As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

podcast thread

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The end of the Beastcast holds a sad fact.

GBeast was approached for an Extreme Restraints podcast ad but they were 'not allowed' to do it.

There are so many ways that could've been amazing.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    David: Paul I don't know if you know this but Ben is a ditch person from New Jersey.
    PFT: ...Ditch person?
    Ben: Yeah!

this is a good blank check

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I had a dream last night where I ran into a Ben I knew at a banquet I'd slipped into (which was run by the South Korean government, obviously) and I was very excited to see him but when I looked away and looked back he actually turned out to be Ben Pack, and I had to pretend I knew it was him the whole time and not the other guy

He was very gracious about it

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This week's HDTGM Minisode is actually worth listening to if you normal don't. It has about 25 minutes of Paul and Jason gushing over just the trailer to Hobbes and Shaw, which they are for-sure doing as an episode.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Goofy's wife died in the Keyblade War and Max fell to darkness in despair over it.

Mx. Quill on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    They're at the box office game and there's 30 minutes left in the episode

This Blank Check is gonna go somewhere

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    They're at the box office game and there's 30 minutes left in the episode

This Blank Check is gonna go somewhere

the last chunk of the episode is great

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am YELLING at Lore Reasons

and I’ve only played 1 2 and most of 3!

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I am genuinly amazed how little they were able to hold onto after watching multiple lore videos

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Natalie did a spectacularly bad job on KH2

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    god

if i was a games person id never ever touch KH

its not worth getting yelled at by the fans for doing it wrong

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Just make them go watch that 8 minute Dunkey video

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    From the other way though

I can't believe they've even managed to grasp this much of it

It's a lot of shit

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    From the other way though

I can't believe they've even managed to grasp this much of it

It's a lot of shit

oh, it’s titanic

I spent a solid week on recaps and even I’m a little foggy on parts of KH2, and the time pressure they’re on isn’t conducive to understanding either

it was a beautiful train wreck

Natalie also said her notes were from when she was trying to cram it into a hour

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    god

No one is angry at them

The entire reqson its fun is because they are struggling

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    god

and then there's the curse where anyone who tries to LP it dies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I love that Pete in Re:Coded was the bridge too far.

rhylith on
    I spent like 2 and a half weeks "studying" in prep for 3 and even I didn't bother with Coded

6F32U1X.png
    Re:Coded is straight up “oh, fuck, we need to find a reason for Sora to know about these other people, WHY DON’T WE MAKE AN ENTIRE GAME TO JUSTIFY IT”

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Lore reasons wouldn't be nearly as good if they actually had a confident understanding of the lore

It's great listening to how much fun they're having with it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The thing I hate most about Re:Coded, having only played KH1 and nothing else, is that it is said "Coded" instead of "Recoded"

I hate it so much

CYpGAPn.png
    Oh man

I NEED austins reaction to the Final Fantasy X2 team but suddenly faires

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Re:Coded is straight up “oh, fuck, we need to find a reason for Sora to know about these other people, WHY DON’T WE MAKE AN ENTIRE GAME TO JUSTIFY IT”

That's not what happens though

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What happens though

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What happens though

After the events of chain of memories, your codex menu from kh 1 has been erased

In an attempt to recover that menu, it is digitized and a digital replica of sora is made to comb through the files in order to restore the corrupted data and restore your codex menu

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the codex is in Early Access so you have to expect that sort of thing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I can't believe they made two kh1 recap games

PNk1Ml4.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    wait does that make recoded a recap of a recap

I would not consider chain of memories a recap, I would consider it a rehash

edited February 2019
    I would not consider chain of memories a recap, I would consider it a rehash

The original story in CoM is way more interesting than anything on KH1

The Disney parts are boring retread filler but they're filler in all the games and boring at least half of the time so it's not exactly a step down

Speed Racer on
    It's also not really a recap, it reuses old characters but also the whole plot of every world is "hey I know you but maybe I dont???"

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    CoM and Coded probably only use previous worlds to avoid the work of licensing, what with them both playing pretty differently and having different plot developments they're kind of like remixes

Or recodes, if you will

https://youtu.be/8wxgjDmSi04

God this game is so ugly

How are you gonna make a big anime crossover game and make everyone look "real"?

Make it stylized as hell!

CYpGAPn.png
    Chain of Memories is a result of Disney refusing to allow Nomura to use new Disney stuff for a handheld title, so he took a look at what he could do with what he had

And he decided to write a bunch of new lore and characters and use the memory loss angle to aid that and also explain why sora is level 1

2 then has to blend in all this new lore he made for the world and a much more traditional game in 1

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    is

is that what you think real people look like

liEt3nH.png
    is

is that what you think real people look like
    Yeah I have a big X scar over one eye and carry at least 3 swords everywhere why

CYpGAPn.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    anyway the realer answer is that they have similar looking bodies and art styles because it's cheaper that way and it's the only way they could put in 40 characters

more unique characters means going down to like, 10, 8, 5...

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.