As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Extractors were a big help for me for a long time. A reliable stream of polymer and plastids is very valuable when you need to craft a lot at the beginning.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    The story for this game seems ridiculously big. How many planets are there? Is it worth clearing out each planet as you get to them to install resource extractors?

I just unlocked Mercury junction and still can't install extractors on Earth or Venus because there are some missions that require you to have the Archwing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and spend an hour practicing parkour since, apparently, there is something called "bullet jump" and "aim glide" that the game forgot to tell me about. :/

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I still haven't been able to work out how to swap to another frame!

I assume that I am gated behind content before it opens a second one

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You do eventually get a second frame for free (almost, its very inexpensive), but it's a long ways off. Every other one you'll need to find/buy blueprints for and build yourself.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    I still haven't been able to work out how to swap to another frame!

I assume that I am gated behind content before it opens a second one

You need to build frames to use them. To build a frame you need three pieces: Neuroptics, Chassis, and Systems. Blueprints for them are generally dropped by bosses. For example, if you've gotten to Venus, the boss from Venus can drop blueprints for the three pieces for the Rhino warframe.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I wonder if today is going to be the day that Mania leaves the Switch version. Still 2.8% left to go, so it's not guaranteed.

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Derelict is always there, you can't go there till you buy the key blueprints from the market and craft them though.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    The story for this game seems ridiculously big. How many planets are there? Is it worth clearing out each planet as you get to them to install resource extractors?

The story is very big. There are "a solar system worth", it's all on the starmap; nothing really hidden to my knowledge, nodes just show up as locked if you can't get there yet. Extractors "kind of", I wouldn't worry about it too much if you're new, but I like to have a few running on the planets that can drop Orokin Cells.
    Isn't Lua and Kuva Fortress hidden until you unlock them? Unsure about the Orokin Derelicts as well

Oh yeah, those. Yeah probably.

edited February 2019
    I have a second frame from Twitch Prime in my inventory I think. I'll double check that it's a full frame when I get home.

I also have the blueprint for the Gara but haven't had time to grind out the pieces

Koreg on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I have a second frame from Twitch Prime in my inventory I think. I'll double check that it's a full frame when I get home.

If you have a Twitch Prime frame, switching to it should be the same process as switching your equipped weapons. Go to arsenal, click the warframe option above your primary weapon, select equip, it should take you to a list of your built frames and also the option to buy all the marketplace frames you don't own with plat (don't do this)

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I dunno some frames are completely obnoxious to farm for. Khora is annoying, Nidus is rough, harrow is also bleh. Might be worth dropping some plat for them at some point.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey uh so why is the title talking about ram ranch

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Viewers tricked the dev stream into googling it the other day.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Oh I am so unbelievably hype for the instant melee switching change. It's gonna improve the game flow so, so, so much.

Time to slap Statictor on my usual Hirudo/Kogake builds to go full Dragonball.

If only the charge attack was an opticor beam instead of a fireball...

Pulling out a big energy blast weapon is keeping in the spirit of the DBZ so you could run the Opticor as your primary and just yell your favorite big DBZ energy blast whenever you equip it.

The reason I main Harrow is so I can yell "Deus vult!" in voice chat all the time, so I can understand this mentality.

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Oh! Talking about clearing planets, once you do you unlock Nightmare missions. Those give really good rewards so that's worthwhile.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Are Prisma Angstrum shenanigans a valid enough justification to get Primed Slip Magazine?

edited February 2019
    Do I need to message people in game to get into the PC clan?

If it's an invite, LamyKoreg should be the handle

Koreg on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Despite missing the stream, and thanks to a few plat (I had 17/20 total DNA samples -- 10 for the Incubator, 7 for the Cat)

I have a kitten in the cooker.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I got bored of the 80's ice planet content and haven't played in several months. Well, I tried coming back for the Orb Heists but when I found out you need maxed out rep with the space-cockney robot people and I had a daily rep cap I noped out of that because I have a list with me that contains all the things ain't nobody got time for and number 1 on that list is THAT.

What I AM interested in though is that Railjack FTL style mechanic/game they showed a year or so ago that I thought was supposed to come packaged with 80's Ice Planet update but sadly wasn't. Is that in the game yet? Now THAT looks like could hold my attention for a long while.

Unless it's gated behind another atrocious rep grind. I'm not dealing with that shit anymore.

Syzygy on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Syzygy wrote: »
    I got bored of the 80's ice planet content and haven't played in several months. Well, I tried coming back for the Orb Heists but when I found out you need maxed out rep with the space-cockney robot people and I had a daily rep cap I noped out of that because I have a list with me that contains all the things ain't nobody got time for and number 1 on that list is THAT.

What I AM interested in though is that Railjack FTL style mechanic/game they showed a year or so ago that I thought was supposed to come packaged with 80's Ice Planet update but sadly wasn't. Is that in the game yet? Now THAT looks like could hold my attention for a long while.

Unless it's gated behind another atrocious rep grind. I'm not dealing with that shit anymore.

It was always slated to be released well after Fortuna. I believe in devstream 121 or 122 they wrote down a rough timeline for what they have planned to release this year, but I forget exactly what it said off the top of my head. If I had to guess I'd say Railjack will come in the second half of this year, maybe even fourth quarter. Though this latest devstream showed off the railjack drydock that will be an addition to clan dojos, so it will be gated behind being in a clan at the very least

JtgVX0H.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Things that will likely never change with warframe:

- Crafting anything taking time.
    - Gaining rep being capped.
    - Rare RNG Blueprints
    - New content being gated by some combination of the above.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    eidolons aren't gated behind rep, why are spoder bossbots >:(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    eidolons aren't gated behind rep, why are spoder bossbots >:(

Because you don't need material support from the people of Cetus to fight the eidolons.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Syzygy wrote: »

It was always slated to be released well after Fortuna. I believe in devstream 121 or 122 they wrote down a rough timeline for what they have planned to release this year, but I forget exactly what it said off the top of my head. If I had to guess I'd say Railjack will come in the second half of this year, maybe even fourth quarter. Though this latest devstream showed off the railjack drydock that will be an addition to clan dojos, so it will be gated behind being in a clan at the very least

That's a relief, I have so many resources saved up that I've singlehandedly completed 96% of my clans research solo, Railjack shouldn't be too big of a sink.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Gravimag research for UDP is funded. It'll be ready three days from now.

cB557 wrote: »
    Gravimag research for UDP is funded. It'll be ready three days from now.

I wonder how much damage my Velocitus would do to an Eidolon...

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Just started the Sacrifice quest
    Geez is Umbra rough with only the Mote Amp. I managed to down him at the cost of all my respawns, but a Sentient clipped me on the way to extraction, so I will be replaying that one later.

Hellbore wrote: »
    Just started the Sacrifice quest
    Geez is Umbra rough with only the Mote Amp. I managed to down him at the cost of all my respawns, but a Sentient clipped me on the way to extraction, so I will be replaying that one later.
    Just spend all your time in Spoiler Mode. Yeah, your frame has a debuff, wooooo; you're not in it so meh. I basically graveyard zerged that entire quest, and it is precisely why I went and made a 1-1-1.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I just wish there was an easier way to get Cetus Wisps, even if it cost Plat. It's basically the only thing I'm missing, and I can never find more than one at a time

And that'd be why I'm never going PAST a 1-1-1... Fuck that.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I just wish there was an easier way to get Cetus Wisps, even if it cost Plat. It's basically the only thing I'm missing, and I can never find more than one at a time

Go to Cetus, accept the highest level bounty. Pick Volt, Nehza, or some other fast frame. Run around Gara Thot and that little lake with the small island inside it. You should be able to get an average of at least two wisps a run, I've gotten as many as six.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Why would pick a bounty? You literally just need to go out onto the Plains at night, solo, and run around the edges of water.

There are maps of all the spawn points, and you can do an easy 3 minute run that checks the major sources. Stir in a Smeeta and Resource Booster if you want your Cetus Woes to disappear.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    So is there, like, a new meta I'm unaware of that causes people to only want to run Heiracon for like four extractors and then leave? Used to be, any pub group there would go until at least 16, mostly 20. This weekend has been absolutely riddled with people whining that the rest of the squad wants to spend more time in mission than on loading screens. Just had one who wanted to leave after getting one relic. The one before that was MR13 and allegedly didn't know Extraction was an endless mission type. :rotate:

Can't wait for the next update when these types can just solo extract.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So is there, like, a new meta I'm unaware of that causes people to only want to run Heiracon for like four extractors and then leave? Used to be, any pub group there would go until at least 16, mostly 20. This weekend has been absolutely riddled with people whining that the rest of the squad wants to spend more time in mission than on loading screens. Just had one who wanted to leave after getting one relic. The one before that was MR13 and allegedly didn't know Extraction was an endless mission type. :rotate:

Then you find out DE forgot to change the spawn numbers when people leave :P

edited February 2019
    People always wanting to go to a bunch of extractors is why I dislike the game mode and why I do all the Extractions that a lack of cryotic forces me to do completely solo (by the power of Limbo). With rewards not actually scaling it always seemed kind of unnecessary effort to go to like 20 extractors when doing a couple runs of 4 or 8 ends up the same way with less chance of higher level enemies glancing at the extractor and it exploding and less of the thoroughly silly armor scaling high level enemies have in this game coming into play.

Drascin on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Why would pick a bounty? You literally just need to go out onto the Plains at night, solo, and run around the edges of water.

There are maps of all the spawn points, and you can do an easy 3 minute run that checks the major sources. Stir in a Smeeta and Resource Booster if you want your Cetus Woes to disappear.

I thought it didn't matter if it was day or night? It's been awhile since I needed to hunt for wisps, but last few times I did I could still get 6-14 during the day

JtgVX0H.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

If you max out the Quills, you can buy wisps from them for standing.

Tridolon runs make this really easy: Just one run and you've probably earned enough cores to max out your daily cap for the two days.

steam_sig.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I thought it didn't matter if it was day or night? It's been awhile since I needed to hunt for wisps, but last few times I did I could still get 6-14 during the day

Maybe it changed, but I remember Wisps being much more common at night.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Then you find out DE forgot to change the spawn numbers when people leave :P

Bring it! This is my primary affinity farming spot because it's balls easy with some CC and the reward tables are fantastic.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular

The level of the plains makes a difference to it's spawns iirc.

This discussion has been closed.