As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PbP: Fury of Dracula (latest edition) NEEDS PLAYERS

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class TraitorSmoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
I've always wanted to facilitate a PbP game on here but never really thought I had the time. Well balls to that, I'm just going to make it happen.

What is Fury of Dracula?

sprites-and-dice-fury-of-dracula.jpg

Fury of Dracula is an asymmetrical hidden movement game where one person is Dracula and the rest are famous vampire hunters. Dracula wants to subject Europe to his influence and avoid being staked by the hunters; conversely, the hunters want to prevent Dracula from spreading his influence and ultimately slay him.

Dracula's movement is hidden from the other players. They can see him placing obstacles along his trail, but don't know where the trail actually is until they stumble upon it, either by deducing its whereabouts or by accidentally happening upon a location. Obstacles can be many different things: wolves, rats, bats. Importantly, they can also be fledgling vampires that, if undiscovered, will mature and permanently increase Dracula's influence.

Hunters play totally differently. Their primary objective is to locate Dracula so that they can attack him, preferably during the daytime and preferably with more than one hunter at once.

I could list all the rules here but why bother when I can just link you to them.

Once we get the game up and running I will post the map and everything that's visible to the hunters in the post following this one.

Signups

We still need:

1 player to be Dracula

1 player to be Abraham van Helsing

1 player to be Mina Harker

1 player to be Lord Godalming

1 player to be Dr. John Seward

If you've never played before, it's okay to sign up. Just please read the rules thoroughly before volunteering so that you don't inadvertently screw over your teammates. I would prefer the Dracula player have played at least one game of this before, since making mistakes as Dracula can really send this whole thing sideways.

If you're signing up, !signup X where X is the role you prefer.

Signups are on a first come, first served basis. I will keep a list of reserves in case somebody drops out.

Rules for PbP

According to the official rules of the game (all communication must be where Dracula can hear it), there is no PMing between hunters. I am not a mod and can't look at your PM history so this is all based on the honor system but if you cheat by communicating on the sly and I find out about it, I will report you to the mods. Cheating isn't cool!

You may, however, PM me for rules clarifications.

If you are the Dracula player, you will need to coordinate with me privately on your whereabouts and what cards you have access to. You will also need to privately disclose to me which combat cards you play.

If you are a hunter, you will need to coordinate with me privately on which train tokens you have, combat cards played, as well as any items you acquire by supplying.

We will by playing with Advanced Rules. These include the Dracula Power Cards (Feed, Dark Call, Wolf Form, Misdirect, and Hide), Rumor Tokens, and Lairs. If you don't like playing with these rules, don't sign up!

Dracula's pretty angry you guys. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.