As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Inheriting Fast Act 10 onto a variety of Magicite decks, perhaps?

I personally would just inherit one onto an Evrae, myself, since I’m always using Evrae.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well...I already have Fast Act 8 on Evrae. Also I'm dumb I didn't read Bartz USB1 text and was using his Glint while under the effect of Elarra's QC. I probably should've just used his SB on Call of Earth.

Well regardless, I'm looking at pUSB from the Dream Select. Lesse I have: Lightning P&M Gen 1 Chain, Fire P&M Gen 2 Chain, Gen 2 P Water Chain. That's a lot of elements I could use pUSB (Lightning, Wind, Holy and Dark). Tho I wonder how useful it might be...I don't think Cloud USB1 plays nice with pUSB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    You need to use Cloud’s Ultra after Onions, or the 100% crits will be overwritten with 50% crits.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Had a genuinely good run on Phoenix going (read: if I honed two abilities up to R5 I'm pretty sure it would land sub-60?), and encountered a new level of frustration: it is theoretically possible to have a an instant healing USB being cast during an enemy attack, but if that enemy attack inflicts sap and does 2 hits to everyone (causing last stand to be triggered) while radiant shield is high, radiant shield takes long enough to process all damage for the sap to tick once, killing anyone who had last stand trigger before the healing USB cast is processed.

edited February 2019
    Yeah! I killed Hecatonchier!

Summoning Typhon late (just before the first chain expired) was the secret to surviving the final phase. As was employing Steal Power to both reduce his power and keep Bartz up after Onion’s Ninja Mode fell off. Between his Blind, Dispel Haste, and Crush Weapon, there were a fair number of plates to spin, so it came down to finding the right rotation for the whole team. There is a reason why Relm has a second Ultra Cure instead of Curada. Burst Mode helped for counteracting the damage drop, as did Bartz and Luneth’s burst commands for improving damage.

I used Luneth’s Arcane around the same time as Typhon. And it most assuredly did a TON of damage. But I believe this team could secure the kill with his Overstrike instead.

Enlong on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got my 4th Heca and done with that for now. I should try the magic one, and then I still have to loop back to do the wind Magicites.

Guess I don't really need to pick UltraCloud now, though it's still something I have hated missing everytime it pops up.

Phoenix down!

Pun not intended, I swear I didn't see it until I typed it.

48s, not Mastery. Team:

Elarra (crit bard r4, hastega, USB, LMR, dive)
    Curilla (magic breakdown, mind breakdown, USB, LMR technically)
    Wakka (sapphire r4, shot r3, USB, dive)
    Bartz (5* R3, 6* R4, dive, LMR, wBSB)
    Aerith (curada, shellga, USB2, dive)

While typing this out, it occurred to me that Elarra's LM1 would be better than LM2. I didn't try to work in Bartz's Glint, but it might tighten things a bit.

Considering whether Alph with summons would be better than curilla because of the whole minimum damage thing.

If nothing else, Alphy could help out with the healing a bit.

Yeah, swapped him in and cut it down to 44.33s. I had some insane dualcast luck in the start, if that was changed to the end instead, when imperil is maxed, I could have this sub-40, probably

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Summoning Typhon late (just before the first chain expired) was the secret to surviving the final phase. As was employing Steal Power to both reduce his power and keep Bartz up after Onion’s Ninja Mode fell off. Between his Blind, Dispel Haste, and Crush Weapon, there were a fair number of plates to spin, so it came down to finding the right rotation for the whole team. There is a reason why Relm has a second Ultra Cure instead of Curada. Burst Mode helped for counteracting the damage drop, as did Bartz and Luneth’s burst commands for improving damage.

I used Luneth’s Arcane around the same time as Typhon. And it most assuredly did a TON of damage. But I believe this team could secure the kill with his Overstrike instead.

If you could get an Arcaneless kill I think that would be the first in GL.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

If you could get an Arcaneless kill I think that would be the first in GL.

Nah, there'd be at least one before me [link]. one of his variants uses the Cloud Ultra strategy, but apparently he also did it with Vaan Ultra in Cloud's stead. Mind, he's also rocking stuff like Ignis Burst.

Died a bunch of times getting the fourth, but Phoenix is "done".

You're up, Belias

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Thinking about the Dream Selects, and what could help me for Syldra, but also I don't want to lock myself out of Adamantoise either, so I have to keep it in mind as well.

USB: Mulling Squall USB2 or Fujin USB. Squall is useful immediately, he's already LD'ed, and it'd be my first +Ice Sword. On the other hand I'm planning to go after Sora's Awakening. Fujin I have her AOSB already, so she'd be pretty good for Tortuga, even if her LD is Quickcast 3 cycle instead of W-cast. Barbie USB is a +Wind dagger, in a vacuum (get it) is stronger than Fujin USB, and her LD is W-cast Wind.
    BSB: Iffy on doing this at all. Maybe Noel BSB2? His third would've been perfect, but I guess it's too recent. Possibly Barbie or Fujin BSB?
    LMR: Ignis LMR would make the start of Syldra so much more manageable. If I grabbed his BSB2, Noel W-cast or +25% sword damage would further boost him. Elarra LMR for Bard medica chases for Adamantoise (caster fights in general). Initial EnWind for Fujin/Barbie maybe.

The main problem is Cold Offering comes out Wednesday, and the Selection goes away Thursday, so not a lot of time to attempt Syldra, see if it's possible or if I need something, clear it 4 times, build a Syldra for Tortuga, run Tortuga, and then see if it's possible or if I need something.

Something to keep in mind is that they’ll most assuredly do dream selects again if that’s really what you want to do.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ignis bsb really went from something I’ve never heard of to something I want quickly.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Ignis bsb really went from something I’ve never heard of to something I want quickly.

It's okay, but really slow to start without his LMR. Kind of like Onion Knight, tbh.

Ah. I have onion LMR but without either usb he doesn’t hit the floor very often.

I’m fine with slow to start though, as long as I can finish. I don’t need to sub anything. Just want to clear these stupid things and stop wasting time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Was waffling between Ysayle and Snow USB for the draw, picked Ysayle, got Snows in the daily draw the very next day

Aw geez. I have one more copy of Heck to get, and I seem to have forgotten my proper rotation. I've spent like 6 or 7 attempts this morning dropping dead at the final hurdle in about as many different ways. It really is a delicate balance to get everything firing at the right times.

Grrr. I keep like...just ending up missing on piece or another for Belias.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Neat, if you kill trap door fast enough, you don't even see chimera brain. Just like the actual game!

Apocalypse++ mission was much easier than they have been lately; Rydia triple casting Tritoch burns down the bombs very quickly.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Forgot to mention, but got a shared VIII Shellga armor in the daily draw the other day. :P

...boy, I need to finish some of the outstanding events. STill got that VIII one to do.

All these cm that require specific characters are obnoxious. I can’t be expected to read every cod mission.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    All these cm that require specific characters are obnoxious. I can’t be expected to read every cod mission.

What, you used Russian? :P

I am an acolyte of the trouple king.

I really want to pull in this banner 2 mostly for Rydia usb and magic double cast usb. Only have one dupe but both bursts and most of the LMR are pretty worthless.

Should probably save my thrill for fourth.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited February 2019
    I am an acolyte of the trouple king.

I really want to pull in this banner 2 mostly for Rydia usb and magic double cast usb. Only have one dupe but both bursts and most of the LMR are pretty worthless.

Should probably save my thrill for fourth.

Oi, I'll have you know that Tellah's burst was a major player in my King Behemoth team, before I got Onion's sage ultra (not that I used Onion for BK; I got him later). It's still a very good mage team buff (Hastega, MAG buff, and 3 turns of quickcast), though Tellah himself can't do stuff like Entrust.

Enlong on
    Perhaps worthless is a bit strong but he’s not bumping garnet Kain Maria or shantytown off my geocitirs team. Promo would. Or plain. Whichever one is he boy. I think i could beat geocities with double cast plus double cast ultra.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

FF4-2 100 gems: what else but failure

Data for posterity:
    9 misses in a row

39/365 lifetime

1/15 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

I am very surprised you started a new batch. With the commentary on the last batch.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Yeah. I really think this isn’t worth continuing to do 100 gem pulls at all.

Okay I found this and it helped me not pull here. The good stuff from this banner 2 is coming back with two awakenings on it in 4 months or so. I can wait.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a3nxgf/accompanied_by_twin_stars_jp_megathread_iv/

2 Awakenings, 3 Arcanes.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I should have *roughly* 350 mythril hoarded for the KH banner, shooting for Sora's AASB.

I have like 200? If my previous math was right? Hoping for something good.

———-

So, Mog is the character to get the FFVI realm chain, and it’s adorable. It’s a nice sequel to his Burst animation.

I have like 200? If my previous math was right? Hoping for something good.

———-

So, Mog is the character to get the FFVI realm chain, and it’s adorable. It’s a nice sequel to his Burst animation.

Man...I love LOVE how the FFRK team knows what to reference in each game. That one is really good.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Ok I just realized...I don't have like many OSBs at all. How...screwed I am for 5* magicite fights? I mean Stone Press with Quetz was pretty tame but how about the rest?

You only really need to break the rages that make them take less damage. You can usually use the previous element's 5* magicite to do this if you can get it, imperil them or launch a chain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I've done 7 5*s so far and I haven't broken a rage with an a/osb yet.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I've done 4 and used an OSB to break rage on 3. It really depends on what else you have and how quick you can kill them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.