As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I created another competition called The PA Open. It's doesn't require validation so anyone can register for it, and it's a ladder style competition so you can play any other team that is a part of it and I have no intention to end the ladder season. Joining this competition will make you a member of the PA Cup League, and when the next Round Robin starts I can send invites to teams of coaches that are already part of the League, and prioritize coaches that haven't been part of a round robin.

If we can get enough coaches we could even run a second round robin concurrently, and maybe dp a knockout tournament between the top 2 or 4 teams of each round robin.

Veevee on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Khemeri as a first opponent, eh? This should be.. interesting

If it makes you feel better, I am really bad at this game. And your treemen are real strong

@Moridin889 we should set up a time to see

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Initial planning shows me and joshes game will likely be played over the weekend. Need to hard set a date and time, but it's looking like it'll be sometime fri-sun.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

If it makes you feel better, I am really bad at this game. And your treemen are real strong

@Moridin889 we should set up a time to see

@Phoenix-D

Best time would likely be Saturday or Sunday

Moridin889 we should set up a time to see

Phoenix-D

I'm free both days, pick a time. (I'm on PDT)

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    @TIFunkalicious I'm available on Saturday and Sunday on an EST schedule, I have plans 4pm-10pm EST on Saturday but I'm available all Sunday. What times/days work best for you? I can do weekdays but I have to be at work 3pm EST to 12pm EST

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Did this fill up already? League I found was 8/8 teams filled out.

MrBody wrote: »
    Did this fill up already? League I found was 8/8 teams filled out.

The first round robin is full. Since you're not the first to come post this, I just created a second round robin competition called The PA Cup B. This is another 8 team competition with validation required, and the teams must be new ones.

Anyone that joins, please send me a message on steam or a PM here to let me know. If you are in the first round robin (and that includes me) please do not join this round robin at this time. Give it about a week for everyone that missed the first round robin to get in this second one, after which I'll open it up to us in the first round robin.

If we get enough interest we can either move everyone into a Wissen style competition (teams of similar rank play each other, so by the last week it will be top teams vs top teams and bottom teams vs bottom teams), one large round robin, a regulation style system between Round Robin A and Round Robin B, or something else.

Forgot to do some batsignalling

@MrBody
    @ShadowofVT
    @Julius (I'm Assuming you want in since you agree'd with Shadow's post lamenting not getting in)

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @Lord_Asmodeus Im stuck at home all weekend after Friday night so any of those times work. Otherwise I work 8-5 CST on weekdays

Ugh, League joining UI is the worst. How do you join? I've got the league selected but the only choices are "back" and "competition settings".

MrBody wrote: »
    Ugh, League joining UI is the worst. How do you join? I've got the league selected but the only choices are "back" and "competition settings".
    Veevee wrote: »
    If you do have it on PC, from the main menu click "Play in a League". Select the team you want to join with, or create a new team if you need to. With the team you want to play as highlighted (Don't click it to go into the team info screen) there should be a button in the bottom left that says "Join a league". Hit that button, then choose multiplayer, and you should see a search field. Type "PA Cup" (WITHOUT the quotes) and you should see a league called "The PA Cup B". Hit the "Register" button under under the league, which will take you to another screen where you can register for "The PA Cup B Competition", which will send a request to join to me. Once I accept that request you have to go back into the "Play in a League" screen, highlight the team again, and select the "Use Ticket" box to fully join the league and competition.

Bah, I can't edit so this shame will live on forever, but after the first parentheses the line that says "There should be a button in the bottom left..." should actually be bottom right.

Oops :redface:

• ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Forgot to do some batsignalling

@MrBody
    @ShadowofVT
    @Julius (I'm Assuming you want in since you agree'd with Shadow's post lamenting not getting in)

Just signed up with my Lizardman team, thanks for setting this up!

Cirque de So Lame Kislev team signed up!

Just accepted the request, so you both should have a ticket to join the competition waiting. Go to "Play in a league", have the team selected and you should see a "Use Ticket" option.

edited February 2019
    FYI, Ketar and I have our game scheduled for 11am eastern tomorrow morning. I plan to have steam set to allow friends to watch my stream, so if anyone else is around and want to watch Ogres chase elves around the field you are welcome to watch. Just make sure you are friends with me on steam first.

Veevee on

Moridin889 we should set up a time to see

Phoenix-D

I'm free both days, pick a time. (I'm on PDT)

@Moridin889 pinging

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Good to see everyone playing again!

50433.png?1708759015
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Good to see everyone playing again!

Until they come back here ranting and raving screaming atrocities to their people and blasphemy to their God I refuse to believe any blood bowl has taken place. Their is only two moods in blood bowl furious and preparing to be furious if you roll one more fucking 1 in 9

Played a friendly with my Ogres against @Lord_Asmodeus Chaos Dwarfs. It went about how I expect most matches to go, but hopefully with more maiming by my Ogres in future games. Multiple turns with half my Ogres being boneheads, and 2 turns in a row of double skulls.

Only lost 3-0 so I count that as a win.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah Ogres are feast or famine, either they are wiping the enemy team out completely and you’re laughing with glee, or they’re scratching their asses while your opponent runs the ball in repeatedly

Yeah Ogres are feast or famine, either they are wiping the enemy team out completely and you’re laughing with glee, or they’re scratching their asses while your opponent runs the ball in repeatedly

You also cackle madly when you throw a gnobler to it's death trying to futilely hit the ball carrier. Or BH in the case of my last game.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    My orcs just got out brawled by a goblin team. Sustained 3 injuries, and one causes one to miss the next game. Ouch.

Luckily my passing game was on point and it was a 1-1 draw. GG again @joshofalltrades was a fun one with some good and bad luck on both sides. Your trolls being so stupid really decided the game. HAd they been smarter, I get smashed. And my teams name is We R Smash!!!

Now to decide if I get a loner player and buy an apocethary or buy a replacement player. Probably going the apocathery route.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    @RickRude and my match (orcs v. goblins) ended up in a tie. I came out of the gate and fouled as many of his players as I possibly could, and ended up getting a couple of his orcs sent off early. Meanwhile he was pretty steadily knocking down my goblins and getting fairly unlucky on the armor breaks. We ended up fighting to a stalemate in the first half, and then my hidden weapons were all sent off the field.

In the second half, I almost scored by passing from my pogo player to a normal gobbo, who ran up to a troll. If I hadn't failed the Very Stupid roll when he tried to throw his teammate I would have scored right then and there, but as it was he just ran in a super risky move, alone, halfway up their side of the field. He threw a blitz at me and ended up getting a double push result, which let me dodge and run it right in.

Meanwhile he had been mopping up my goblins and knocking them off the pitch, so I couldn't really stop his counter-push. But in the end it wasn't the push that did my defense in; he dodged past my troll and succeeded in a really great pass that I couldn't get to in time to prevent a TD.

I think I ended up injuring 4 of his team and he got one of mine. It was really fun! I love goblins and a tie almost feels like a victory, but it's more about the insane things that happen when there's a goblin team out there than winning or losing.

GG @RickRude!

joshofalltrades on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    FYI, Ketar and I have our game scheduled for 11am eastern tomorrow morning. I plan to have steam set to allow friends to watch my stream, so if anyone else is around and want to watch Ogres chase elves around the field you are welcome to watch. Just make sure you are friends with me on steam first.

Running about 15 minutes behind, sorry.

Ketar wrote: »

Running about 15 minutes behind, sorry.

No worries, I literally just woke up

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I wonder why they changed the wardancers to dudes. Not a big problem or anything just a bit odd to me.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Well, all things considered I can live with a couple of elves missing the next game. I've probably just guaranteed that a journeyman gets the MVP, but hey. 2-0 victory over those brutish Ogres. Not enough money to buy anything now, nor enough SPP to get any new skills, but we should be in good shape after our next game.

My elves were the absolute worst at completing simple dodges or go-for-its. Veevee's Ogres spiked one of their little dudes into an injury. It all balances out. I guess :P

edited February 2019
    It was a fun game, and out of 4 gnobler inuries only 1 will miss the next game. A lot less boneheadedness than I expected.

Ben the Ogre managed to snag MVP for injuring an elf and now has guard. Ben is quite excited to take over permanent nose tackle duties.

Edit That's 2 games down and 2 to go. Once they get played I'll advance the round.

In Round Robin B (RRB) news, there are still only 2 entries, and @ShadowofVT you still need to use the ticket to officially join the competition. However, if I don't get more entries then I might close down RRB and remake it as a 10 person Wissen style competition so everyone in RRA can join with a second team, assuming everyone would like to do this of course. Everyone in Round Robin A that would like to take part in a second competition, please make a new team and join the PA Open competition. I will send invites to those teams later this week.

Veevee on
    It’s way more fun to play against humans

The AI in this leaves much to be desired

I'd be up for doing a second team. I'd actually made a Kislev team in anticipation since I've never tried them, but I believe MrBody already got one in there. I'll see about making something else this afternoon.

Halflings vs Khemeri in 20 minutes

That’ll be an interesting match, are y’all streaming it?

In the BB client Im pretty sure you can look for coach names and spectate
    otherwise you can do it off of Steam

Also I'm in discord if anyone wants to laugh while halflings score all the touchdowns on me

In the BB client Im pretty sure you can look for coach names and spectate
    otherwise you can do it off of Steam

Speaking of, we're on.

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @Lord_Asmodeus and I are playing our match now!

Halflings and Khemri ended uneventfully 1-1

Halflings did stunty things, Khemri tried to punch them.

1 Dead halfling and 2 injured. One of the injuries were due to a thrown halfling

No Khemri casualties.

That Ogre vs Undead game was just brutal