As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    People always wanting to go to a bunch of extractors is why I dislike the game mode and why I do all the Extractions that a lack of cryotic forces me to do completely solo (by the power of Limbo). With rewards not actually scaling it always seemed kind of unnecessary effort to go to like 20 extractors when doing a couple runs of 4 or 8 ends up the same way with less chance of higher level enemies glancing at the extractor and it exploding and less of the thoroughly silly armor scaling high level enemies have in this game coming into play.

I see where you are coming from but at least on console every mission restart is probably 3 minutes minimum, from standing at extraction to loading back into the mission and getting started. Once you hit a certain power level the enemies are not dangerous until the 8 or 12th wave at least anyways. Plus if you are there to maximize your cryo gains you need to be split pushing extractors so you can knock out 2, sometimes 3, at the same time. Plus you need a fucking massive amount of cryo for everything in this game. Sibear alone is 30k. Personally I don't see the point of going to Heiracon unless you want to really push for cryotic, affinity for gear or focus/rep, and relics. If you don't need all 3 go to an easier or more efficient map for whatever it is you need.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Which mission types can vaults spawn in on the derelict?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Which mission types can vaults spawn in on the derelict?

Iirc, all but defence and lephantis

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sibear specifically takes a ridonkulous amount of cryo to the point it might be worth it to just buy it with plat if you absolutely must get the mastery points for it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    People always wanting to go to a bunch of extractors is why I dislike the game mode and why I do all the Extractions that a lack of cryotic forces me to do completely solo (by the power of Limbo). With rewards not actually scaling it always seemed kind of unnecessary effort to go to like 20 extractors when doing a couple runs of 4 or 8 ends up the same way with less chance of higher level enemies glancing at the extractor and it exploding and less of the thoroughly silly armor scaling high level enemies have in this game coming into play.

I see where you are coming from but at least on console every mission restart is probably 3 minutes minimum, from standing at extraction to loading back into the mission and getting started. Once you hit a certain power level the enemies are not dangerous until the 8 or 12th wave at least anyways. Plus if you are there to maximize your cryo gains you need to be split pushing extractors so you can knock out 2, sometimes 3, at the same time. Plus you need a fucking massive amount of cryo for everything in this game. Sibear alone is 30k. Personally I don't see the point of going to Heiracon unless you want to really push for cryotic, affinity for gear or focus/rep, and relics. If you don't need all 3 go to an easier or more efficient map for whatever it is you need.

See, I personally tend to fall on the camp that making the Sibear is kind of dumb anyway :P.

But yeah, I'm on PC, and for me changing missions is fairly fast, in addition to meaning that there is less stuff lost if I need to leave (I live in a house with my family, five people in total. I always have to keep in mind the possibility that I might need to cold-abort and leave at any point) so all in all it's just a better idea to run short rotations.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Holy jeez Nehza is fun???

After I finish leveling him, the next 'frames I have ready to play with are Frost, Harrow, and Revenant (as in, they're all built, just need to take them out of the Foundry). In what order should I try 'em out?

*edit* Also, I decided to level Nehza by doing Relics today, and finally got enough trash Prime parts to get enough Ducats to forge Parcesis. Wheee.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

After I finish leveling him, the next 'frames I have ready to play with are Frost, Harrow, and Revenant (as in, they're all built, just need to take them out of the Foundry). In what order should I try 'em out?

Frost when you want to do defenses (static, mobile, interceptions). Revenant for anything. Harrow... I dunno, still trying to figure out if I want (to buy) him or not.
    *edit* Also, I decided to level Nehza by doing Relics today, and finally got enough trash Prime parts to get enough Ducats to forge Parcesis. Wheee.

Now have more fun getting five Forma to fully level it!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    sibear specifically takes a ridonkulous amount of cryo to the point it might be worth it to just buy it with plat if you absolutely must get the mastery points for it
    Nah, just run Hieracon for credits and endo and relics and xp from time to time.

cB557 on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i cannot for the life of me get a revenant neuroptics. ive done soooo many of the top level bounties and nothing : /

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    nzshistdr4e2.png

I may, uh, I may run an awful lot of Heiracon.
    built the Sibear when it came out. fight me.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    nzshistdr4e2.png

I may, uh, I may run an awful lot of Heiracon.
    built the Sibear when it came out. fight me.

Same

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I got a 75% market coupon (why is it only on one singular item?) and agonized for days about what to use it on. I didn't know that even if you have these coupons that not every item in the shop applies. Only the ones that are specifically marked. Also, it didn't seem like it allowed me to purchase multiple of the same items (like say I wanted to get 4 Eximus adapters for the price of one or something) ... I wish they would allow that but I understand why they don't. I think I wasted a 50% coupon before because I just didn't see anything that was worth the price of admission.

However ... this time they had one single Warframe (not bundle mind you) that the coupon applied to so now I am the owner of a Revenant Frame. Is there anything I should know about him (other than reading the Wiki) ... I mean what is he 'good' at?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I got a 75% market coupon (why is it only on one singular item?) and agonized for days about what to use it on. I didn't know that even if you have these coupons that not every item in the shop applies. Only the ones that are specifically marked. Also, it didn't seem like it allowed me to purchase multiple of the same items (like say I wanted to get 4 Eximus adapters for the price of one or something) ... I wish they would allow that but I understand why they don't. I think I wasted a 50% coupon before because I just didn't see anything that was worth the price of admission.

However ... this time they had one single Warframe (not bundle mind you) that the coupon applied to so now I am the owner of a Revenant Frame. Is there anything I should know about him (other than reading the Wiki) ... I mean what is he 'good' at?

It didn't give you the option of using it on platinum?

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »

It didn't give you the option of using it on platinum?

Console gets item discounts, PC gets platinum discounts.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Frost when you want to do defenses (static, mobile, interceptions). Revenant for anything. Harrow... I dunno, still trying to figure out if I want (to buy) him or not.

Now have more fun getting five Forma to fully level it!

Me: wot how is that different from anything else??? huh???

Me: /looks at Wiki

Me: O H

GUESS ITS TIME FOR MORE RELIC OPENING

at least if I start *now* I might be ready for New War when it drops >>;

Just fukkin take Umbra with a fully loaded Parcesis out and go to goddamn town.

*edit* IN OTHER NEWS

I AM NOW MAX FUCKING RANK WITH THE OSTRONS

I'm very disappointed that it doesn't come with LORE like apparently the Solaris do? BUT I CAN GET THE RARE FEEESH AND THUS THE MATS TO MAKE NICE THINGS FOR MY SPOILER

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Catalyst alert up on PC for the next 1,5 hour.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    I feel like i would have farmed fortuna rep a little more diligently if i had known that completing your first heist lets you use arcguns on the ground. Now that i learned this yesterday, im playing catch-up. I guess also i want the stuff to make the submachine gun style kitgun, and need max rank for that too. Unfortunately my kitgun riven was for catchmoon and not the one i want to make. I have no interest in another shotgun, especially because i just finished throwing forma at my mara detron. Though i do still need a jolt for it but dont want to pay 120p for one.

• Options
    The alert this weekend put a tombfinger riven in my arsenal.

Enemies are falling over dead while I'm still on the load screen. It hardly seems fair.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Enemies are falling over dead while I'm still on the load screen. It hardly seems fair.

It took a few rolls to get some bonuses I could live with. I still may need another though as I'm not sure punch through has full effect on it given the explosive.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm salty because my GotL riven was for gaze, which was of course the riven I already had. I would have gladly taken anything else but that. Tombfinger or catchmoon would have been ideal though.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I did get a Catchmoon riven but the market seems currently saturated. More people with Catchmoon rivens than people who want to use a Catchmoon. Sad, that, I was hoping for it to buy me some stuff.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

It took a few rolls to get some bonuses I could live with. I still may need another though as I'm not sure punch through has full effect on it given the explosive.

Punchthrough is awful for it. The explosion only procs on the last guy who gets hit.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I got a Tombfinger which is great, as that fits my playstyle better.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not to give the devil ideas... but I'm surprised that they don't sell Riven mod capacity... or that its not even tied to your MR rank.

edit: oh, nevermind apparently you can buy riven mod capacity on PC.

edit2: looks like you can on console too? huh...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Punchthrough is awful for it. The explosion only procs on the last guy who gets hit.

I was getting that impression as well. I'm out of kuva though so for now it stays.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Farming for Harrow systems is killing my soul. I'm at 10 runs of 24 squads per run and no dice yet.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Farming for Harrow systems is killing my soul. I'm at 10 runs of 24 squads per run and no dice yet.

That's the reason I just bought him when I got the plat from the Mag/Nova Prime vault pack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    defection is like the worst mission type, aside from maybe that one mission on the infested ship where you hack passenger manifests or something.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I fully intend to just buy Harrow, if and when I ever decide I'd enjoy playing with him.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Wouldn't it be quicker and easier to just do 8 and reset?

Also the only piece that I'm missing. Once I got the hang of the Kuva Fortress spy missions, it went quick. Got some new mods out of it as well.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    defection is like the worst mission type, aside from maybe that one mission on the infested ship where you hack passenger manifests or something.

I think you're thinking of Nidus farm. I actually got really lucky with Nidus and finished in like 7 runs.
    Mortious wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be quicker and easier to just do 8 and reset?

Also the only piece that I'm missing. Once I got the hang of the Kuva Fortress spy missions, it went quick. Got some new mods out of it as well.

I've just been doing it with Trinity, neither I nor the dudes can die and I don't have trouble clearing Parasitic Eximus in a timely manner until they start approaching level 100 so I don't really need to reset.

• Options
    /continues to laugh in "somehow I got Harrow in a total of 5 runs. No, not his Systems. His Systems AND Neuroptics."

/but then sighs in KHORA WHY DO YOU HATE ME ;
    ; and also IT TOOK *HOW* LONG TO GET FROST!?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I ran Tyl Regor for Equinox about 80 times before finally getting the last piece I needed.

That's not a figure of speech btw.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I ran Tyl Regor for Equinox about 80 times before finally getting the last piece I needed.

That's not a figure of speech btw.

I have a screenshot I took of my foundary where I have 7 of the 8 pieces needed, with only 1 duplicate.

Unfortunately it took another dozen or so runs before the last piece dropped so that screenshot doesn't look as impressive.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So this just happened. :D

• Options
    I think i did thela 50 times before i got saryn systems to drop. But i got revenant neuroptics to drop today after about 30 bounties, so theres that.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    my worst farm was ivara, and probably the one i should have just purchased because of all the frames i have, she is by far the most worth the money.
    when ivara prime is released i'll probably buy the big-girl bundle for her. unless the extras are garbage like they were for mesa. then i would be sad.

i've not tried the harrow thing yet, just because from what little i've seen of it the playstyle is kinda meh to me. nidus looked fun so i just bought him instead of doing his whole thing. mesa i got incredibly lucky and got all her bits in an afternoon. khora was probably the second worst, but that one taught me to just do a run or two of that mission a day and not to focus on the grind, or it would kill my interest in the game.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I can't see myself ever paying platinum for a frame. That's like 30+ weapon slots I could have instead.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I remember getting all the parts for Octavia on the first day.

Quite a feat, because there was a bug introduced that patch where the rewards you were told you would get for Derelict Survival weren't the ones you actually got.

But I did, though I don't know if it was because it only affected group play while I soloed, or I was just lucky enough to roll her again.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I can't see myself ever paying platinum for a frame. That's like 30+ weapon slots I could have instead.

I just wait for the prime, where it's usually like 100p or so after the initial gold rush is over

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.