As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That Devil Engine thing has a cool trailer! But what's the actual game? A shmup?

Ah yes it is, here's a trailer with gameplay:

https://youtu.be/KOHVGGz5KEg

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Funny how everyone simultaneously went "Nothing comes out in February, so let's drop our game in the middle of it." and now it's as packed as October. Whoops.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Aagh too many games!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just have to wonder who could possibly care about this Far Cry thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm gonna laugh when Apex Legends turns out to be a bigger hit than Anthem.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    hey brolo can you swap out that niche gamer tweet?

they're uh... let's say alt-right-adjacent

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    hey brolo can you swap out that niche gamer tweet?

they're uh... let's say alt-right-adjacent

no prob, give me a second

Brolo on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I had no idea Crackdown 3 was coming out.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

seems to be on the MS Store only

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

seems to be on the MS Store only

It's a Microsoft crossplay game, so yes.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Thronebreaker seems bad?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Thronebreaker seems bad?

The idea of deckbuilder with an overworld seems neat, and the production seems pretty slick, but yeah i've heard mixed things about it

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Thronebreaker seems bad?

The idea of deckbuilder with an overworld seems neat, and the production seems pretty slick, but yeah i've heard mixed things about it

It sounds like a really great idea but it doesn't have any of the fun of Gwent in it. The majority of fights are just puzzles, and right now there's essentially no flexibility in terms of deck building (I'm sure that improves later on) so I'm putting a crappy, random starter deck against a prefab, non-random puzzle deck. The story is a whole lot of nothing, too. I'm sure it gets better, but right now? Real stinky.

If you like Gwent, there's not much of it in this game. It's a different game to the one from The Witcher. I've had about one battle that even had multiple rounds.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thronebreaker seems bad?

It sounds like a really great idea but it doesn't have any of the fun of Gwent in it. The majority of fights are just puzzles, and right now there's essentially no flexibility in terms of deck building (I'm sure that improves later on) so I'm putting a crappy, random starter deck against a prefab, non-random puzzle deck. The story is a whole lot of nothing, too. I'm sure it gets better, but right now? Real stinky.

If you like Gwent, there's not much of it in this game. It's a different game to the one from The Witcher. I've had about one battle that even had multiple rounds.

Are you in the first area? The game really picked up for me after the first act, the story too

It does take a while to really get going honestly, and it's a bit too long overall but I liked it

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    that's too bad.

Someone almost sold me on it as basically being a modern Shandalar.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hey does Sunless Skies take like, an obscenely long time to boot up for everyone, or is that just a me thing?

Edit: or maybe it just runs garbage as a whole on my computer for god knows what reason

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Thronebreaker seems bad?

Are you in the first area? The game really picked up for me after the first act, the story too

It does take a while to really get going honestly, and it's a bit too long overall but I liked it

I’ve just beaten the first area and it definitely feels like it’s picking up. The early game is full of fucking dumb puzzles and I’m finally getting to play some gwent

• Options
    Started up the FF14 quest in MHW because I didn't finish it when it was on.
    That Behemoth battle is pretty much 4-player mandatory, huh?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Yes, it’s possible to solo it, but nobody but a few crazy people attempt it.

Think of it as a FFXV dungeon boss. A tank (gun)lance and a healer sns are very recommended.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey does Sunless Skies take like, an obscenely long time to boot up for everyone, or is that just a me thing?

Edit: or maybe it just runs garbage as a whole on my computer for god knows what reason

Low on RAM? Need a SSD? Video card strangeness?

• Options
    it really surprises me how history has sorta repeated itself, but in the opposite direction

two years ago EA sent a Respawn game off to die by putting it out a week apart from other multiplayer shooters, one of which was another EA release

and now EA has put out another Respawn game a week apart from another EA multiplayer shooter, except this time the Respawn game is a huge success, potentially eating into the chances the other game will do well

They're both sci-fi shooters, the dropping in Apex even looks like Anthem

it could end up making no difference, but I'm not sure how it couldn't, especially when general opinion on Anthem currently seems to be...iffy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    it really surprises me how history has sorta repeated itself, but in the opposite direction

two years ago EA sent a Respawn game off to die by putting it out a week apart from other multiplayer shooters, one of which was another EA release

and now EA has put out another Respawn game a week apart from another EA multiplayer shooter, except this time the Respawn game is a huge success, potentially eating into the chances the other game will do well

They're both sci-fi shooters, the dropping in Apex even looks like Anthem

it could end up making no difference, but I'm not sure how it couldn't, especially when general opinion on Anthem currently seems to be...iffy
    Apparently that's not the case.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i have been playing mostly total warhammer 2.

modding the game is proving to be good fun!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm glad I didn't pay money for Edith Finch, I didn't know anything about it but I never would have expected th
    at I would say "fuck this game" and delete it because of a first person baby drowning sequence.

Tube on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I am slowly playing through Hat in Time. First act didnt grab me, but the second one got much more interesting - I especially like the soundtrack and various gimmicks that are added to some levels.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

Low on RAM? Need a SSD? Video card strangeness?

Might be video card strangeness? I've dropped a bunch of my settings and for the most part it runs okay now, but it still has a few very long load times occasionally, and drops to a glitchy crawl whenever I enter combat (which, given the combat is worlds more difficult than seas, has meant I've burned through three captains already).

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm glad I didn't pay money for Edith Finch,
    I didn't know anything about it but I never would have expected that I would say "fuck this game" and delete it because of a first person baby drowning sequence.

Not liking a game doesn't mean you get to post open spoilers about it.

• Options
    I've never played Sea of Thieves

I just tried playing it by myself, got my ship stuck on a dock, spent 15 full minutes trying to get it unstuck, and then it sank

I don't think you're supposed to play Sea of Thieves alone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    With Edith Finch, I’m glad I watched an hour long synopsis of it. It’s a gorgeous game but the
    Bathtub scene

elicited the same reaction. Which is a shame because the last ‘episode’ is very engaging.... well, up to the very end.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sorry I didn't think of that as a spoiler because of the structure of the game but you're right I should have
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    With Edith Finch, I’m glad I watched an hour long synopsis of it. It’s a gorgeous game but the
    Bathtub scene

elicited the same reaction. Which is a shame because the last ‘episode’ is very engaging.... well, up to the very end.
    Honestly I was checked out already because of the cheesiness of
    the dude getting hit by the train.
    And looking at Wikipedia of course the end
    reveals she died in childbirth because why wouldn't this game pick the most emotional cheap shot possible. Good Lord

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just have to wonder who could possibly care about this Far Cry thing

Rage 2 cares about the Far Cry thing, to mock it and God willing make it look like hot ass trash

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I decided to replay Assassin's Creed 1. The PC controls are kind of bad because they do not put the exact name of the key or button you are supposed to press on screen during tutorials. Instead they put a symbol for like the leg button and you have to remember what that is assigned to. The game came to PC after the Xbox 360 controller had started to become the standard PC controller for console ports like Lost Planet.

A lot of what I remember disliking about it now phases me a lot less. The big sore point is still the repetitive pre-assassination jobs, but that kind of got worse in future games as they added more and more menu vomit with most of those being very repetitive activies.

The combat is extremely easy as in most of the AC games, but the enemies can be killed pretty quickly instead unlike some of the harder enemies in later AC games.

The story is very episodic, but that means it is also less an all over the place unfocused mess.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I thought Edith Finch was good in a way that doesn't come across from just reading the Wikipedia page but it's nowhere near the top of my list of narrative driven games.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Look at this fucking pixel art it looks so good!

https://youtu.be/P-Z7DKXX-8U

This is a 2021 game though, apparently.

• Options
    Nioh: Complete Edition has hit a historical low on Gamesplanet, heads up

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Wait. You get mechs too? And you get to outfit your airship? Also it seems to have a Phastasy Star feel, and that's not a bad thing

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Nioh: Complete Edition has hit a historical low on Gamesplanet, heads up

is the site on the level? I've never heard of it

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I've seen the clip with the evil veggies getting skewered somewhere before! Either in a Twitter post or on Reddit, but it looked neat.

Everything else looks rad too!

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.