As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I have given in to my deepest, darkest urges

I bought a fucking tophat

and not one of those cheap plastic costume store ones, oh no

this is a real-ass, wool-ass, made-in-the-uk ass Topped Hat

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    does anyone still sell those collapsible top hats

that's a power move right there, "hold up, i have to expand my hat like a wizard before we can go to this dope ass punch social"

edit: hey hey what do y'all think a bottom hat is am i right? :V sorry i thought of that after i posted the first time and i wanted to get the thought out but it, for sure, does not deserve its own post.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have one of those collapsible ones. It's very costumey, but I mean, it's a collapsible top hat, of course it is.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have given in to my deepest, darkest urges

I bought a fucking tophat

and not one of those cheap plastic costume store ones, oh no

this is a real-ass, wool-ass, made-in-the-uk ass Topped Hat

Did it come with a free rabbit or do you have to buy that extra?

Also pics.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I got a pretty good haircut and beard trim, and I think my outfit? works pretty well today, but I cannot take a decent picture

Anyway, wearing the selvedge jacket in place of a cardigan today, feeling pretty good

It's a little tight though, I think the exercise is paying off, at least in the chest and shoulders, feels weird

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    THIS WAS SUCH A BITCH TO DO

But I did it and I like the results! :P First ombre manicure. Used three polish colors and a makeup sponge.

rk0kkv3je46b.jpg

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Dang, that looks great ND

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That looks amaaaziiiiiing

Ugh I got my nails professionally done before Christmas and they lasted for not even two weeks before they were annihilated.

I love having nice nails but I don't have the $Texas to get them done regularly and uhh

my own skills are

like those of an eight year old.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    That looks amaaaziiiiiing

Ugh I got my nails professionally done before Christmas and they lasted for not even two weeks before they were annihilated.

I love having nice nails but I don't have the $Texas to get them done regularly and uhh

my own skills are

like those of an eight year old.

I am queen of "avoid getting professional beauty treatments done because it's too expensive to get regularly". Cut my own hair, color my own hair, do my own nails, have also bought my own wax for waxings! I also pierced my own ears once (those are my 2nd set of earlobe piercings). Only thing I won't mess with is hair bleach. That gets done by a pro 100% of the time.

I've gotten way better at the nail thing over the years, watching some Youtube videos helped a huge ton. Also, for particularly messy techniques (like the ombre was), I use liquid latex to paint around the nail. Once it dries you can just peel it right off, and tadaaah! Nothing on your skin.

One of the most helpful images ever, for me, was this one. Huge improvements after just painting them this way:
    1730720c86dbc1013adaf7b86a6e927d--nails-paint-tips-for-painting-nails.jpg

• Options
    Hey thread, today got me black and blue

7rid10lypvbb.jpeg

0shdnxxncank.jpeg

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    nice socks!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Thanks! They're actually Ravenclaw socks and literally the only piece of Harry Potter merch that I have ever owned in my life.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i have not adhered to my shopping moratorium at all

i've been spending MORE

jesus man

poo
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Come on, fam, links or pics :(

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Come on, fam, links or pics :(

sorry for the thread bump without links or pics umm

technically i posted this jacket already but i wore it this weekend:
    R3p7qSFl.jpg

poo
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Looking good!

Here's me, wearing a warm hat I like a lot and my selvedge jacket I like a lot too

My beard looks weird

naQfLz5.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Ok, I'm very intrigued by that hat now

• Options
    @Veldrin

The hat is a Stormy Kromer. It's a wool blend, it's really warm.

https://www.stormykromer.com/the-original-stormy-kromer-cap/

• Options
    A friendly coworker of mine insists I dress like I'm on the mod squad and that it's a good thing

I told him thanks, but I'm not a narc

• Options
    Is there something I can do what with shaving my cheeks on my face that doesn't end up as box goatee?

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Is there something I can do what with shaving my cheeks on my face that doesn't end up as box goatee?

yeah. i have quite thin / patchy facial hair, especially on my cheeks and sideburns. my mo and chin are more consistent but i hate the goatee look. so usually i'll shave my sideburns, cheeks, the front of my chin and leave the mo and the underscruff / jawline:
    DyjP1X1.jpg

+ it frames my face well
    + i can do it in 45 seconds from unshaved
    - technically a neckbeard

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Personally I think a bit of under-lip/front chin growth looks better, even if it's less dense than the mo and chin.

@DouglasDanger do you find that your chin hair dramatically grows thicker than your cheeks/upper jawline? Or have you been trimming the cheeks and upper jaw more frequently?

If you find that there's a contrast in growth between the areas, it might be worth keeping the chin trimmed back a bit and letting the sides fill out a bit more, then blending them together with a gentle fade from the mouth area up to the sideburns.

• Options
    My facial hair is much thicker on my chin

I have it cut so it's a little longer than the sides

The idea being the sides will be fuller once all the hairs are the same length

Someone in the holiday forum suggested that idea

It worked well for the left side, but I have a big bald spot on the right side, from halfway up my cheek all the way down past my jaw line

I also have a problem with in grown hairs on my right side

So I'm thinking if going with a long Van Dyke

• Options
    Quick maybe not as exciting fashion post but

Got this pleasant light blue cord shirt in my psychotic unnecessary sale shopping
    47fJ5LN_dl.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I need to konmari the fuck outta my clothes but the thought of dumping everything out and making decisions is terrifying

poo
  • Options
    That didn’t work and the edit button is gone from my phone?

47fJ5LN_d.jpg

poo
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    All the edit buttons are gone. I suspect the mystery pod ate them so to reveal all our flaws and secrets.

• Options
    that photo is tiny and does not show the shirt well at all so uh imagine it i guess

poo
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Vanilla has enabled hard mode posting.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Was there someone here who knows a lot about skin care and face stuff? I seem to remember seeing posts about it a while ago and I could do with some advice because there are way too many products out there for my tiny brain to handle.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I’ve been summoned! The very basics - gentle cleanser every morning and night (cetaphil and cerave have good reputations) and sunscreen every day (I use Neutrogena sensitive skin spf 50 but will probably switch to a Japanese brand when I’m out). I’m a convert to double cleansing (oil based cleanser and then a water based cleanser) but that might be a little overwhelming to start - best to start small and then somehow end up a year later with too many skin products to use every day like myself.

If you have specific skin concerns (acne, hyperpigmentation, dryness, oiliness, etc) there are MANY many more things I could say.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I’ve been summoned! The very basics - gentle cleanser every morning and night (cetaphil and cerave have good reputations) and sunscreen every day (I use Neutrogena sensitive skin spf 50 but will probably switch to a Japanese brand when I’m out). I’m a convert to double cleansing (oil based cleanser and then a water based cleanser) but that might be a little overwhelming to start - best to start small and then somehow end up a year later with too many skin products to use every day like myself.

If you have specific skin concerns (acne, hyperpigmentation, dryness, oiliness, etc) there are MANY many more things I could say.

I'd like advice for general dry skin!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Also acne prone skin advice would be great! I had to cycle out my Eminence products because they stopped being effective, got on the Korean skin care regimen, and haven't found it to be nearly as good. So suggestions on new products would be super helpful!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I would like to know about sunscreens! I basically require them for anything more than an hour's outside if sunny.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I was at the store and did by a face wash to remove oil and dirt, so I'm going to start using that.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    That's a sweet coat!

• Options
    1) I’ve been spending so much and I need to stop ahhh

2) But I should totally buy this right???
    33332-01_800x.JPG?v=1547055468

poo
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    You probably shouldn't, but that's a nice-lookin' shirt.

sig.gif