As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] thread

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Ooh, look at the time. Gotta run.

Remember to, I dunno, do your homework, y'all!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I ordered enough homebrew to make three batches of beer. Once an order is finalized, it can't be changed.

I realized too late I forgot to order yeast.

Whoops.

However, just ordering 3 yeast packets, around $12, would cost $18 in shipping.

GODDAMMIT.

I think I have some leftover yeast in my fridge. I'll have to look. Argh.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    my poor D&D party is walking wounded, one losing an arm, one a foot, one a leg, one a pinky

Notes:
    - Shoulder charging a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea
    - Attempting to catch a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea
    - Sitting down on the ground and pouting while a sphere of annihilation is lancing in and out of the floor and ceiling is a bad idea
    - Touching a sphere of annihilation is a bad idea

It think the party is suitable informed about the dangers of a sphere of annihilation, as they gave up attempting to interact with it or control it and left the area. Now the gang of handicapable friends has to fight a fucking invisible beholder on a Grease covered floor while a giant magnet sucks all their weapons away

Are you in the Tomb of Annihilation or what because holy crap

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Having seen what my room mate does when he dj's, and then seeing what some bars pay their dj's to do. There can be a vast difference in actual effort. My roomie pretty much makes mashups on the fly by mixing songs and he works the room on the fly seeing what the crowd is into and changes it up as needs be. But a LOT of djs that get paid to do so just walk in and play a spotify playlist. I didn't really believe it till I saw i for myself.

cptrugged on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Damn, got to the 3rd level boss in Slay the Spire on my first run, but then lost. Not enough block.

Easy to go too light on the block when you first start.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    my poor D&D party is walking wounded, one losing an arm, one a foot, one a leg, one a pinky

Notes:
    - Sitting down on the ground and pouting while a sphere of annihilation is lancing in and out of the floor and ceiling is a bad idea

It think the party is suitable informed about the dangers of a sphere of annihilation, as they gave up attempting to interact with it or control it and left the area. Now the gang of handicapable friends has to fight a fucking invisible beholder on a Grease covered floor while a giant magnet sucks all their weapons away

So this played out like the scene in Men In Black, you're saying.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    30 Rock's Season 5 is extremely funny wire-to-wire, maybe the best season even

I can't believe this season didn't win any emmys

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

Notes:

"What is a party's greatest enemy"

"Themselves"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular

Notes:

On the Beagsandjam stream they ran into that same encounter with a beholder a couple weeks back.
    The metal warforged player was none too pleased.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Notes:

Are you in the Tomb of Annihilation or what because holy crap

They are in the tomb of annihilation, I decided what I would do to prevent excessive long rests is have the sphere of annihilation burrow in and out of the ground. My thought process was, one of them would dodge it or take some damage as they found out their Leomund's Tiny Hut did fuck all against the thing and they would keep moving (having gotten a short rest). Instead they tried a number of idiotic things against it and one of them tried to just wrest mental control of it and failed miserable, losing her arm because she was 5 feet away from it when she tried. Combined with the fact they all make terrible dex saves

I have an injuries table for this eventuality since the game just tells you whatever part of them isn't disintegrated takes 4d10 force damage, but gives no guidance for how to handle actual injuries caused by it.

The bard used the Ring of Winter to create living, functional prosthetic limbs for two people instead of creatures. It's an artifact of unimaginable power so I totes am down with that and made it so. They decided that since the sorceress Xandala is kind of an asshole so let her just get by with no foot, using her staff as a cane. Xandala isn't suppose to be in here, but they all but trapped her in the tomb and she has no choice but to assist them, they also agreed to discuss letting her have the Ring of Winter if she helps them. She is a *very* powerful NPC to have as an ally so it will hopefully balance out their stupidity.

override367 on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Having seen what my room mate does when he dj's, and then seeing what some bars pay their dj's to do. There can be a vast difference in actual effort. My roomie pretty much makes mashups on the fly by mixing songs and he works the room on the fly seeing what the crowd is into and changes it up as needs be. But a LOT of djs that get paid to do so just walk in and play a spotify playlist. I didn't really believe it till I saw i for myself.

Yeah, most gigging DJs are being paid to deliver the hits or classics to bars or weddings, at which point mixing is a waste of time as nobody cares.

I pretty much exclusively play house these days and couldn't manage a bar gig if I had to.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I was about to say EA should make a sequel to Mirror's Edge but then I remembered ... they did.

Mirror's Edge 2 must not have set the gaming world on fire.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

Yeah, most gigging DJs are being paid to deliver the hits or classics to bars or weddings, at which point mixing is a waste of time as nobody cares.

I pretty much exclusively play house these days and couldn't manage a bar gig if I had to.

it's no-no-no-not luuuuupusssss
    imbi imbi imbecile
    *bass drop*

Bless your heart.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Dying Light's movement system was fun

I enjoyed Dying Light a great deal. I'm really looking forward to Dying Light 2.

vRyue2p.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    because house as in dr house and not the genre
    appreciate my rapier wit

Bless your heart.
    edited February 2019
    Err not beholder, invisible Death Tyrant. I put Belchazor's lair in Chult just as a kind of "oh we'll stay away from that", instead they managed to kill him at the cost of half of their allies and 2 player characters. Since he's supposed to be in the tomb once they got there I figured, hey he still can be! Acererak knows how to make death tyrants!

override367 on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    A link to a set from a burn this summer. I was asked to play a sunset set with chilled-out dancy vibes. When I arrived, the person before me was playing hip-hop off her phone (hence my first track selection)

The guy after me showed up and started trying to plug his flash drive into my laptop, which is a faux pas to say the least, hence my playing an extra 20 minutes of whatever while I waited for him to get his shit together so I could go change for the party.

This one went off really well - had a decent crowd going, and the camp manager commented that he appreciates when someone with the skill to play a reserved, "not peak hour bangers set" actually wants to play a set outside of peak hours.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    this blonde russian on gbbo, julia...

this is the first season i'm watching without mary, idk how to feel

Mary is the part of the show that the new version misses the least, I think. I miss Mel and Sue, though Noel and Sandi are great too, but Prue seems honestly better than Mary. More fun.

Noel and Sandi are much better in their second season in my opinion

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    TTODewback wrote: »

it's no-no-no-not luuuuupusssss
    imbi imbi imbecile
    *bass drop*

I am 100% going to edit a track to proceed with a big electro build and cut out just long enough to drop a sample of Zizek saying "[sniff] pure ideology" before the breakdown hits

TTODewback wrote: »
    because house as in dr house and not the genre
    appreciate my rapier wit

oh, i get it

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Why would you put in more effort than they are willing to pay you?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

Notes:

On the Beagsandjam stream they ran into that same encounter with a beholder a couple weeks back.
    The metal warforged player was none too pleased.

I have watched Beagle in forever. Not since he was actively doing his first playthrough of Long War in XCOM. They're doing D&D now? I need to check that out.

edited February 2019
    I also lost a party member because she air elementaled through a narrow corridor into a room with a Tomb Guardian and a succubus (the party is much higher level than they should be, so I figured the heckin chonker could use some help). She went in there and fought them tooth and nail for a little while and then fled. Okay, cool, now you have advance knowledge about a guy controlling a tra-

"I'm going back in"
    "aren't you at like 40 hp?"
    "Yeah but i have full health in druid form and an amulet that teleports me out"

*flies back in*
    *gets fucking clobbered*
    *succubus charms her and takes the amulet and kisses her*

rip

override367 on
    Brody wrote: »

This is true if you're playing music you don't care about

Personally if I get to showcase my fav choons then I'm going in, bb

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Also critical role season 2 party choices for talking to important NPCs

Caduceus: "This situation requires honesty, verbal finesse, tact, and probably someone with Arcane knowledge. Beau you're coming with me"

Me: what

Beau: *immediately starts lying to the powerful wizard*

Me: Jesus Christ

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I was about to say EA should make a sequel to Mirror's Edge but then I remembered ... they did.

Mirror's Edge 2 must not have set the gaming world on fire.

I don't think it was bad. But I believe the consensus was that it was just more of the same. Which works for a lot of games. But Mirror's Edge's hype came from it's interesting take. Which I guess wasn't as fresh and interesting the second time around.

2 did use my favorite Chvrches song in it's soundtrack though. Which is a bonus.

Caduceus: "This situation requires honesty, verbal finesse, tact, and probably someone with Arcane knowledge. Beau you're coming with me"

hahaha yes

I remember season one when they sat outside the gates of the capital city of the desert coming up with a devious lie to get to see the ruler of the country when one of them said
    Percy: "Guys, we're famous adventurers here seeking aid to defeat evil dragons that are besieging our homeland, and I'm a foreign head of state, can't we just walk up and be honest?"
    Scanlan: "Be honest?! We've never done that, how do you even do that"

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oncologist recommended that my dad put chemo on pause because the cancer is holding steady and his immune system is still fighting it.

I guess that's good? Huh.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    hmm, against all good advice Fraucron and I went for a walk through the park behind our house last night - and this park does not get treated during the winter.
    So, of course, I slipped and hit my head on ice... it seems fine but my neck is a little sore. Whiplash, i'm going to assume.

I hope this doesn't drag on, I wasn't thinking when I went to massage the sore part and approached it from the front, so it did kinda look like I was choking myself while grunting gently....

sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The guy after me showed up and started trying to plug his flash drive into my laptop

@desc this blatant disregard for opsec

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The guy after me showed up and started trying to plug his flash drive into my laptop

desc this blatant disregard for opsec

@Echo strikes again

To be fair, Beau told a very generous interpretation of the truth, instead of outright lying.

Matt definitely should have made her roll, though, because there was definitely some level of deception going on.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    T

Tilder I don’t want to alarm u but ur house set was definitely bot netted and compromised a nuclear reactor in Ukraine

Brody wrote: »

In the case of my roomie, it's not his primary employment and he just loves dj'ing. He loves it when folks come up to him and compliment him on how much more they like when he works than the spotify using folks folks. But I dunno, for 250 for six hours of work it seems like you'd want at least a little mixing.

edited February 2019

hahaha yes

I remember season one when they sat outside the gates of the capital city of the desert coming up with a devious lie to get to see the ruler of the country when one of them said
    Percy: "Guys, we're famous adventurers here seeking aid to defeat evil dragons that are besieging our homeland, and I'm a foreign head of state, can't we just walk up and be honest?"
    Scanlan: "Be honest?! We've never done that, how do you even do that"

Yeah the decision to bring Beau along as his +1 to talk to the Arch Mage in Nicodranas was just bonkers.

It got better and worked out in the end, but listening to Beau start fucking lying right off the bat was like "you have chosen...poorly"

Havelock2.0 on
    desc wrote: »
    T

Tilder I don’t want to alarm u but ur house set was definitely bot netted and compromised a nuclear reactor in Ukraine

Alexi! The centrifuges aren't meant to operate at 124k BPM! Sound the alarm!

Is Alexi the Russian knockoff of Alexa?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    T

Quick, put on your adidas pants and squat on the reactor

T

Quick, put on your adidas pants and squat on the reactor

the reactor was a homeless man the entire time

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.