As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I just decided to check and see if BBT had ever referenced Dune, and the result is just depressingly pathetic.

https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Adhesive_Duck_Deficiency
    Leonard, Howard, and Raj are camping out in the desert to observe the Leonid Meteor Shower. Raj is just entering map coordinates into the computer, and with Howard’s help they now have free HBO. They are trying to choose between "Real Sex” and “Dune”. Real Sex wins.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I kinda want a cosmic horror movie/video game to experiment with those neural dream network and video corruption effects localised entirely on one thing in an otherwise normal, tangible environment

Gimme a film that looks like
    5NlWLKg.gif

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    So, thanks for the nightmare fuel Lalabox!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    So, thanks for the nightmare fuel Lalabox!

nice frog

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I kinda want a cosmic horror movie/video game to experiment with those neural dream network and video corruption effects localised entirely on one thing in an otherwise normal, tangible environment

Gimme a film that looks like
    5NlWLKg.gif

that is a great fucking idea

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I figure the more obscure it is (if it is), the higher the chance it'd be referenced in the Big Bang Theory.

I actually think it'd go the opposite way.

I'm pretty sure one episode has the female lead acknowledging that she knows about C3PO or R2D2 or the Death Star by name and then says that she's been around the guy characters too long, for knowing a name from the very niche Star Wars series.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Aren't they all dating nerd girls at this point though?

sig.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Aren't they all dating nerd girls at this point though?
    That show is still going!?

Gosh. 12 seasons and thr series is only ending this year.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I know this is the unpopular opinion, but I don't think Will Smith looks all that bad?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    (The entire brown face is super problematic though 100%)

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't understand how this new Aladdin can, in any way, ruin the old one.

Even if this is the worst movie ever made the original is still fantastic and nothing will change that.

I just don't understand the "Disney will ruin everything" comments.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Aladdin looks worse than I feared. Did they just plaster Will Smith's face on a cg body? Badly? Yikes. And what is up with Jafar's voice? That's neither intimidating nor nefarious. He sounds like an accountant.

But the Wiseau movie looks surprisingly entertaining. It leans into the "look we are making a bad movie" thing too much but man, Tommy Wiseau is just Tommy Wiseau in it, can't fake that

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Disney will ruin everything you love

Here's the thing: I kinda expected that. What I didn't expect was them to have more money than god and make something with numerous aspects looking cheaper than straight-to-DVD parodies I've seen of the same property

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I really appreciate that BIG SHARK Official Trailer 1 (2019) Shark Movie HD was uploaded in 360p

Veldrin on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I watched Don't Look Now again this morning.

Man that movie really holds up after.. 40-something years?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh no...

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I’ve watched Hereditary and Annihilation this weekend. It’s always a bit of a treat being able to binge on the previous years media.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I eagerly await the live-action versions of my two favorite Disney animated feature films: Hercules and The Emperor's New Groove.

The first could just be an insane swords-and-sandals action/adventure.

The second would be a descent and exploration into true horror.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I would love for the live-action Disney trend to burn itself out before some brain genius decides to take a crack at live-action Pocahontas

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The genie will now be wearing cutof
    Zonugal wrote: »

I eagerly await the live-action versions of my two favorite Disney animated feature films: Hercules and The Emperor's New Groove.

The first could just be an insane swords-and-sandals action/adventure.

The second would be a descent and exploration into true horror.

I will settle for nothing less than Disney scientists figuring out how to actually turn David Spade into a real llama.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give me a live action great mouse detective

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I would love for the live-action Disney trend to burn itself out before some brain genius decides to take a crack at live-action Pocahontas

Hey man, Scarlet Johannson needs work.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Polar is an extremely frustrating movie.

It has some decent action scenes smashed in amongst the most 00s garbage of a story.

Movie, you had one job. Mads as Big Boss.

HOW DID YOU SCREW THAT UP?

I was interested in that movie and then I looked up reviews of it

hoo boy they are not kind

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Moriveth wrote: »

Gonna have to beat Emma Stone first.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

this is a good post

i bet a robin hood movie would finally make money again if they did a live action version of the disney one and brought that fuckable fox man into the third dimension

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    i bet a robin hood movie would finally make money again if they did a live action version of the disney one and brought that fuckable fox man into the third dimension

You know, I would think that

But people have not been into Sonic

I'm not sure that the fox has a full three dimensions of fuckability to him

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    you'd have to be able to see the Fox's dick, I think

well yeah, the fox uses his huge hog as a center-weight to be better at archery

it's a plot point

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Do fox dicks have like spines or barbs or anything it seems like they might

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Do fox dicks have like spines or barbs or anything it seems like they might

That's more of a feline thing, foxes are canid

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    no that's khajit

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    How do foxes get stuck together when having sex then?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

not enough lube, usually

I looked it up. It's from their weiner head swelling.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Like this, usually
    060315_Favorite-Disney-Weddings-feat-5.png

Disgusting.

This discussion has been closed.