As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Totally Accurate Battle Sim (EA) out today!

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Nioh: Complete Edition has hit a historical low on Gamesplanet, heads up

is the site on the level? I've never heard of it

It is, yes. Obviously feel free to do your own background check, but it's not a grey market site.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

It is, yes. Obviously feel free to do your own background check, but it's not a grey market site.

I didn't mean to sound accusatory

EDIT: out of stock anyway

PiptheFair on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Thronebreaker is pretty good now. I'm in Chapter 3, and the most powerful member of the Milfguard just left because I wasn't killy enough.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Had a great SaNG and SuNG!

For SaNG Ghlinn, Pimsy and I managed to finish off the Cleaners' leader when I wasn't charging in thinking I was a badass. Mistakes were made but we rarely had to go back to a checkpoint, just babysit the downed 'Roz.

As for tonight's SuNG we played some lovely Astroneer! Ianator (who gave helpful tips), vamen and Spoit joined forces with me to carve out a place in this brave new world--when the connections allowed. While it's really easy to join, if the host's connection decides not to like you there is not much to do. Still, jolly coop was to be had as I finished the evening taking the tractor in search of Copper, which I did, and then became lost away from base for an hour.

Also caves can just sneak up on you.

Thanks for all the fun games!

In other news I beat Injustice 2's story campaign. Lots of dumb fun, it reminds me of watching Saturday morning cartoons of yore--except I have to button mash my way through to see the story. Satisfying when the computer decides not to destroy me but then I'm not much of a fighting game enthusiast. Nether Realm just executes these silly stories that are a joy to play.

I lucked out and got it from a blind box on Fanatical for $5? And the campaign clocked in at 5 hours. Could have longer legs for those more interested in fighting games, but otherwise wait for a deep sale.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Edith Finch was well made but it was also miserable and i'm not sure what sort of point it was making. Some incredibly well-crafted scenes though. They're awful, but holy shit.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Thronebreaker is pretty good now. I'm in Chapter 3, and the most powerful member of the Milfguard just left because I wasn't killy enough.

Milfguard is a Good Joke™

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Edith Finch was well made but it was also miserable and i'm not sure what sort of point it was making. Some incredibly well-crafted scenes though. They're awful, but holy shit.

this video's a good breakdown of what they were going for point-wise, albeit a long one because it includes a full recap. spoilers and stuff

https://youtu.be/6bMn4CoyUkM

I didn't mean to sound accusatory

EDIT: out of stock anyway

I didn't take it as accusatory, it's just a weird question to answer with anything more helpful than "it's not like G2A"

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Instead of doing the research on this, I basically trust isthereanydeal.com

They will only list games on sites they trust.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    FNG games for 2/14 - 2/17

TNG 4pm: Iron Brigade
    FNG 4pm: TTS Secret Hitler (let's make it happen!)
    SaNG 4pm: The Division
    SuNG 7pm: The Forest

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tender as a vampire dating app is pretty good

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Thanatology is the worst track by the most unbearable band

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I had no idea Crackdown 3 was coming out.

Yeah wtf man, am i going to actually have a reason to use my XBone? Cept it apparently has zero marketing dollars...thats...not reassuring. think ill wait for the reviews.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Yeah wtf man, am i going to actually have a reason to use my XBone? Cept it apparently has zero marketing dollars...thats...not reassuring. think ill wait for the reviews.

It's also coming to the Windows store if you feel up to dealing with that.

You can also pay $10 for a month of Game Pass and play it through that.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Also there is nothing tough or cool about eating cats, there is nothing tough or cool about Alf

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    nkmgY9F.jpg
    alf is back

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    did he ever really leave

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

They’re actually doing a deal right now where your first month is $1. Doesn’t work if you have an active subscription, it might work if you had a sub in the past that has expired.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I don't have a problem buying the game for my xbone. I'm just shocked its finally getting released after all this time...as well as a little worried by the complete lack of marketing over the last 6 months.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I had subbed to game pass in the past so I dont have the $1 deal, but until the 21st theres a deal where its $2 a month for two months.
    EDIT: Whoops, this is different than the last deal like this. This time it's just $2 for 2 months, buy one get one free.

Crippl3 on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    did he ever really leave

No, the show was cancelled before he could.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Aistan wrote: »

this video's a good breakdown of what they were going for point-wise, albeit a long one because it includes a full recap. spoilers and stuff

https://youtu.be/6bMn4CoyUkM

I also found this video about mental health and the Finch family pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAsp_LYZfQ4

Overall I'd say the game was a solid two hours that stuck with me but I wouldn't put it above stuff like Oxenfree or Night In The Woods.

RANKING OF STORY DRIVEN GAMES
    1. Oxenfree
    2. Life is Strange
    3. Night In The Woods
    4. Life is Strange Before The Storm
    5. What Remains of Edith Finch
    6. Firewatch
    7. The Beginner's Guide

!!NEW!!
    Life is Strange 2
    !!NEW!!

...hmmm. Actually for that joke to work I need to fill out the bottom of the list with some real crap. What's the Double Dragon V of narrative focused adventure games?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Nighttrap???

icGJy2C.png
    Does Indigo Prophecy count? Because that would probably be the bottom of my list until some real Greenlight trash came around.

Mwx884o.jpg
    how long is Edith Finch?

how long is Edith Finch?

less than 3 hours, probably 2 for most people

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

After the first vignette I really didn't think Edith Finch was going to get everything in before two hours was up but they managed it.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I just finished my first successful game of Sunless Skies. I think the Incognito Princess' storyline might be my favorite companion arc ever. It just nails the Failbetter balance of whimsy and terror so well.
    I haven't finished her's yet, but it is fun so far. I love how birds keep inexplicably showing up in her cabin, followed by bird corpses. Also, the bit where she removes her disguise to reveal her true identity to you, by removing her "commoner's tiara" and putting on a more ostentatious one is probably my favorite joke in the game.
    Her whole arc was written by Kieron Gillen, fun fact

How did y'all resolve her story?
    I didn't interfere with the wedding, she turned into a bee-god, and I tossed her semi-sentient sloughed-off skin suit into forever jail.
    I made the exact same choices. I am curious yet apprehensive to see some of the other outcomes.

I just finished her story and went the other way from you guys.
    All this business about wells and candles just reeks of Seeking-Mr-Eaten's-Name, and we'll be having none of that aboard this ship. So I threw her ring down the well. She was able to bend the rules of reality, as is her nature, to stop the ring, but only momentarily before her well-husband pulled them both down. As she realized what was happening, she pulled a bit of my life down with her, knocking down a bunch of my stats, but I was able to secure her bridal tiara, the most expensive and extravagant of them all!

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
    how long is Edith Finch?

less than 3 hours, probably 2 for most people

Perfect, thanks!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I would have liked The Beginner's Guide more if the narrator talked at least 50% less. I think my favorite walking simulator might be Tacoma? It all worked really well.

After the first vignette I really didn't think Edith Finch was going to get everything in before two hours was up but they managed it.

I was surprised as well, especially since I tend to hang out in these games and look at the environments. But I 100%ed it in less than three hours. And I really liked the game fwiw

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    100 hours into Cultist Simulator I discover
    patrons.

or at least I learned they exist for non-Dancer legacies.

in my defense, I mostly acquired followers via the "peculiar rumor" path, which never brings one up. Once I had a system in place to handle (or at least, try to handle) the notoriety, I decided it would be fine to 'speak on esoteric matters'.

Tamin on
    Coinage wrote: »
    I would have liked The Beginner's Guide more if the narrator talked at least 50% less. I think my favorite walking simulator might be Tacoma? It all worked really well.

I have a special place for Dear Esther which was, at the time, basically unique. I don't think it stands up now that other people have iterated upon the genre though.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    did he ever really leave

he did, but he died on the way back to his home planet :\

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Coinage wrote: »

I have a special place for Dear Esther which was, at the time, basically unique. I don't think it stands up now that other people have iterated upon the genre though.

Dear Esther was super interesting to me, because I never played it until I first got to play around with a VR dev kit. Motion sickness aside, it created a really amazing way to experience that game.

8406wWN.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.starbreeze.com/2019/02/starbreeze-sells-back-system-shock-3-publishing-rights-to-otherside-entertainment/
    Starbreeze isn't publishing System Shock 3 anymore, which is not that surprising considering Starbreeze is self-destructing under a bunch of fraud and bad decisions.

Please exercise appropriate caution when excusing famously litigious companies of serious crimes

This discussion has been closed.