As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Oh Hey I just want this one steam game so I guess I'll buy it for the sale.

Oh look if I spend 10 more dollars I get 5 dollars off.

DAMNIT!!!

Edit: As long as I am posting does anybody have any particular opinions on Heartbeat? The trailer looked really neat and the game looks cute but i was hoping for a Giant Bomb quick look or somthing to see it in action first. RPGs can be really hit and miss for me. (if you respond to this part feel free to @ me so I see it)

Bedlam Don't know about Heartbeat, but I sympathize about the sale! I decided to finally pick up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam, having been playing a lot of the other DOA games lately, and one of the DLC characters; but to get the £5 off I needed to get something else. Sigh. I saw that Far Cry 5 was on a silly sale so picked that up too. Happy with both of them, but yeah, I get the "dammit"! Serve the Newell, etc, etc :lol:
    I ended up going with Astroneer and Wargrove instead. Which both have online modes if anybody wants to add me to their friends list. Though I still dont have a mic.

Also over the past few years I took a lot of people off my friends list due to anxiety and trying to disassociate myself from the stress of reading the negativity of the forums. I guess the good news is that Im finally on medication again so I should be able to avoid some of my previous mistakes, At least the ones that were due to brain spiders. I am sorry if I removed you and you feel you didnt deserve it.

@Bedlam Just speaking for myself, it looks like I'm still there. No worries, the brain spiders do weird things to us. Glad you've got meds again, I hope they're helping. All the best :)

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

They should've called it Two Finger Death Punch

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

One More Finger Death Punch

One Finger Rude Gesture

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Prequel game, Half Finger Death Punch.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The original One Finger Death Punch was so unexpectedly good that the developer seemingly erased as much evidence of its previous dumb games. :)

• FlorinFlorin Registered User regular

But Two Finger Death Punch is weaker than a one finger punch, more like Two One Finger Death Punches.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    A fist full of fingers

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Florin wrote: »

But Two Finger Death Punch is weaker than a one finger punch, more like Two One Finger Death Punches.

It's twice as powerful as One Finger Death Punch.

Stabbity_Style.png
    One Finger Sandwich and Punch

Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Any way you call it, someone gets fingered...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Been playing Far Cry 4. Eagles are evil in this game. That is all.

steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

That cyclops eye is probably gone for good isn't it?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

I'd like you to meet Mr Badger.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Heatwave wrote: »
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

Do you mind a minor spoiler?

-Loki- on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

Don'tNot at all. Why? Was that eye the secret cure for the plague?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

Don't at all. Why? Was that eye the secret cure for the plague?
    No but it’s inside a random goat now on that island. There’s an achievement for finding it

edited February 2019
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

No but it’s inside a random goat now on that island. There’s an achievement for finding it
    Thanks. Sorry about the typo in my previous post. Meant to write "not"

Edit: Is steam down or is it just me. Can't log on

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

Thanks. Sorry about the typo in my previous post. Meant to write "not"

Edit: Is steam down or is it just me. Can't log on
    I actually read it as ‘not’. I should pay more attention. Glad I got it right.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Ok wow, who else here has been sucked in by My Time at Portia?

I went from not knowing it existed to spending like, 30 hours being properly absorbed by it.

I have managed to get to month 3 and I've now hit the problem I always eventually hit in this type of game where I have far too much stuff and am fully incapable of organising it properly.

I'll be damned if I throw anything away.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    A fist full of fingers

2 fingers 2 punch

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Honey Badgers were only bad the first time I encountered them. I've since recognize the noise they make and can spot them and kill them easily before they get up to me. Eagles on the other hand, are just assholes. I hear an eagle, I just drop whatever I'm doing and murder them now.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I guess Super Mega Baseball 2 doesn't play nice with full screen windowed mode? I googled and they said it was a v-sync issue, but I turned that off and it wasn't much better. The game would freeze mid pitch and throw off my timing, as a pitcher or a batter trying to hit the ball.

I did try full screen and it seems to be smoother now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Honey Badgers were only bad the first time I encountered them. I've since recognize the noise they make and can spot them and kill them easily before they get up to me. Eagles on the other hand, are just assholes. I hear an eagle, I just drop whatever I'm doing and murder them now.

Being on the ground, badgers get marked when you look through your binoculars and you can evade or take advantage of them based on what you plan. Eagles just try to gank you while you're looking through the binoculars to mark the badgers.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    New Humble Great GameMaker Games Bundle:
    $1:
    • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
    • Blackhole

BTA:
    • Kingsway
    • Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
    • kuso
    • Solstice

$12:
    • Alone With You
    • Rivals of Aether
    • Way of the Passive Fist
    • Crashlands
    • Soft Body
    • 12 is Better Than 6
    • Don't Sink

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Finished my first PC ME1 playthrough this weekend. Was going to start on ME2 today, but then I remembered the PC gaming problem and that I have to spend a few days picking mods and making sure they all play nicely together. There's also the bit where I decide I should try MShep (I won't) and something other than Vanguard (I won't). Any recommendations for mods other than the controller support mod?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Do you like bullet hells. Do you like typing games. DO I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/940680/The_Textorcist_The_Story_of_Ray_Bibbia/

This game looks amazing. The more people that wishlist it the cheaper the game will be on launch day. Crazyness. Check it out, see if its something you'd like.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/940680/The_Textorcist_The_Story_of_Ray_Bibbia/

This game looks amazing. The more people that wishlist it the cheaper the game will be on launch day. Crazyness. Check it out, see if its something you'd like.

Wow, that looks
    1. amazing, and
    2. clearly not for me. Bullet hell with anything else added to it? Ha ha no. (Seriously, how do you dodge and type at the same time?)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Wow, that looks
    1. amazing, and
    2. clearly not for me. Bullet hell with anything else added to it? Ha ha no. (Seriously, how do you dodge and type at the same time?)

Very Carefully.

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I adore typing games, and I really like bullet hells. That game looks goddamn amazing and right up my alley.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

I went from not knowing it existed to spending like, 30 hours being properly absorbed by it.

I have managed to get to month 3 and I've now hit the problem I always eventually hit in this type of game where I have far too much stuff and am fully incapable of organising it properly.

Most stuff you don't need to organize, since most of the machines will draw from your storage automatically when crafting. It's just the assembler that you need to know the parts for, so as long as you know where your metal bars/plates/refined components are you're mostly good. Otherwise just bask in the wonderfulness of the sort all button and never worry again.

Put the recipe on the assembler. This car needs wheels, eh? Go to workbench, press the ! tab, the wheel recipe is right there. Click click click to craft what I need and it's straight onto my hotbar to be placed onto the correct location. Don't need to know where the rubber came from or anything, that box is lost to human time and memory but the workbench still knows so it's all fine.

The amount of conveniences they've put in to make this game about crafting stuff not a laborious pain in the ass is amazing.

Aistan on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Has anyone tried the demo yet? I added it to my list because I love typing games and suck at bullet hell games.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think they made the game I never knew I wanted.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Most stuff you don't need to organize, since most of the machines will draw from your storage automatically when crafting. It's just the assembler that you need to know the parts for, so as long as you know where your metal bars/plates/refined components are you're mostly good. Otherwise just bask in the wonderfulness of the sort all button and never worry again.

Put the recipe on the assembler. This car needs wheels, eh? Go to workbench, press the ! tab, the wheel recipe is right there. Click click click to craft what I need and it's straight onto my hotbar to be placed onto the correct location. Don't need to know where the rubber came from or anything, that box is lost to human time and memory but the workbench still knows so it's all fine.

The amount of conveniences they've put in to make this game about crafting stuff not a laborious pain in the ass is amazing.

What's more, you can access any storage box and, via the top label, green arrows, or, if playing with a controller, the left stick and RT/LT buttons, scroll through every storage box you have until you find what you need. So if you did indeed make materials earlier and need to place or gift them to someone, that's the method I use.

Also, once the Assembler reaches level 3 it can read if you have the components and auto-craft things for you.

You'll also eventually get the Factory, and then you can just stop worrying about much of anything.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Wow, that looks
    1. amazing, and

Very-- fuck
    You just hav-- fuck!
    I mean if--fuck!!
    Seriously how hard can thi--*throws keyboard out window*

... about like that.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Status report:

Textorcist... Good. From what I've played they didn't half-ass the typing sections - or rather, typing is how you interact with everything, from talking to people to flushing the toilet to using MS-DEUS on the computer. Bullet hell segments seems to be more on the forgiving end, with plenty of pauses to let you get in some holy words. Even with multitasking we are very far from something like Mushihimesama when it comes to difficult bullshit. That's just the demo though, the game and possible future updates could be a lot more trickier.

Wow, that looks
    1. amazing, and

One hand on the arrow keys, the other on the typing end. The perfect solution... for the weak. :P

(I kid, I kid! I had more fun finding a safe spot, frantically trying to get as many words as you can, repeating until exorcism, but play this like you want to.)

Dac Vin on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Finished my first PC ME1 playthrough this weekend. Was going to start on ME2 today, but then I remembered the PC gaming problem and that I have to spend a few days picking mods and making sure they all play nicely together. There's also the bit where I decide I should try MShep (I won't) and something other than Vanguard (I won't). Any recommendations for mods other than the controller support mod?

1. The changes between ME1 Vanguard and ME2 Vanguard are perhaps the biggest improvement to anything in the entire series.
    2. The Mass Effect games on Steam have no cloud save backup. The Mass Effect games on Origin do. My SSD died at the very end of ME2. All my important documents were safe, but that save was lost forever. Make sure you've got it backed up somewhere for ME3!

This discussion has been closed.