As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Marvel] Thread: Now in WandaVision!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just have to imagine every single person that gets paid to write the word "Dracula" has to high-five themselves after every single time they do so

6F32U1X.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just have to imagine every single person that gets paid to write the word "Dracula" has to high-five themselves after every single time they do so

I bet making Netflix Castlevania was just a party

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Captain Marvel's website is PERIOD APPROPRIATE

CYpGAPn.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's glorious. I might sit here all night clicking the popup granny.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wow. Somebody put a lot of effort into that.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That is a work of art

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    No web rings mentioned, shut it down.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    oh shit it's even got a Stan Lee cameo, awww.
    Scroll alllll the way down. He lights up if you mouseover him.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    no one under 30 made that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Can you sign her guestbook?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    no one under 30 made that

I was about to object before I remembered my age relative to 30

So Immortal Hulk wrapped up its first big overarching plot this week, and it really cemented it as easily the best run the Hulk has had since Planet Hulk and in the running for best take on the character ever. Al Ewing and Joe Bennett are fucking out of control on this book.
    The main plot has revolved around "The Green Door", a gamma-fueled gateway to the darkest depths of Hell. Hulk has been gradually prodded and goaded into opening it by The One Below All (Satan, essentially) as well as the soul of his abusive father. He ended up getting sucked in, along with Puck, Sasquatch, Absorbing Man and Jackie McGee and they find themselves in a wasteland inhabited by the dedicated souls of those they have lost.

Brian Banner, Bruce's dad, split Hulk and Bruce and used Bruce as a conduit for the raw gamma radiation circulating in Hell to open a massive gateway to the Earthly plane and let The One Below All wreak havoc. He also reveals why gamma radiation is so unique in high doses and creates all sorts of monsters ("Gamma radiation is science, it is measurable, observable, it has rules...until it doesn't. Until it makes Hulks and Sasquatches and Leaders. Metaphor people. Until its magic."). Hulk gets an assist from Absorbing Man, who has a full-on face turn and is a hero now, and gets super charged to go confront dear old dad.
    3a5hhdjnfil0.jpg
    iydhsnv5sa41.jpg
    tpzwi7mj6kw3.jpg

The issue ends with everyone getting sent back to Earth, but with no Banner or Hulk in sight and everyone wondering where they are.

Turns out, Bruce is somewhere in the midwest because the final pages are him calling up Betty Ross in the middle of the night in a phone booth, sobbing and saying he needs to come home.

CYpGAPn.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The entire run has been narrated by an ominous voice whose identity has not been revealed yet, so this run isn't even started yet

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I

Love

Al Ewing

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Immortal Hulk wrapped up its first big overarching plot this week, and it really cemented it as easily the best run the Hulk has had since Planet Hulk and in the running for best take on the character ever. Al Ewing and Joe Bennett are fucking out of control on this book.
    The main plot has revolved around "The Green Door", a gamma-fueled gateway to the darkest depths of Hell. Hulk has been gradually prodded and goaded into opening it by The One Below All (Satan, essentially) as well as the soul of his abusive father. He ended up getting sucked in, along with Puck, Sasquatch, Absorbing Man and Jackie McGee and they find themselves in a wasteland inhabited by the dedicated souls of those they have lost.

Brian Banner, Bruce's dad, split Hulk and Bruce and used Bruce as a conduit for the raw gamma radiation circulating in Hell to open a massive gateway to the Earthly plane and let The One Below All wreak havoc. He also reveals why gamma radiation is so unique in high doses and creates all sorts of monsters ("Gamma radiation is science, it is measurable, observable, it has rules...until it doesn't. Until it makes Hulks and Sasquatches and Leaders. Metaphor people. Until its magic."). Hulk gets an assist from Absorbing Man, who has a full-on face turn and is a hero now, and gets super charged to go confront dear old dad.
    3a5hhdjnfil0.jpg
    iydhsnv5sa41.jpg
    tpzwi7mj6kw3.jpg

The issue ends with everyone getting sent back to Earth, but with no Banner or Hulk in sight and everyone wondering where they are.

Turns out, Bruce is somewhere in the midwest because the final pages are him calling up Betty Ross in the middle of the night in a phone booth, sobbing and saying he needs to come home.

I love immortal Hulk
    There was one totally unbelievable part in that issue tho
    a working payphone in 2019?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Boy this Immortal Hulk stuff is some of the first Marvel stuff I’ve seen that makes me want to check it out. Need to make a note to check the library when that hits trade.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Question about Immortal Hulk
    Is this version of Hulk the "Devil Hulk" that been hinted at years ago during PAD's run?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Question about Immortal Hulk
    Is this version of Hulk the "Devil Hulk" that been hinted at years ago during PAD's run?
    it may not be exactly the same entity but that is the name used yes

I don't think it is the same incarnation, personally
    Devil Hulk was full on sadistic capital E Evil

This Hulk is still heroic, albeit in a more ironic, violent way

CYpGAPn.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That is a pretty good Hulk.

edited February 2019
    Avengers: No Road Home's preview has a character pairing that I never knew I wanted
    Hercules barges into a stand-off with the police and an unkown alien threat holed up in a hardware store

Turns out it is Hercules' new best friend: Rocket Raccoon

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it makes so much sense

6vjsgrerts6r.png

like i am jealous of the mind who realized this before me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I

Love

Al Ewing
    I don't think he's capable of writing even a middling story. Every comic of his that I've read has been at the very least solid and competent, and most of them have been just flat-out great.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The Absorbing Man had such a fucking fantastic moment in the last issue of Hulk.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hulu announced they're partnering with Marvel TV for 4 new animated shows and a special
    The streaming network and Marvel will create four new animated series, all executive produced by Jeph Loeb — Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K., Marvel’s Hit-Monkey, Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show and Marvel’s Howard the Duck. The four originals will culminate in Marvel’s The Offenders.

... why wouldn't they just hold on for Disney's streaming service?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Disney owns Hulu so it doesn't really matter? Or maybe they saw that Runaways is one of the best Marvel TV shows and wanted to have something to follow it?

Straightzi wrote: »
    Disney owns Hulu so it doesn't really matter?

Given Marvel can't do anything with the Most Wanted pilot because ABC owns the rights, even though both Marvel & ABC are owned by Disney, I imagine it can matter a great deal.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Actual answer is that they are trying to have Disney+ be a more family friendly solution, which I don't think falls in line with a series called The Offenders (or most non-Ant Man MCU flicks, but I digress). And by broadening the services that they have their Marvel things spread out across, they can make more money from dedicated fans who want to watch everything.

Actual answer is that they are trying to have Disney+ be a more family friendly solution, which I don't think falls in line with a series called The Offenders (or most non-Ant Man MCU flicks, but I digress). And by broadening the services that they have their Marvel things spread out across, they can make more money from dedicated fans who want to watch everything.

There's a gaggle of shows in the works based on those non-Ant-Man movies.

They are being touted as adult-oriented animated comedies and have Kevin Smith and Patton Oswalt writing them

I think they are going to be catering more towards the Adult Swim crowd than Disney+ would care for

CYpGAPn.png

There's a gaggle of shows in the works based on those non-Ant-Man movies.

Yeah, and if they have the amount of murder that their MCU counterparts do I am going to be seriously dubious of their claims to being family friendly.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I wouldnt let my kids watch most MCU movies

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    i'm sorry

we're getting a dazzler show?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Boy I really don't want to have another argument about what's "appropriate for kids" on these forums.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Please note the careful quote marks because we all know the answer to "what's appropriate for kids on these forums" is absolutely nothing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    i'm sorry

A Dazzler and Tigra show. Which is a apairing I had not thought of but am intrigued by.

i'm sorry

Yes but Chelsea Handler is writing it so the monkey's paw takes its toll

CYpGAPn.png
    eaurkwvbxlcz.jpg
    Steve, that jacket is fresh as hell

Apparently WotR has each of the armies of Malekith's forces A) winning and B) claiming a continent for themselves with what heroes are left dividing into teams to try and rebel against the new overlords

This is the team for North America, which is now New Jotunheim

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.