As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I bought Mirage because I was having enough fun that I felt they'd earned a bit of my money

now I'm having even more fun. His Decoys are fairly simple (run in a straight line until they hit something and then just stand there) but they can be a good distraction in a firefight/way to check for enemies watching a door, and they're on a very short cooldown (10s) so you can just toss them out.

I heard they could do some slight contextual stuff if you pick the right moment like fire one or two off while you're landing via jumpjets to an area or actually pretending to use a respawn beacon if it runs up to one.

Maybe? I haven't looked too closely to be honest. You can definitely launch them while jumping to make it harder to tell exactly where you land though

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    JayKaos wrote: »
    At one point yesterday in the midst of a disastrous landing I ended up downed on the other side of a door from an entire enemy squad.

Turns out you can still close doors when you're crawling around on the ground, and I was able to spend most of my bleed-out timer just shutting the door every time they tried to open it to get to me.

Eventually they remembered you can break doors and that was the end of me.

I saw a clip of a streamer using Caustic's gas canisters to block the doors in one of those little rooms in Bunker. There was a full team inside and the doors would not open enough to get out because of the canisters. He then shot his gas into the room through the slightly opened door and watched them all die through the glass.

Apparently they all forgot about breaking doors.

Also I think they should change the model for the Ultimate Accelerant. It is the same item as the team banners you pick up and it is very unclear what that thing is and what you are doing with it.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also after watching Shroud, there is definitely some shenanigans you can do while launching from a balloon or at start to extend your range a great deal. Looks like some dolphin diving maneuvers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    At one point yesterday in the midst of a disastrous landing I ended up downed on the other side of a door from an entire enemy squad.

Turns out you can still close doors when you're crawling around on the ground, and I was able to spend most of my bleed-out timer just shutting the door every time they tried to open it to get to me.

Eventually they remembered you can break doors and that was the end of me.

I saw a clip of a streamer using Caustic's gas canisters to block the doors in one of those little rooms in Bunker. There was a full team inside and the doors would not open enough to get out because of the canisters. He then shot his gas into the room through the slightly opened door and watched them all die through the glass.

Apparently they all forgot about breaking doors.

Also I think they should change the model for the Ultimate Accelerant. It is the same item as the team banners you pick up and it is very unclear what that thing is and what you are doing with it.

Yeah, I saw a bit of the comments of that clip - the guy mentioned they'd tried it like four or five times and the one in the clip was the only team that didn't know you could easily melee doors to death.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Also after watching Shroud, there is definitely some shenanigans you can do while launching from a balloon or at start to extend your range a great deal. Looks like some dolphin diving maneuvers.

You build speed while dropping straight down and it takes a little bit before you lose that speed when leveling out.

You pick up a PDA thing when you recover a banner. When you use the ultimate you're sticking a chip in the bottom of the PDA thing. It took me a while to notice, but it's not exactly the same.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Since I haven't seen it posted much, if you see a little Triangle Spider Robot thing like what you get when you level up, smash that thing. It's got goodies inside.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Since I haven't seen it posted much, if you see a little Triangle Spider Robot thing like what you get when you level up, smash that thing. It's got goodies inside.

These guys are noisy too, so if you hear what sounds like a robot muttering to itself seek it out.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm bad at this game, which is sad

But what's nice is that there seems to have been a bit of an increase in Titanfall 2 players?

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Yes, there has been as a result. Someone posted a shot of TF2 being over 10k players on XB1.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    2nd place after my squad got single handedly taken out by a guy with 686 kills...

*flails hands wildly*

WHAT? That's not, is that possible? Go to sleep, guy!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    2nd place after my squad got single handedly taken out by a guy with 686 kills...

*flails hands wildly*

WHAT? That's not, is that possible? Go to sleep, guy!

There is a streamer who was at 3k just on wraith when I watched him on sunday morning. He's played a lot, and is very, very good.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    That makes me immeasurably sad for reasons I can't really articulate

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I swing between that feeling and feeling good that people with that skillset now have a viable way to monetize it. I don't think you should get automatically rewarded for being extremely good at something just because you're extremely good at it but I think you should at least have a chance.

• Options
    Also some people are just monomaniacle. He recently went full-time streaming and well, for playing like its his job, he sure is good at his job.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I have to say the turnaround from the pre-release-rumor opinion of "oh god this sounds terrible why bother" to "holy shit this is actually awesome" is refreshing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    I just want this to guarantee Titanfall 3

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Shelving Titanfall 3 to put the team on live service for Apex? You got it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

How’s the original co-op base building game mode for Fortnite coming? I feel like if this is too successful they’ll feel they need to focus on continuing to improve Apex and not leave time for things that might merely make some money instead of all of the money.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular

This was a hell of a game. Definitely a record for kills for me. By the end I had a Kraber and a Peacekeeper and we were unstoppable.

Last ring was on top of the giant bones so we climbed up and sniped the last three squads easy peasy.

Never even used my ult I don't think.

• Options
    Y'all I didn't say I thought this guaranteed Titanfall 3, I'm well aware of how this will probably shake out

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I'm soo.. Unsteady in this game? Sometimes I kill four people with a pistol dodging every shot they take at me, sometimes I can't hit four peacekeeper shots at close range. And die from what 50m away..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Luv to have oblivious teammates.

Like, I can't shoot for shit but I pay attention at least.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I think my worst teammate was a dude who
    a) had a mic that had a shit-ton of very loud static in it when it was activated
    b) had it set to voice activated
    c) would not stop talking.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...umm
    I'm soo.. Unsteady in this game? Sometimes I kill four people with a pistol dodging every shot they take at me, sometimes I can't hit four peacekeeper shots at close range. And die from what 50m away..

From what I understand most weapons in this game aren't hitscan they're just projectile with really fast travel time which might have something to do with it.

• Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    The respawn mechanic is good and fun. @Endaro
    https://youtu.be/LQUzDp6AxOs

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Origin's support absolutely can't handle their increased volume. I assume that's the case anyway, and it hasn't always been broken. I've been trying to change my Origin name for a few days, it wants me to verify a code whenever I request. The code doesn't get sent for about 8+ hours after, which by that time it is expired. Kinda annoying.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The respawn mechanic is good and fun. ~Endaro
    https://youtu.be/LQUzDp6AxOs
    At 1:15, you run past a white armor. A really handy thing to remember is that shield charge is tied to the shield item itself, not the player. So, since your shields were down you could've replaced your current, depleted white armor with that armor on the ground and instantly been back at two shields.

• Options
    Sorry to whoever just joined my party right as I quit for dinner!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Lame

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Awwww shit. Sorry, Phase!

I would say I'll make it up to you by carrying you to a victory in the future, but that's laughable really

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    All good! We can fail together later.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    An fyi from the other thread, since it is a little non obvious: http://apexlegendsmap.net/

• Options
    Woo, win #2! And I actually contributed this time!

I mean, I killed one guy, finished off a couple others, and revived someone, but that’s not nothing!

More importantly, I heckin bamboozled the hell out of some fools, distracting them and giving away their position

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    An fyi from the other thread, since it is a little non obvious: http://apexlegendsmap.net/

Thanks, I’ve been meaning to hunt one of these down to put in the OP but the last several days have been spent grinding a new copy of Let’s Go so I can get that Shiny Meltan.

• Options
    Okay so you know how each Legend has a few banner stat trackers unique to them for their special abilities?

Mirage has one called “Bamboozles” and that is now officially the only stat I care about.

• Options
    I’m a little worried that playing Mirage is giving people a false impression that I’m competent at the game though. I had one person tonight say they thought I was good because I have him already.

I had to explain that no, I just spent money and was still new to the game/battle royales in general

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I played a round today with a couple of dudes who were levels 2 and 3 respectively. I'm level 10, probably 2 or 3 hours in game, and it was clear they hadn't watched any beginner guides or even payed attention to the tutorial because I was doing simple things that blew their minds

like pinging

and adding attachments to my weapons

and using abilities

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Next you’re gonna tell me they didn’t know how to shoot!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I didn't get the peacekeeper at first

But then I got a choke for it.

Now I get it.