up?

NintendoSoup saying: "Official Nintendo Youtube Channel Uploads Private Video To Fire Emblem Playlist"

• Options
    Friendly reminder that NintendoSoup is garbage. They don't mention that that Playlist was last updated in October 2018.

• Options
    Minerva and Valentine Roy from the banner free pulls. Okay game, okay.

Garbage IVs but I didn't have either, so here's to a few more dragonflowers.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    As much as I love the ability to further boost my favorite units, the dragonflower reward scheme (massively favoring newer units, almost nothing for heroic ordeals done by the oldest units) is a pretty huge and not-so-subtle bit of scummy gacha design. Huge incentive for the acquisition of at least one copy of any given new unit.

The bane removal merge changes are actually kind of similar, in this regard. Makes you reaaally want to get a second copy of a unit just to get that valuable initial merge. What's the amount of extra orbs your average user needs to burn to get not just one, but two copies of their favorite new unit in a banner? $$$ in the bank for them.

Definitely not a coincidence that the abovementioned changes, alongside the addition of Mythic heroes and their unique Aether Raid benefits, have come hot on the heels of the December decline in player spending.

That said, even the worst of FEH's gacha tactics are far less noxious than just about any other major gacha out there. I'm actually encouraged that they're doing it in a way that's not all that bad for the game and manages to include some nice, universal QOL features.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Friendly reminder that NintendoSoup is garbage. They don't mention that that Playlist was last updated in October 2018.

Oops, thanks for the heads up/correction on that.

• Options

FWIW there are strong rumors of a Direct on Wednesday. Almost certainly we would have to see Fire Emblem there if it's still on schedule at all

• Options

Well, there is gonna be a Direct tomorrow with info on Three Houses, but that playlist is still irrevelant. If they added a new video, it would've been at the top of the playlist, not the bottom.

• Options
    The Cherche/Virion BHB is more brutal than I expected, on account of the red flier having Air Orders 3, which somehow I completely missed what with it being introduced on the hot springs Hinoka.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    There, merge project done
    4rlradqb5gch.png

I was trying her out at like +6 and even then she was insane. Like 86x2 damage. Lolz

Tempted to hold off on future merge projects for a bit in an effort to get everyone (at least from the 3*/4* pool) to at least +1 to remove their banes.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I got a 4* Tiki as my free pull from the Tiki banner.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Well there's two new banners today. I pull on the one with Amelia first since she's my favorite, but no luck. So I go to the other banner and figure I may as well try for a Nino. Who do I pull? Amelia! This game...

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    5* Seth and hinata off my free pulls. Also nabbed a reyson

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I hope Fire Emblem: Three Houses becomes the new Fateswakening, because the aesthetic on display there is definitely my jam.