As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Something to note about limited time units in the summon pools is that they are only in the EX summon pool for 1 week. This is always part of the fine print on every banner news release. So, you should be able to have multiple weeks during the month where there are no limited time or collab units in the EX summon pool.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got to thinking about the friend point summon and realized that the unit split actually makes it harder to go through those moogles. Oops.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I just want amazing enhancements. That's all I want. And story 1/2 energy. And friend point trust moogle summon. Those are the things I want.

I'll take 1/2 NRG trials again. Didn't realize how far back I'm at with the 10 man's.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »

Reminders: Run Vault of Hidden Treasures AND
    FFX bonus stage!

This.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I don't like fighting Chow in the arena. He's not a tough opponent, but I feel guity KO'ing him. Poor boy.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    They should make it like Wargroove - the dog units in that game don't die or get KO'd, they just run away when defeated.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    To whoever is running Ayaka with 100% invade+100% all resist in arena, I hope your mom didn't love you when you are a kid.

• Options
    I switched my Hyoh’s over to elemental-less weapons since imperil’s are banned.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    To whoever is running Ayaka with 100% invade+100% all resist in arena, I hope your mom didn't love you when you are a kid.
    That's where Ashe and TT shine in the arena. You can't dodge non-elemental damage! I run a non-elemental magic damage team. The only team I have trouble with are multiple A. Rains and/or Liliths. Worst team I have encountered so far was 2x A. Rain 2x Lilith and Chow. Lilith counters filled A. Rains LB turn 1 and then it was 5x LB blitz every turn. I couldn't sustain reraises.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I think there's something I'm not getting about the 3* Alexander fight. I've read up on it on the wiki and have tried it a few times, but I keep getting blown up. My latest attempt was LM Fina, Zarglebargle, Sephiroth (7*) with a dark weapon, Malphaise (7*), Lilith (7*), and the friend unit was a VotD since he was the only unit in my friend list at the time that had a dark weapon. Everyone (except the friend unit) has 100% light resistance (or close enough to be well over that with Zarg/Fina's buff). I'm using Arcadian Light to buff Def/SPR, and I've tried both physical and magic cover, but no mater which I choose the party will be taken out by the other kind. Any tips on what I may be doing wrong?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Cururu wrote: »
    I think there's something I'm not getting about the 3* Alexander fight. I've read up on it on the wiki and have tried it a few times, but I keep getting blown up. My latest attempt was LM Fina, Zarglebargle, Sephiroth (7*) with a dark weapon, Malphaise (7*), Lilith (7*), and the friend unit was a VotD since he was the only unit in my friend list at the time that had a dark weapon. Everyone (except the friend unit) has 100% light resistance (or close enough to be well over that with Zarg/Fina's buff). I'm using Arcadian Light to buff Def/SPR, and I've tried both physical and magic cover, but no mater which I choose the party will be taken out by the other kind. Any tips on what I may be doing wrong?
    I have not done the fight yet so I can't give you any specifics. There are several guides out now so maybe there is a mechanic to the fight you are missing? I know that he counters all attacks and does an AOE (non-coverable) non-elemental magic damage attack on thresholds that hits really hard. So, maybe use Zarg LB to get some DM or use LM Fina LB for the reraise?

edit: I forgot that Alexander can also dispel and imbue your team with light (which heals him). Then he puts up a strong DM for 4 turns that has to be broken over time. So, basically, you need to hit him with dark damage AND cast an LB every turn until you get him below 50%.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I just need to have a little rant about this Lunar New Year thing.

What the hell kind of worst-of-both worlds, Frankenstein horseshit is this? An energy costing raid, with no rewards except a raid summon pool? No store, no individual or group rewards systems, just... cactaurs and gil snappers. Oh, and a all the crafting components for a bunch of useless recipes (except one, admittedly) you could ever want. Great. The only "saving grace" is the TMR moogles, which I now feel compelled to farm since I dropped 40K on the step up trying to get a second Chow and instead ended up with an Ang and Yun I can't 7 star, along with my Chow who I also cannot 7 star. At least Yun's might be marginally useful.

OK, sorry, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Alexander has some nonelemental uncoverable damage I think, and also uses Dispelga every 3rd turn when above 50% HP. I used physical cover/provoke with Sieg and just let the Light damage through since I geared for high Light resist on everyone and used 7*Zarg.

If you can't push past the 50% threshold before turn 3, you can use Manufacted Nethicite to catch the Dispelga.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

First thing is are you dieing before or after he reaches 50% HP? He does different things based on it.

After 50% - He'll do a dispelga every 3 turns, wiping out all your tanking and buffs. Pack someone with Manufactured Nethicite or Sealing-skills to absorb it, or make sure your provoke tank has innate provoke and your team has lots of light resistance.

Below 50% - He stops dispelling but his imperil will go from 60%ish to 300% occasionally, so make sure you're removing that from yourself.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    I just need to have a little rant about this Lunar New Year thing.

What the hell kind of worst-of-both worlds, Frankenstein horseshit is this? An energy costing raid, with no rewards except a raid summon pool? No store, no individual or group rewards systems, just... cactaurs and gil snappers. Oh, and a all the crafting components for a bunch of useless recipes (except one, admittedly) you could ever want. Great. The only "saving grace" is the TMR moogles, which I now feel compelled to farm since I dropped 40K on the step up trying to get a second Chow and instead ended up with an Ang and Yun I can't 7 star, along with my Chow who I also cannot 7 star. At least Yun's might be marginally useful.

OK, sorry, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

A couple things:

1. With the bonus units you can get a lot more coins per day than you would ever get from a raid event. For people who have no gil or no cactaurs built up this event helps out a lot.
    2. You can use energy pots to get even more coins, meaning more money/XP/rank
    3. Since there are no rewards then there's no pressure to run the event. Some people here set alarms for every 5 hours so they can efficiently use their raid orbs to get a better rank.

I agree that they should probably double the coins and the energy for LGD though. That way I can burn through it quickly and easily. But right now I can login when I wake up, burn all my energy and never worry about it until the evening and I fucking LOVE that.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

First thing is are you dieing before or after he reaches 50% HP? He does different things based on it.

After 50% - He'll do a dispelga every 3 turns, wiping out all your tanking and buffs. Pack someone with Manufactured Nethicite or Sealing-skills to absorb it, or make sure your provoke tank has innate provoke and your team has lots of light resistance.

Below 50% - He stops dispelling but his imperil will go from 60%ish to 300% occasionally, so make sure you're removing that from yourself.

I'm pretty much dead by turn three, well before I can get him under 50%. Is both a cover and provoke tank absolutely needed? Currently the only tank that I have that can do both of those is WoL (and I think VotE, but I almost never use him) and he's not going to survive long doing both.

Is the dispelga on every turn that is a multiple of 3, or is that three turns after the first set up turn where he doesn't attack?

• Options
    I believe the turn count starts after you hit the threshold, but there should be a turn counter table on the wiki page. I can't check to verify, but I know other bosses have them.

• Options
    @Cururu need one of us to put up a unit with Dark attack? Let us know what you need and we'll get it done.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    @Cururu need one of us to put up a unit with Dark attack? Let us know what you need and we'll get it done.

Yeah, I can put up Hyoh with 80% light resist and a bunch of machine killer if you want, or I could find another unit that works.

• Options
    Thanks for the offers, but I'll probably need to figure out my tank situation first. It might be time for me to use one of my UoC on a second M. Ramza since he gets physical cover at 7* to go with his provoke.

• Options
    edited February 2019

I'm pretty much dead by turn three, well before I can get him under 50%. Is both a cover and provoke tank absolutely needed? Currently the only tank that I have that can do both of those is WoL (and I think VotE, but I almost never use him) and he's not going to survive long doing both.

Is the dispelga on every turn that is a multiple of 3, or is that three turns after the first set up turn where he doesn't attack?

Check this guide, see if it helps: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/amcp0h/guidemegathread_alexander_3_esper/

Warrior of Light isn't a bad option for this trial if you can get him with evasion, since he has a built in 100% light resist.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Provoke isn't necessary, it's just helpful to keep the regular attacks on one target with the best defenses. The "easiest" way to do the fight is a physical cover tank and then giving everyone in your team 60-80% light resistance from gear and then bring a light resistance buffer on top of it (CG Nichol is good here, since he can dual-cast his damage mitigation buff and light resistance buff for major damage mitigation).

If you don't have that kind of light resistance gear though, you can also do a setup with a magic tank cover instead. Make sure your magic tank has at least 160% Light Resistance. Then you just need to do a more slow & steady run, with all your units having a high HP/DEF and using damage mitigation abilities. I did it with a physical tank though, so I'm not sure what kind of threshold for HP/DEF you need for each unit.

The dispelga is on turn 3 and then every turn divisble by 3 (so 3, 6, 9, etc..) until he hits 49% HP or lower.

Edit: I don't have one, but I'm sure someone here does. But a 100% evasion and enhanced 7* Veritas of the Light should be able to solo it very slowly if you feel you've hit a wall.

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I think my problem is that I don't have a good source of damage mitigation. I ran through it again to see if I could figure out where exactly everything goes off the rails, and it's pretty much always once I get hit by the first Beam of Judgement. If I could set up consistent damage mitigation, then I should be able to get through that. Unfortunately, I do not have a CG Nichol, and all of my good support units are bards, aside from Zarg (who is only 6*). Zarg does have mitigation on his LB, but that's not reliable.

Looking over some of the videos of other people clearing it, I think I might be able to do a one or two turn KO strategy. I won't get all of the achievements, but I think I'm fine with that at this point.

Cururu on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Is news not a thing that happens anymore? I need to know if I can use my Star Ocean raid coins.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Is news not a thing that happens anymore? I need to know if I can use my Star Ocean raid coins.

Why wouldn't you use them? The summon banner is going to go away on Thursday.

• Options
    Amazing Enhancements. I always wait until the last moment in case Amazing Enhancements show up. But it hasn't for a long time.

• Options
    They didn't even give us Amazing Enhancements for CNY, a holiday ALL ABOUT GENEROSITY.

It's never coming back.

• Options
    I already burned through all of my Star Ocean raid coins.

I'm actually at a point where I have too many units that I want their TMRs before I 7* them so it's either slow farm them or use moogles (which I'm running low on)! It's nice that we basically get 15% in trust moogles every week (arena and events), but raid summons supplement that a lot for me. I think I average 20+% per raid. Then, the additional ones from trials pushes it up to about 100% per month.

• Options
    I found part of my problem with Alexander. I apparently can't read. I looked up its break resistances and I read them backwards, so I thought it was immune to ATK/MAG breaks and was not using those. I also noticed that Zarg's enhanced Word of Law gives 30% mitigation. However, I'm still getting blown up on turn two even with 100% SPR/DEF boosts, 100% light resistance, 30% mitigation, and 60% ATK/MAG breaks (after dispelling the ATK/MAG boost it gets on turn 2).

I tried the one turn KO approach, but the best I can do is get him down to about 40%. Not enough Machine Killer to go around my units.

I may need to wait for this fight to get powercrept.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Hello FFBE thread people.

I have a serious case of gacha game ADD, and bounce from game to game on a regular basis. I think I've played the other FF mobile game (RK, Mobius, OA) but I had not really played this one. So I gave it a chance last week.

I'm at Rank 19, almost 20. Having a lot of fun so far. It's almost fun trying to decipher what you all are talking about, as most of it is Greek to me at this point.

I don't totally know what I'm doing, but I'm pushing through the Story content and I did the recent SO Raid a whole bunch. The free stuff from what was super nice.

For Units I have the free Ashe that I assume everyone gets, based on the Friends I see listed. I also got Raegan from one of the pulls. His special attack is super cool to watch, the only one I have that has a little cut scene for that. I guess there aren't very many of those?

I got the Belgemine summoner lady from the SO banner I think. She can use anyone's esper which is nice, even if I only have two at the moment.
    I also got the archer lady Reimi from the SO Raid pull, I have like five of her. From reading, I can turn the extras into something for Trust Rewards?

I used a bunch of random tickets on the available banners, and I have a bunch of random 4*.
    Fidel, Snow, Vanille, Hope, Seven, Rasler, Orran, Crowe, Goken, Drace, Killian, Lexa... and there's a bunch of 3*, but I get the impression the 3s aren't so good.

Oh, and I have Popstar Katy, two of her actually.

I generally use Ashe, Raegan, Fidel, Belgemine and Reimi for running all the Story stuff.

I've been sort of willy nilly sending units on Expeditions, but I guess I should start playing more attention to that.

I have a bunch of blank spheres, those are to trade to King Mog, right? Took me a minute to see that KM was his abbreviation :) .
    I see that KM has summon tickets and evo materials.

Story-wise, I am up to the Lanzelt Highlands I think.

And I'm at 11k lapis. I have not done any of the lapis pulls yet, other than doing some of the discounted daily pulls, which I've been doing for giggles.

Mainly just playing in a super casual way.
    Getting myself curb-stomped in the Arena, as I can barely make a dent in even the lower Rank teams.

• Options
    When I started this game, I was pointed to the beginner's guide on the wiki. It was just a wall of stuff I needed to learn and to keep track of. I can't imagine starting the game today. There have been so many more mechanics added on top of the base game.

• Options
    @Selner Ashe will carry you a long way. Heaven's Fury is a decent damage move that also heals your team so it's pretty great for a lot of content. I still use her in Arena. Raegan is also really great, I used him for a long time and still pull him out pretty regularly.

Make sure to add us in your friends list. Just please put PA in your message so we know to add you back. I have a very high attack Ang as my unit right now that should be able to wreck just about anything you try to do, but we can switch up our unit to help in whatever way you need. You'll see me as Kaneth, 609487309 is my ID.

• Options
    Welcome!

When you first start it's best to do what you can when you can. Gaining rank in the beginning is very important. Just keep at it, and probably hoard your lapis as much as you can.

• Options
    Selner wrote: »
    Hello FFBE thread people.

I have a serious case of gacha game ADD, and bounce from game to game on a regular basis. I think I've played the other FF mobile game (RK, Mobius, OA) but I had not really played this one. So I gave it a chance last week.

I'm at Rank 19, almost 20. Having a lot of fun so far. It's almost fun trying to decipher what you all are talking about, as most of it is Greek to me at this point.

I don't totally know what I'm doing, but I'm pushing through the Story content and I did the recent SO Raid a whole bunch. The free stuff from what was super nice.

For Units I have the free Ashe that I assume everyone gets, based on the Friends I see listed. I also got Raegan from one of the pulls. His special attack is super cool to watch, the only one I have that has a little cut scene for that. I guess there aren't very many of those?

I got the Belgemine summoner lady from the SO banner I think. She can use anyone's esper which is nice, even if I only have two at the moment.
    I also got the archer lady Reimi from the SO Raid pull, I have like five of her. From reading, I can turn the extras into something for Trust Rewards?

I used a bunch of random tickets on the available banners, and I have a bunch of random 4*.
    Fidel, Snow, Vanille, Hope, Seven, Rasler, Orran, Crowe, Goken, Drace, Killian, Lexa... and there's a bunch of 3*, but I get the impression the 3s aren't so good.

Oh, and I have Popstar Katy, two of her actually.

I generally use Ashe, Raegan, Fidel, Belgemine and Reimi for running all the Story stuff.

I've been sort of willy nilly sending units on Expeditions, but I guess I should start playing more attention to that.

I have a bunch of blank spheres, those are to trade to King Mog, right? Took me a minute to see that KM was his abbreviation :) .
    I see that KM has summon tickets and evo materials.

Story-wise, I am up to the Lanzelt Highlands I think.

And I'm at 11k lapis. I have not done any of the lapis pulls yet, other than doing some of the discounted daily pulls, which I've been doing for giggles.

Mainly just playing in a super casual way.
    Getting myself curb-stomped in the Arena, as I can barely make a dent in even the lower Rank teams.

Don't worry about winning at arena; most of us don't. Just run it 5/day to get the 40 lapis out of it.
    Discount daily pulls become less and less worth it as time goes on, but as a brand new player, they're great for cheaply filling your roster and occasionally getting lucky.

If you can get another 3000 lapis from the story before the 15th, you may want to take a look doing a run at the Step-Up Summon banner featuring Tidus, Merc Ramza, Reberta, Ayaka, and Emperor.
    Merc Ramza is a top-shelf tank and Ayaka is a top-shelf healer. Reberta and Emperor are also great DPS units. Tidus is showing his age a bit, but he can carry you through a lot of the early stuff anyway.

I don't know what kind of stuff you get for starting out as a new player now-a-days, but if you run into any 4* Guaranteed Tickets, I would use them on the current Chinese New Year banner that is up. The second one, with Choi (the dog unit)/Ang/Yun on it. 4* Guaranteed Tickets will have a really good chance of sniping Yan, a 4* buffer/support unit that is just bonkers for a 4* unit. She's probably the best 4* support unit in the game to date.

Make sure to drop your friend code and a bunch of us can add you as friends as well.

As for the units you have; Lexa is a great mage and will combo well with any of the 7* friend units that have Tornado-moves.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Took two trips through the CNY step-up: received my second best boi Chow (yay! Seven stars!) And... um....4 Ang (holy crap. yay pointy boi!)

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah post your friend ID and we'll make room to invite you.

Generally for the story you can use whatever units you want. Raegen is great, he is one of the few characters that has a CG limit break. He's very new player friendly, he can break enemy stats, buff your team (and himself), has innate dual wield, has some healing with Raise and Curaga, and can equip a ton of stuff.

Some general info: As Teaspoon mentioned, the wiki is a great place for info. Not just for mechanics but if you want to look up a specific character. For example Raegen: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Raegen

The game generally has 1 special event per week. They start on Fridays and rotate between a King Mog event (grind levels with event units to get currency), Raid (use Raid orbs to fight the Raid boss and get currency), and Story events (use NRG for limited time story missions). Each event has it's own cast of characters that you can use tickets or lapis to try and summon. Outside of the weekly event and story, there are hard trials to try and tackle for gear. You'll want to make sure you have a good core group of characters before doing them. That includes a tank role, healer, and DPS as a minimum normally. We'll also see the Steel Castle once a month, works like a Raid with separate orbs, but you can add random stats to your weapons.

Generally most new characters are going to be great compared to those in the pool that have been around awhile. I'd highly recommend saving Lapis from the story till you see a character you like, then run the step up for them. For example, Akstar who is coming in April I believe is going to be an amazing unit for a long time. He'll have an 11K lapis step up with a higher chance to pull him. There are also 25K step ups (generally 2 characters) but you have a 100% chance to pull one of them.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    lodger wrote: »
    Took two trips through the CNY step-up: received my second best boi Chow (yay! Seven stars!) And... um....4 Ang (holy crap. yay pointy boi!)

Congrats! Using him from friend units, he's a fun unit to use. His STMR will be amazing for him.

• Options
    I'd almost say hold off getting his STMR until this even ends so you can maximize your bonus.

• Options
    lodger wrote: »

Gimme that Ang stmr!

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Lemme see, friend code.. 127,573,470.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize the arena participation rewards were daily. Whoops.

This discussion has been closed.