As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

podcast thread

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Xbox tu, Brute

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Okay, gonna try this again and post in the Podcast thread, not the Pod thread

Oh you mean the Job thread?

I don’t know anymore, Lexi

I just don’t know

The year is 2019. The planet is dying. All threads are pods.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Xbox 7

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Nah its complicated bullshit

see originally buu was what we refer to as kid buu, and then the grand supreme kai let himself become absorbed by him, and buu's personality and body transformed to take on his gentle childlike nature which mellowed him out, but he was still really dangerous

and then in the present he learns about being a good guy but when mr. satan gets shot he becomes incredibly angry, but in an attempt to keep from losing control he vents all of the evil out of him, but then that forms into Evil Buu, and the good buu and the evil buu fight and the evil buu wins and absorbs the good buu, transforming into Super Buu, seen in the tweet

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Nah its complicated bullshit

see originally buu was what we refer to as kid buu, and then the grand supreme kai let himself become absorbed by him, and buu's personality and body transformed to take on his gentle childlike nature which mellowed him out, but he was still really dangerous

and then in the present he learns about being a good guy but when mr. satan gets shot he becomes incredibly angry, but in an attempt to keep from losing control he vents all of the evil out of him, but then that forms into Evil Buu, and the good buu and the evil buu fight and the evil buu wins and absorbs the good buu, transforming into Super Buu, seen in the tweet

Yeah! Simple!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Isn’t kid buu the final form

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    ChicoBuu is the final form.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I call this form

Buuriel

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Majin Duubh

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and this is my final form...

Darryl

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    But what of Chicken Buu

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Isn’t kid buu the final form

It's the final one they fight, but it's also his original form that he reverts to after Goku and Vegeta free everyone that he's absorbed

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu. But Kid Buu has zero interest in anything but killing and destroying, and doesn't seem to feel pain anymore so he is way more dangerous. And since he's nearly indestructible and knows it he does things like smashing himself into planets, self destructing, and reforming and going to the next one.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    They should really make a melee focused BR. It would rule.

https://youtu.be/f_EWZbG0A0U

• Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yo so I might join the blank check patreon tonight. I assume it's just MP3 downloads for the podcasts on there? Also assuming that you can just download all podcasts so far and it's not cut off every month?

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    They should really make a melee focused BR. It would rule.

i'd be really interested to see if anyone could find a way to have the same sort of pressing in and retreating movement rhythms that define BR shooters. Like, they are really defined by players often having to constantly make choices of whether to press in, or retreat away at any given moment. And that's kinda easy to work with when it comes to gunplay and cover

but i'd be interested in a melee focused BR where engaging and disengaging was still an important part, because I have a hard time thinking of games with melee systems that support that same sort of small scale skirmishes that Battle Royale games encourage

Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Battle Royale, I guess

• Options
    You mean Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    You mean Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Battle Royale, yeah

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Yakuza Battle Royale.

100 Kiryus are dropped onto kamurocho. The looting phase is just everyone picking up bicycles and buying staminans from nearby convenience stores.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    the big problem with melee-focused battle royale is probably going to be netcode, I think

especially if the melee is more involved - it's tricky enough as-is to get lag-free Street Fighter matches or Dark Souls invasions, what the hell would it be like with 100 players?

Absolver: Battle Royale would be the hypest shit, though, not gonna lie

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There's probably a way to make a Dark Souls style battle royale work.

I'm not gonna try to figure it out though.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Isn't For Honor kinda like that?

• Options
    The JoJo battle royale gameplay actually looks kinda fun, for what it is

https://youtu.be/_fF0e53jHI4

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Apparently Dark Souls 3 did have something called "Ceremony Sword Battle Royale Eclipse" early on before it was scrapped

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Isn't For Honor kinda like that?

It's 5v5, IIRC, with added CPU mobs. Having extreme numbers of players is kind of what makes the genre stand out - usually 100, but Apex Legends seems to get away with 20 teams of 3.

Netcode for ten players in two opposing teams is a bit easier than it is for ten times as many, from what I understand.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hybrid wrote: »
    Yo so I might join the blank check patreon tonight. I assume it's just MP3 downloads for the podcasts on there? Also assuming that you can just download all podcasts so far and it's not cut off every month?

All patreon secret podcasts get a feed you can use in any podcast app

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ...I was saying Buu-urns

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Okay, gonna try this again and post in the Podcast thread, not the Pod thread

Oh you mean the Job thread?

It took me a very long time to read this as job (as in, a paid position of regular employment) as opposed to Job (patron saint of suffering)

• Options
    what's the difference, am I right folks!?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

You're not right at all, a job as a concept is incredibly different from the Biblical character, Job.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

You're not right at all, a job as a concept is incredibly different from the Biblical character, Job.

Right in one the quality of your life is entirely at the mercy of a capricious powerful being who demands complete deference with no guarantee of protection and in the other the joke is that its' the exact same situation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So this is like two years late, but just ran into MBMBAM 365 and got @Bizzaro Stormy'ed. Well done you beautiful son of a bitch.

Randy Butternubbs on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    ...I was saying Buu-urns

Majimery Buurns

• Options
    So this is like two years late, but just ran into MBMBAM 365 and got "Bizzaro Stormy"'ed. Well done you beautiful son of a bitch.

god, I laughed so hard

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I want a Lore Reasons for Assassin's Creed

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i want something that they basically have no frame of reference for

was remarking with bagel that you could fill a looong podcast with all the lore they wrote for warcraft, and after thinking on it further i actually would enjoy austin trying to deal with warcraft

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    In a sociology college class we were asked for elements of American culture and I raised my hand and said Rocknroll. I was then blasted from people screaming from three directions "NO ITS BRITISH".

That doesn't have anything to do with anything. Im just livid.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I can't think of anything that I

A. Would like to see
    B. Has convoluted enough lore to justify doing a Lore Reasons on and
    C. Would be interesting for a large audience.

Closest I got was the Fast and Furious franchise, which isn't even a videogame. Also has been gone over in depth pretty much everywhere.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    In a sociology college class we were asked for elements of American culture and I raised my hand and said Rocknroll. I was then blasted from people screaming from three directions "NO ITS BRITISH".

That doesn't have anything to do with anything. Im just livid.

just wait until they hear about what marginalized group invented it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I want a Lore Reasons for Assassin's Creed

Patrick should lead that.

This discussion has been closed.