As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Winnie the Pooh, from his golden throne begotten of a 92 year reign, looks down capriciously upon all these upstarts that have rejuvenated themselves but the once. He steeples his honeyed fingers and his eyes narrow.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    A battle royale where 100 players have to make it through a horribly difficult gauntlet and can only survive by helping each other overcome obstacles and complete multi-person tasks. Your score at the end of any game is how many people made it all the way through. There are no guns.

I swear this was a mode in Garry's Mod back in the day

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A battle royale where 100 players have to make it through a horribly difficult gauntlet and can only survive by helping each other overcome obstacles and complete multi-person tasks. Your score at the end of any game is how many people made it all the way through. There are no guns.

Lemmings Royale

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's unintentional but doesn't Will Smith as a genie literally embody the Magical N-word trope

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I will say I love running and path finding in Apex a lot so I would 100% be into a game where the gear was all about allowing you to traverse more easily and the challenge was to get to steadily more difficult parts of the map.

Like speed boosts instead of armor, guns that shoot climbing rope... it would be neat!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    New MTGA updates are afoot this week. You can direct challenge friends to best of 3 matches and you can use discord to challenge your friends now!
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-state-beta-february-2019-02-11

Well "now" being the 14th.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'm sure it's unintentional but doesn't Will Smith as a genie literally embody the Magical N-word trope
    I think this is a no-win situation

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Are you guys reinventing mirrors edge

• Options
    I will say I love running and path finding in Apex a lot so I would 100% be into a game where the gear was all about allowing you to traverse more easily and the challenge was to get to steadily more difficult parts of the map.

Like speed boosts instead of armor, guns that shoot climbing rope... it would be neat!

Give us Starsiege Tribes: Battle Royale. DO IT COWARDS

Shazbot.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    They should've gotten the Pickle Surprise genie.

Or Jambi.

Or heck, Jason Giambi even. Anyone but Will Smith.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Wait wait, give the Tribes IP to respawn, merge Titanfall and Tribes. Wallrunning, skiing, spinfusor shooting, titan dropping, flag capping tribes warriors.
    You'd need good map design to make these work together, but I think it could be done.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    when will disney impose on us a reality where all media are simply pastiches of previous works, each only to exist to reference and glorify and rehash the works of previous generations

I dunno about them needing to impose it. Box office results indicate we'd welcome it.

I mean, at one point in time Pirates of the Caribbean was (and I guess, still is in a way) an insane idea that the head of Disney wanted to kill throughout. And yet, here we are in the current day and age, and it's been turned into a franchise and milked for all it's worth and now dead and gone.

Sure, Disney execs follow the money, but Disney execs have limited experiences like the rest of us. And if previous entries in the "rehash our old properties for a new audience" strategy is working, why stop? Why try out a story which hasn't been done before? Why not have our bets be (seemingly) very, very safe and do absolutely nothing else? Why not impose the current sense of nostalgia onto the next generation? And the next! And the next…

Rereleases and remasters won't capture new markets as well as hit new IPs, is probably the main motivating factor. Is Blizzard going to make a bunch of money from the Warcraft III remaster? Probably. Is it going to make as much as Overwatch? No way in hell.

Like, are those really comparable? Activision-Blizzard, even if they're huge, isn't the behemoth that Disney is in cinema. Like, even at Nintendo, the kings of Video Game Nostalgia with their crossover platform brawler, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, tried to offer a new story in it. And that's not mentioning that Mario and Zelda, two of the biggest nostalgic names in the industry, have tried radically experimenting lately.

I think this would be more of a comparable if Square-Enix ruled the world. :razz:

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I feel like you made that trope's name worse than just saying "negro"
    Because "N-word" is always going to be associated with the other one.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I liked both of those games and I'd love another one, though the side stuff in 2 was kinda bleh

Honestly, though, I think it would be better to have a game with similar traversal mechanics but in third person

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I realize the genie in the original cartoon was blue but why not just make him a non super cgi-ed genie?

They've already taken some liberties on the original anyways. Cave is a cave wall instead of cave from nowhere, no jasmine belly, jafar really kind of meh about maybe being an evil guy

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait wait, give the Tribes IP to respawn, merge Titanfall and Tribes. Wallrunning, skiing, spinfusor shooting, titan dropping, flag capping tribes warriors.
    You'd need good map design to make these work together, but I think it could be done.

*eyes glitter at all the movement options*

i don't care about the setting as long as it isn't warhammer* just gimme gimme gimme i want to do all the zoomies

*i'm just not a fan of warhammer's grimdarkness, geez

• Options
    Imdb doesn't have an actor for Iago

A non-speaking role, or just not revealed?

• Options

I liked both of those games and I'd love another one, though the side stuff in 2 was kinda bleh

Honestly, though, I think it would be better to have a game with similar traversal mechanics but in third person

Yeah the first person bit was iffy to me

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    when will disney impose on us a reality where all media are simply pastiches of previous works, each only to exist to reference and glorify and rehash the works of previous generations

I asked how to avoid that a couple days ago, and was told this was a feature not a bug

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Larry the Cable guy

• Options

Larry the Cable guy

Ah yes, the modern day Gilbert Gottfried

• Options

I asked how to avoid that a couple days ago, and was told this was a feature not a bug

yeah

of CAPITALISM!

ABOL—!

• Options

Larry the Cable guy

Ah yes, the modern day Gilbert Gottfried

hey cool

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I am such a genius. These culinary water bath heaters with recirculation are wonderful for controlled temperature baths. I was planning to faff around with pumps and an immersion heater but this has saved me literally minutes of walking down the corridor

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F12%2FAL_287239832990231.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&w=450&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

Jafar has a dumb hat.

• Options
    I wish more games went for granular, challenging traversal instead of superhero traversal (which is basically Assassin's Creed too) or Uncharted-style basics

3d platforming is still very hard to do, though, I guess

• Options
    I periodically see people posting that Warrior Male account on twitter and I was like oh I should follow that for chuckles

It’s just this wall to wall thing of other accounts asking him/her/them “what do you think of ___” and it’s some anime character or another

I honestly don’t hate anime at all but much like tvtropes pages, stuff like this makes me feel like maybe I do and I’m not sure why I find it so irritating in its voluminous excess from anime people

Maybe I an unfollowing warrior male

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    My partner sent a recent live DJ set of mine to a local promoter, who said he's definitely heard worse, he likes my selection, and that I should play out more

That's not quite 'trying to book me', but it's encouraging!

• Options
    I wish more games went for granular, challenging traversal instead of superhero traversal (which is basically Assassin's Creed too) or Uncharted-style basics

3d platforming is still very hard to do, though, I guess

Ass creed 1 🧗‍♂️🥇

• Options
    listen, y'all

i've been hankering for some sick-ass 3d traversal

if your game allows me to do the zoomies then i'm all ears

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    My partner sent a recent live DJ set of mine to a local promoter, who said he's definitely heard worse, he likes my selection, and that I should play out more

What does one even do with “I’ve heard worse”

• Options
    Dying Light's movement system was fun

• Options
    Dying Light's movement system was fun

I was about to say, Mirror's Edge and Dying Light

Surprisingly sparse territory though

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Try to make an even worse one?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Practice.

• Options
    I'd like ot finish Dying light but my iMac is dead

• Options
    Realtalk I invested in a set of CDJs so I can play gigs hosted by the kind of folks who don't respect Traktor and controllers

Being able to roll up with just a flash drive and play a no-frills set, without and of the fancy looping and effects that I'm accustomed to, will be good encouragement to work on the fundamentals at the very least.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i had the dumbest thought while folding my laundry.... so, the last rites in Catholic canon are called "Extreme Onction" in french, or "extreme anointing"... and all i can think is that it should be done with doritos and MTN Dew

• Options
    SLfpbC2l.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    my poor D&D party is walking wounded, one losing an arm, one a foot, one a leg, one a pinky

Notes:
    - Shoulder charging a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea
    - Attempting to catch a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea
    - Sitting down on the ground and pouting while a sphere of annihilation is lancing in and out of the floor and ceiling is a bad idea
    - Touching a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea

It think the party is suitable informed about the dangers of a sphere of annihilation, as they gave up attempting to interact with it or control it and left the area. Now the gang of handicapable friends has to fight a fucking invisible beholder on a Grease covered floor while a giant magnet sucks all their weapons away

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.