As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Oh yeah that's another thing you should have to like volunteer for jumpmaster or something, the game needs to BIG TIME stop making me the jumpmaster because I have literally no idea what I'm doing, I aim for whatever looks interesting unless someone suggests something

The person who's last to pick their character is the jumpmaster. You can pass the job onto someone else if you want
    Yeah, I think it's hold B while you're in the dropship to pass the role off. On the xbox controller, that is.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am finally going to get on this train some time today.

Origin: Tonkkatuff

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Alright I got a win this is officially the best battle royale

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I just won my very first match! I killed no one, died, was respawned, and got no weapon after that, but we were the last team to survive! Best BR ever!

I’m JMan71183 on PS4 (and Origin as well)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So of the 6 base legends that are free at launch we have a nonbinary person, a gay man, two black women, an Asian woman, a robot, and 0 white dudes. That’s kind of rad?

Also the accessibility options on this game are impressive. This is the first time I’ve seen a game offer multiple options for accessible chat, including an option to automatically convert incoming voice chat to text displayed on the HUD.

in the other hand, one of the characters is literally a toxic neckbeard.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    2nd place finish!

Then next game queued me up with...no teammates. Ok. Lasted to round 3 by hiding.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Been getting a lot of second and third places but haven't gotten a win since my first game.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So of the 6 base legends that are free at launch we have a nonbinary person, a gay man, two black women, an Asian woman, a robot, and 0 white dudes. That’s kind of rad?

Also the accessibility options on this game are impressive. This is the first time I’ve seen a game offer multiple options for accessible chat, including an option to automatically convert incoming voice chat to text displayed on the HUD.

in the other hand, one of the characters is literally a toxic neckbeard.

Who has a pose called "unstable genius" that reminds me of something..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I started playing this tonight on my PS4.

It is very pretty.

And I am so bad at it...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We finally got power back so i may play some of this tonight

Will I be PC or PS4?!? The world is my oyster!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm Winter_Flea on Origin, going to do some grocery shopping but then I will be on.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am playing on PS4 (hashpipe_canada you can add me if you like but I don't team up much)

I'm SUPER enjoying it. I got 3 rounds in a row today ending in 2nd place and then my first Chicken Dinner. Gibraltar is my man so far, his bombardment has gotten me like 5 of my 7 or 8 total kills.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    After round... Six, there's no more safe zone and the DOT will kill someone at full health in 30 seconds.

Brought to you by my win tonight as I was trapped in a cave, bubbled in, with the only other survivor on a building overtop of me.

I was Lifeline.

And I had an ample supply of syringes.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I've had a lot of fun with this! I think part of it is that I'm very much not invested in winning, since I'm playing with randoms and no voice chat so the odds are already low.

And for instance when someone decides to jump alone halfway across the map, sometimes that's just a good excuse to be like alright let's see how well you and me can learn the map and survive, pal who seems to understand what a team is! I like that a match can take like 2 minutes when I jump someplace hot and don't find any weapons. My longest match was 18 minutes I think.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I realised for that first time that I actually have a game machine which lets me jump in on the latest hot game for once. I have also realised that I am blisteringly bad at shooters, I feel bad for the poor teammate who was saddled with me but still managed to claw their way to 3rd place whilst I proceeded to fire no bullets, confuse the run and crouch inputs and also die immediately upon contact with an enemy squad. I do not know how long I will be able to stick with this game! It's neat though, I do like how it feels to play even if I am no good at it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Finally playing more. With randos on PC. Getting to top three almost every time and getting several kills each match. I am improving.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Is there any way to choose your character for the training, or are you locked into using Lifeline?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've probably played...maybe 15 matches of this? and I think I've yet to get a kill with a gun

how come everyone else kills way faster and I'm the only one where everyone needs a billion bullets to die, did Respawn nerf me specifically

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I've probably played...maybe 15 matches of this? and I think I've yet to get a kill with a gun

how come everyone else kills way faster and I'm the only one where everyone needs a billion bullets to die, did Respawn nerf me specifically

Pretty sure that was in the patch notes yeah

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Have you been getting body shields?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've actually been hitting people at extreme ranges with a sniper rifle and a long scope. Usually I can't hit shit at long range in BRs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Is there any way to choose your character for the training, or are you locked into using Lifeline?

I tried to select a different character before and it still gave me Lifeline, so i guess not?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Downloading this now. Going to give it a try tonight U syppose

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You can add me to the list in the OP as a XB1 player. Same name as I got here.

• Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    I am not good at the shooty shooty bits, but somehow I've managed to fail into second place multiple times.

• Options
    I managed to land in an area, search four large buildings and not find a single gun and then get into a fist fight.

It was very dumb.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Usually I also can dump a magazine into someone and they're fine but just now I came upon two people with a light pistol in a tight hallway and went BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP and it really didn't seem like I came anywhere close to hitting them but they died

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    has anyone mentioned that the punches in this game are very satisfying when they connect?

I'm slightly annoyed the jump kick doesn't do extra damage though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I should probably try this at some point because I loved titanfall 2

I anticipate being terrible

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Does this game go off of the same grapple physics that Titanfall does?

Because I never put in the time to learn that, and now I kind of really want to.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    has anyone mentioned that the punches in this game are very satisfying when they connect?

I kind of love that the punches both feel good AND push the enemy (who runs at the exact same speed you do outside of abilities) which means that you can boop people off the airship and things, but actually killing someone running away from you is super difficult to do melee.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ugh

I went to the store page on PS4 and saw the splash video and was immediately overwhelmed with the idea of gear and skills and classes and a huge map and never mind

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its only 8 classes, not very many guns, and the map is small for a BR

It really isnt that bad

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Ugh

I went to the store page on PS4 and saw the splash video and was immediately overwhelmed with the idea of gear and skills and classes and a huge map and never mind

I watched the same video and wasn't feeling it either, until I watched a polygon beginners guide which really sold me on it.

https://youtu.be/g-4Ixm2zBxg

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Possibly the most important aspect of why this game is good: no fall damage

jumping off cliffs all DAY

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Played a few rounds. Its like they took Overwatch and PUBG and had a baby. I will say it runs a hell of a lot better then PUBG does which goes a long way to sell it. But I still the the issue I have in all Battle Royle games where for some reason someone on the other side of the map can precision kill me with a pistol before I even see them.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

I've heard jump kicks will one shot people with no armour if you hit the head.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I might download this during the week and give it a shot assuming the ps4 server situation improves, it sounds fun

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

I've heard jump kicks will one shot people with no armour if you hit the head.

Wait, is this a joke? I'd completely believe it in is game

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg