As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Here's a Steam code for Beholder:

Loading...?

Is that... Is that basically Papers Please as an apartment slumlord? I never knew I wanted this.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Anyone have input on Sims 4? My daughter has been watching vids and wants to try it. My wife is a bit apprehensive because she's not sure if there are any parental controls. Is there an older Sims that may work better?

I don't have any Sims experience so I'm not sure how to handle the situation.

The kids are 8 and 10.

No parental controls are built in. Only 3 and 4 are currently available on store fronts. The only advantage 3 has over 4 here IMO is that 4 has sims discretely go into a flirty mood that is labeled as such.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Oh Hey I just want this one steam game so I guess I'll buy it for the sale.

Oh look if I spend 10 more dollars I get 5 dollars off.

DAMNIT!!!

Edit: As long as I am posting does anybody have any particular opinions on Heartbeat? The trailer looked really neat and the game looks cute but i was hoping for a Giant Bomb quick look or somthing to see it in action first. RPGs can be really hit and miss for me. (if you respond to this part feel free to @ me so I see it)

@Bedlam Don't know about Heartbeat, but I sympathize about the sale! I decided to finally pick up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam, having been playing a lot of the other DOA games lately, and one of the DLC characters; but to get the £5 off I needed to get something else. Sigh. I saw that Far Cry 5 was on a silly sale so picked that up too. Happy with both of them, but yeah, I get the "dammit"! Serve the Newell, etc, etc :lol:

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    According to internet, 2 missions away from finishing rebel galaxy campaign.

Will level up security reputation and then buy that sexy dreadnought i saw, and call it beaten

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Am I the only person who doesn't actually enjoy playing Gwent?

I'm much more interested in scouring the map for every last quest and random marker.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

You're not. I thought it was a waste of time myself.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I'm much more interested in scouring the map for every last [...] random marker.

Do you have a goatee? Because between these two statements and your known controller schemes, I'm not entirely convinced you're not an alternate-universe evil version of me. :P

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Loading...?

Is that... Is that basically Papers Please as an apartment slumlord? I never knew I wanted this.

It's pretty fun!

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Loading...?

It's pretty fun!

I wasn't sold on Papers Please at first, it felt repetitive and grindy, but I started getting an inkling of the wide effects I was having and the events I could manipulate just by weilding my petty little rubber stamp power. I fell in love for a few solid weeks and I've revisited it a couple times wondering what would happen if I just stopped everyone or let people in based on some arbitrary but ironclad rule.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    It there a setting or tweak to get Steam to cache game images for grid view longer? I scroll down and wait for it to load images, then scroll up and wait again for it to load the images it was showing me 2 seconds ago.

Just a mild frustration, but I'm trying to find my next game to play and it makes it annoying to scroll and see what catches my eye.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    It there a setting or tweak to get Steam to cache game images for grid view longer? I scroll down and wait for it to load images, then scroll up and wait again for it to load the images it was showing me 2 seconds ago.

Just a mild frustration, but I'm trying to find my next game to play and it makes it annoying to scroll and see what catches my eye.

You can run Steamgrid, which goes through all your games and caches the grid images locally to speed up loading.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I liked Gwent in Witcher 3 but just as a random side thing to occasionally do as I was wandering around. No way would I want a full game of it.

Plus I suck at deck building games anyway so I know I shouldn't try.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I liked Gwent in Witcher 3 but just as a random side thing to occasionally do as I was wandering around. No way would I want a full game of it.

I never felt that it was very deep or strategic. Mind, not that I'm saying I'm any good at it, but it seemed to be the kind of game where someone who is really good at cards games would find it too simple.

But the card collecting across the towns was addictive. Like Witcher 3 Pokemans.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

I never felt that it was very deep or strategic. Mind, not that I'm saying I'm any good at it, but it seemed to be the kind of game where someone who is really good at cards games would find it too simple.

But the card collecting across the towns was addictive. Like Witcher 3 Pokemans.

Or triple triad from final fantasy viii

I'm sorry you lost your job in a political coup, would you like to play a children's card game and risk your card of which there is only one of on the entire planet?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Had a great SaNG and SuNG!

For SaNG @Ghlinn @Pimsy and I managed to finish off the Cleaners' leader when I wasn't charging in thinking I was a badass. Mistakes were made but we rarely had to go back to a checkpoint, just babysit the downed 'Roz.

As for tonight's SuNG we played some lovely Astroneer! @Ianator (who gave helpful tips) @vamen and @Spoit joined forces with me to carve out a place in this brave new world--when the connections allowed. While it's really easy to join, if the host's connection decides not to like you there is not much to do. Still, jolly coop was to be had as I finished the evening taking the tractor in search of Copper, which I did, and then became lost away from base for an hour.

Also caves can just sneak up on you.

Thanks for all the fun games!

In other news I beat Injustice 2's story campaign. Lots of dumb fun, it reminds me of watching Saturday morning cartoons of yore--except I have to button mash my way through to see the story. Satisfying when the computer decides not to destroy me but then I'm not much of a fighting game enthusiast. Nether Realm just executes these silly stories that are a joy to play.

I lucked out and got it from a blind box on Fanatical for $5? And the campaign clocked in at 5 hours. Could have longer legs for those more interested in fighting games, but otherwise wait for a deep sale.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    So in AssOdd I think I'm starting to like using bows and arrows more than melee weapons.

Although I am finding it a bit costly crafting new arrows.

This might change once I've unlocked the rush assassination ability.

Also, I ended up save scumming my first encounter with Odessa multiple times because she suddenly disappeared after the conversation and thought I had pissed her off. :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Looking through my wishlist for any last minute purchases I want to make before the sale ends.

One of the games I was looking at just made a news update, saying the game would be on sale from Feb 11 to Feb 18, which is after this sale ends, so that's convenient.

Who's the PAer who likes pretty art games? Is it @Berylline? Has she checked out Forgotton Anne? That seems like a game that got a lot of buzz for being very pretty and also was overlooked.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    While i already have it on steam, has anyone tried dandara on google play?

Can i gift google play and switch games?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Karoz wrote: »
    As for tonight's SuNG we played some lovely Astroneer! @Ianator (who gave helpful tips) @vamen and @Spoit joined forces with me to carve out a place in this brave new world--when the connections allowed. While it's really easy to join, if the host's connection decides not to like you there is not much to do. Still, jolly coop was to be had as I finished the evening taking the tractor in search of Copper, which I did, and then became lost away from base for an hour.

Also caves can just sneak up on you.

Thanks for all the fun games!

<3

I have to join in on gaming nights more often! That was good stuff.
    The highlight of my evening was when I thought Sploit said on Discord text chat that he was lost in a cave and that he couldn't reconnect. Reading out of the corner of my eye, I combined two of his comments and I thought he meant he couldn't reconnect to his oxygen supply. I rushed to aid him, sliding rapidly down the slopes of the cave he was exploring, hoping my small handful of tethers would be enough that I could build him a lifeline back to the breathable air.
    Only then did I discover - too late - that he meant he couldn't reconnect to the GAME after dropping and I was careening down the slopes of an empty cavern. Seconds later, I rocketing off the side of a ledge that sent me hurtling down into an unexplored and un-oxygenated cavern, I tried to frantically to dig my way back UP toward freedom and the air supply, only to eventually suffocate alone, the warm light of the oxygen tether glowing in my dimming vision. So near, yet so far.

Good times =).

vamen on
  • Options
    FNG games for 2/14 - 2/17

TNG 4pm: Iron Brigade
    FNG 4pm: TTS Secret Hitler (let's make it happen!)
    SaNG 4pm: The Division
    SuNG 7pm: The Forest

• Options
    IRON BRIGADE?!
    Ooooh baby.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Oh man... I'd totally be down for Iron Brigade if I hadn't just moved across the country. I had a fun time playing through it with my brother on XBLA years ago.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I assume those times are PST?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Trenched?

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Trenched?

Thank you...I was drawing a blank on the original, better name.

• Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Trenched?

Thank you...I was drawing a blank on the original, better name.

Yeah, it was a shame the title had to be changed. Still, it was funny that they effectively made the new title a pastiche of Steel Battalion.

• Options

@bloodatonement yeah sorry I did not include the timezone.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

bloodatonement yeah sorry I did not include the timezone.

What level is the Divsioning?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Usually around 2nd grade I think...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

DAMNIT!!!

Edit: As long as I am posting does anybody have any particular opinions on Heartbeat? The trailer looked really neat and the game looks cute but i was hoping for a Giant Bomb quick look or somthing to see it in action first. RPGs can be really hit and miss for me. (if you respond to this part feel free to @ me so I see it)

Bedlam Don't know about Heartbeat, but I sympathize about the sale! I decided to finally pick up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam, having been playing a lot of the other DOA games lately, and one of the DLC characters; but to get the £5 off I needed to get something else. Sigh. I saw that Far Cry 5 was on a silly sale so picked that up too. Happy with both of them, but yeah, I get the "dammit"! Serve the Newell, etc, etc :lol:
    I ended up going with Astroneer and Wargrove instead. Which both have online modes if anybody wants to add me to their friends list. Though I still dont have a mic.

Also over the past few years I took a lot of people off my friends list due to anxiety and trying to disassociate myself from the stress of reading the negativity of the forums. I guess the good news is that Im finally on medication again so I should be able to avoid some of my previous mistakes, At least the ones that were due to brain spiders. I am sorry if I removed you and you feel you didnt deserve it.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    A game, it hath been beaten! Thanks once more to @Coffey not just for gifting the game to me but for streaming it in the first place!

I've actually been in a gaming lull since I finished that game. I haven't streamed in two months & don't want to play any of the other games that I do have. It's also a large part of the reason why I've not been in the chat or on these forums much lately either. Financially strapped, so I can't just try games on a whim. I guess I'm waiting for Mortal Kombat 11 in April. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it though & good review!

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

We are at level 12 and just finished off the cleaner boss. I think we just have the level 14 main mission left in the first area.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

DAMNIT!!!

@Bedlam It's good. Would recommend.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'm also going to sell Neoverse

It's slay the spire, but more interesting classes and graphics, and not quite as complete (but still early access)

It has some really cool classes that are basically:

Agent (With Gun build or Radioactive build)
    Paladin (With Vampire build or Faith build)
    Summoner (With Pet build or without pet build)

I have to play around with the Paladin and Summoner more, as their two different styles are pretty different sounding and by style I mean card types, you're not selecting a style that you're locked into, just your first few cards (though you can select hybrid or no style decks and really build from nothing). Vampire heals each time it deals damage, but takes damage at the end of turn. Summoner has several pets it can rotate through and using them effectively is important. Very cool.

It's got a few interesting mechanic differences between other games of its type. You have a skill tree of passives to learn each run, which change up your play style, and there're few draw card mechanics because whenever you play a card you draw a new one to replace it. You also don't automatically shuffle your deck on your turn, so deck size and having cards that shuffle is relevant.

It's worth check out imo.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    About halfway through winter in My Time At Portia and i'm still not sure where this game is going. Which is a good thing in this case, since from my perspective i'm still keeping with the same comfortable loop every day- gathering my smelted items, going to grab a commission before that shithead picks the good one, talking to people and giving gifts/smooching them, then building or gathering or spelunking or whatever else I want to do the rest of the day. Even as i'm struggling to get the resources to build three gigantic wind turbines that same loop still holds strong.

I kind of love it.

Also a cool-ass lady with purple hair just flew in on a jet fighter but she doesn't seem to be an actual npc you can do stuff with and i'm grumpy about it.

• Options
    About halfway through winter in My Time At Portia and I'm still not sure where this game is going. Which is a good thing in this case, since from my perspective I'm still keeping with the same comfortable loop every day- gathering my smelted items, going to grab a commission before that shithead picks the good one, talking to people and giving gifts/smooching them, then building or gathering or spelunking or whatever else I want to do the rest of the day. Even as I'm struggling to get the resources to build three gigantic wind turbines that same loop still holds strong.

I kind of love it.

Also a cool-ass lady with purple hair just flew in on a jet fighter but she doesn't seem to be an actual npc you can do stuff with and I'm grumpy about it.

Fun fact: if you grab the best commission, then click on the second best as if to read it, Higgins will be forced to take the third or fourth best commission, as he can't take one if you're currently reading it.

• Options
    I've already surpassed him in points so am the new #1 but I will absolutely start doing that now. Because fuck Higgins.

• Options
    I've already surpassed him in points so am the new #1 but I will absolutely start doing that now. Because fuck Higgins.

Also note that at the beginning of each new year, all points reset to zero for the purpose of determining the best workshop of the town. So this is even more useful starting year 2+ if you want to really fuck with Higgins.

• Options
    I like to think that mechanic is a direct response to day one of the game, where he grabs an order right out of your hands. That shit don't happen anymore, I've got an iron grip on it now.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
This discussion has been closed.