As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47625

Titan skating getting somewhat fixed in the March patch.
    Later this month, we are fixing an issue with the Titan Lift ability that currently allows players, with the use of unconventional inputs (keybinding to mouse scrollwheel, macros, etc.), to reach extremely excessive movement speeds. It will still be possible to maximize your Lift speed by skillfully timing your Lift activation inputs to boost your overall momentum. In other words, “Titan Skating” is still possible, just less excessive.

I feel sorry for them trying to fix this shit cause there's almost no way it's easy to address.

Well they sure figured it out from D1 to D2 Titan. I know PC has keybind and macro stuff, but it doesn't seem that crazy to just make it so you can't macro your jump key or something.

The macro stuff is from third party programs, there is no reasonable way to do what you propose.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    You know what, I’m pretty happy with my current look.
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

When a Hunter takes up the cloak of a fallen comrade... This is a vow.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

That's rad. What're the pieces and shader?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47625

Titan skating getting somewhat fixed in the March patch.
    Later this month, we are fixing an issue with the Titan Lift ability that currently allows players, with the use of unconventional inputs (keybinding to mouse scrollwheel, macros, etc.), to reach extremely excessive movement speeds. It will still be possible to maximize your Lift speed by skillfully timing your Lift activation inputs to boost your overall momentum. In other words, “Titan Skating” is still possible, just less excessive.

I feel sorry for them trying to fix this shit cause there's almost no way it's easy to address.

Well they sure figured it out from D1 to D2 Titan. I know PC has keybind and macro stuff, but it doesn't seem that crazy to just make it so you can't macro your jump key or something.

The macro stuff is from third party programs, there is no reasonable way to do what you propose.

Basically what it boils down to is that it's very difficult to stop this kind of behaviour without either a massive change to the engine to fiddle with whatever part of the physics engine cause the behaviour or without fucking with the feel of movement in the game and making it significantly less smooth.

Which is why they've gone with only toning it down. I would bet they basically fiddled with various settings until they thought they'd brought it down as far as they could without effecting how movement feels.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

Looks like all Vanguard Dare set except the legs which are Lucky Pants with the Deep Pockets ornament. Shaders are a more difficult call... maybe Midnight Smith on the legs, House of Meyrin on the gloves. Maybe Crimson Valor for the chest and helm? There are a lot of red shaders and I'm not well versed on how they effect Hunters.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

Looks like all Vanguard Dare set except the legs which are Lucky Pants with the Deep Pockets ornament. Shaders are a more difficult call... maybe Midnight Smith on the legs, House of Meyrin on the gloves. Maybe Crimson Valor for the chest and helm? There are a lot of red shaders and I'm not well versed on how they effect Hunters.

I'm not really a fan of the Vanguard Dare set but with good shaders...sheeeeeeeeit

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

Great eye, it’s Crimson Valor on everything except the legs, which are Midnight Smith, and the cloak which is shaderless.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    jv39t0ftd8fk.jpeg

Great eye, it’s Crimson Valor on everything except the legs, which are Midnight Smith, and the cloak which is shaderless.

Woo! I did better than I thought!

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Knocked out Scourge of the Past for the first time the other night, blind to boot.

Snagged the helm/legs/fusion (with backup plan/kill clip) and Shards on my hunter.

Tha's a pretty cool raid.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Is Cerberus+1 good or bad? I honestly can't tell.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Is Cerberus+1 good or bad? I honestly can't tell.

Yes

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's fun. Whether it's good or bad is almost irrelevant.

Real answer: it tears ass in PvE but it's never the best choice because of it's terrible range, it tears ass in PvP but it's almost never the best choice because of its terrible range and shotguns.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Working through the campaign for the first time.

Holy shit is it annoying how they spawn 200-600 power high value targets that insta-gib you. And they're always right by a quest flag you need to get to.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So, uh. I think new nova bomb might be good.

https://youtu.be/vcS2kUtzxrM

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The solution to the Titan skating problem is to just leave it as it is but also give Titans blink that you can skate with as well.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So, uh. I think new nova bomb might be good.

https://youtu.be/vcS2kUtzxrM

It's all I've been using lately, in certain strikes if you plan it right you can rush ahead of your team and bomb entire rooms and get it right back.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    It's fun. Whether it's good or bad is almost irrelevant.

Real answer: it tears ass in PvE but it's never the best choice because of it's terrible range, it tears ass in PvP but it's almost never the best choice because of its terrible range and shotguns.

It's a decent shotgun counter actually, which I'm pretty sure is it's PvP purpose. Shotguns have stupidly long range though so you kinda have to see them coming and backpeddle a lot while shooting to get it to work.

My experience is that it can be very effective at lower skill levels and like most things just doesn't work against the high-level comp types rocking their hand-cannons and dust rocks blues.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-employees-brace-for-massive-layoffs-1832488999
    The business angle is that Activision is now missing one of its biggest tentpoles, but the human angle is that the split leaves people in danger of losing their jobs. Activision employed an entire team full of Destiny support staff—PR, marketing, social media, business, and so on—who now have no work. Two people close to the company told me that there have been a few opportunities for those former Destiny staff to move to other teams, but those opportunities are limited, and members of that department are perhaps the most worried about their job security.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-employees-brace-for-massive-layoffs-1832488999
    The business angle is that Activision is now missing one of its biggest tentpoles, but the human angle is that the split leaves people in danger of losing their jobs. Activision employed an entire team full of Destiny support staff—PR, marketing, social media, business, and so on—who now have no work. Two people close to the company told me that there have been a few opportunities for those former Destiny staff to move to other teams, but those opportunities are limited, and members of that department are perhaps the most worried about their job security.
    That makes me wonder if Bungie has the staff to do all that work.

Arteen on
  • Options
    I'm guessing they handed off things like Social Media accounts already, and there hasn't been a major shift in the marketing since then. I'm curious if they hired people to take over with the investment money from NetEase, or if that's something they had scheduled and planned well into the future so it's essentially on 'auto-pilot.'

What I'm saying is, Bungie hire me

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if the black armory secret bounty "super charged" is bugged? I'm currently at 6/50 and between 3-4 different forge runs I've thrown a lot more batteries than that.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Just got around to my Blind Well for the week.
    We are Guardians. We were made to fight forever
    is an awesome line.

• Options
    Anyone know if the black armory secret bounty "super charged" is bugged? I'm currently at 6/50 and between 3-4 different forge runs I've thrown a lot more batteries than that.

That one is for 50 forge waves. So 25 full forge clears.

• Options

That one is for 50 forge waves. So 25 full forge clears.

Oh. Well that is not clear at all. Oof

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    That sounds like a terrible bounty.

It only last 2 weeks too, right?

• Options
    Yeah I’ve got 12 days left so that sounds about right.

• Options
    It's still a terrible bounty.

The Black Armory Rare bounties are hilariously badly balanced.

I had to rush that one 3 weeks ago to get my Izanagi's Burden that week before Shattered Throne disappeared. It's an enormous slog. I think I calculated it at like 4 hours of constant forging.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    It's still a terrible bounty.

The Black Armory Rare bounties are hilariously badly balanced.

I had to rush that one 3 weeks ago to get my Izanagi's Burden that week before Shattered Throne disappeared. It's an enormous slog. I think I calculated it at like 4 hours of constant forging.

Then there's one for turning on the Forge 5 or 6 times. Horrifically balanced.

• Options
    I completed a BA bounty just for putting on my BA gear before we opened the raid chest.

Then that shitty rolled gear at least served some purpose.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm guessing they handed off things like Social Media accounts already, and there hasn't been a major shift in the marketing since then. I'm curious if they hired people to take over with the investment money from NetEase, or if that's something they had scheduled and planned well into the future so it's essentially on 'auto-pilot.'

What I'm saying is, Bungie hire me

Bungie should take a nod from Blizzard's Warcraft 3 rerelease and do a remastered version of Myth with modern online multiplayer support.

MrBody on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Decided to knock out the Crucible portion of the Last Word quest before I went to bed last night. First match was on a Year One map and I had a 7+ kd at the end, which net me about 65% of my quest progress in a single match. So that was cool. Felt pretty good about it. I then spent the next hour and a half struggling to get the other 35% because every match was on these new maps that I genuinely consider to be absolute garbage. But hey, it's finished now. What's this thing I need to do on Titan now?

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Decided to knock out the Crucible portion of the Last Word quest before I went to bed last night. First match was on a Year One map and I had a 7+ kd at the end, which net me about 65% of my quest progress in a single match. So that was cool. Felt pretty good about it. I then spent the next hour and a half struggling to get the other 35% because every match was on these new maps that I genuinely consider to be absolute garbage. But hey, it's finished now. What's this thing I need to do on Titan now?

A lot of the new maps are really good. They feel like they were designed after Bungie realised that their map design was heavily constraining the PvP meta and so they built maps that opened options up.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Pro tip for the final part of The Last Word quest: Make sure the three Wizards actually see you before you start shooting everything. Otherwise, there’s a bug that will prevent you from completing the mission.

Take it from someone who had to do the mission three times.

awsimo on
  • Options
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Sorry I'm half an hour late, I was doing prison of elders.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm half an hour late, I was doing prison of elders.

Deja vu.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    nice Sidereal Rumba

why can't I remember the important things in life

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone has recommendations for a rapid fire kinetic sniper?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Edit: Alone as a God is the easiest one to get and it's good. If you've got a good roll on a Supremacy then maybe that because you can use a mod with it but Alone as a God will treat you just fine.

Peen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2019
    Peen wrote: »
    Edit: Alone as a God is the easiest one to get and it's good. If you've got a good roll on a Supremacy then maybe that because you can use a mod with it but Alone as a God will treat you just fine.

I’m liking the Supremacy so far, but goddamn this thing is hideous and it doesn’t take a single shader well.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg