As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The result of this [love] thread is pointedly clear

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    If it has lips we can thrill it

You're a god damn sexual pachycephalosaurus.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thank you!

Xaquin on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    You lean in, slowly, hesitantly, at first. You tilt your head and the Predator slides its hands through your hair and pulls you in

you never thought it could be like this, that you could be happy like this

the Predator tears your skull and spine from your body in one swift jerk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKJp_5lKiXI

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    One swift jerk eh?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I mean

Fishnet clothes are pretty sexy.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You know who is sexy? Dr Brian Cox

He was the keyboarding for D-Ream and he is a Professor of Astrophysics and he's the fucking best

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Plus he was in super troopers

Xaquin wrote: »
    Plus he was in super troopers

Different Cocks

I mean Cox

I mean penises

I mean....

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1o-os-TMs

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Solar wrote: »

He was the keyboarding for D-Ream and he is a Professor of Astrophysics and he's the fucking best

Also he has the most relaxing voice. If I ever become a billionaire I will hire him to sit by my bed every night and talk to me about space until I fall asleep.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    Solar wrote: »

Also he has the most relaxing voice. If I ever become a billionaire I will hire him to sit by my bed every night and talk to me about space until I fall asleep.

Just lulling you to sleep in his soft Mancunian tones as he tells you about, like, gravitational waves

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I mean

Now that I think about it a bit, fishnets don't really do it for me. Always fun to learn something new about yourself. More power to the folks that love em though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I had thought I rememberd reading brian cox was kinda super shitty on the trans front

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I mean

Now that I think about it a bit, fishnets don't really do it for me. Always fun to learn something new about yourself. More power to the folks that love em though.

Same. Always felt like I was missing something.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I had thought I rememberd reading brian cox was kinda super shitty on the trans front

I just googled it

The only thing I could find was that he said as a Professor of Physics at Manchester University he didn't feel like there should be any topic of intellectual discussion which is banned at universities.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    You're right, sorry. The stories I'm remembering seem to have been regarding his wife who had gone full terf.

Psykoma on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    We have lovely tones us mancs.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Wife bought tickets a couple months ago for a concert this Saturday. I don't want to gooooo.

Why not?

Because I want to stay home with no pants on.

Ah yes, this is a relatable conundrum.

I often even have it with things I myself planned and am looking forward to

I actually had a good time! It was my first concert. Wife bought seats on the second row. Panic at the Disco. Main singer threw something into the crowd at the end of his last song. I caught it! It was only the set list that he kept looking at whenever he went for a water break in between songs but still.
    4vcEEUG.jpg

Really good seats. I didn't take out my camera much, but I like this shot.
    tPSh5ii.jpg

Glad I went, but I'm not going to have a voice tomorrow.

Hella!

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    So, Valentine's Day is now not that far away, and this seems like an appropriate time to update on...stuff.

So, Thursday just gone, the new fella and I finally went 'official' with our relationship (we'd spent a lot of time chatting by email prior to this, talking about the future, and living arrangements longer term and all that) so that was a pretty big step. We've also got a long weekend coming up with each other at the end of this week coming (which actually quite nicely coincided with Valentine's). I think I may have mentioned some of this before, but basically the boyfriend is someone who has always historically been the one in the relationship who does the 'traditionally' romantic stuff - he would always be the one organising surprise presents, or trips away, or events; always the one doing daft, sweet things like stupid lip synch vids. We'd had a conversation a while back when swapping deets about our respective pasts where he basically outlined one surprise he had tried to organise for a previous partner that damn near drove him to a breakdown (he was working a second job to get extra money in in order to pay for a surprise holiday). So I at the time told him that surprises were nice, but to never push himself to that level for me - and I also vowed to myself that one of the first things I would do would be to organise a surprise 'something' for him. So I put the plans in place and then emailed him with instructions to take the 15th off work, and also keep himself free for that whole weekend as well. This was basically when I found out that he'd never had someone do something like that for him (he was so taken aback by me doing this, he ended up emailing a friend of his about it - their reaction was apparently something along the lines of 'well its about bloody time you were treated the way you deserve by someone else!').

So...my plans for this week coming:

Thursday 14th: boyf has the day off anyway to sort out some stuff - so he's got instructions to head down to mine once done (should turn up late afternoon) where he will find out that I have cooked my beef brisket roast dinner for him, which will be the first time I have ever cooked for him (which he has been making multiple comments about wanting to have recently, so bonus!).

Friday 15th: he has to head back to Cardiff for mid afternoon to help out his lodger with a benefits appeal, so we'll get to spend the morning together just chilling out before he heads back up there. I will then head up myself separately, and get the booking in sorted for a hotel room that I've reserved for us for the night - which means I can get that done without spoiling anything, so that his first impression of the room will be...:

nm7a6jguq9oo.jpg

Basically, he is a huge film fan (big on Disney and MCU especially, but he'll watch pretty much anything) so this room I'm hoping will be absolutely perfect for him (its the Cinema Room at the Royal Hotel in Cardiff).

Saturday 16th: left open for now - we may spend some time in Cardiff, but more likely I'll bring him back to Weston and we'll spend the day together - possibly go to the cinema and just have some together time.

Sunday 17th: more together time before I take him back home afternoon/evening.

Am super excited myself (not just at the chance to spend all that time with him) as this is the first time in my entire life that I've ever tried to organise a surprise like this.

So yeah, bring on the romance and cuddles and other stuff :biggrin:

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That rocks, man. You rock. Happy Valentine's day.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Adorable !

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

I could never book a romantic getaway in that room because I would spend the entirety of the romantic getaway completely neglecting my partner in favor of nerding the fuck out.

And also stealing all of the memorabilia and tiny shampoos.

Juggernut wrote: »
    I could never book a romantic getaway in that room because I would spend the entirety of the romantic getaway completely neglecting my partner in favor of nerding the fuck out.

And also stealing all of the memorabilia and tiny shampoos.

To be honest, I am 100% hoping that his reaction is along those lines. The Friday surprise especially is 100% about him and the fact that none of his previous boyfriends/partners have ever planned a surprise for him at all. If I can get him to totally nerd out, then that's basically the jackpot reaction :biggrin:

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    That sounds like an awesome weekend - and good for you! I hope he loves it!

Me too - at the moment the most frustrating thing is having to wait until Thursday to see him again, and having to wait until Friday until I can see his reaction to the room.

It was actually a pretty groundbreaking weekend just gone as well - I went up there yesterday (a friend of his that he does acting with is also in a choir, and they were doing a charity music event at a local church in Cardiff in support of cancer research, so we went along to support that) and stayed the night at his for the first time since we started dating (thanks to issues with the lodger that I've mentioned previously) - he messaged me earlier when we were chatting after the obligatory 'yes I got back safe' message to him, and apparently he had a huge grin on his face that I'd finally stayed the night there. Plus, he evidently had the best night's sleep he's had in a long time, which was nice to hear.

Also, in more firsts - he's not big on PDAs at all (which to be fair is really not that unusual in LGBTQIA folks of our age, given the...climate in which we grew up), plus when we go to bed, he's very much a non-cuddler when going to sleep (from what he's said about it, I gather that's an element of his Asberger's).

Anyhoo, we went for a pub meal prior to the music event (a really lovely pub just on the outskirts of Cardiff, which I'd definitely go to again). We'd eaten, and were just enjoying post-meal coffees, when he leaned towards me, told me to lean in, and we had a very romantic (but still reasonably chaste, given we were in the restaurant area) kiss. In public. That he instigated. It made us laugh because after we broke the kiss and leaned back (both grinning like idiots) we simultaneously made a comment about what a huge deal that was for him.

And then, this morning, I had my usual 'waking up stupid early because I'm in an unfamiliar bed/surroundings' and was sat there on the edge of the bed feeling a bit 'huh? wah? where am I?'. He rolled over, still half asleep and pulled me into a cuddle before we both drifted off to sleep again.

So yeah...I'm feeling very loved up and soppy at the moment.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I had the most unique message asking for a sugar daddy yet.
    If I would help them pay for their PHD. Part of me wants to tell them it was cute and a good try another just wants to ignore it

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Saturday we eatin’ fancy steak at the Ruth’s Chris, Thursday I’ma try to pop down to her workplace with a rose just to say hi. :3

Edit: also she was thinking out loud yesterday and said “we might need an actual list to remember all the stuff we plan to do together”

so now we have a google document to organize all the stuff we’re planning to do so we ain't forget to do it.

sarukun on
    I went to a party with friends last night and now everyone who was there is sick?

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have to work Valentine's night and I was kinda hoping to be a sad sack that day.

So I guess I'm going to need to reschedule my Friday to get in some quality moping.

Mostly this is an excuse to buy a nice bottle of rum and stay inside all day.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My Wife and I are going to go see the last matinée of The Lego Movie 2 on Thursday and then go out and have grilled cheese sandwiches (Theres a charity event where restaurants around town make fancy grilled cheese and $2 of it goes to the charity). Should be fun!

I also have surprise lilies showing up Tuesday to my Wife's work, and they should bloom through the week.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My wife asked me what the weight limit for receiving packages in my office is and then told me to expect a delivery on the 15th.

On a scale of 1 to "change my name and move to another state," I'm at about a 7.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    She's probably just sending you a pod.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I didn’t realize there is also a scientist called Brian Cox so I assumed you folks were talking about the actor.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Damn I could really go for a grilled cheese right now

• PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    I’m planning on telling the guy I like how I feel about him this week. I’m super nervous but he’s becoming such an important person to me and any chance of losing him without saying anything isn’t something I want to risk. Hopefully I’m not making a mistake by telling him but I guess it’s just a risk I gotta take now. I don’t want to regret not telling him. I’m sure he knows....but I still need to tell him xD I’m so bad at hiding my feelings lol

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I’m planning on telling the guy I like how I feel about him this week. I’m super nervous but he’s becoming such an important person to me and any chance of losing him without saying anything isn’t something I want to risk. Hopefully I’m not making a mistake by telling him but I guess it’s just a risk I gotta take now. I don’t want to regret not telling him. I’m sure he knows....but I still need to tell him xD I’m so bad at hiding my feelings lol

https://youtu.be/KMcfbSodTec

• PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

https://youtu.be/KMcfbSodTec

So cute and exactly how I feel! I’ll post an update on his response once I get the courage lol hopefully he feels the same way. Either way I still want him in my life even if he just wants to stay friends.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Had a lovely weekend with MY GIRLFRIEND

And that side of my life is really really great, I'm still a little confused about that actually, it's just been so smooth, I'm halfway waiting for something to go wrong just because that's what I'm used to, I guess?

Need to see the bros, it has been difficult to schedule hangouts, as two of the bros are single dads

Also two of my teammates at work are leaving, out of a four person team

One in two weeks and one next month

Ahhhhhh

There are no plans to post the jobs again either

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

You gotta let that stuff out. It's not healthy for feelings to fester, regardless if they're positive or negative. You're doing the right thing. Good luck!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    3clipse wrote: »
    My wife asked me what the weight limit for receiving packages in my office is and then told me to expect a delivery on the 15th.

On a scale of 1 to "change my name and move to another state," I'm at about a 7.

At least there were no followup questions!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.