As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Marvel] Thread: Now in WandaVision!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    i'm sorry

we're getting a dazzler show?
    Yes but Chelsea Handler is writing it so the monkey's paw takes its toll

just pretend i posted that worst possible answer panel from achewood here and that it was actually funny for once

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    eaurkwvbxlcz.jpg
    Steve, that jacket is fresh as hell

Apparently WotR has each of the armies of Malekith's forces A) winning and B) claiming a continent for themselves with what heroes are left dividing into teams to try and rebel against the new overlords

This is the team for North America, which is now New Jotunheim

Oh, well THAT explains all the cold recently.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    i'm sorry

we're getting a dazzler show?
    Yes but Chelsea Handler is writing it so the monkey's paw takes its toll

just pretend i posted that worst possible answer panel from achewood here and that it was actually funny for once

You demand far too much from my imagination.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    lswo96e6htlo.jpg
    This style makes me think its gonna be a cheaply made Flash animated joint

Also I am surprised they went for the 4 series leading into a crossover series approach AGAIN after Defenders flopped

CYpGAPn.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    who gets antarctica

liEt3nH.png
    who gets antarctica
    Roxxon, they're drilling it dry baybeeee

CYpGAPn.png
    edited February 2019
    lswo96e6htlo.jpg
    This style makes me think its gonna be a cheaply made Flash animated joint

Also I am surprised they went for the 4 series leading into a crossover series approach AGAIN after Defenders flopped
    The streaming network and Marvel will create four new animated series, all executive produced by Jeph Loeb

EDIT: Also that's a decent redesign of Tigra. Curious if they'll have Dazzler be a retro-inspired audience, or if they'll actually have her be from the 70's.

Undead Scottsman on
    Jeph Loeb produces literally every Marvel show, thats his job

CYpGAPn.png
    edited February 2019
    Jeph Loeb produces literally every Marvel show, thats his job

Yes? Jeph Loeb has a habit of turning things he touches to shit, was my point.

Undead Scottsman on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    God that just looks like Drawn Together

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    who gets antarctica
    Roxxon, they're drilling it dry baybeeee

i feel like you would not need to make a deal with malekith to drill somewhere on earth

liEt3nH.png
    Straightzi wrote: »
    God that just looks like Drawn Together

It doesn't make me feel vaguely like I should be sent to prison for seeing it, so actually it looks nothing like Drawn Together to me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

you're right

adam corolla should voice howard the duck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    eaurkwvbxlcz.jpg

Apparently WotR has each of the armies of Malekith's forces A) winning and B) claiming a continent for themselves with what heroes are left dividing into teams to try and rebel against the new overlords

I like that the others are all borrowing fancy Asgardian weapons and spider-man just goes "ooh neat hat"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    JayKaos wrote: »

I like that the others are all borrowing fancy Asgardian weapons and spider-man just goes "ooh neat hat"

At least he's participating, unlike Logan.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Am I off base, or has the cowboy hat only really become Logan's Thing in the last couple of years

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    It’s been a part of his attire since at least the late 70s/early 80s, though when it comes up varies. I remember it during he early part of Claremont’s run, it coming up again as a loon during the Morrison run, Cassidy Inthink kept it, etc.

Yeah it's been a part of his civvys forever. Lately he just hasn't really been in-uniform, so it's showing up more often

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

At least he's participating, unlike Logan.

He wears his Nordic Berserker on the inside.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SMOKES

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    To be fair, his body don’t care.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Charlie Xavier, because calling him Chuck would have been disrespectful.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Chaz xavier

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Chaz xavier

Chuckie X

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Chip xavier

NREqxl5.jpg
    Wolverine still not being able to smoke is just the weirdest editorial flex

I get Joe Quesada has personal reasons for hating smoking, I am not exactly a fan either for similar reasonsz but declaring NO MARVEL CHARACTER CAN SMOKE EVER AGAIN just seems so unnecessary

CYpGAPn.png
    X-Chuckles

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Wolverine still not being able to smoke is just the weirdest editorial flex

I get Joe Quesada has personal reasons for hating smoking, I am not exactly a fan either for similar reasonsz but declaring NO MARVEL CHARACTER CAN SMOKE EVER AGAIN just seems so unnecessary

Nah, I'm all for kid's media making smoking a non-thing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Is him not smoking like, a thing now?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think, character wise, it makes sense for Logan to smoke

I also don't think thats worth showing him smoking and making kids think its cool

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Comics have not been a kids media for decades now

There is a reason they have to specifically designate which comics are for kids

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Now hold on, I'm getting a news report that *checks notes* BIFF! BAM! POW! comics aren't just for kids anymore?

i mean, don't have logan lighting up in the middle of the next x-men cartoon, but i don't think him smoking in one of his very violent comics/solo flicks is necessarily a thing that needs to be excised.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Like that's going to stop kids from reading Wolverine comics

I think it's great if they wanna show that superheroes don't smoke

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    i mean, don't have logan lighting up in the middle of the next x-men cartoon, but i don't think him smoking in one of his very violent comics/solo flicks is necessarily a thing that needs to be excised.

Those two things are completely disparate. I don't really like how glorified violence is in our media either but that's fuckin' EVERYWHERE and also doesn't have the same knock-on effect. Smoking as an image thing is very easily solved by the exact thing we've been seeing--making it basically non-represented as a part of heroic imagery.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wolverine disrespectfully blowing foul tobacco smoke into the eyes of a freshly decapitated human head

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Okay, but which X-Man vapes?

The message of basically every Wolverine comic is "Logan has led a hard, painful life and you should not emulate what he does"

My dad died of lung cancer because he smoked 3 packs a day

I get smoking is terrible

But I also think it is really unnecessary to issue a blanket ban to all writers and artists to prevent them from showing smoking in any comics ever forever

I don't want Spider-Man smoking some Marbolos while he is punching Doc Ock, but getting 15 years of Logan having random bits of straw or toothpicks and just angrily throwing them to the ground is very stupid and unnecessary. Especially when he, and other characters like Thor, are able to drink like sailors every other issue and that's given the A-Okay.

DC hasn't issued a blanket ban on smoking and you don't see fuckin Batman sitting there inhaling a pack each issue, but Constantine is still able to be a shitty gutter man who smokes because he is a trash bag who is half a step away from death and that is what he does.

Acting like banning literally any Marvel character (including villains) from smoking is some moral victory rather than an editor arbitrarily banning something from every book in the company just because he doesn't like it is unrealistic.

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wolverine is pretty explicitly a character that you should not be emulating

Like, he's not being presented as the heroic standard while he's got a camel dangling from his lips or nothin'

Side note: do we know what brand Logan smokes?

This discussion has been closed.