As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    The corny-ness of all of mirages quips and actions really makes it for me. Everyone else is pretty serious, let me be bad and dance execute people

PSN SeGaTai
  • SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    I've been having a rough time with this game so far. First I got stuck in the tutorial after I finished it, then I just couldn't join any games yesterday.

Got into my first match today and I got teamed up with....no one. Is that common? I got stomped by a team shortly after landing. Was fun watching them look around for my non-existent teammates though.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    SledGod wrote: »
    I've been having a rough time with this game so far. First I got stuck in the tutorial after I finished it, then I just couldn't join any games yesterday.

Got into my first match today and I got teamed up with....no one. Is that common? I got stomped by a team shortly after landing. Was fun watching them look around for my non-existent teammates though.

I've only had it happen a handful of times. Every so often a friend and I will end up just the two of us. I'd guess 10% at most that it has happened.

@pablo_price - Do feel free to add me on Origin. Vamenn is my user. I'm not a skilled player by any means but my friends and I that I play with are friendly at least ! =). If we're playing and have room, we'd love for you to join.
    And if I AM good at anything, it's rez'ing or getting downed friends to a dropship =).

vamen on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I'm actually playing on xbox. Thanks, though.

• GlyphGryphGlyphGryph Registered User regular
    For all the frustration of getting matched with people who immediately disappear, this game actually has its hooks in me deep.

If anyone wants to add me, I'm LoonRancid in game, would love to have some reliable people to pop in with now and again. Is there some group or anything we've got? Not really sure how that bit works.

Warning: I'm not good at this game

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    GlyphGryph wrote: »
    For all the frustration of getting matched with people who immediately disappear, this game actually has its hooks in me deep.

If anyone wants to add me, I'm LoonRancid in game, would love to have some reliable people to pop in with now and again. Is there some group or anything we've got? Not really sure how that bit works.

Warning: I'm not good at this game

There’s a google doc in the OP where you can add yourself and also add everyone else on the list to find other forumers to play with. You should do that!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm actually playing on xbox. Thanks, though.

Ah right, I forgot it was console too =).

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    before i went to sleep lastnight I was watching the Streamer "MewnFare" absolutely Merc'ing players with the "wingman" + attachments....doing like 90 damage per shot in some instances. was nutty.....

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I got a pretty greasy team wipe with a wingman yesterday, it slaps in the early game but you've got to hit your shots and better if they're crits.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    before i went to sleep lastnight I was watching the Streamer "MewnFare" absolutely Merc'ing players with the "wingman" + attachments....doing like 90 damage per shot in some instances. was nutty.....

Yeah just like in TF, if you can hit your crits with it the Wingman will decimate people. If you don't... Well it won't go as well. Four headshots should kill anyone unless you give them a chance to heal. And if they have taken any damage at all you will probably get it done in 3 shots.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MewnFare used to be a Heroes of the Storm streamer. He's pretty well known for being salty and complaining constantly. At least, that's how he was for HotS. Maybe a different game has a different impact on his demeanor.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    What's the rule of thumb for when it's better to aim down sights? Does it actually tighten your recoil, or is it only for zoom?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    What's this I hear about "charged" peacekeeper shots?

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Ads and it charges and tightens spread if you have the purple choke for it.

Zek wrote: »
    What's the rule of thumb for when it's better to aim down sights? Does it actually tighten your recoil, or is it only for zoom?

Pretty sure it tightens the spread if not also the recoil

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

You can hold down the trigger to charge it up, similar to a Fusion Rifle in Destiny

I didn't realize until I saw a teammate doing it when I died

Oh you need a specific attachment?

Local H Jay on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh man, my rando teammates died at 5 minutes and 8 minutes, and I couldn't recover either of their bodies. I survived another 17 minutes until the penultimate circle, doing 1300 damage and getting 2 kills along the way. Died with 2 other squads remaining, a duo and a trio. Mirage is awesome.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Managing to recover two downed teammates is immensely satisfying.

You can hold down the trigger to charge it up, similar to a Fusion Rifle in Destiny

i may be wrong but i don't think you hold the trigger, just aim down the sights and the gun glows more.

i may be wrong but i don't think you hold the trigger, just aim down the sights and the gun glows more.

Hmm I'll have to mess with it. I much prefer the auto shotty but have been fucked up by the Peacekeeper before.

Man, I just dropped with my squad into the Airfield while it had the blue High Tier circle, landed in a trio of supply crates next to a dropship. All four things had zero guns in them, just armor and meds and ammo. And then we had to fight a 2v3, essentially, where I'm climbing up on buildings and dropkicking people because I can't shoot them, lol.

On the one hand, it was stupid as shit. On the other hand, dropkicking people and knocking them down is awesome.

any guide to which places have high tier loot or is it just random?

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    Today's lesson: don't play on Saturday morning if you're still learning the ropes ;)

Thanks for the games, Zek.

edited February 2019

Pretty much every named area on the map will have some loot. There are tiers to each area and some naturally yield better loot. The ones I know of to have high tier loot are Thunderdome, Relay, and Hydrodam. And of course, the random areas would be the blue zone which is the 'Hot Zone' and the Supply Ship that flies around and eventually lands on the map.

There's also supply drops that fall within the circle each time it shrinks, those can have epic yellow-tier guns, gear and healing items.

Local H Jay on
    I like how the supply drops can land in some pretty wild places. High on exposed cliffs, tucked inside building walls; they're not always out in the open. It is fun to hunt them down.

CHICKEN DINNER. Actually was helpful, turns out no one likes popping their head up when 1-2 flatlines are just laying down fire.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm really enjoying this. I'm bad at it, but it's fun.

I only get frustrated with how difficult it can be to find any weapon sometimes.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Teammate of mine went down...

I kill the squad who was on him and grab his key card to revive...only for him to rage quit while I'm about to use the terminal right next to us.

I don't get people sometimes.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I just put my name on the google doc, I could use more teammates.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

http://apexlegendsmap.net/

Have fun

VRXwDW7.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I've been surprised at how often nobody drops in the hot zone. Especially if it's at the far end of the island, people are rarely willing to wait that long to drop, so you'll often have the place to yourself. Same for supply drops, so many people are afraid to go near them that they're often uncontested.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

Hmm I'll have to mess with it. I much prefer the auto shotty but have been fucked up by the Peacekeeper before.

Once you get the precision choke, when you are ADS you'll see a circle slowly converge which will basically focus all the pellets into a single point or close to it. It takes about 2 seconds to get to max convergence and the nice thing is it takes about 1 second to reset so you can maintain convergence by ADS, then sprinting/moving a little, and then ADSing again to keep charge. Really nice for giving the peacekeeper a "slug" fire that lets it perform even at mid/long distances and I don't think it's super overpowered or anything thanks to the charge time.

I haven't tested the Triple take with it but I assume the precision choke focuses all 3 shots into a single one, which makes it much work better as a sniper rifle

Orphane on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Melee is better than the Mozambique, right?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Melee is better than the Mozambique, right?

my friend gave the Mozambique a try and was....not impressed

Orphane on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mozambique is better than melee, I've gotten a couple kills with it during the immediate post-drop fights.

Mozambique works great in the earlier game, to take down others quickly with no shields. Late game, you should swap it out absolutely. There are better shotguns

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It's got good hipfire and high alpha, so some peek-shooting with the speed of hipfire strafing is good for getting that little bit of extra oomph out of it.

Say, that one upgrade that gives the peacekeeper a tighter spread and a charged shot. That goes on the triple tap too, doesn't it? Does it give the triple tap a charged shot as well?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So I might join in on this

Quick question, tho: I preferred PUBG to Fortnite's gameplay, which felt just gummy and light and inconsequential. How does this stack up to a non-cheater-filled PUBG match, and should I give it a shot?

jungleroomx on
    The pace of the game is faster. The map is smaller, so even with less people in it there's more action. There are no vehicles but there are plenty of ziplines.

Time to kill is longer; engagements between squads will usually turn into 3-4 squad battles. It's a lot of fun.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    The pace of the game is faster. The map is smaller, so even with less people in it there's more action. There are no vehicles but there are plenty of ziplines.

Time to kill is longer; engagements between squads will usually turn into 3-4 squad battles. It's a lot of fun.

This sounds promising.

Does the actual shooting feel as feather-light as Fortnite, or is it more like the normal Titanfall feel?