As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have had kids literally jump over me as they walked down the seat "aisles" by stepping from arm rest to arm rest over the actual seat part of the seat, regardless of whether it was occupied

I have had this happen twice

Are your movie theaters an active portal to hell?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The only appropriate theater response to Broly is telling which characters to go

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the worst thing that's happened with kids in a movie theater for me was when my friends and I went to see one of the Matrix sequels and my buddy turns around and goes, "uh, did you know you brought your child to an R rated movie? what's wrong with you"

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I have had kids literally jump over me as they walked down the seat "aisles" by stepping from arm rest to arm rest over the actual seat part of the seat, regardless of whether it was occupied

Pretty much

The list of horrific movie theater shit I have is very very long

One time two kids had a "who can scream louder" competition and when an usher asked the mother to please remove them she told him to go fuck himself

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm mostly upset about Velvet Buzzsaw because I would have watched either movie.

You want to make Best in Show but with high art? Sure, that sounds fun, I too have a love/hate relationship with art and artists.

You want to make Final Destination but with a supernatural art gallery? Hell yes, that is entirely my shit.

But the in-between is really disappointing.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Pretty much

One time two kids had a "who can scream louder" competition and when an usher asked the mother to please remove them she told him to go fuck himself

And then the usher told them to leave, right?

RIGHT???

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    alright I made it an hour and change, this movie is just...it's so boring

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    There was a kid who actively improved my showing of enter the spiderverse with his outraged commentary like
    "did that guy just beat Spider-Man to death? Why did you bring me to this movie?!"

Pretty much

RIGHT???

No he got scared and left

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have never had a bad experience in a theater, other than when i saw the evil dead remake and people were laughing very hard at things that were not jokes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i have never had a bad experience in a theater, other than when i saw the evil dead remake and people were laughing very hard at things that were not jokes

Every time I go to an MCU movie people laugh and cheer whenever a woman gets punched

There's a reason I only go to 10 AM showings on sunday any more

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    when I saw Wolf of Wall Street a group of people angrily stormed out when there was a 3 second shot implying there had been an all-male orgy

the movie that opens with DiCaprio doing coke off a woman's ass

6F32U1X.png

Pretty much

RIGHT???

The coward!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Only female-presenting arses are legitimate orgy material

... ok that started as satire but now I depressed myself.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My theater stories are edging into the same level of unbelievable as my dating stories

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    related: I logged onto Tumblr for the first time in god knows how long and had one of those popups that warned me 'some of my posts may violate terms of service and are now hidden'
    which was no big surprise, pretty much all my christmas cards are one fingerslip away from a prostate exam

... except you wanna know what actually got flagged? Three photos of my knee and one of a wasp bite on my arm.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Only female-presenting arses are legitimate orgy material

... ok that started as satire but now I depressed myself.

and the viewer is the one who judges the presentation

cdci44qazyo3.gif

so lewd

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Chincy goes to see movies in hell, I see

sounds bloody awful

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Every time I go to an MCU movie people laugh and cheer whenever a woman gets punched

What

What the fuck

I know this is a common discussion topic here, but everytime you share a new movie theater story it's the new worst thing I've ever heard

It's the Chincy curse. He loves movies and therefore the universe conspires to make what should be the ideal setting for experiencing them a living hell.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

It's like how he loves being alive but hates all the basic everyday components of staying alive.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

What

What the fuck

I know this is a common discussion topic here, but everytime you share a new movie theater story it's the new worst thing I've ever heard

its usually accompanied by some exclamation including the b word

It's like how he loves being alive but hates all the basic everyday components of staying alive.

breathing is pretty okay?

You need a machine to help you do that like 40% of the time!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

An accurate look into Chincy's local movie-theater.

gremlins-3.png

You need a machine to help you do that like 40% of the time!

thats not the sleep robots fault, lexi

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Phil Lord and Chris Miller are set to direct Last Human for Sony, an adaptation of a children's book coming out later this year which stars 3 robots in a distant post-human future who stumble upon a human child kept in stasis in an underground bunker.

CYpGAPn.png
    the best movie going experience i ever had was seeing friday the 13th (2009) with an insanely rowdy crowd, yelling at the screen and everything

it's like everyone showed up with the same understanding that we need to yell at these stupid teens

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Pretty much

RIGHT???

The coward!

Being able to tell a shitty asshole that they have to leave is one of the so very few pleasures you can derive from a service job. And it's even better if you work at a movie theater because they don't get a refund!

Obviously, this person is not cut out to work there.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Audience reaction made my experience watching Get Out maybe three times better

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I lost track. which movie?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I lost track. which movie?

velvet buzzsaw

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    and i thought the last two movies i went to having a little bit noisy kids was bad

i didn't know how good i had it

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The theater I was in all bursting into cheers when Godzilla finally breath weapon-d the MUTO for the first time was a pretty great movie experience.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I felt the last Godzilla movie was well lame. For various reasons in the movie I feel you cannot do a Western style Godzilla

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I felt the last Godzilla movie was well lame. For various reasons in the movie I feel you cannot do a Western style Godzilla

Godzilla: "SKREE-YONK!"

Subtitled: "This town isn't big enough for the both of us, Ghidorah!"

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    actually it would be cool if adaptions would chill out for a second

this take is cold as ice but dang it'd be cool to see a blockbuster based on an original screenplay sometimes

Let me tell you about Jupiter Ascending

I like this movie

it's trying to be Star Wars for people who are really into Sailor Moon and that's a really neat idea

overall it's just too weird not to love

Bees don't lie.

Bees

Don't

Lie.

Bees

Make

Honey

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Watching Fellowship of the Ring after a shitty Monday at work

Love this damn movie. Every time I watch it I'm like "oh yeah this is awesome"

This discussion has been closed.