As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Oh shit! Jane hats!

I don't get it. :(

It's from Firefly

Well, now i remember that episode.

Excuse me while i frolic in the snow and try to hug a kitten to compensate

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ah, never watch Firefly. Heard it was good, but cancelled after one season.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Poor Man's Farscape

:razz:

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It also had a movie that was decent enough. Probably only if you liked the show though.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Single worst decision cable tv has ever made.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

It has its ups and downs, but overall it was pretty good.

It's become harder to watch ever since I found out that between Jayne and the actor playing Jayne, Jayne is actually the better person of the two.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

20080329.jpg

Someone list games where i get a ship, a crew, and misbehave.

Smaller scale xcom, or mass effect where I'm a drunk asshole....drunk lesbian asshole.

Fuck, need this snow to end so i can get my bro's xbox and play Ass odyssey

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Poor Man's Farscape

:razz:

I thought that was the last couple seasons of Stargate

steam_sig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

It has its ups and downs, but overall it was pretty good.

It's become harder to watch ever since I found out that between Jayne and the actor playing Jayne, Jayne is actually the better person of the two.

To me, Firefly was the moment I figured out that Wheedon spends too much time up his own ass.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Smaller scale xcom, or mass effect where I'm a drunk asshole....drunk lesbian asshole.

You pilot a space locomotive in Sunless Skies, does that count?

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Someone on the Steam forums posted a way to disable this really annoying spell check Steam is using for chat.
    d2kufo8q3bs0.png

I may be Dutch but I usually type in English so every single word was spelled wrong according to Steam.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular

Isn't that just Mass Effect if you play Femshep that way?

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

You pilot a space locomotive in Sunless Skies, does that count?

There have definitely been points in the game where I feel like Mal just trying to hold the ship together long enough to get paid and refuel.

steam_sig.png
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I little late, but thank you @Karoz for The Darkside Detective!

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Cowboy Beebop did it better 4 years earlier, so just watch that :)

steam_sig.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

The ship in FTL: Faster Than Light breaks down almost as often as Serenity does in the show!

I've heard nice things about Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages, but never got around to trying it out.

Frem on
    So much for those 0 byte updates meaning fewer redistributable downloads in the future. Just had 63 more 0 byte updates. And at least some were from games that had them last time, too.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I didn't enjoy it but I heard people compare Rebel Galaxy to Firefly, at least thematically.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's just slide guitars in space.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    It also had a movie that was decent enough. Probably only if you liked the show though.

The move was not great specifically because I liked the show. :(

camo_sig2.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

Man Cowboy Bebop is great but "spaceships" is literally the only thing they have in common. Watch them both! (Firefly doesn't hold up super great but it still has some really solid episodes/scenes.)

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I mostly just know some quotable stuff from Firefly that's relevant today.

Like "Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal." That fits real well with Steam chat.

Wasn't there some Firefly MMO or something that was supposedly coming along eventually? IIRC there was one that bombed and then another one was being worked on. I dunno, it was years ago.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    A couple of Amnesia Fortnights ago, one of the Double Fine devs pitched a game as basically Firefly. Had a lot of space battles, breaking an entering, stealing, bounties and whatnot. Seemed interesting, but now that I type it out, everything about that pitch has probably been done by now in other games.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Wasn't there some Firefly MMO or something that was supposedly coming along eventually? IIRC there was one that bombed and then another one was being worked on. I dunno, it was years ago.

There was a Firefly tabletop RPG. I own a copy. Though to be fair, they make a tabletop RPG for pretty much anything.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Yeah it was supposed to be XCOM style combat in the Firefly universe but it was for mobile and it's kind of just disappeared after being announced.

Edit: The Facebook page still exists.
    Final post from just about 3 years ago "We're still here. We're still flyin'. Game is still in development. Stay tuned."

https://m.facebook.com/FireflyOnlineGame/posts/?_rdr

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

Man Cowboy Bebop is great but "spaceships" is literally the only thing they have in common. Watch them both! (Firefly doesn't hold up super great but it still has some really solid episodes/scenes.)
    Outlaw Star is the one Firefly directly lifted some key scenes from. even then, other than those scenes they share only a very passing resemblance.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

There was a Firefly tabletop RPG. I own a copy. Though to be fair, they make a tabletop RPG for pretty much anything.

I wish to play this. Please let me know when you're running a session. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Personally I think the Desperados 3 method would suit Firefly much better. Large hubs with mission zones around them, all in real time with an ability sync button (basically Shadow Tactics with a large town hub joining missions).

You could land in a town, walk around and talk to people, get local jobs, go around and do them, hop back in your ship, fly somewhere else, repeat. Even have jobs that take place over multiple planets as they unfold.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Personally I think the Desperados 3 method would suit Firefly much better. Large hubs with mission zones around them, all in real time with an ability sync button (basically Shadow Tactics with a large town hub joining missions).

You could land in a town, walk around and talk to people, get local jobs, go around and do them, hop back in your ship, fly somewhere else, repeat. Even have jobs that take place over multiple planets as they unfold.

How long do you need to get your kickstarter going?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2

I had the Serenity one at one point but never got the opportunity to play it. It seemed cool, though. Good atmospheric sourcebook, at least!

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

I had the Serenity one at one point but never got the opportunity to play it. It seemed cool, though. Good atmospheric sourcebook, at least!

That's the one. Came out around the same time as the movie.

https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-Role-Playing-Jamie-Chambers/dp/1931567506

Boop.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
    The other thing (besides DOA5) that I grabbed this sale to get up to that £30 mark for the £5 discount (gods, I'm a whore) was Far Cry 5 for its absurd-by-modern-Steam-standards 75% off. Couple of hours in, I'm liking it so far! I already have a doggo. And he's a good boy, yes he is. He's cute and fuzzy and he rips throats out of motherfuckers on command. And I can get a mountain lion kitteh later as well. More games should offer this!

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Picked up CrossCode and the War of the Chosen stuff for xcom 2. Now i just need a time dilation device or a blackhole.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    so i actually got to play ori for a bit today after getting it on sale. this game is absolutely gorgeous for one. and it's been pretty fun so far. im generally not huge into metroidvanias having never played metroid, and only played castlevania 64. but i have beaten the newest shantae game lol. i beat the water castle i guess and...
    i thought it would just teleport me outside after i cleansed it, but nope balls to the wall high speed climb to the top

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Jayne

Yeah, I had to take a shot. I couldn't remember.

Also I actually enjoyed the movie. Though it could be because I love watching Summer Glau kick all the asses.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Anyone have input on Sims 4? My daughter has been watching vids and wants to try it. My wife is a bit apprehensive because she's not sure if there are any parental controls. Is there an older Sims that may work better?

I don't have any Sims experience so I'm not sure how to handle the situation.

The kids are 8 and 10.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I don't know about 4, but my experience with Sims games are they are very benign. There is no explicit content (By default. Mods can change that.), but there are 'adult themes'. Death can happen and Death can appear. Two sims can engage in 'woohoo'. Bathroom visits (toilet and shower) are accompanied by a blur.

The major changes over time are mainly graphical, so going with an older version, if you choose to try it out, means that you have a better chance of getting most or all of the add-ons for a cheaper price. It can get very expensive to own all of the content.

I expect there are some controls available to prevent online purchases in any of the titles with a built-in storefront, but maybe others have more detailed info.

I wouldn't say it's a children's game, but it isn't quite adult.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Here's a Steam code for Beholder:

Loading...?

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh Hey I just want this one steam game so I guess I'll buy it for the sale.

Oh look if I spend 10 more dollars I get 5 dollars off.

DAMNIT!!!

Edit: As long as I am posting does anybody have any particular opinions on Heartbeat? The trailer looked really neat and the game looks cute but i was hoping for a Giant Bomb quick look or somthing to see it in action first. RPGs can be really hit and miss for me. (if you respond to this part feel free to @ me so I see it)

Bedlam on
This discussion has been closed.