As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Saw Rydia had some new stuff on the second FF4 banner, and I have enough for this and to keep enough for a pull on KH3 when that swings round. Gave it a yank and figured it'd be at least one new toy.

4/11, 2 disco.

Dark Cecil LMR. When low on HP, grants Last Stand, lowers DEF a small amount and increases ATK a moderate amount. I could see this as useful.

Rydia LMR. EnWater at the beginning of battle. Considering a large number of her breaks are Water-based... this could do well with some of them.

Rosa USB "Benediction"! Large heal on all allies, automatically heal an extra 2,000 HP as needed, and grant Magic Barrier- allowing each of them to dodge one magic attack.

RYDIA USB "Fated Encounter"!! One draw and I manage to snag her a brand new toy to play with. Let's see here...

"Ten summon water/nonelement magic attacks to one target. Temporary EnWater. Raise Magic a moderate amount and Defense a small amount. Cause the user's water abilities to trigger the followup attack "Tidal Flood", dealing five water/nonelement summon magic attacks to one target. Restores two ability uses to one ability after a certain amount of time has passed.

Dr. Mog's plus Fated Encounter plus Chain Waterga, maybe Chain Waterja if I can ever locate the record for it. Nine or ten straight water attacks, plus I think I have the water chain and Mako Might. I'm excited because this is magical, and I think all the other big Water breaks are all physical (Tidus, Yuffie, etc.), and this will help my Rydia transition away from just dropping Bahamut/Neo Bahamut every turn for seven rounds.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If you didn't have Rosa USB already that is an amazing item.
    Rydia USB sounds amazing as well. That should be a big help on Belias.

Really nice pull!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Rosa USB is pimp as all hell. That thing trivializes a bunch of fights (Maliris in particular).

Darklyre on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Ok I just realized...I don't have like many OSBs at all. How...screwed I am for 5* magicite fights? I mean Stone Press with Quetz was pretty tame but how about the rest?

For elements where you have chains, your magicite will usually get the job done for you (though you may need to help it out with some imperils). For elements where you don't have chains, it's quite possible you will want an OSB to help you out.

Of the twelve 5* magicites that are out so far, I have completed nine of them. The only one I'm using an OSB on is Famfrit, and that's mostly because I'm using a gimmick strat that requires Mimic Queen's active ability so I don't have a 5* magicite breaking rage modes for me. However, most of my clears feature the appropriate chain.

One of the reasons that the Awakening soul breaks (global translation TBA) are so hyped is that they give you a good way to break rage modes. Notably, Bartz can do it for the first six physical magicites, and Terra can do it for five magical magicites. We'll see what Kingdom Hearts brings, but Sora Awakening will probably also be good for those first six physical magicites.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Rosa USB is pimp as all hell. That thing trivializes a bunch of fights (Maliris in particular).

She can solo heal Mateus too by just wrathing and using the usb. Still my go-to as I don't have any of the turn compression USB's

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »

She can solo heal Mateus too by just wrathing and using the usb. Still my go-to as I don't have any of the turn compression USB's

Interesting. Can you post your setup?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I posted it a couple of pages back, it's this one:

Edgar - Burnt offering/Burning snipe +30% damage USB
    Snow - Armor Break/Fire within MM USB2
    Locke - 6* fire thief skill/steal armor DMT CSB
    Rosa - Wrath Battleforged USB
    Bartz - Blastspell/quadstrike TGM USB2

Rosa has the major ice res accessory and Snow and Locke both have some self-healing. The healing is very easy and stable throughout the fight.

Hmm. I have nothing for Snow and Bartz has USB 1 instead of 2 but maybe I could make it work. Thanks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Snow is really just a stand-in in for OK, his USB2 gives atk/def/crit/haste/shellga and he can actually use a proper fire attack so he seemed like a good fit here.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    No dice on Belias despite many many attempts over the weekend.

Considering whether to move on to try the ice ones because I've at least got a fire chain (Krile, but still).

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm so so tempted to just use my Greens to buy Major Arcana...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I level all my magicite through the daily dungeons. Takes forever, but its not like I have a ton of them I can complete either.
    Snow is really just a stand-in in for OK, his USB2 gives atk/def/crit/haste/shellga and he can actually use a proper fire attack so he seemed like a good fit here.

Hmm that is a nice suite of buffs. I doubt I have anything to stand in for that. Maybe Galuf BSB1 imperil ish?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Daily hit Nine SSB.

Prot/shellga + def boost. I could see potential usage for that. Don't know if it will ever see actual usage though.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    No dice on Belias despite many many attempts over the weekend.

Considering whether to move on to try the ice ones because I've at least got a fire chain (Krile, but still).

Belias was a major problem for me too. Best I can recommend is to make sure you have a source of last stand to get through his big attacks - Edge USB0 did it for me.

38thDoe wrote: »
    I level all my magicite through the daily dungeons. Takes forever, but its not like I have a ton of them I can complete either.

Hmm that is a nice suite of buffs. I doubt I have anything to stand in for that. Maybe Galuf BSB1 imperil ish?

Having more imperils would be pretty good for damage, Edgar has a hard time keeping them up to be honest. Youu do need to get haste/shellga from somewhere though.

Prot not needed? Could Rosa not squeeze in a Shell or haste at the start?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I don't think Rosa can squeeze anything in to be honest, prot is definitely not needed though. He only does some weakish attacks in phase 1 that it mitigates.

Leeks wrote: »
    Daily hit Nine SSB.

Prot/shellga + def boost. I could see potential usage for that. Don't know if it will ever see actual usage though.

I got some use out of that on type-0 CMs back in the day. Anymore though, not as much, even on the torment.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yay. I went back to Cuchulainn torment and got a 61% victory on part 3! Nice to go back to one of those with a bit of power-creep; turns out that Delita’s Ultra/Burst combo works well in the right fight.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So on my phone FFRK keeps finishing a fight, going through the whole you won, you got items, you got 3 trophies... then going back to the fight screen and hanging there. It progresses if I minimize the app and go back into it.

Any ideas? It's persisted through a cache clear and a reinstrall.

edited February 2019
    I DID IT! I beat Behemoth King! 31.12s, and plenty of time to spare since I misplayed and didn't use Elarra USB to quickcast Maria AOSB.

I'm finally into the 5* magicites!

Edit: I can repeat it!

Darklyre on
    Lol, someone on Reddit pointed out you can see that the interface for Magia is already in the game. In the multiplayer lobby, click the magnifying glass icon for one of the other players, and there'll be a button to look at their characters' Magia levels.

KiTA wrote: »
    So on my phone FFRK keeps finishing a fight, going through the whole you won, you got items, you got 3 trophies... then going back to the fight screen and hanging there. It progresses if I minimize the app and go back into it.

What phone/OS? I've been having some odd stuff after battles after updating to Android 9.

edited February 2019
    Okay, BK is consistently repeatable, as long as Elarra gets at least one doublecast of Curada in her first 4 turns. I've managed to narrow the time to 30.5s, so I'm really close. I think I might actually be better off NOT Entrusting a bar to Maria, and instead giving it all to Elarra for a third round of quickcasts. Team for the handful of you that still haven't taken down BK:
    Red XIII - Power Breakdown/Meltdown, CSB, Mako Might, LM2/LMR
    Tyro - Wrath/Entrust, USB3, Dr. Mog's Teachings, LM2/LMR
    Maria - Chain Stonega/Chain Stoneja, USB/AOSB, LM1/LM2
    Vivi - Chain Stonega/Chain Stonega, USB, LM1/LM2
    Elarra - Allegro Con Moto/Curada, USB, LM1/LM2
    RW: Fabula Raider
    Magicite: Earth Guardian

Edit: Woo! 28.86s! Time to never worry about the sub-30 on BK again!

Darklyre on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »

What phone/OS? I've been having some odd stuff after battles after updating to Android 9.

Pixel 2. And yeah, it's Android 9. I didn't notice it last week, but I wasn't using Auto then, now I am.

Got a 5* on the daily draw today!

It's a VI armor with no SB and minor earth resist. :P

Got a 6 star!

Its for Cloud!

Is this the AOSB that will beat Hecatonchair?

Its a dupe OSB.

Hmm I have 19 OSBs. I'm not sure how big that pool is but I've never pulled on an OSB draw. Brief google says maybe 61+
    I have gotten 6 dupes so far on those 19 OSBs.

I guess its kind of whatever because in general they aren't amazing gets anyways but the constant duping does get old.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Second straight daily hit, Fang SSB dupe. Don't need another + wind armor, so I combined it. I'll take a free boost to + element equipment anytime, thanks game.

So, in order to prove something to myself, I chose to try putting my money where my mouth was, and fight Hecatoncier without using Luneth’s Arcane, instead inserting an Overstrike where I would’ve used it. It took a few shots, but I got him. And that’s my 4th Heck. I would’ve taken a screenshot of Luneth’s SB menu to show that the Arcane was unused, but the killing blow was Hecatonchier hitting himself with Radiant Shield damage, so I didn’t have enough time before the death animation took over.

Soul breaks used in this team are the same as before, but without Luneth’s Arcane:

-Bartz U1, BWind, O
    -Alphinaud C, S
    -Luneth G, B, O
    -Onion UPower
    -Relm U

Dupe 6* relics without elemental boosts are basically 7* fodder, as far as I'm concerned.

Cloud’s O1 sword has realm synergy +Wind, for what that’s worth.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Been in hibernation mode, doing mostly time-locked mythril stuff to hoard, but finally got a hit on the daily draw again! And what seems like a damn good one, Luneth USB2!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am very surprised you started a new batch. With the commentary on the last batch.

I will definitely cop to coming across as a griper, but it's more being below expected value here makes me think about other unpleasant things. WRT this game:

1.) I would pay $10 a month just to play this game, so $10 a month where you maybe get a new item once every few months (ugh 45 misses in a row streak) is technically an improvement there, if you look at it glass half full.
    2.) I have basically stopped buying console games because I play this, so I shifted some of the money I would pay for PS4 games over here. Also I probably haven't bought a Switch because of this game, so that's big savings as well.
    3.) I still have leftover gems from the last Dream Select, so I'm basically coasting on those for the time being. I haven't explicitly bought gems for 100 gems in a while, though I admit money is fungible and it works out the same in the end.
    4.) I like to think I'm becoming inured to disappointment here, rather than expecting something nice and never getting it.

If it truly bothers people that I'm keeping a running tally in spoilers, I can stop?

I am very surprised you started a new batch. With the commentary on the last batch.

I will definitely cop to coming across as a griper, but it's more being below expected value here makes me think about other unpleasant things. WRT this game:

1.) I would pay $10 a month just to play this game, so $10 a month where you maybe get a new item once every few months (ugh 45 misses in a row streak) is technically an improvement there, if you look at it glass half full.
    2.) I have basically stopped buying console games because I play this, so I shifted some of the money I would pay for PS4 games over here. Also I probably haven't bought a Switch because of this game, so that's big savings as well.
    3.) I still have leftover gems from the last Dream Select, so I'm basically coasting on those for the time being. I haven't explicitly bought gems for 100 gems in a while, though I admit money is fungible and it works out the same in the end.
    4.) I like to think I'm becoming inured to disappointment here, rather than expecting something nice and never getting it.

If it truly bothers people that I'm keeping a running tally in spoilers, I can stop?

I feel like a running tally with your lower than expected returns actually helps me remember that 100 gems isn't worth it. You are probably helping people to save money.

Until you go on a roll and end up encouraging spending anyway.

PSA: new general rule of thumb (large MoE though) - "minor boost" is worth:

35 ATK below soft cap (806)
    120 ATK above soft cap1, below soft cap 2(1298)
    270 ATK above soft cap 2

40 MAG below soft cap (1056)
    170 MAG above soft cap1, below soft cap 2(2037)
    425 MAG above soft cap 2

Details with the old model (and an idea of the MoE) can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9h3ows/the_add_small_boost_to_elemental_damage_guide/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=FFRecordKeeper&utm_content=t3_aprxnw

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So there's a KHUX x FFRK collaboration mobile browser game out now for the usual "community points for x prizes". If all the goals are hit, expect 10 mythril, a 6* keyblade relic, a bunch of orbs and eggs and about 10 of each 5* mote, 20 of the 4*, and 40* of the 3s.

https://ffrk.jp/cpn/keyblades/en/?utm_source=game&utm_medium=notice&utm_campaign=ww

Weird. A run where I let a bunch of Heartless escape got a better score than the one where I killed all but one. I wonder if the screen-clearing Fated Circle attack doesn’t get you points for each enemy killed.

Ooh. First daily hit in a good while: Raijin’s Overstrike (lightning element, does more damage for having done more Monk attacks). I figure the intended use-case is alongside his Burst, but I figure he can probably use it well as a finishing move alongside spamming his Super for most of a fight (especially if it’s a fight where spamming Spark Rush is viable). Not the best Overstrike, but I can try to swing it from time to time.

IIRC, an Ironfist Lightning attack doesn’t exist in Japan, right?

LOL, Dena intern sent us some dark matter as part of the compensation for the wind banner typo :P

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I...got 15 Mythril with the Dark Matter I don't know about you! Saving for KH goodness tho! You can't tempt me Dena.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
This discussion has been closed.