As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 2: Start of Status Phase

The Yssaril Tribes: Activate the Tar'mann system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 1 Infantry from the Lodor system.
    Land 1 Infantry on Tar'mann.
    Sardakk N'orr: Pass turn.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Beta Wormhole system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 3 Fighters, and 1 Infantry from the Creuss Home System and 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from New Albion.
    The Barony of Letnev: Pass turn.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Pass turn.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Pass turn.

Current Map: Round 2: Start of Status Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 1 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems.
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    2 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Embers of Muaat: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Yssaril Tribes: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Letnev.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    X - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    X - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Spy Net (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    X - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    X - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 2 / 3
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 1

Tactic Pool: 0
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    X - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 2

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 2 / 4
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 4

Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds
    (no neutral worlds)

Order of Play
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) - (1) Leadership
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (2) Diplomacy
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (3) Politics
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) - (5) Trade
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) - (7) Technology

All players may now each claim up to one Public Objective and one Secret Objective.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Claim Expand Borders for 1 VP.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Claim Expand Borders for 1 VP.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Sadly
    Nothing

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    No claim

• Options
    L1z1x have no objectives to claim.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Exhaust Arnor and Zubat for 5, spend 3 trade goods for 8, claim Erect a Monument.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Reveal Public Objective
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

All players draw Action Cards to hand and command counters for allocation:
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid): 1 card; 2 command counters
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor): 2 cards; 3 command counters
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh): 3 cards, followed by 1 discard from hand; 2 command counters
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe): 2 cards; 2 command counters
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): 2 cards; 3 command counters
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): 2 cards; 2 command counters

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    T/F/S -> 2/3/3

El Skid on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    T/F/S -> 2/2/2

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Phyphor has conditional orders to produce the following allocation: TP/FP/SP = 2/3/2

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    1/2/2

• Options
    T/F/S->1/3/2

Discard Cripple Defenses
    Action: Choose 1 planet. Destroy each PDS on that planet.

• Options
    T/F/S -> 3/2/1

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Round 2: Start of Agenda Phase

Score Objectives
    The Yssaril Tribes: Claim public objective "Expand Borders". (VP 0 --> 1)
    Sardakk N'orr: Exhaust Arnor (3R), Zohbat (2R), and 3 Trade Goods (TG 8 --> 5) to claim public objective "Erect a Monument". (VP 0 --> 1)
    The Barony of Letnev: Claim public objective "Expand Borders". (VP 1 --> 2)
    Reveal Public Objective
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.
    Gain Action Cards and Command Tokens; Redistribute Command Areas
    The Embers of Muaat: AC 3 --> 4; TP 1 --> 2, SP 2 --> 3
    The L1z1x Mindnet: AC 2 --> 4; TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 2
    The Yssaril Tribes: AC 5 --> 7; SP 0 --> 2
    Draw 1 additional Action Card due to Scheming and discard "Cripple Defenses" from hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: AC 1 --> 3; TP 0 --> 2, FP 3 --> 2, SP 1 --> 2
    The Ghosts of Creuss: AC 4 --> 6; TP 1 --> 3, SP 0 --> 1
    The Barony of Letnev: AC 2 --> 4; TP 0 --> 1, SP 1 --> 2

The first Agenda of the Agenda Phase is revealed from the top of the deck:

Regulated Conscription (Law)
    For: When a player produces units, he produces only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Against: No effect.

Voting Order
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh): Up to 14 votes
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe): Up to 9 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor): Up to 3 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): Up to 8 votes
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): Up to 14 votes
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid): Up to 10 votes; Speaker

At least 24 hours will be allocated for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations, unless all players collectively call for voting to start before then. For simplicity when voting, you can just list a number of votes to apply to the vote without listing planets.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh hey it’s the agenda phase! Does anyone still owe me TGs from round 1 trade?

E- Our votes are up for sale on this as we have no real preference

El Skid on
  • Options
    We also do not really care (and I'm not playing any agenda-revealed card triggers)

• Options
    I owe both @El Skid and @38thDoe TGs. I have 2 commodities, when can I pass those along? If I can now I do.

I also don't much care one way or the other about the law.

• Options
    Also in the not caring much camp.

• Options
    So we can all abstain and let el skid randomly decide then?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    So we can all abstain and let el skid randomly decide then?

That works for me.

• Options
    Give 1 TG to N'orr, as agreed upon.

• Options
    I mean I guess I care a little.

Vote 10 for (we can say the 10 is from Retillion,Shalloq,Dal Bootha, Lodor ,Saudor)

• Options
    That’s 60% of your vote. I think you care a lot. Like icons coming out of your stomach.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Do we have to officially abstain? cause We do.

• Options
    Interesting! So we can still swing the vote against if anyone cares enough to bribe offer us a suitable gift. By default we will be not voting/ deciding ties as we see fit.

• Options
    Are we ready to start voting? Here's what I've recorded so far:

Regulated Conscription (Law)
    For: When a player produces units, he produces only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Against: No effect.

Voting Order
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh): Up to 14 votes - 10 votes FOR
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): Up to 8 votes - ABSTAIN

Resolved Transactions
    Creuss 1 C --> Muaat
    Creuss 1 C --> N'orr
    Letnev 1 TG --> N'orr

In order to keep things moving, I'm going to make an executive decision to call an abstain on L1z1x unless someone wants to pay 2 TGs (or equivalent) for their votes.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    @38thDoe up to vote then.

• Options
    Abstain.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    What is the timing on action cards? Just before anyone throws out a vote?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited February 2019

They are normally stated on ghe AC.

The ones that mean you cant vote are I think played before voting.

The ones that give you votes are either right after you vote or right after the speaker votes.

Can’t remember the timing on assassinate representative, but that’s probably before they lock in their vote?

El Skid on
  • Options

Sort of. The 24-hour period following the agenda reveal is meant to be an open ground for action cards and transactions. For example, Rider cards, which give a payout based on the outcome of an agenda but prevents the acting player from voting, are meant to be played before voting starts. But to prevent the first player from just sailing in and immediately voting to prevent those plays, the guaranteed discussion time has been set for my forums implementation. Players are free to set votes during the open discussion time, but it won't invalidate action card plays.

When playing an Action Card, you can just outright play the card, or you can state that you want to play an Action Card, and require that all other players also make declarations. In that latter case, after all players have made a declaration or declined, all cards are revealed and executed in player order (which might matter in some cases).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Abstain.

@El Skid

• Options
    We will abstain as well

• Options
    Vote Results
    10 votes - FOR (Yssaril)

The agenda is enacted, decreasing Fighter and Infantry production to 1 unit per resource spent.

The second Agenda of the Agenda Phase is revealed from the top of the deck:

Minister of Sciences (Law)
    Elect Player: The elected player gains this card. When the owner of this card resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, he does not need to spend resources to research technology.

Voting Order
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh): Up to 4 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): Up to 8 votes

At least 24 hours will be allocated for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations, unless all players collectively call for voting to start before then.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Well, then.

• Options
    I move that as the most backward of all creatures we be given Minister of Science. We'd try and think this better at you but not have philosophy?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hey @Ketar... if my math is correct we can carry this vote (ACs notwithstanding) with the two of us and my tiebreak.

I am going to technology anyway so I of course would like it... though voting and tiebreaking for you is also an option. Is there anything you want or would offer for this one?

• Options
    I'm open to dealing either way on this one. I'd rather wait and work out once voting has been opened though and not make this an easy rider play for people.

• Options
    Muaat declare we are formally waiting until the 24 hour period expires before doing anything further.