As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I mean, I assume there are standards around pollution and littering the Navy has to adhere to. At least, I certainly hope there are.

I would even bet that, that close to the shore, they're one of the better organizations about sticking to those standards.

you definitely do not want any of the liquids or particulates associated with a used vehicle on the ocean floor, and those mix instantly, especially considering how violently you'd be hitting the water with it.

zkHcp.jpg
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Hey so there's gotta be a better way than just firing a fuckin truck into the sea huh

Like I'm sure it's not a huge deal, but

Just from a logistical view that seems unnecessary

It's fine, anyways the video is old, from 2012 or thereabouts. The Trump Administration has tried to shitcan the EMALS project, so the electromagnetic launch system shown isn't really being pushed forward anymore.

Anyways, here's a dumb gifv I made of the video back in 2016.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I will never get tired of wiggly arms on things that don't usually have arms. You're doing God's work.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Hey so there's gotta be a better way than just firing a fuckin truck into the sea huh

Like I'm sure it's not a huge deal, but

Just from a logistical view that seems unnecessary

It's fine, anyways the video is old, from 2012 or thereabouts. The Trump Administration has tried to shitcan the EMALS project, so the electromagnetic launch system shown isn't really being pushed forward anymore.

Anyways, here's a dumb gifv I made of the video back in 2016.

I know Trump's an idiot who said Steam was better than electromagnets, but did it actually halt development, or did they just stop talking about it so the president wouldn't notice?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What foolish children, if they worked together they could rip their opponents to pieces or at least smother them to death

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    children are like goblins, they're dangerous en masse but they have dreadful morale and once the natural leaders that form among the group are dealt with the rest will probably crumble fairly quickly.

hold on, let me see if i can find some of the game film from my days as a kidfighter on the Russian circuit...

Metzger Meister on
    Choke their rivers with your dead, soccer children

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ha, I was about to go looking for the fencing one

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • SealSeal Registered User regular
    Trump said some profoundly stupid things about steam, and "the digital" and then nothing happened. The Ford class will have the emals system because it's simpler to maintain and operate and you can dial it down to launch things like small drones so it's much more versatile.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    3 experts vs 100 regular people is like the "gourmet chef makes junk food" of tv.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://youtu.be/XD8CYW865b4

noah gervais just released an addendum to his far cry series analysis about the dlc 5 has gotten since he made it

TheySlashThem on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMph2hAGj7k

Dunkey reviews Kingdom Hearts 3. Spoilers within.

Also, spoiler on the video:
    He's really doesn't like the game!

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

A "The Black Cauldron" tape was under the seat.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Remember when Richard Linklater made a movie about a lovable ol' idiot who fucking shot an old lady in the back and stole all her money and then based on that the lovable ol' idiot who shot an old lady in the back and stole all her money got released from prison.

That guy sucks.

and then he got a resentencing based on the fact that he was originally found guilty of pre-meditated murder despite there not being any evidence for it, was found guilty of non-premeditated murder, and then got 99 to life

there is no miscarriage of justice here, Linklater's film led directly to the justice system correcting a mistake

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://youtu.be/XD8CYW865b4

noah gervais just released an addendum to his far cry series analysis about the dlc 5 has gotten since he made it

I never heard anything about the game after release. Was the DLC any good?

Edit:At work can't watch. I like Noah's stuff, so probably will watch later.

Fencingsax on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Minnie is incredible in this one. Just carrying around a gold brick in her purse for no doubt violent self defense reasons.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Or if the need for extreme bribing ever comes up. She's a woman of wealth and power.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Minnie is incredible in this one. Just carrying around a gold brick in her purse for no doubt violent self defense reasons.

They do a lot of great stuff in these cartoons to make her a good comedic character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbNtuBdUyHo

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Or if the need for extreme bribing ever comes up. She's a woman of wealth and power.

Nonchalantly ripping off the tool booth and slamming the accelerator. Minnie is ride or die for sure.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Do you know how much people would pay for one of Mickey's buttons?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    It's still not acceptable legal tender by tollbooth standards.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Halfway through I hoped it was all in Mickeys head and the guy was just so straight laced by the book a little fraud would drive him bonkers

VRXwDW7.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    The psycho references were excellent

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    the UFC is on network television and somehow stuff like this is still around

https://youtu.be/km25lqLDnRQ

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    There are actually MMA fighters who go around slapping folks like that, often as part of a charity sparring event or something. I think I read I a story in Vice once about this Chinese MMA fighter who goes around China and other places he fights in Asia, challenging these "martial artist guru philosopher" types who are basically like cult leaders, and just beats the absolute hell out of them because he has a foundation in a mix of proven traditional and modern techniques like most MMA fighters and these dudes are trying to fuckin shoot ki blasts and shit.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Seanbaby wrote a good article about this for Cracked last year.

The first video it mentions is a fantastic example of how you can con people out of money using only a bunch of cheaply made uniforms and terrible selling.

https://youtu.be/WhnvETs4F6Q

Mwx884o.jpg
    edited February 2019
    The elusive and delicious dream of magical martial arts will never die because it's all invisible energy and the power of belief, in order to perceive the ki blast of your grandmaster you must believe in them, if you believe hard enough your grandmaster will be able to set your entire body on fire with a gesture

Whereas even if you don't believe in getting choked out when someone wraps their arm around your neck and squeezes you will indeed get choked out

Hobnail on

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah but at least i'll have a boner

liEt3nH.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Seanbaby wrote a good article about this for Cracked last year.

The first video it mentions is a fantastic example of how you can con people out of money using only a bunch of cheaply made uniforms and terrible selling.

https://youtu.be/WhnvETs4F6Q

This video makes me really want to go to a LARP.

Like, this seems like a fun dumb time if everyone is in on it and just having a laugh together.

This discussion has been closed.