As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I enjoy the finishing move animations on down players. Really helps sell the showmanship aspect of a televised bloodsport.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I played for a while and I finally came in first place after 17 minutes of running around with a squad of strangers.

I was deemed a Champion.

And then the EA servers crashed and I was awarded no coins/points for my achievement.

giphy.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anyone down on ps4 now?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have this on PS4

RaijinQ

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just won my first game. That peacekeeper is sick. As is a fully upgraded Spitfire. I landed at the Bunker and went inside. First thing I found was gold armor. I basically just ran straight at people after that and was rewarded with many kills.

Also killed a person with a grenade and another with Bangalore's Ult. Two more firsts for me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anyone down on ps4 now?

I just joined your party :3

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anyone down on ps4 now?

I just joined your party :3

Oh poop, sorry! I don’t know how I missed that!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Coming up behind a squad already in a fight and just rolling right over them into the other squad without stopping and also killing them is a super good feeling.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I played a handful of matches. Was killed instantly in my first, managed to kill two people in my second, then was instakilled in third and fourth games as well. So... not having a ball so far.

Getting auto grouped with people doesn’t really allow you to learn anything at all. They hauled ass off in a direction, I don’t know what to pick up, how to manage inventory, why we went where we went, stuff like that. Are there better guns or just better attachments?

Mostly this just made me want to play titanfall.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Did you do the tutorial? I found it pretty useful

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    What are you playing on?

Also sorry Pipe, Mori had to go make supper and I had to drop group as it still had Mori in ours and we couldn’t queue

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yes I did. I think I had to. I’m on PS4.

Ceno on
    I am totally down to play more later!

Yeah add me to the Origins PC list, I'll give this a shot for awhile.

bucketman86

• Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Origins PC list, WombatPA. Had my first win today -- I go back and forth, super pinned and can never miss, or 100% air balls.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I engaged in what can only be described as a full on kung-fu fight for near 30 seconds till some jabroni interrupted it all with some dumb gunfire.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Got another chicken dinner tonight thanks to a rando team mate who rezzed me, then lead the way to a good place to hole up, which ended up staying in the circle all the way to the end, then when there was one enemy left I was recharging my shield right as they ran in and shot me in the face, and my team mate ran around the corner and killed em dead while they were distracted.

I HELPED

#pipe on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    watching the streamer Shroud play this game is wild. He's just so incredibly good that he can hyper aggressively rush into any scenario and win. Every game looks like a massacre

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    watching the streamer Shroud play this game is wild. He's just so incredibly good that he can hyper aggressively rush into any scenario and win. Every game looks like a massacre

If I heard him right, he was actually part of whatever testing they did for the game prior to release. If that's true, then it's not exactly surprising he's running rings around people who just started playing at launch.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »

If I heard him right, he was actually part of whatever testing they did for the game prior to release. If that's true, then it's not exactly surprising he's running rings around people who just started playing at launch.

Yeah he was. Pair that with being a pro CS player and it's just not fair

Like, other pro streamers win most of their games, but their game flow looks pretty similar to everyone else, they're just good and have good aim. Shroud on the other hand just runs full speed until he sees something move or someone shoots at him, then that thing dies

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    got my first chicken dinner with Bucketman.

feels good.

gamepad controls are good.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Big thanks @Der Waffle Mous for dragging my sorry ass to a chicken dinner. I still have 0 kills, but I helped this time

Its weird when you die as a level 3 and the other person is level 22 with 280 kills

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The group drop controls don’t mesh that well sometimes with the supply ship. Always fun to pull up and not make it and fall to the earth while your two teammates are borne far far away.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Could be worse, you could die on the supply ship and have your death box float unreachable in midair. I'm probably gonna steer clear until that one gets patched.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    yeah I've heard of people trying to revive just kinda phasing off of the ship.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    I am always weirded out when I see people who have put tons of time into a game so close to launch

Like the game's been out 5 days and I'm playing against people who have 4 or 500 kills

Overwatch has been out for years and I still think it's weird people have like 5 gold stars

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man I must say the mobility in this game sours other games, like why can't I scramble up this 12 foot sheer vertical wall Sniper Elite 4 you stupid idiot game

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Have they released who the next character is? I've been digging into Lifeline lately and it is amazing to me that my lifeline teammates aren't dropping their ult every chance they get and eating the ult recharge items.

Also add me to the PS4 list please, PhasenWeeple.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm Fearghaill on PS4 as well

so. I won my first ever battle royale match yesterday, through absolutely no fault of my own. Jumpmaster landed us on the supply ship where we encountered another squad with the same idea and not nearly enough guns to go around. Me and an enemy Bangalore had a rather cinematic martial arts brawl on the bow of the ship, with both of us dropping smoke grenades and ducking in and out of sight. The brawl ended with me getting kicked off the ship with half my health remaining.

Cue the Yakety Sax as I ran around in a panic trying to find guns, health, armor, anything, and taking fire from at least 3 different directions as I did so. I spotted a building and ducked inside, only to find someone else was already in there, and getting immediately downed. Luckily, before they could finish me off another squad showed up and I was able to use the chaos to sneak-crawl away while bleeding out, closing the door behind me and just barely making contact with my squad for the revive.

From there I was downed again, revived again, entirely killed and then respawned, and just as I felt like I was finally geared up enough to contribute in a fight and caught up to my squad... we they won.

I want to try Caustic, but I also don't want to spend any money so...

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I like seeing people who are 10 levels above me but have maybe 4 more kills. I kind of think the class specific trackers should be free, because its neat to see that someone has just been very very good at revives or something and keeps not getting that last hit in on people.
    Phasen wrote: »
    Have they released who the next character is? I've been digging into Lifeline lately and it is amazing to me that my lifeline teammates aren't dropping their ult every chance they get and eating the ult recharge items.

Also add me to the PS4 list please, PhasenWeeple.

I initially was like oh I need to save that because it's my ultimate!

And then realized wait it is literally always it's great to drop as soon as possible because you can never have enough good defense items. Similar with the health drone, even if it doesn't heal a ton it's always better than using a pack, and it recharges quickly.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Hey what's a syringe anyway

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not much. What’s a syringe with you?

It’s the basic healing item. Considering it heals Pathfinder as well as everyone else...nanobots?

BionicPenguin on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Hey what's a syringe anyway

Syringes heal part of your healthbar, medkits heal all of it.

Excellent

I bought Mirage because I was having enough fun that I felt they'd earned a bit of my money

now I'm having even more fun. His Decoys are fairly simple (run in a straight line until they hit something and then just stand there) but they can be a good distraction in a firefight/way to check for enemies watching a door, and they're on a very short cooldown (10s) so you can just toss them out.

I also used his ultimate to flank a squad that had Mori and I and a random squadmate pinned down by a respawn beacon, and we actually won that fight! But then Rando quit before I could respawn them and Mori and I got jumped by another squad while we were looting the first group, but y'know, small victories.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I bought Mirage because I was having enough fun that I felt they'd earned a bit of my money

now I'm having even more fun. His Decoys are fairly simple (run in a straight line until they hit something and then just stand there) but they can be a good distraction in a firefight/way to check for enemies watching a door, and they're on a very short cooldown (10s) so you can just toss them out.

I heard they could do some slight contextual stuff if you pick the right moment like fire one or two off while you're landing via jumpjets to an area or actually pretending to use a respawn beacon if it runs up to one.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    At one point yesterday in the midst of a disastrous landing I ended up downed on the other side of a door from an entire enemy squad.

Turns out you can still close doors when you're crawling around on the ground, and I was able to spend most of my bleed-out timer just shutting the door every time they tried to open it to get to me.

Eventually they remembered you can break doors and that was the end of me.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code