As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Thread about kickin' balls

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You can't spell Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment without We Suck At This.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Brisbane is just so bad this year.

I mean, I've been there. I'm a Phoenix fan. But just... damn.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Wondering if Young might be looking at some extra weeks off. At the game I assumed it was just last man that got him sent but looking at the replays he goes in elbow to head and had plenty of time to avoid that.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    It wouldn't surprise me. I can't tell from the footage if he miffs a (poor) attempted header or if he gets himself in two minds going to punch clear when he realises he's outside the box. If there's other footage in review that makes it a shitty-but-legitimate effort to legally play the ball with his head, I could see an argument for straightforward one-game. On the other hand, if all he's doing is making himself big to make sure neither ball or player get around him then pulls out of punching the ball I think there's more of a case to answer.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The commentary for this FC Copenhagen-New York City FC match has somehow evolved into injured Copenhagen player Viktor Fischer reminiscing about the flavour profile of Peruvian cuisine.

Don't tell me footballers just repeat the same boring cliches over and over again.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Liverpool leave another 2 points on the pitch. Yikes

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    always loved them hams

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's not quite Newcastle choking but it's still pretty funny.

Shit, we beat West Ham 3-0 like a week ago.

After City pull level on points Wednesday there's going to be so much angst at Anfield this weekend.

So so much

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be Liverpool if they didn't try their damnedest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

sig.gif
    Looking forward to Ole subbing himself on and scoring the goal that ruins liverpool’s title chances

Random aside, but as someone who's only been following European football for a season and a half and consequently always catching up on who's who, especially historically, I legit thought Ole Gunnar was just his nickname, ie Old Gunner, and was confused why they would be excited about a former Arsenal player managing.

Course then I looked him up and it was like oic, nm....

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Borussia Dortmund and Werder Bremen are putting on a show in the German cup right now.

Bremen ahead after five minutes, Dortmund equalizes with the last kick of the first half, that makes it to the end of regulation. Five minutes into overtime, Pulisic makes it 2-1 for Dortmund, three minutes later Bremen equalize again, five minutes after Dortmund goes ahead again and in the 119th minute Werder makes it 3-3. They're going to penalties now.

Edit: Dortmund miss their first two and there's no coming back from that. Bremen take it 7-5.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    this is a massacre

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    It wouldn't be Liverpool if they didn't try their damnedest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

p58b4xg06q521.jpg

Cog wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »

p58b4xg06q521.jpg

I think this could really be the year to really buck the trend though, and finally go from 1st at Christmas to 3rd at years end behind Tottenham.

Bogart wrote: »

what a wonderfully crafted and well thought out response from a very normal person

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    w1zim1y88sj0.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Ornstein is a BBC reporter an about as solid as it gets when it comes to Arsenal stuff:

Aaron Ramsey today signed pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in summer. 28yo penned 4yr deal after passing 2-part medical late Jan. Wales midfielder leaves Arsenal 30 June after 11yrs. Set to become all-time highest-paid GB player (basic salary), just over £400kpw #Juve #AFC

I'm going to miss Ramsey, but man, there would have been no way Arsenal could afford to keep him at that rate. Seriously, how is Juventus affording that!?

oldmanken wrote: »
    Ornstein is a BBC reporter an about as solid as it gets when it comes to Arsenal stuff:

Aaron Ramsey today signed pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in summer. 28yo penned 4yr deal after passing 2-part medical late Jan. Wales midfielder leaves Arsenal 30 June after 11yrs. Set to become all-time highest-paid GB player (basic salary), just over £400kpw #Juve #AFC

I'm going to miss Ramsey, but man, there would have been no way Arsenal could afford to keep him at that rate. Seriously, how is Juventus affording that!?

They didn't have to pay a transfer fee.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    True, but they also have Ronaldo on about 500kpw. I guess they may not have anyone else quite near the level of Ramsey and Ronaldo though.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what Ramsey can do with Juventus. I'm not sure he is quite as good as that wage makes him seem, but I would love be proven wrong.

my local club commissioned our poet to create a video to promote the new season

might be of interest to some of you

Can we roll back a bit to the part where a football club has a poet in residence?

That's a thing that happens?

I want one.

Fishman wrote: »
    Can we roll back a bit to the part where a football club has a poet in residence?

That's a thing that happens?

I want one.

we're hip and left leaning as fuck

basically an Irish St Pauli

I hear Gordon had a decent career in his native England before becoming a giant of the League of Ireland.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Don Garber extended as commissioner of MLS to 2023. Which is good to know that one of the leading ratfuckers in the whole Columbus Crew debacle gets rewarded with four more years to keep running the league like a ratfucker.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Don G maybe a rat ticker, but this league is where it’s at because of him.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Tav

Shit. Don’t fancy that match up at all.

How do you think we feel?

Was really hoping for a nice day in Swansea while your lot took care of City for us.

Dortmund are going to shit away their season.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fucking yes beat West Brom away

Get the fuck in

Tav wrote: »
    Looking forward to Ole subbing himself on and scoring the goal that ruins liverpool’s title chances

The way United players are dropping today, he might have had to if not for that pesky 3 sub limit.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

just a touch high on that challenge

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.