As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I think Teeming and Explosive are my least favorite.

mkc.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    explosive is usually fine except for when you pull 10 enemies with 1 health each and 10 explosive orbs spawn

teeming is the only one that i can't understand why they didn't just remove, it's stupid

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Playing as DPS I actually don't mind explosive that much. They're not really that hard to knock down, it just takes practice and the right settings on name plates so that it's possible to pick out the orbs. As a tank it's more annoying because I have less agency to run around and pop them, lest I accidentally turn my back to some mobs or point a cleave into the group.

Re: shrine, yeah that first one this week was pretty brutal but I did feel that I learned so many things about how to Do It Right.

edited February 2019
    I just hate trying to click the stupid orbs, and tanking my rotation trying to save instant casts for them, and throwing a panic Fireball at one only to have somebody else kill it at the last second and now I’ve wasted 2 seconds
    Bleh

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I just hate trying to click the stupid orbs, and tanking my rotation trying to save instant casts for them, and throwing a panic Fireball at one only to have somebody else kill it at the last second and now I’ve wasted 2 seconds
    Bleh

yeah i just usually let melee handle them because generally they die in 1 attack, but luckily when i'm in void form i have an instant cast that one shots them on a 4 second (reduced by haste!) CD. it's a lot worse for basically any other caster lol

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Melee and the healer should be on orb duty. Or, in a pinch, ranged with instant casts. Everyone else should focus on regular DPS and interrupts.

In a proper group where I can trust the right person to handle them, it’s a nonissue for sure. That’s once in a blue moon for me though

mkc.png
    edited February 2019
    Oh I definitely hear you there. I really hate pugging in explosive week.

Re: keys, my priest has waycrest 10. Monk I didn't actually look at what I have now, we ran the KR 10 on Thursday though. But I might not be around to run anything the rest of this reset, I don't know what my Monday schedule looks like yet.

Tynnan on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

it's sort of assumed that i'm someone who deals with explosive orbs and god i hate trying to click them so it's definitely my least favorite

Adus on
    Adus wrote: »
    it's sort of assumed that i'm someone who deals with explosive orbs and god i hate trying to click them so it's definitely my least favorite

I think explosive duties should always be explicitly assigned at the start of a run. Ideally, ranged shouldn't have to do them but if you do there are a few things that I found help a lot.

Are you using any nameplate addon? I use threatplates (TPTP), which has customization settings that make Explosives show up at 150% the size of other name plates.

Second, I have a weakaura that highlights Explosive nameplates, and another one that puts an icon with a counter on my screen listing how many orbs are active at any moment.

Third, I make sure to use the Stacking nameplates mode, rather than Overlapping. Pretty sure those are the names for the settings, but there's only two options and you should use the one that separates out the plates rather than places them all in a messy pile.

Fourth, angle your camera so that you're looking almost straight down on your character. This will work better in melee range, but it helps with targeting the orbs and with nameplate migration on the screen.

And lastly, the orbs do take longer to explode than it might seem. Six seconds is a long time, don't panic when they show up.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I always did the explosive orbs as a hunter and I was still doing them as a paladin tank.

It made a lot of sense to me that the guy who has 40 yd range would shoot the orbs with his instant cast 0 cooldown cobra shot

As a tank I have a LOT of muscle memory that says "Whoah-hey there's a new nameplate in this crowd you need to get aggro on it, switch targets and hit it already you dope." so I do, and it turns out it was an orb and now its dead go figure.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I tend to go for explosives as much as possible while tanking. They rarely survive 1 Fracture, so it's not bad.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    of the ranged classes, hunters are definitely best suited for it
    it is harder to pick out nameplates when further away though, at least for me. Or maybe I'm just bad at orbs in general.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Can I ask a really stupid question? Ok thanks

When raid healing, part of my cycle is judging the boss because it proves heals for everyone hitting it. But sometimes the enemy is covered in friendly targets and is hard to click. Is there some easy way I could be doing this other than manually clicking them???

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Your raid UI should automatically put up a healthbar indicator for the boss you're on. Click on that.

Is that the same thing as healbot because that’s all I see normally

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

When raid healing, part of my cycle is judging the boss because it proves heals for everyone hitting it. But sometimes the enemy is covered in friendly targets and is hard to click. Is there some easy way I could be doing this other than manually clicking them???

I don't have friendly nameplates on, I use raid frames/grid addon to heal people. Plus I never target any friendlies, that's what mouseover macros are for. That way you can just have the boss forever targeted.

• OctavianOctavian Registered User regular

You could setup a Macro to Target your Focus target with judgement. They get into the habit of just setting raid bosses as your focus target before a fight?

Its a bit of a hassle, but when you forget, its not hard to set your focus mid battle.

PSN: TitusPullo13
    Is that the same thing as healbot because that’s all I see normally

No, it's not. I mean that, like, when you engage with a dungeon or raid boss, the UI should automatically put a healthbar for it somewhere. It's base functionality as far as I know.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it defaults to the right side of the screen.

edited February 2019
    Whoo hoo yay 1k RIO. I also seem to have dragged Shirls into the 1k club.

Coconut Monkey on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    number go up

BahamutZERO.gif
    why the fuck did we do so much m+ when it's fucking teeming fortified week what the fuck

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Zay wrote: »
    why the fuck did we do so much m+ when it's fucking teeming fortified week what the fuck

Sometimes challenge is fun. Sometimes challenge is annoying. But you never know which type it is until you ram your head into it.

edited February 2019
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    But you never know which type it is until you ram your head into it.

Or the 4th ping of an avenger's shield. :rotate:

Coconut Monkey on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    This week honestly wasnt that bad! We could have timed every dungeon.

That disastrous Shrine where we had a bunch of things go wrong and I had to afk we still only missed by 5 minutes.

Season one pushing keys was a miserable slog with infested. Reaping makes things so much more interesting and fun.

I think the one exception may have been that 12 KR. We only had like one stuff up where I died on the big troll guy but even then you guys just kited him downstairs while I think Angry ressed me with engineering. Everything else just took too long even with the shroud skip and the mid tomb reaping. Maaaaaybe could have saved some time with not CCing things or double pulling in the first boss room, but then it could have been super dicey.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I personally am pretty bad at this, but I think specifically for teeming/fortified, a shift in perception is required, and some huge-ass trash pulls where cooldowns/potentially bloodlust is used, instead of doing so on bosses is better in order to meet the timer.

You're 100% right, bosses are trivial in fortified and you want to use bloodlust as much as possible in an M+. I'm personally terrible at remembering to call it out, and in PuGs everybody would probably yell at you if you popped it on a trash pack because PuGs, so it's a hard habit to break out of.

I got a socket belt upgrade from the invasion point last night and now my healer gear is 380, feels good

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I personally am pretty bad at this, but I think specifically for teeming/fortified, a shift in perception is required, and some huge-ass trash pulls where cooldowns/potentially bloodlust is used, instead of doing so on bosses is better in order to meet the timer.

It's all about having cooldowns that are 2minutes or less, so you can just pop them all the time anyway. 5-10 minute cooldowns are the devils butthole.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yeah, strike what I said earlier about Enhancement not being great for Explosive because it's actually super good.

My resource builder spell one shots them, and I have a charge up for that more often than not. I just need to put a macro on my bars that's just

/tar Explosive
    /use Rockbiter

...and I can pop them without even really thinking about it.

What I'm saying is that for some reason this week has put the M+ bug in me and bring me to all the groups and let me prove Enhancement isn't as terrible as lots of people make it out to be.

You can’t /tar them

mkc.png
    Welp there goes my master plan.

Time to get better at hitting that target swapping key, then.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

You can write a macro that will cast at your target if it is hostile, or at your target of target if your target is friendly. Then you can easily judge whatever enemy your tank/dps are looking at

I’m on mobile atm but I can post the syntax when I get home if you wan (also useful for discipline)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Dys wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that for some reason this week has put the M+ bug in me and bring me to all the groups and let me prove Enhancement isn't as terrible as lots of people make it out to be.

Yess yeeeeeessssssss

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I need like 7 more mythics so I can get my literal fancy pants

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind doing some Mythic+ today or tonight if anyone's interested. I'm a total nub with the mechanics, though. I have a +2 stone and have only done 1 or 2 thus far.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'll be around super late but I need to do 3 more mythic for the weekly so I'd do some low keys to grind it out since I already did a high one this week

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.