As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've got a max level Qin up for the event. I need to look into how to Max him out, but a potted 1500 mag seems to let him tick most things to death if you've got enough on the physical side.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Enhanced Yan and she’s killin it for my LRD runs. With the better MP and LB boosts, dual Barb and Hyoh LB’s OTKO the dragons.

She’ll be amazing for 4* only missions coming.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Woohoo picked up a Qin with a 4* ticket.... Unfortunately that's because I bought the $25 bundle... Still saves me lapis from doing another step.

• Options
    Hmm... Is it MAG or SPR for Qin?

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    100% MAG

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Qin doesn't have any SPR-based attacks that I'm aware of and he doesn't dual-cast anything except his unlocked songs, so your MAG build will give him more than enough SPR/MP to sing. The songs that do damage do 3x a turn except for Nomad, which does 6x, and the chaining moves do 5x.

Right now I'm at 1770 MAG, 638 SPR, and 639 MP with very sub-optimal materia; that does 570K damage per Nomad without breaks. The theoretical maximum MAG is around 2200 for TDH.

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Enhanced Yan and she’s killin it for my LRD runs. With the better MP and LB boosts, dual Barb and Hyoh LB’s OTKO the dragons.

She’ll be amazing for 4* only missions coming.

As someone whose usual team is four 7* units plus Yan, I am quite happy she got enhancements. I still would have liked if they changed the name for her DM or break resist to include the word "chi", but still, nice.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Another thing to note: Qin's LB (with TMR) maxes out at 20x magic damage with a 130% all buff. And you have Lings, surely. Lings with Entrust.

• Options
    JP monthly Nico Nico Livestream revealed their next CG character - CG Dark Fina. Neat. She has a 6 step step-up, and the first step is a free 10+1 pull.

Also, 5-7* "Sweet" Nichol and 5-7* "Sweet" Luka for Valentine's day.

• Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Qin doesn't have any SPR-based attacks that I'm aware of and he doesn't dual-cast anything except his unlocked songs, so your MAG build will give him more than enough SPR/MP to sing. The songs that do damage do 3x a turn except for Nomad, which does 6x, and the chaining moves do 5x.

Right now I'm at 1770 MAG, 638 SPR, and 639 MP with very sub-optimal materia; that does 570K damage per Nomad without breaks. The theoretical maximum MAG is around 2200 for TDH.

Holy crap. Is this 7* Qin? I can barely get her over 1k MAG in 6* form.

• Options
    Yes, definitely 7*. I don't remember how high I could take him at 6*, but 1k sounds about right.

• Options
    Ah okay I thought I was missing something haha. Didn't realize that the TMR was an accessory and not a head gear. Lame.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Realized I got enough crafting materials for the evade materia and the giant chopsticks. Now what? Do I keep farming? I only have Yan, so the TMR moogles are doing me much. The cactuars and gil turtles are okay, but are they worth the energy?

[edit] The fanart contest currently going on. 3000 Lapis and FFBE Art Book is way too little for signing over the rights to your art. Gumi is earning money with this. They'll be able to use that art in promotional material and essentially avoid hiring an artist for, I don't know, a dozen or so man-hours.

What did the people who made the fan units get? Let's see.

To get shortlisted: 3000 Lapis · 5 Summon Tickets · 4★ Trust Moogle x1
    Winning got them one unit of choice up to December 2017.

That's okay, I guess. But for doing professional artwork for a major company? Not just artwork. Unit design. Background story, trust master, and skill set (including limit bursts). Essentially game development.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    The LGD event stage gives pretty damn good Rank XP per NRG spent, so that's a decent enough reason to run it for me. I'll likely get bored of it soon enough and finally go clear out the latest story content and the latest 10-man.

• Options
    You keep asking that. What would you be doing with your energy right now? If that is more valuable to you than the gil/exp go for it. If it's too much work then you can just avoid it completely since there is no rank or anything like that.

I've been completely dry on gil and cactaurs for months now and I have nothing else to spend my energy on. So I'm going to grind this event until I die lol.

• Options
    The way I see it, FFBE is in part a management game. How you manage your energy and gil and lapis and tickets contributes to how well you're doing. I was just asking people's opinion on whether the current event was an optimal use of my energy.

I'll be honest, this game is more management to me than tactics/strategy since I rely on powercreep to defeat most trials. And before I got meta-units, I used to rely on cheese tactics and friend units to carry me.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    You keep asking that. What would you be doing with your energy right now? If that is more valuable to you than the gil/exp go for it. If it's too much work then you can just avoid it completely since there is no rank or anything like that.

I've been completely dry on gil and cactaurs for months now and I have nothing else to spend my energy on. So I'm going to grind this event until I die lol.

How can you have no gil? I have like 90 million gil. And I've spent 166 million gil accord to the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't steal during raids. I awaken every 7* i get (save a few).

• Options
    edited February 2019
    tsmvengy wrote: »

How can you have no gil? I have like 90 million gil. And I've spent 166 million gil accord to the game.

Weird. I spent 269 million gil.

Maybe it's because I keep cancelling expeditions to get better ones. I cancel 4-8 expeditions per day and I've been doing so since expeditions became a thing. That's a big chunk of gil right there.

Still have 74 million gil left.

[edit] And of course, once I cancelled enough expeditions, I'm left with better ones that are way more expensive. So, cancelling roughly 6 expeditions per day is about 22 million gil down the drain per year. Only doing A and S rank expeditions costs, I don't know, around 50 - 100 million gil per year.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've spent 322 million. That's a lotta tents.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    The way I see it, FFBE is in part a management game. How you manage your energy and gil and lapis and tickets contributes to how well you're doing. I was just asking people's opinion on whether the current event was an optimal use of my energy.

I'll be honest, this game is more management to me than tactics/strategy since I rely on powercreep to defeat most trials. And before I got meta-units, I used to rely on cheese tactics and friend units to carry me.

Ah see I love when I am free to do what I want. Those chains of having to run the raid lest I lose rank is really annoying. I love that I can relax and do what I can whenever. I don't feel like I have to login to burn my orbs before I go to bed or as soon as I get up.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    tsmvengy wrote: »

I’m at 9 million right now and have spent 335 million. 7*’s take a lot.

Edit: 54 7*’s awoken. Also why i only have 4 maxed minituars.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Personally, for me the problem is more time. Farming things takes a lot of time off my day, so I often lose raid orbs or energy or whatever simply because I can't afford to spend two hours a day (in about three bursts) solving everything.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular

Reminders: Run Vault of Hidden Treasures AND
    FFX bonus stage!

• Options
    41 7* units awoken. 296,977,766 spent gil.

Oh God. 893 consecutive days login. Something about that is scary....

• Options
    Haha thank god they don’t have Total Money spent.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    41 7* units awoken. 296,977,766 spent gil.

Oh God. 893 consecutive days login. Something about that is scary....

I am at 957 total and consecutive days. I wouldn't worry about too much.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Hrm.. I'm up to 70 7* awakened. I still have:
    VoF x2
    Nalu x2
    No Good Jake x2 (already have one of him, not sure I care about his STMR right now)
    Luneth x3
    Lulu x2
    Livid Shantotto x3
    Jiraiya x3
    Gladiolus x2
    Emporer x2
    Cloud x2
    Aileen x2

But 14m gil makes awakening all of them not possible so they sit.

• Options
    NG Jake's STMR is really nice for Regina when she comes around. The extra LB damage is nice.

• Options
    Huh, he gets dual wield at 6*, and a whopping 50% TDW at 101.

But his STMR is two-handed. And he doesn't get W-ability.

dafuq?

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Huh, he gets dual wield at 6*, and a whopping 50% TDW at 101.

But his STMR is two-handed. And he doesn't get W-ability.

dafuq?

He's designed to spam his LB, so W-Ability isn't really necessary. Would be nice, but his non-LB skills are all in service of making his LB charge or imbuing elements or whatever.

• Options
    So, I was bored yesterday and decided to throw some tickets at the new CNY banner. I wouldn't mind having Qin's TMR. I did get a rainbow after 15 tickets - Marie #1!

Not bad since I've always wanted her TMR and it will be super useful for future content. I swear I had a rainbow robe moogle from a FP summon or something like that, but I could not find it. I must have sold it by accident. Oh well, it was only 5% and we get a lot of trust moogles now anyway.

• Options
    Really wish they would double the output and increase the LRD cost to 40 NRG. This event is boring enough, to drag it out twice as long sucks.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Agreed on that.

So again in pulling news, last few 5+1s have been the bare minimum of possible pulls, with most not even being TMR worthy. I am keeping more units now thanks to the extra space, though, since trust coins are a thing.

My reserve of tickets and lapis are slowly recovering after the SOA pulls, and I don't have any real interest in these units since I was already lucky enough to have 2x Chow, so he was awakened and I've just been doing the event with him and my Ling.

The nature of EX tickets is such that I never keep them; I always pull the day I get them, regardless of the type that they are. Since they are the full pool, and the reason I save is to pull newer units, I figure it's a good idea.

Of course, on the train today, I use today's EX ticket and it's a rainbow right out the gate. And it breaks into the new duo unit, B&Z or whatever. Well, here's hoping they are in the trust coin pool in 6 months.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Grats on the free TMR (assuming you farm this event enough). I plan to keep farming it for now. I do want to spend a little NRG this week to take down Alexander 3* and Salad Sud. I actually don't mind the 20 NRG cost because each run gives 1450 rank XP. That is double what a LGD difficulty MK level gives. I wanna keep progressing on my rank level.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Agreed on that.

So again in pulling news, last few 5+1s have been the bare minimum of possible pulls, with most not even being TMR worthy. I am keeping more units now thanks to the extra space, though, since trust coins are a thing.

My reserve of tickets and lapis are slowly recovering after the SOA pulls, and I don't have any real interest in these units since I was already lucky enough to have 2x Chow, so he was awakened and I've just been doing the event with him and my Ling.

The nature of EX tickets is such that I never keep them; I always pull the day I get them, regardless of the type that they are. Since they are the full pool, and the reason I save is to pull newer units, I figure it's a good idea.

Of course, on the train today, I use today's EX ticket and it's a rainbow right out the gate. And it breaks into the new duo unit, B&Z or whatever. Well, here's hoping they are in the trust coin pool in 6 months.

I do the exact same thing with EX tickets, thankfully this hasn't bit me in the ass yet.
    I'd say we should both starting saving them to blow when there's no limited time units in the pool, but frankly Gumi seems pretty determine for that to almost always be the case.
    By the time the CNY banner ends, we'll be at the end of the month and we'll probably have some kind of collab banner drop after next weeks story event, so then those units are in the pool instead.

• Options
    I'm still hoping for SoM raid this month. Square-Enix has renewed trademarks for Secret of Mana in both Europe and the US, so maybe we're getting the SD collection brought over soonish (there's rumors of a Nintendo Direct this week, maybe there will be news then?). There's been no renewal of SD3, however, so if we do get the collection we'll probably only get 1+2, which is a bummer, but makes sense from a "Square-Enix doesn't want to spend the time/money localizing SD3" standpoint.

• Options
    The guess is CG Ignacio next week, then a collab to finish the month off? We're past Xenogears part 1 already as well as Yuraisha. We're also a bit behind on trials.

• Options
    I'll gladly throw down 11k on an Ignacio step-up if the collab is Xenogears, which I don't care about really (even if the powercreep is real). I want my big beefy boi. With the story event and the main story content I haven't touched yet, I can recoup some Lapis pretty quickly. I'll wait until near the end of the step-up, however, on the off chance the collab this month is in fact SoM.

• Options
    I just want amazing enhancements. That's all I want. And story 1/2 energy. And friend point trust moogle summon. Those are the things I want.

This discussion has been closed.