As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That Obi-Wan quote is gold. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/8/expand-your-operations/
    gx1etpdtqfji.png
    e9q63dbzxyyn.png
    rk00wqwx5t8h.png

Oh shiiiiiii
    The A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack contains everything you need to add one of these powerful fighters to your Rebel squadrons, including a fully re-sculpted A/SF-01 B-wing ship miniature—now featuring folding wings, a spinning cockpit, and a body that can rotate on the peg.

Also the Resistance Transport is another 2-in-1 ship, where the cockpit can detach and be flown separately (there are 2 dials pictured, so it looks like it maneuvers differently).
    The droid bomber has an interesting dial too (blue 2 straight and turns, but 2-banks are white).

Oh looks like a new cannon too. It has the autoblaster art.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack contains everything you need to add one of these powerful fighters to your Rebel squadrons, including a fully re-sculpted A/SF-01 B-wing ship miniature—now featuring folding wings, a spinning cockpit, and a body that can rotate on the peg.

I thought I was out. Switching to 2e was my exit, I didn't want to upgrade my fleets.
    But everytime I get out, they pull me right back in.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oh, hell yes on the new B-Wing.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh hey, BT and 000 in an imperial pack (Decimator). Also Vader, Inquisitor, and Seventh Sister. And Kallus. But I already have everything there but the droids...

Edit: So many people are going to be happy about the Naboo Starfighter. I only really care about the droid bomber I think...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Extremely disappointed the Naboo fighter has barrel roll instead of a unique to the chassis action: spinning.

But seriously going to say "that's a neat trick" after every barrel roll.

In for some Naboo fighters and a Resistance transport. Holdo crew better do something like "destroy all targets in your bullseye at any range and remove this ship from the game."

With the crew options I might have to be in on decimator even though it's a dumb looking ship.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    ... I don't care that I already own 3 B-wings.

I don't care that I don't actually play this game.

I must get 3 of this new B-wing design, and then pay someone to paint up one of them as the Dagger Squadron version from Rebel Aces.

Also: Can anyone tell at a glance what was re-sculpted about the TIE Silencer?

Edit: Facebook comments said they made it smaller. Yay for that whole prototype vs. in-movie thing with Lucasfilm!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... I don't care that I already own 3 B-wings.

I don't care that I don't actually play this game.

I must get 3 of this new B-wing design, and then pay someone to paint up one of them as the Dagger Squadron version from Rebel Aces.

Also: Can anyone tell at a glance what was re-sculpted about the TIE Silencer?

Edit: Facebook comments said they made it smaller. Yay for that whole prototype vs. in-movie thing with Lucasfilm!

I suggest this person;

MG_3286-copy-762x294.jpg

MG_3349-copy-762x294.jpg

MG_3294-copy-762x294.jpg

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    That dude's Starviper]... damn that's pretty.
    Think it would look better without the Mandalorian skull on it, but still some really impressive work.

Edit: With that news, guess I'd better remove the link

see317 on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    That dude's Starviper... damn that's pretty.
    Think it would look better without the Mandalorian skull on it, but still some really impressive work.

Agreed, whereas I think his Firespray has an excellent use of the skull.

Edit: just a heads up, but there's a repaint of a shadowcaster featuring a fairly graphic nsfw pin-up on page 5 of that guy's gallery. You can barely tell what's going on because of how the ship's geometry breaks it up (as well as the glow effects around the turret gun), but still, figured I should warn people.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I bought the scum and villany yellow tie fighter cause I really like the color. I did not realize that the front portion of the solar panels (did not know those were solar panels) is missing so the ship has better sight lines which is pretty cool.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I bought the scum and villany yellow tie fighter cause I really like the color. I did not realize that the front portion of the solar panels (did not know those were solar panels) is missing so the ship has better sight lines which is pretty cool.

I always wondered if that would actually matter given how inadequate the forward viewport is anyways and if so why wouldn't you just offset the wings kind of like how a y-wing is.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »

I always wondered if that would actually matter given how inadequate the forward viewport is anyways and if so why wouldn't you just offset the wings kind of like how a y-wing is.

Yea, thinking about it now that I know those are solar panels they could have probably been designed better.

Anyone have a recommended youtube channel or website or something that goes over recommended builds or something for ships? I have no clue what I should be doing with pilots or upgrades.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Best way to keep up with the current metagame is to play/watch games on Vassal (I'm assuming that it's still active the way it was) because the dudes there are constantly testing things that might not even be in print yet, and they also tend to be the people most active on the tournament scene.

Do you have any favorite ships/pilots?

• Options

Yea, thinking about it now that I know those are solar panels they could have probably been designed better.
    Yeah, the easiest modification would be to have the wings rotated 90 degrees so they were horizontal relative to the cockpit. You'd be able to put some viewports along the side of the cockpit ball and massively increase visual range without relyng on in cockpit monitors (like they had in the TIE fighter game). Also improve the atmospheric handling a bit there too, but that's pretty much the change they made to the TIE striker.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Yeah, the easiest modification would be to have the wings rotated 90 degrees so they were horizontal relative to the cockpit. You'd be able to put some viewports along the side of the cockpit ball and massively increase visual range without relyng on in cockpit monitors (like they had in the TIE fighter game). Also improve the atmospheric handling a bit there too, but that's pretty much the change they made to the TIE striker.

But it doesn't look as cool.

On a related note, any word on whether we'll ever see a Chiss Clawcraft or any of the Star Wars Legacy fighters?
    200?cb=20101018002909
    latest?cb=20081004171322
    X-83 for the win!
    345dic4.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Oof, Resistance Transport looks like it's going to be 30 bucks...

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Quick question before placing an order. To play the Scavenged YT-1300 in resistance I need the Heroes of the Resistance pack and the Conversion kit?

• Options
    Quick question before placing an order. To play the Scavenged YT-1300 in resistance I need the Heroes of the Resistance pack and the Conversion kit?

You definitely need the conversion kit. If you have the Rebel (or even Lando's) Falcon, you could use that without issue I'm sure. The only thing that you need is the ship itself; where you get it from is largely irrelevant (unless you care about the sculpt). The conversion kit has all the cards/cardboard/bases.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular

You definitely need the conversion kit. If you have the Rebel (or even Lando's) Falcon, you could use that without issue I'm sure. The only thing that you need is the ship itself; where you get it from is largely irrelevant (unless you care about the sculpt). The conversion kit has all the cards/cardboard/bases.

Thanks, I'd rather then wait Wave 4 and get the Rebel one since I'd get those rules too. Poe's Xwing would be nice, but I already have two T70s.

• Options

Thanks, I'd rather then wait Wave 4 and get the Rebel one since I'd get those rules too. Poe's Xwing would be nice, but I already have two T70s.

Yeah, that would probably be my recommended course of action. Unless you're set on the conversion kit and find a 1.0 Falcon on a good sale or something.

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

But it doesn't look as cool.

On a related note, any word on whether we'll ever see a Chiss Clawcraft or any of the Star Wars Legacy fighters?
    200?cb=20101018002909
    latest?cb=20081004171322
    X-83 for the win!
    345dic4.jpg

I think the Chiss Clawcraft are probably the most likely of those, since Thrawn (and thus the Chiss) have been made canon again through Rebels.
    The TIE Predator and X-83 seem less likely, since both came from a timeline that is substantially divergent from what we've got as canon now.

Not impossible, but unlikely. Especially if they start churning out more Legends ships.

• Options
    I like the heavy configuration at the end, I want more configurations like that for variants.

• Options
    Those droids look cool, too bad they're republic only!

I like the non limited stuff. Gives the faction a different feel, a real commanders and troops schtick.

• Options
    How do we feel about synchronized console? In the dream world you've got like, proton torpedoes and your first guy locks the target, everyone else focuses, and then you just unleash this cascade of double modded ordnance shots or regular shots I suppose. It totally depends on the costing of it I guess, one would imagine they'd price it so you could pick it up on your whole squad -1. I could see it being pretty disgusting though.

Speaking of ordnance, I wish there were more interesting types. There aren't super cool missiles and with protorps getting nerfed they feel in a very ehhhh place. I guess unless they're very powerful then there isn't much usage for them over primaries for the points and if they're costed cheaply like protons, then it just leads to alpha striking which feels EHHH. It feels like they just need more counterplay, like a countermeasures slot on small fighter craft. Chaff, flares, etc.

Chaff: 2 charges. When a ship attempts to acquire a lock on you may spend a charge to roll a defense die. If you roll an evade the target lock action fails.

Flares: 3 charges. When a ship attacks you with a missile or torpedo upgrade, you may spend any number of charges from this card. For each charge you spend, roll an additional defense die.

• Options
    How do we feel about synchronized console? In the dream world you've got like, proton torpedoes and your first guy locks the target, everyone else focuses, and then you just unleash this cascade of double modded ordnance shots or regular shots I suppose. It totally depends on the costing of it I guess, one would imagine they'd price it so you could pick it up on your whole squad -1. I could see it being pretty disgusting though.

Speaking of ordnance, I wish there were more interesting types. There aren't super cool missiles and with protorps getting nerfed they feel in a very ehhhh place. I guess unless they're very powerful then there isn't much usage for them over primaries for the points and if they're costed cheaply like protons, then it just leads to alpha striking which feels EHHH. It feels like they just need more counterplay, like a countermeasures slot on small fighter craft. Chaff, flares, etc.

Chaff: 2 charges. When a ship attempts to acquire a lock on you may spend a charge to roll a defense die. If you roll an evade the target lock action fails.

Flares: 3 charges. When a ship attacks you with a missile or torpedo upgrade, you may spend any number of charges from this card. For each charge you spend, roll an additional defense die.

I don't see a problem with the console myself. It's not like we didn't have Targeting Synchronizer in 1.0 already (Harpoons all off one lock, or the like). You have to not spend the TL to pass it on, so it's not giving you more mods, only letting you pass them around (plus the firing requirement of ordnance, but... eh)

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I don't see a problem with the console myself. It's not like we didn't have Targeting Synchronizer in 1.0 already (Harpoons all off one lock, or the like). You have to not spend the TL to pass it on, so it's not giving you more mods, only letting you pass them around (plus the firing requirement of ordnance, but... eh)

Oh I don't think there's a problem, I'm just saying with ordnance in general. In order to be worth the points they have to deal more damage or really provide some other benefit considering cost and the fact that they're not as easy to use as a primary since you have to jump through some additional hoop. But, if they're very powerful, then it opens up to just being alpha striked into oblivion which seems pretty unfun gameplay wise. Like right now after points update I feel like torpedoes are kind of getting priced out.

That's why I thought of some other counterplay with missiles/torpedoes.

• Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Best way to keep up with the current metagame is to play/watch games on Vassal (I'm assuming that it's still active the way it was) because the dudes there are constantly testing things that might not even be in print yet, and they also tend to be the people most active on the tournament scene.

What is vassal?

Not really sure which ships are my favorite. So far I've only bought ships that I thought looked cool or interesting.

x2 IG-2000, Y-Wing, Shadowcaster, x2 Viper, x2 X-Wing, Hound's Tooth, and Modified Tie Fighter.

These are the ships I have.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

What is vassal?

Not really sure which ships are my favorite. So far I've only bought ships that I thought looked cool or interesting.

x2 IG-2000, Y-Wing, Shadowcaster, x2 Viper, x2 X-Wing, Hound's Tooth, and Modified Tie Fighter.

These are the ships I have.

Vassal is an online table top simulator, great for games when nobody near you wants to play.

http://www.vassalengine.org/

see317 on
  • Options
    We've had some tournaments here via vassal. It's pretty good!

• Options
    We've had some tournaments here via vassal. It's pretty good!

We need to do another one ...

Also, TTS has a pretty good X-Wing implementation, as well ...

• Options
    I would be interested but I found vassal pretty opaque when I tried it.

• Options
    It seems daunting, but it's really not all that difficult. Especially since they made it so you can paste in a squad builder link to automatically create your squad. Most of it is right-click and selecting your maneuver.

Everyone here that's done it has been very patient and helpful in vassal.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Flew for the first time in almost two years tonight!

I ran:
    Darth Vader (TIE/Adv)
    Soontir Fel (TIE Interceptor)
    Duchess (TIE Striker)
    Nu Squad (Alpha class Star Wing)
    - Os-1 Arsenal Loadout
    - Concussion Missiles

Opponent had Lando in a YT-1300 with Nien Numb and Trickshot, AP5 in a sheathipede, and Hera Syndulla in the Ghost with Leia, Zeb, and Intimidation.

Turn two say him delete my Star Wing. I was very disappointed with it. Never got a shot off, and it died so quickly. Turn three and four saw all three of my TIE's reduce the Ghost to space dust. Soontir was particularly good at maneuvering away from the reinforced hull area. It was my first time flying a Striker and Duchess was an absolute blast to fly. A very lucky trickshot from Lando and a really bad defense die roll form me say her get removed on turn 5. Vader was out of position for most of the game and the TIE Advanced felt so clunky and slow compared to the Interceptor or the Striker. I fly super aggressive with my Interceptors and Soontir chased after Lando at range 1 for the next three turns and ripped the ship to pieces by himself.

I had a lot of fun. I was worried that Soontir and Interceptors wouldn't be as fun to fly in 2.0 and I was so happy to be proven wrong.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Previews are up for the sith infiltrator.

I really wish I could stick DRK-1 droids on a Reaper.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Previews are up for the sith infiltrator.

I really wish I could stick DRK-1 droids on a Reaper.

Linkadoo: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/25/a-phantom-menace/

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Oh god that pun...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Oh god that pun...

Dork-one? Yeah, it's pretty lame.

• Options
    Vulture droid preview is up.

The main hotness is buzz droids, which look utterly despicable.
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/3/7/terrifying-technology/